Canterlot; the Movie -The Canterlot Gambit (OPEN)

Boss_Hoss1

Boss_Hoss1, as he is known to bronykind, groaned as sunlight filtered down on his closed eyes. He heard the sound of birds chirping and smelled leaves and grass around him.

This was not helping a light hangover he felt. His whole body felt strange as he rolled over to think over where he was.

This was his first Brony meetup, and there seemed to be a lot of brightly colored drinks involved in the final party of the meet and...

"Wait a minute.. Where's my clothes?" This prank was a definite first for any convention he had been to.

He experimentally opened one eye, praying he was not in a public park...

Both eyes went wide! Everything in the wooded clearing looked brightly colored and cell shaded, but felt real.

"No...way....!"

Still stiff in shock, his head made a ratcheting sound as it swiveled to look back at his new body. Red-brown hide, black tail, black "sock" marks, a 4-pointed star in a blue circle cutie mark...

After waking back up a few minutes later from passing out, he took stock of himself; "Hmmm, no wings, and I dont see a female clone of myself nearby... So I'm not either of the twins..."

Boss_Hoss1 reached up and felt his forehead, his hoof thunking against a horn. "OW! Okay, I'm a unicorn."

He closed his eyes and rocked himself forward like he had seen the real horses he helped care for do.

wobbleing on his hooves for a moment, and getting used to the feeling of hooves, he looked around "I really hope somepony didnt' slip something in my drink. I dont' want to think I'm lying somewhere in a straitjacket.."

He gasped as he looked to what had to be the North, where a path entered the clearing.

Canterlot Castle was THERE!

The sight took his breath away and he stood in silence staring at the sight. gleaming, translucent stone and gold roofs. He was seeing it at a lower angle than any in the show.

Finally catching his breath, Boss_Hoss1 spoke to himself, if only to hear another voice "Ummm wait! This must be whitetail Woods if I'm this close. I still may be hours away by.. um, hoof!"

The stallion looked around "Okay, I really, really hope I'm not the only one who got here. Even a local pony would be great.."

Closing his eyes, he bellowed out "Hello! Is Anypony here? Helooooo!"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(OOC: Mind if I join in? I'm going with my actual tag Codex Writer.)

"Uh, my head... last time I go crazy at my first meetup. I'll save it for the next one." Codex replied, trying to rub the back of his head. He felt something strange, pulling back his arm to see his.... Hoof?

"Great, now I've really lost my mind." a few seconds pasted before his finally realized, then panicked like mad, running through the woods. Tripping over his other hooves, Codex rolled and crashed into a nearby tree, leavings falling to the ground.

"Hello! Is Anypony here? Heloooooo?" A voice shouted out. His head stuck out of the pile, ears perked.

"Hello?"

(OOC: quite all right :) Sorry delay, IRL events ate up my time this weekend.)

Boss_Hoss1 listened for a long moment, then heard a reply; "Hello?"

The unicorn whinnied in relief and started walking toward the voice, concentrating on putting one hoof in front of the other.

The ground felt strange to new hooves, but oddly comforting as he got out on the North-bound trail.

Boss_Hoss1 quickly found a tee with a new pile of leaves and a pony poking his head up out of it.

The new unicorn grinned broadly as he reguarded the pony, then thought how to best address the pony in case it was a local instead of a Brony or Pegasister.

"Hello! I am a bit lost. I'm looking for some ponies from a gathering of... "bro ponies".."

(My entrance is gonna be a bit different due to the fact that I havent been to a meetup before and I am missing one this month to extenuating circumstances.)

Silver Swirl woke up with a splitting headache. Looking about, he realized that this wasn't his room where he had shut himself in after his sister had left him behind to go to the meetup location with her boyfriend. "This isn't my room! What... Happened?", he said aloud. He felt strange, like something was wrong with his body. He lifted an arm to his face and was surprised to see a hoof! He immediately knew what had happened to him now and he flashed a huge smile. "I'm a pony!!!! Hooray!!! I am in Equestria and my sister isnt!", he exclaimed with joy as he jumped to his hooves and looked himself over thoroughly, his flank the first thing he looked at and saw a mark of a silver whirlpool with small stars accenting it. His coat was a navy blue color and he had a longish, dirty blonde mane and tail.

