[Everfree Forest Outskirts] The Second Encounter [Open]

Winter

Glad that the two stallions had made acquaintance, Storm decided to carry on. "Oh, that sounds like it was... interesting. It isn't every day you hear random voices in the Everfree, right?" She took on a more serious look. "Don't worry, Dunder, you aren't ruining anything. We are just here having a great time, and I'm sure we're all fine if you join us! Right, Inkblot?" She asked as she lovingly nudged him.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sure," Inkblot replied fairly hesitantly. "Adding one never hurt anyone...as far as I know."

Corvus cocked his head to observe Dunder again before shooting off of Ink's back and landing on a nearby tree branch. Observing the group from his perch, he cawed once again.

The black pegasus made his way to a small clearing on the overgrown ground, and looked around for something that would be useful.

"Miss Storm," Ink asked softly. "How...er...what...should I...we..do to set up...camp? I can't say I'n experienced in situations...like this."

Dunder noticed that Inkblot didn't want Dunder to be there, making Dunder feel all the more like he shouldn't be there. He followed them to a clearing when Ink asked what they should use to set up a camp. "We're going to sleep on the ground? I thought we were going to sleep on a cloud." Dunder said as he looked up at the skies, "But I can still help make a ground level camp, if you guys want." Dunder said, looking away. He didn't want to start telling them what to do, he already felt like intruding.

"Well... I thought it would be fun to sleep in the trees... but I guess ground level camp would be nice to." Storm conceded. "Let's just find a nice cave or some trees that are bowed over together. That should make some easy framework..." Storm proposed, thinking of possible ideas and rustling her wings. "Or I could always just make one out of some sturdy sticks we find." She added on.

"Oh...right...thanks, Dunder," Inkblot said with an akward tone. "As I previously stated...I...I'm not used to stuff like this..."

He looked to the ground and sighed quietly, and then looked back to Storm.

"Miss Storm...it's up to you," he statedwarmly. "I'm...open for ideas."

"So, are we going to make this thing out of sticks and leaves on the ground? Or are we just going to sleep in the clouds?" Dunder asked. He sat down with a very confused look on his face. "Of course, I will support whatever you two choose. I'm just here to...help." He said then smiled.

Inkblot hastily looked around the dark forest, eager to find a resting place. He was a bit weary, and definately need a good nap, no matter how long or small it may turn out to be. Spotting a small alcove in the side of a tree, he jumped to the sight of oppurtunity.

"There's...an alcove in that tree over there, the one...Corvus is perched on. We could...use that...right?" he asked hesitantly once again, not knowing if he doing anything productive. "That okay...Miss Storm?"

Storm looked to the tree, then back to the rest of the group and hesitantly stated, "It seems a little small, Inkblot... Maybe if we were to really squish in there... If that would be alright with everypony, I think we could manage." She gave the spot a little more thought before adding quickly. "It is definitely the last place a baddy would look for us, though!"

"It's fine, Miss Winter," he replied calmly. "I'm not quite used to stuff like this...I can continue looking if you'd like instead...But...I appreciate the thought, Miss Winter..."

He smiled a bit, trying to look for a different place to take shelter in.

"Any specific kind of...place we're looking for...? Alcoves...? Caves...?"

Dunder watched Inkblot jump inside a hole of a tree. Dunder just watched as Storm and Ink exchanged a few remarks. He stood up and wandered off a bit, looking for a better place to stay.

[>.> Yes, because Winter Bolt is TOTALLY dating Inkblot, Dunder :P]

"Well... A nice cave would be best. Maybe even a little overhang from a cliff would be great... We don't need too much, really! Just enough room to move comfortably, as far as I mind... I don't like to be too cramped up. I like room to stretch my wings." She replied, giving her wings a ruffle to emphasize her point. She then added with another nudge to Inkblot. "Although... as long as I'm somewhere nice with you, it doesn't matter."

(OOC: That's two name mistakes in one thread. Storm Feather must be a confusing name.)

Inkblot nodded his head.

"Of course, Miss Storm...." he said with a smile. "I...I'm sure there's something around here for the two....er....three of us."

He quickly turned to Dunder, and then looked back to Storm.

"Right. Three of us...So sorry..." the pegasus said before yawning.

"Nevertheless...I...I'll try to find...something better, Miss Winter....I'm sure I'll be able to find some accomodations for us...eventually..."

