[Everfree Forest Outskirts] The Second Encounter [Open]

Winter

Storm knew she had to do something to fix things. Either Dunder would give up and leave, or they would forgive him and go back to having fun. She thought about it a moment before softening her gaze. "Look, Dunder, at least you are sorry... It was an accident, after all... I guess I can forgive you. Just make sure it doesn't ever happen again. Inkblot, I think we should all go back to the cave now... Best not stay up all night, right?"

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That...sounds nice Storm," said Inkblot wearily. "I can't say I'm...wide awake."

The pegasus paused to look at Dunder, and then to Storm. He took a breath, observed the irritated Corvus, and then started on his way back to the cave. It had certainly been an interesting night...probably better before Dunder showed up. But he was too nice to tell anyone that, or even hint at it. Maybe Dunder was right, he did need to stop being so soft. He pondered this and some other subjects as he made his way absent mindedly back to the cave.

Dunder couldn't help but feel embarrassed... he only wanted to make Inkblot appreciate Storm more... Now he made himself look like an idiot, and possibly ruined his friendship with Storm and his possible friendship with Ink. He could tell he wasn't wanted anymore, he just wanted one of the ponies to tell him so he could fly away! Dunder sighed and looked away, "I guess I'll go... and leave you two to your date..." He said as he started to hover.

(Hmmm, sleepy time Mr. B? I didn't realize it was my turn, sorry :/)

Storm watched sadly as Dunder prepared to leave. Sure, he had made a mistake, but he didn't need to feel that miserably about it. "Er, hey, you are still welcome back at the cave..... We got all our clouds together, we might as well use them together." She turned to Ink and laughed a little. "Yeah, I guess it is off to our clouds for us. I'm exhausted..." She walked with him, leaving the flowers behind in the dust.

(Didn't realize it was mine either. Confusion ftw.)

Inkblot looked at Dunder wearily.

"Why don't you just finish...the night with us? Your cloud is still...at the cave."

Ink smiled weakly and turned around to follow Storm. Stopping for a second, he went back to pickup his flower from the ground. He then caught up to the hippogriff happily.

"H-Here," he tiredly said. "I forgot to give...it to you."

With this, he smiled a bit as they continued back to the cavern to recieve some well deserved rest.

Dunder was ready to leave, he hovered there for a moment before sighing and landing. "Are you sure? I could just leave and leave you two alone." Dunder said as motioned toward the sky with his head. When Ink gave Storm the flower, Dunder trotted over to his flower and picked it up, "This is for both of you." He said to them as he carried it in his mouth.

(A'ight, finally back from the Civil War!)

"Aw, you are so sweet, Inky." She said as Inkblot gave her the flower. "Thank you."

In response to Dunder, she called to him, "Or you could always stay... You did help so far, and we did all get clouds together. It would be a waste if you never slept in it. Your call, of course..."

Ink smiler a bit, turning a bit red.

"T-thank you, Miss Storm..."

He nudged her softly and took a few steps back.

"So...what do you want to do, Dunder?" he said almost inaudibly. "It's...your choice. You can stay if you...want?"

Corvus, annoyed and tired, simply kept his gaze in between Storm and Dunder, trying to record each one's moves. He cawed a bit, and then closed his eyes once again.

"No..." Dunder said, "do you want me to stay?" He asked them both. His eyes shifted from Storm to Ink. "I mean... if you guys want me to leave, I will.I wasn't invited here anyway... I think it was supposed to be your date." He said. He couldn't help but feel that the ponies wanted him to leave. Though it was only after he kissed Storm

"I don't know, Dunder, if we want you to stay. We only invited you what, five times now to come back to the cave?" She said to him sarcastically. "It's up to you, we are open to you coming... It would be my pleasure to let you stay over and camp with us, the more the merrier." She thought a moment before adding, "Come, now, it isn't like I hate you... we don't hate you, I don't think... Come on and enjoy the night."

Inkblot sighed a bit, and looked over to Dunder in an annoyed fashion.

"If we didn't want you to stay...we wouldn't have asked you so many times, Dunder."

Ink took a breath, looked back to Corvus, and then continued.

"It might not have been an...ideal night...but it's the spontaneous moments that can make life fun some times...So...yes. You can stay with us for the night...as long as it's okay with you as well."

Dunder sighed. He was acting like kind of an idiot. He was just nervous because of what he had done, which he regretted doing now. He looked up at both of them, "Okay, then. I'll stay." He said. "So we're going back to the cave?"

"Last I checked. I think it's best we get some rest, unless somepony else wants to do something. Anyone?" She asked tentatively. She didn't want to seem to be leaning in either direction; she wanted to be the true neutral and let Inkblot decide. "It is a nice night... I'm pretty sure anything would go great on a night like this."

"I think we should sleep," he replied wearily and surprisingly cheerful. "It's...been a long night."

He took a deep breath, and looked to Corvus, who was dozing off into a deep sleep slowly.

"I think we're...all quite tired."

He walked toward the cave slowly, mumbling some tired words to himself.

"I think...I think maybe some sleep is all we need, right?"

Dunder followed the pony and the hippogriff into the cave. He still couldn't help but feel awkward. But it felt good to kiss Storm, of course, he would keep that to himself. The talk of sleeping made him yawn a bit, before suddenly looking drowsy. He crawled onto his bed and shaped a part of the cloud to look act like a pillow. He closed his eyes before saying, "Night, all."

Storm entered the cave wearily. It had been a long and tiring night, but she was glad to have been able to see Inkblot again. He was a nice one, that was for sure. It was really odd Dunder showed up; that was definitely not something she would have expected. Storm took her dark cloud and fluffed up a small section on one end until it made a small mounds. She scooted onto the cloud and lay her head down on the mound. "Well, night, all... Was a good one."

Inkblot took his place on a cloud next to Storm's. The cloud was quite fluffy. He laid down his weary head on one of the many mounds of the cloud. It felt good to finally take a rest. It had been a long night, filled with adventure, surprises, and friends. It was really nice to see Storm again, and Dunder had been an odd surprise. Before he closed his eyes, he whispered to Storm.

"I love you, Storm...Good Night."

He smiled and closed his eyes.