He carefully began to take baby steps, wobbling around as he got used to moving on 4 legs. "Hello! Anyone there?! I am a bit hungry and lost!", he shouted as loudly as possible. He paused at a puddle and looked at himself, his glasses looked good on him and seemed to accent his horn quite nicely. "I look good.", he whispered to himself as he kept on walking.

Codex looked at the unicorn in front of him, at first puzzled by his question.

"A Gathering?" An idea struck in his mind, and thought to play this through with some hope that it maybe another brony. If he wasn't, then mistakes were made. "You mean like a large party with your friends that involved games, food and strange color drinks?" Codex relpied, raising his brow.

Boss_Hoss1 felt his ears perk forward, listening to the earth pony before him with rising hope.

He grinned and pranced in place in joy.

"*whew!* That's a relief! Sorry for being cryptic like that, I really dont' want to get locked up with the crazy barking pony from the Daring Do episode. If you can think of a better way to ask the next pony if they had been a human being at a brony meet, go for it."

He stuck out a hoof with a black sock marking to shake "My name tag read "Boss_Hoss1" and I'm Scott offline. How about you?"

After a minute of introductions, he heard a voice; "Hello! Anyone there?! I am a bit hungry and lost!"

He glanced in that direction "It sounds like you've got your chance at asking the question..." and called out "Hay! Over here!"

Surprisingly, being a girl brony was much stranger then men...especially a younger girl. But Thrylos, known all 'round the internet by this name, wasn't surprised by being a girl in groups of boys, but the strange sensation that she was coming to...opening her eyes a crack, the shock was too much. Bright, shocking colors filled her, but quickly she recognized the shapes and forms.

"No way!"

Looking at herself, the pony saw that she was a teal pegasus with Rainbow Dash style hair that was a pale turquoise with a dark turquoise highlight.

Hearing another voice was a relief to him. He perked up his ears and followed the voice and found an earth pony and unicorn. He waved a hoof and smiled nervously, he was unsure if he should ask if they were bronies or act like they were natural residents of Equestria. He stood there silently for a moment as he gathered his courage to ask, "My name is Silver Swirl and are you two bronies?".

"My name is Silver Swirl and are you two bronies?" The navy blue pony asked. I turned to Hoss, with a blank face.

"Not how I would ask it but-" I turned back to the pony.

"Yeah. This here is Boss_Hoss1 and I'm Codex Writer, but my friends call me Matt." Codex raised his hoof to shake his. After a brief intro, the trio stood there.

"So, what's the plan? Are we heading for Ponyville or do we find anypony else from the meet-up?" I turned to Hoss, hoping he had something in mind.

(OOC: edited dsc of what he sees looking at the filly)

Boss_Hoss1 chuckled at Silver Swirl just coming out and asking if they were Broneys.

"I guess that works too... Hello Silver Swirl!"

Before he could reply to the question about a plan, he heard a pony gasp out "No way!" -right behind them!

He jumped up and spun around in mid air, landing a little clumsily as he focused on a smaller pony, a teal pegasus filly with turquise mane and tail.

The unicorn looked around from one side to the next, then back at the filly. "Strange... I could have sworn there was nopony there a moment ago..."

He looked at Codex Winter over the question "Um, hold that thought for a moment, please..."

Then turned back to the filly in what he hoped was a reassuring manner "Hello! I am Boss_Hoss1 -or Hoss as you heard. As excited as you sound, were you at the Brony meet too?"

Tyler008bon woke up with another migraine from another party. His hooves were hard to mo-- wait, hooves? It had to be a dream, after all, spending never ending time with other bronies with nothing to do but party would be a major cause of dreams. The smells and sights of Equstria were there, though. He was extremely pleased that his allergies had vanished! He checked for a horn or wings and found none, but being in Equestria was more than enough to make up for it.

He saw a group of other ponies and approached.

Thrylos looked at the other ponies.

"Hello! I am Boss_Hoss1 -or Hoss as you heard. As excited as you sound, were you at the Brony meet too?"

The pegasus filly looked at the pony in surprise, something about him was slightly familiar...turning away the thought, she stood up slowly, wobbling a little before getting used to it.

"I'm Thrylos, but you can just call me Rainy Bolt, or just Rainy...it sorta fits more, don't you think?"

He jumped up and spun around in mid air, landing a little clumsily as he focused on a smaller pony, a white pegasus filly.

((OOC: Sorry, I forgot to give an explanation of appearance! But I edited my post:

Looking at herself, the pony saw that she was a teal pegasus with Rainbow Dash style hair that was a pale turquoise with a dark turquoise highlight.

