a Chance Encounter in the Everfree Forest

Draco was moving through the Everfree Forest seeing that no one was around spread his wings a pair of scaly Dragon-esque wings the same color as the rest of his fur coat, and took off into the air he did not get many chances to fly during the day as he did not like to reveal his wings in public he flew through the forest feeling the wind in his hair until he heard some twigs snap in he distance. almost immediately he flew behind the nearest tree and covered his wings hoping whoever was out there did not spot him.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sun Catcher trotted besides the other pony, "What exactly does this mossy gunk do anyways?", the red coated pegasus frowned as she looked up into the vast forest. Normally she would have flown, but it would have been next to impossible to find Insanity's herb from above. They needed to be on the ground, or that at least seemed to be the problem at the moment, "Why didn't you just ask that weird hermit that lives near the entrance? I heard she has all kinds of.", the pony nearly jumped out of her skin when the other let out a yelp, "Gahhh.", she whispered, "Don't shout. You're going to alert all the nasties to our presence.", she nervously glanced around the woods to see if anything horrible had noticed them by now. "Can't believe you talked me into this."

OOC: I thought I'd jump in. If there's any reasons your character would want to have entered Everfree alone, just say so, and I'll change my post. It would be CRAZY to enter this place alone. Far too many nasty things about!

Herbal Cure was on the outskirts of the evergreen forest trying with all his ability to block out any of the noises he kept hearing, thinking his mind kept playing tricks on him with shadows that were not there and noises that lead to dead ends. Than the sound of two mares talking nearly gave the frightened doctor a heart attack, jumping up from his position of searching the ground and yelled frightfully hiding behind the nearest bush trembling.

"I've been keeping an eye out for any trouble that might try to sneak up on us.", the pegasus muttered, "But If I see any neca...necr..negramigrane.", she stumbled over the words, "Green moss, I'll make sure you know. I still think we should have brought a few more ponies along considering how spooky this place is.", she let out yet another yelp after hearing Herbal Cure's cry. "Wait there Dash, I'll go check this out. Make sure it's not some sort of horrible monster thing..."

The over confident pony cantered over to stallion's hiding spot, "Hey! You! Behind the bushes! You better not be a monster! Come out and get ready to be smashed if you are!"

Herbal Cure shakily rose to his hooves looking at the Pegasus in front of him "Please don't hurt me! I'm just a doctor from a clinic looking for medicinal herbs for future patients!" Herbal Cure yelled at the Pegasus clearly trembling in front of her hopping she would spare him and not hurt the terrified doctor who peaked out from his closed eyelids spotting the mare who was threatening him "My names Herbal Cure by the way...." the doctor said shakily.

"A doctor?", the pegasus studied the stallion for a moment before turning her head back to the other mare, "Hey Dash, he's not a monster!", she quickly glanced back at Herbal, "Unless you're one of those mad doctors? Are you?", a smile formed on her face as she finished her question, "Ofcourse you're not, I'm Sun Catcher of Cloudsdale. I was dragged to Boringville by my parents. They're probably somewhere discussing whatever the heck they discuss and I thought I'd do something interesting. Since 'interesting' is not something that exsists in Ponyville, I thought I'd help Miss Dash here find her gunky green Necky-ragrane. You see any?"

The red coated pegasus wore a short and curly yellow mane and dark freckles dotted her face. Her 'cutie mark' was of small sun resting in a butterfly net. She was not yet an adult, but appeared to be getting close to marehood.

Herbal Cure decided he needed to settle down taking a few calming breathes and looking at the other mare joining this one called Sun Catcher, "Necragrane? a simple herb used for blue-pox medication...?" Herbal Cure aimlessly said naming the ingredient and name. "If that's what you are looking I could may haps help you search for it since I am just collecting your run of the mill ordinary medicinal herbs" Herbal Cure eyed up the other mare "I would make the assumption you are some sort of medicinal doctor as well? If I'm wrong I am terribly sorry Ms...?" Herbal Cure didn't know her name so mumbled after saying ms.

