[Cloudsdale] Bookworm's First Day [OPEN]

Scebulus

An indigo-colored pony with emerald green eyes and a short, black mane could be seen running in and out of an apartment building regularly. The stallion kept buying something to add to his new apartment and then, as he returned to his new home in Cloudsdale, he suddenly thought of something else that needed to be bought. Just a moment ago he had returned with a new couch that was placed opposite of a wall with a large shelf filled with Fantasy novels. “Come on, Bookworm! Think! What else do you need?” Bookworm wondered aloud. He paced around outside the building. “You got the soft green couch and the new bookshelf you’ve been dying to get for the past month. Is there anything else…?” Suddenly, it occurred to Bookworm that there was absolutely no food in his apartment whatsoever. The last of it had been eaten when he had gotten hungry while on his way to Cloudsdale. “Yikes! I have to get food!” Bookworm sped down the road and turned left onto a busy street full of different shops. He looked around; Cloudsdale was still unfamiliar to him, even after racing through the crowded road multiple times.

Bookworm walked past a clothing store, a supply store, a restaurant, a hair salon and… the food store! It happened to be right next to The Billion Book Bookstore, the latest book store to open up in Cloudsdale. The BBB was also where Bookworm would begin working at from the early morning ‘till late afternoon on weekdays. He smiled as he walked past it.

The food store was crowded with ponies wanting to use the weekend sales to get everything they needed. The line was long to get in so Bookworm took his spot at the end. He noticed a pony walking past him that looked familiar, but it was unlikely that it was someone Bookworm knew. Only his Uncle Letters lived in Cloudsdale along with him, and he was on the other side of the city. Just in case though, Bookworm stepped out of line, walked up to the pony and tapped him or her on the shoulder. “Excuse me. Do I happen know you by any chance?”

Velvet Rose snoted her nostrils in agrivation as she had to wait in this long excrutiating line just to buy some groceries for the week, when a young stallion tapped her on her shoulder. She turne around and looked at him with confusion on her face, "Why no I'm sorry I don't believe I have ever met you before...". She smiled at thinking of meeting a new pony. "Well even If I have never met you before I have now so what is your name?".

"Oh. Sorry then," Bookworm apologized, scraping his hoof on the ground in embarassment. "I can sometimes think that I know someone but it turns out to be a stranger." He smiled to make up for the awkward meeting. The mare then asked his name, and he answered, "My name is Bookworm. I just moved here and I'm in desperate need of food since there's none at my new apartment." Bookworm turned back around to gaze at the long lineup; it was amazing how difficult it was to get something as simple as groceries. He then turned back to face the pony. "By the way, may I ask what your name is?" Bookworm was overjoyed that he was already getting acquainted with other ponies in Cloudsdale.

Velvet smiled at the newcomer to Cloudsdale, "Well welcome to Cloudsdale BookWorm!, and if it's bits you need then no problemo!", She reaches into her pouch at her side and pulls out atleast 20 bits for his groceries. She opened BookWorm's pouch and placed the bits inside and smiled at him warmly then forgot that he asked her her name, "Oh my is Velvet, Velvet Rose. rising fashionista".

The thought that crossed Bookworm's mind when the mare gave him 20 bits was, That was perhaps the biggest act of pure kindness I've ever seen.... He didn't exactly need them, for he had a good amount of bits to last the week. He would then begin working at the BBB and get more money. In any case, Bookworm sure as heck wasn't going to say no to the 20 bits; it might hurt the pony's feelings. He'd find a way to pay her back someday. He didn't know what to say except, "Thank you" in a hushed tone that was the result of being appalled by the pony's kindness. The mare then told Bookworm that her name was Velvet Rose. "Velvet Rose. That's a nice name. And a fashionista? Do you make normal ponywear? You see, I don't exactly have a lot of clothes and what I do have... let's just say that if compared to other clothing it looks like rags," Bookworm explained. He paused for a moment before finishing. "Perhaps I could see some of your designs and maybe even buy a couple of things."