(OOC: a little teaser while I wait...)

The glow from a crystal ball fills the chamber as a cloaked figure looms over it.

A name badge from the Brony meet with the name deliberately smudged lies on the table nearby as a claw rubs the crystal, showing the ponies meeting each other.

"Yes, my plans are taking shape at last...."

(Dun-Dun-Dunnnnn...)

(OOC: ok its been several days. I thought having a pony suddenly appear in their midst would need an immediate round of "wait, What?!" all right, Id better continue answering the question then...)

Boss_Hoss1 nodded "Glad to meet you Rainy. We were about to figure out where to go from here." He turned back toward Codex "Sorry about that, Matt. from the angle Canterlot appears from here, I would say we are midway between Ponyville and Canterlot. This trail points to Canterlot one way so the other way is probably pointing to Ponyville."

He rubbed a hoof on his chin. "Do you suppose the entire Brony meet ended up scattered around here? Should we look for them right away or go get help first?."

As Tyler grew closer he began to notice that, due to their conversation, they all seemed to be bronies. He decided to respond to Boss_Hoss1's last comment.

"Maybe it is only us, maybe we were chosen to come here for some reason." He stopped when they were all staring at his and blushed the way he always did when he was nervous. "I'm Tyler008bon, by the way. You can guess my name if you want."

The dream was still being very vivid, and Tyler noticed that he was red, and his mane seemed black.

Silver was still dumbfounded by his surroundings, staring at every tree and bush. He looked back to the others and said, "Well it is a pleasure to meet you all and I wasn't at the meetup that you were referring to Hoss. Your name sounds awfully familiar...", he trailed off, hoof pressed against his snout in thought. Recalling his massive amount of time spent on the Internet, it dawned on him why he remembered where he had heard that name before. "Are you the same Boss Hoss1 on the Canterlot forums? I spend all my free time there.", he asked before turning towards the new arrivals and saying with a smile, "I am Silver Swirl. I don't know why I am here but it sure beats being in my room all by myself...".

Thrylos thought about it for a second, then her eyes lit. "You guys! I know all of those names from the forums too, SilverSwirl!" The teal pegasus filly twirled about and flew a little into the air before her wings shuttered, and her nerves got the better as she set her hooves back on the ground, teeth rattling a bit. "Umm...best I not fly until I know how to..." Thrylos looked about the group, and instantly knew the names now.

(OOC: sorry for the delay, been dealing with my ankle and the pain meds knocking me out at random all day.)

Boss_Hoss1 turned his head in surprise as a red pony with a black mane stepped out of the woods "Wow, we're just scattered all over this woodlot arent we? Hello Tyler008bon, or Tyler. Welcome to the growing herd!"

He suddenly Went comically wide eyed and looked at Silverswirl when he asked his question. "Yes, yes I am that same Brony. You were NOT at the meet?! But I do remember you from RPs there! Hm that does put a new tail twist on things..."

Thrylos, or Rainy, gave a welcome laugh with her effort to fly and admission she would need lessons. "Yeah, I think we're both in a similar boat there Rainy. I dont want to try this horn out without an experienced unicorn around to help."

The bay unicorn looked to Codex and nodded to show he saw the bush moving and start making his way closer. "Yeah Tyler had a good point there. I hope there's a good reason we seem to have been chosen specifically..." He turned and lowered his horn toward the bush "Who's there?"

A small bear cub thrashed in the bushes, just out of sight of the ponies, stuck in thorns. It held back howls of pain, because the bear had learned that such a small cub could easily be plucked up by wild animals. But trying to escape, the thorns dug deeper into the poor things skin. A low growl came from its mouth, the only way to let out the when without screaming it to the skies. One fateful day, a small flash flood had swept the cub away, and he had survived, but would die soon without learning how to hunt.

(OOC: hmmm where is everypony?)

Boss_Hoss1 moved closer to the rustling bushes, seeing glimpses of fur and hearing a growl "I wish i knew how to work this horn just yet. Whatever it is, it sounds scary..."

He picked up a branch in his teeth and pushed some of the branches aside carefully.

His voice was muffled partly by the branch as he spoke, his blue eyes going wide "I...ih thah.. a beah cub?!"

The bay unicorn backed up a step looking around in sudden worry, spitting out the stick "I really, really hope the mother bear isnt nearby..."