"Your first name is Insanity?", Sun glanced back at her traveling companion with a smirk, "You're not related to that crazy pink pony in Ponyville, are you? When we got there this morning, this crazy pink earth pony crashed into me and nearly knocked me out of my horse shoes. I promptly curled into a ball and started to cry for an adult, until she pointed out that she was the member, the only member of the 'Ponyville Welcome Wagon Committee'. She pulled out a few cupcakes from her 'welcome wagon', sang a little song, deposited the cupcakes on one of my hooves and bounded away. It was bizarre to say the least. And speaking of insanity."

She returned her gaze back to the 'doctor', "Why in all of Equestria would you wander the Everfree by yourself? I read a great big book about this place before our trip yesterday and this forest is complete Oatmeal! Horrible monsters of all sizes and shapes! Wolves made of wood, zombie ponies! Clouds that move on their own! Cats and dogs living together!", she paused to let herself breath for a moment.

Herbal Cure looked at his hooves sadly "W-W-Well I have no friends....So I do everything alone Sun Catcher...." Herbal Cure looked away and started off in the direction he came from looking for herbs but actually had silent tears rolling down his face, it was true no matter how nice and likeable Herbal Cure was he never made a friend since his clinic always kept him busy all the time he had never had the chance to gain a friend and after Sun Catcher asked the question it reminded Herbal Cure how alone he was in this world.

"Pfawwaaaw!", Sun Catcher 'Pfwaaawed', "No such thing as a pony without a friend!', she waved her hoof back at the doctor, "Cause we're already now instant friends! Even Miss Dash says so, and if she says so, it's in the know-zo...Now you can't say you don't have a friend, cause that would be a lie and then the princess would send you to the moon.", she paused to shake her head, "Sorry, I believe I was infected with a bit of that pink pony's craziness."

She took another breath before calmly adding, "I'm not an egghead herbal finder thing, but I'm guessing to find this moss, we're going to need to go where it's damp..And cold?", she glanced back at Insanity, "Probably where there's plenty of shade."

Herbal Cure mindlessly replayed the sentence in his medical book back at the clinic "Necragrane is mostly found to the centremost parts of the everfree forest due to the mosses ability to grow on it's own in such an usual habitat...." Herbal Cure blushed and looked back at Insanity and Sun Catcher with tears of joy rolling down his face "R-R-Really two friends...." Herbal Cure hugged Sun Catcher than hugged Insanity "Thank you that means so much to me!" Herbal Cure smiled at the two mares who welcomed him as their friend.

"Oh.", Sun glanced up, "I guess I should be up there, but then you two ponies would be left open to fend for yourselves, so we stay grounded until you two can find your moss, which I can then collect! So I am being very useful today!", she blushed a little the moment Herbal gave her a friendly hug, "I'm sure friends will be just like your seeds and your er, herbs. Since you collected some already, you won't stop collecting them! So let's go. You two watch out for moss, I get to watch out for trouble.", the pegasus started back on her march, "And no falling behind! You read the books! The pony that falls behind gets eaten!"

Herbal Cure followed behind the group picking herbs he needed and fauna while looking for the moss, realizing he was falling behind slightly Herbal sped back up and caught up to the group still searching for the tell tale marks of Necragrane moss that turned trees darking than others and created a almost vein like outline with tendrils than planted them self in the dirt.

(o_0 i'm inactive for one day and my RP has took off without me)

Draco had been fallowing the group he was not sure why but he had followed them the only one that seemed to notice he might have been there was the one that called herself Insanity Dash. as they trotted along he jumped from one tree branch to the next like he had been but he did not notice the tree branch was partially dead. snapped under his weight and he fell his cloak catching on another branch leaving his wings exposed, Instead of Feather Wings he had Dragon-esque wings with scales on them the same color as his fur. he landed in a bush just in front.

"ow..." he muttered then remembered what he had been doing and what they probably they saw "Horse apples..." he said as he tried to make himself smaller in the bush.