[Everfree Forest Outskirts] The Second Encounter [Open]

Winter

Dunder thought about the idea. He never heard of anything like it, but it should work. He couldn't imagine why it wouldn't work. When he heard his name, Dunder nodded at Inkblot, "Yep! I don't see why not. So we all should go pick out a cloud and then we come back to make a fire?"

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Alrighty, then, let's try it out!" Storm shouted quickly before bounding out of the cave and launching into the air, not waiting for a response. She flew nearly straight up, searching around in circles for the perfect cloud. Seconds later, she spotted it. Storm flew to the left and grabbed hold of a dark, soft storm cloud. "I call this one!" She called to the others. "It's so FLUFFY!"

Inkblot slowly followed winter into the air. He was at a decent speed, neither slow nor fast. More of a jogging speed, perhaps. He looked over to Storm.

"Nice catch, Miss Storm!" he exclaimed.

The pegasus continued on to observe the sky for a nice cloud. Finally, he saw one. He flew over to the soft, white cloud and grabbed it as fast as he could, suddenly changing his pace.

"Found one!" he called out. "It's...quite comfortable as well...!"

Dunder took off beside Inkblot and behind Storm. He spotted a big, fluffy cloud. His eyes lit up s he flew towards it, but Storm was faster. He grubled and spotted another, when he flew towards it, Ink got it. He put his hooves on his sides, "Hmph." He looked around for another. He spotted a new cloud, one that made him glad he didn't pick the others because it looked good. He flew towards the fluffy cloud and fell on it. "This one is mine!" He called out to them

"Alright, it seems like we are all set! So... let's just, uh, move these clouds here into the cave..." Storm said as she started to fly back to the shelter. "Then we can do whatever we want for the rest of the night. After all, what more could we possibly need?"

"Nothing I can think of..." Inkblot said hesitantly, focusing on moving the cloud back down to the cave.

"A fire maybe...? For light? Or...or is light something we don't need?"

He looked over to Dunder, and then back to Storm.

"This really was a good idea, Miss Storm...I certainly wouldn't have considered it..."

Dunder pushed the cloud down into the cave. He set his beside Inkblot's and away from Storm's. "Yeah, this is a good idea." Dunder said and smiled to Storm. "And we do need a fire. How else are we going to show creatures to not come here?"

"Right...of course..." Inkblot sighed. "Again...not used to stuff like this..."

He whistled a bit, calling Corvus to his side. The raven had been resting on a nearby tree, and Inkblot felt better with the raven closer to him. Corvus took a seat on the cloud with Ink, and then almost immediately fell asleep.

"So...what do need for the fire...? Flint? Wood? Sticks? Stones?"

"That sounds like a plan, Inkblot!" Storm chimed in from her corner where she was fixing up her cloud. She had been making sure it fluffed up a bit at one end, making the end perfect for a pillow. "And those shouldn't be too hard to get either. Well, the flint might be... Does anypony have any clue on how to get some of that?"

(Minecraft?)

"Well..." said Inkblot in response to Storm. "I once read that Flint can be produced from gravel..."

He squinted, trying to see if their was any gravel within a close distance.

"Are there any sufficient amounts of gravel around here...?" He asked with a smile.

"Flint and steel to make a fire? I have steel... I don't have any flint though..." Dunder said a little uncomfortable that he forgot the basic tool to make a fire. "Although, we can get flint from gravel. We just need to go through enough gravel." Dunder said as he stood up and jumped off his cloud. He started to trot off further into the darkness.

(SSSSssssSSSSssss)

"Alright, that sounds fair..." Storm stated as she rushed off of her cloud and towards Dunder. "It will be dark deeper though, we should all stick together to keep safe." She turned around back to the entrance. "Goodbye, sweet light..." She turned back around, "Hello, deep, dark, and dangerous cave..."

(we'll need 3 blocks gravel and a crafting table I believe)

Inkblot followed Storm into the depths of the cave cautiously. It wasn't every day he ventured into potentially threating caves. In fact, he almost never did that. But tonight was an exception. He stuck very close to Storm, to a point were he was basically pressed against her.

"Hmmm...I wonder just how deep this cave is?" he asked openly. "....And...Wh-What else lives in it..."

"Don't be scared!" Dunder said enthusiastically. His voice echoed through the cave. He pressed up against Ink and pushed him against Storm, "Don't worry. I doubt anything dangerous lives in this cave."

"Yeah, and even if there was something in here, we could take'm!" Storm said enthusiastically, the sound bouncing around the cave walls. She waited a moment longer before breaking her own echo. "So gravel... What should we be looking for that is around gravel, usually? It is awfully dark... we need all the tricks we can get to find some."

"I certainly hope so," Inkblot said confidently. "In fact, I'm...sure we can."

Looking around the cave for gravel was like looking for a needle in a hay stack. In fact, they might of well have been doing just that. Then, an idea popped into his mind.

"Hey...!" he exclaimed enthusiatically. "Why don't...I have Corvus take a look around? He's...suited for dark places...like this."

The pegasus turned to Storm with a hopeful look painted onto his face.

"Corvus? Sure! Use him, since he's going to more useful than us three blind mice travelling in the dark." Dunder said loudly compared to Ink's softer voice.

"Thanks, Storm..." Inkblot replied softly once again. "I'm almost completely certain...that he'll find something..."

He whistled again, calling Corvus.

Leaning in to whisper to the raven he said, "Okay Corvus, gravel. We need to find...gravel."

With a swift nod, Corvus started off down the cave to find some.

Dunder was slightly skeptical about letting the bird do the searching.... but it was only a try. After all, they had nothing else better to do. Dunder heard Ink give the order and send the bird off, he tried to watch but lost the sight of the bird in the darkness.

Storm watched Corvus fly forward full of hope. "Come on Corvus, you can do it!" She shouted after him as his form faded into the darkness. Well, isn't this interesting. Sleeping in a cave on clouds with a raven helping is find flint for a fire. I really love these adventures. Storm thought to herself. Storm turned to face Dunder and Inkblot. "Alright, we should keep searching too, though. More eyes are always better!"

"I can't see my hoof in front of my face.... but I will try..." Dunder said as he trotted off. He could still hear the hoof and foot steps, he knew he just couldn't let them wander off too far without him and he'd be okay.

Storm walked along the cave, wondering why she hadn't managed to find any gravel yet. I mean, it was a cave, there was bound to be some somewhere! As she walked around, she felt something wet on her claw. Storm looked down, worried that she may have stepped on something unpleasant, and was pleasantly surprised to see a small puddle. "What a relief" she muttered to herself. Great, there was water in the cave... How amazing. Suddenly, an idea hit Storm. Wasn't gravel found near water? "Hey, guys, I found some water here! I am going to go see if I can find out if there is a larger body of water around here! Gravel is bound to be around there somewhere!"

(OOC: How many more posts until we find gravel? I don't want to rush the process)

Inkblot rushed over to Storm, hearing of her discovery.

"That's great, Miss Storm!" he exclaimed happily. "Gravel....is usually found near water."

He walked in the direction of the water, calling over Corvus to investigate the area as well.

"I'm sure....we'll find it in no time."