Dunder was half listening to the conversation Ink and Storm were carrying out. He was wandering slowly around the clearing, looking through the trees for any sign of a cave, When Ink said they needed to find shelter for the two of them, but corrected himself, Dunder Just looked back at him casually. He sighed and kept trotting slowly when a clearing in trees led to a darker spot in the night, unlit by the moon. "Storm, Ink, I might have found a cave." He called back to them, but kept his eyes locked on the cave.

((Haha, yep. At least her name isn't as complicated as Princess Mia... Cadence))

Storm shot her head in the direction Dunder called from. "We'd better go check it out, Inkblot." She said before running towards Dunder and the cave. When she got close enough, she looked around it a moment before trying to get a good guess of how big it was without actually going inside. "I think it is enough room... But what if something else thought so too? We should explore it a little bit before setting up camp in there, right?"

Inkblot looked at the cave with mixed emotion. Considering it was his first time camping, he wasn't quite sure how to look at it.

"Hmmm..." he pondered quietly. "I wonder..."

He stopped himself, turning his attention back to Storm and Dunder. Inching himself closer to the Hippogriff to make himself feel a bit safer, he spoke again with an only somewhat audible voice.

"Do...Do you think a creature lives in...it! Like a manticore...or a cockatrice...?"

He shuddered at the thought, and inched closer to Storm once again, a bit fearful and a bit curious.

Dunder examined the cave entrance. It didn't look like it could have been populated, although he was no tracker and the Everfree was still foreign to him. "Well, we should go inside to make sure we have something to be scared of." He suggested before trotting off towards the cave entrance.

"Right, fair enough." Storm stated as she cantered over to the cave entrance. She looked around, just to make sure there was nothing outside the cave to be scared of, before sticking her head in the cave. "Hello-o!" She whispered into the cave, wondering if anypony was in there... or anything, for that matter. "HELLO-O!" She called in again, this time much louder. She turned back to the ponies with her. "Well... nopony responded... How about one of you manly stallions check it out, just to be safe? I'll be right behind you."

Inkblot took a couple of steps into the cave shakily.

"I guess I can..go...in...I...eh...I guess..."

He looked over to Dunder.

"Unless you would like to..."

He took a deep breath and trotted into the darkness of the cave. At first, all was well. Then, a couple of rats jolted out of the cave, causing Ink to jump a little bit. He continued on though, still a bit hesitant.

"It...it looks clear...I...I think..."

Dunder Blust nodded to Storm. He smiled and laughed a little when she called them "manly stallions." He snapped back to reality and looked at Ink when he spoke. "We should both go in." Dunder said before walking off alongside Ink.

When the rats came out, Dunder flinched a little, "Gah! That scared me." He said before laughing. "Also, it's clear so far. We've barely gotten inside."

Storm stood just inside the cave, making sure nothing came in after them. Celestia... if something were to come in this cave after us, we would be trapped... She couldn't help but shudder at the thought. She stood there a moment longer, staring into the night and wondering what odd mysteries lay beyond, and hesitantly turned around and followed the others. She didn't want to get left behind. "I think... I think that once we are sure it is clear, we should get some sort of bedding... This ground does seem very welcoming..."

"No...No it does not, Miss Storm," Inkblot said with a small chuckle. "...Maybe...Maybe we could use...makeshift beds of...leaves...or...well...er..I can't think of...anything else actually..."

The black pegasus walked around the cave for awhile, observing all of it's aspects. It was dusty and dim, but oddly wasn't overgrown like the forest that housed it.

"Also...are we going to make a...campfire...or something? For...for light?"

Dunder thought about setting up a campfire. He knew they would have to get some dry wood and some other materials so they could start the fire. He didn't mind the bed too much, he might just leave them in the cave to do whatever while he went to go sleep up in the clouds or in a tree. although, he would make suggestions, "If you just make a pillow out of leaves then you should be fine...making a blanket will be hard though. As will a soft cover to lay on."

"It shouldn't be too cold... and if it is, we always have each other." Storm replied while contemplating how to set up bedding. "Maybe for the bedding... we could do something simple, like..." Suddenly an idea struck her and her eyes went wide with excitement. "We could bring clouds down here and sleep on them! I know it might sound pointless at first... but think about it. Who else could say they have ever slept in a cave on a cloud before? It could be FUN!"

"That's...a great idea Miss Storm!"exclaimed Inkblot. "I surely wouldn't...have thought of that so easily. But...would it work?"

The thought bewildered him, as it was not an idea which he had pondered before.

"It really is quite the genius idea..."

He stepped closer to Storm, and then turned to Dunder.

"What do you think...Dunder?"