a Chance Encounter in the Everfree Forest

Herbal Cure looked heartbroken at the statements said by Draco and Sun Catcher "I am terribly sorry to hear that Draco but it matters what is inside not the outside appearence" Herbal Cure smiled at Draco before turning to Sun Catcher with a tear sliding down his face "I am terribly sorry to hear that Sun Catcher, it breaks my heart since I try to treat my patients well and I didn't mean to bring up any bad memories I am so sorry..." Herbal Cure bowed as deep as he could with his injured right leg before it gave out, yet luck wasn't smiling on him today as his leg gave out and he went head first into the dirt with his glasses flying away from his face "I am truly sorry I didn't mean any harm" Herbal Cure breathed slowly and kept his eyes clenched.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Draco looked to the ground at Dashes remark "there is really no one else too blame the scientists compensated us well for moms death. they did warn mom that there might be complications. and the saddest part is after they showed me to her she smiled at me calling me her pride and joy then quietly left the world." a small tear in his eye "but i have moved on" his face saying betraying that he had not actually. "he then looked to Sun Catchers remark "i have no reservations about where we go but i have no problems with clinics or hospitals and if it all the same i would rather avoid the chance to meet the pink mare that works there."

"I'd rather deal with a crazy pink mare than spend a second in a place like a doctor's office or hospital.", Sun Catcher stated as she helped Herbal Cure up, "No offense doc, I'm sure your place is lovely, but every time I enter a place like that, I get images of my poor mother, wasting away in her hospital bed. I felt helpless then. Just the smell of those rooms makes me sick. Besides.", she dusted off Herbal with her wings, "Maybe a silly pink pony is what the doctor ordered for you and Draco. Yes, she was nearly as terrifying as that party-clown my dad and step-mom hired for my birthday several years ago, but they just wanted me to be happy.", she made sure Herbal's glasses were on right, "I saw that creepy abomination lurking in my living room all covered in paint and balloons and promptly ran into my room and hid under my bed for a few hours. It was horrifying then, but now that I'm older and I can look back on it, It only makes me laugh."

She gave the good doctor a good look over, "And you're fine. Chill-lax. Your leg is fine. You're just nervous. Let's just go to the 'Sugar Cube' and have a cupcake. They're really good!"

Herbal Cure kept his eyes closed when a blush slowly spread across his face and smiled at the gestures from the three other ponies "Thank you all so much!" Herbal Cure bowed again in front of the other three and decided to start slowly walking towards the pink party pony's workplace, "I have more than enough bits to cover everyone for the snacks so it is on me everypony!" Herbal Cure said excitably before picking up the pace.

"Really? That is sweet.", she gave the good 'doctor' a quick peck on the noise and chuckled as he blushed, "But I'll at least pay for the tea, so I'll get the cups and you'll get the cakes.", she flashed a quick look of concern as the pegasus stallion spoke. "Just a fair warning Draco.", the pegasus turned away from Herbal so she could look the odd winged pony in the eyes, "Ponyville is a quaint little town. It's a town grandmothers would want their grandfoals to live in.", Sun Catcher spoke slowly, as she was trying to come up with the least offensive words, "It's quaint..Uh, said that already.", she grimaced, "It might as well be made of gingerbread. The pony folk there are nice, but I've heard they freak out rather easily being simple and all. If we were in Canterlot they'd probably not blink if they saw your, er, unusual wings, and if you were in Las Pegasus, they'd probably make you a star of sorts. They like 'different' ponies out there."

"Dad told me they treated a mare rather poorly for years just because she was a zebra. Thankfully a little foal and the town librarian were able to smack some sense into the town and get them to accept the zebra into their village. ", Sun Catcher continued to march into town with the others, "I'm guessing most are still prejudiced, but prefer not to anger the librarian since she does have rather powerful connections. If they're going to be scared silly by zebras, who are by far some of the prettier creatures I've ever seen, I'm guessing they're probably freak out if they saw Draco's wings. Probably think he had a really bad case of 'Feather Flu' like I did.", she looked over at the stallion with a hint of concern in her eyes, "Not saying they're bad ponies. They probably do get a little nervous with something or somepony comes out of the Everfree that they've never seen before, which I can sort of understand."

"And for the record.", Sun watched as the mare picked a flower, "Why in the world is your name 'Insanity'? I know through some mysterious force of nature, when our parents name us, they're able to pick a name that best fits our personality, which at the time doesn't really exist, or even our actual upcoming talents. My parents named me 'Sun' due to my sunny personality, but also due to my temper, which they say can burn like the sun when I'm annoyed. 'Draco' got his name for obvious reasons, and Herbal for his Bot...er..botty..Botany talents, but you? Insanity? I doubt there's a single ounce of 'Insanity' in that cute little yellow bod of yours. You're gentle, sweet, very polite and so gosh darn adorable, I look like a stinky mule compared to you.", the pegasus let out a chuckle, "I'm hoping that's just a nickname. A rather snarky nickname."

"Well, I hope not.", Sun Catcher returned to her steady canter, "There's enough crazy ponies running around! Actually, if you don't mind, I'll just stick to calling you 'Dash' or 'Miss Dash'. It better suits your personality better. As in a 'Dash of kindness' or 'Dash of sweetness', which this world could use a bit more of.". As the small group left the Everfree, the pegasus shielded her eyes as she tried to get adjusted to the very sunny environment, "Looks like we're back in Ponyville. So, where are we going first?", she turned to the other ponies for advice.

Herbal Cure's face was still red from the little peck on his cheek and followed the other ponies and couldn't help but admire Insanity as Sun Catcher pointed out features in her, his eyes seemed glazed over and an absent giddy smile was on his face, realizing what he was doing he blushed even deeper and trotted ahead of the group towards his clinic and used his magic to unlock the door before dropping his saddle bags off and grabbed his bag of bits off the table "You can all leave some of your bags here for a lighter load to Sugar Cube Corner" Herbal Cure beamed at everyone and sat beside his door.

"If you don't mind, I'll just wait outside while you get yourselves situated.", Sun Catcher kept her pack on, knowing full well she'd probably get distracted later on and forget to bring it back home. She found a seat near the entrance and waited, "Say Draco, you ever been to this...", she finally noticed the odd-winged pegasus was not with her, "Guess it's for the best.", she sighed and amused herself by counting the stones near Herbal's door. As she counted, the mare pondered what her parents were up to at the moment.

Draco was have some doubts but he had decided to trust his new friends he continued to the clinic where he sat next to Sun Catcher and spoke

"Sorry i had something that delayed me where is our companions? he sat in a way That his wing showed to Sun

The pegasus looked up from her stones, "They're just doing a few things in Herbal's clinic.", she pointed to the small building she was sitting by, "I'm just waiting for them and catching a little sun.", she grinned, "So, I'm curious, you said your mother passed away.", her grin quickly vanished, "But what about your father? You don't actually live in the Everfree by yourself, do you?", she looked at Draco with a look of deep concern, "My parents drive me crazy, not to mention my brothers, but I don't know what I'd do without them.", she pushed a free stone away with her right hoof.

Sun pushed another stone on top of her previous stone, "I actually graduated from flight school last year. It was something.", she smiled as she continued to make her stone mountain, "I'm a decent flyer, but I don't believe the 'Wonderbolts' will be knocking down my door anytime soon, and ofcourse to be even considered for that, I would have to join the military and that's not going to happen!", she glanced at the clinic door for a moment, "I'm a decent artist, so when I turn of age next year, my aunt is going to see about having me join the weather department. I could make those cute little snowflakes.", she stoppled playing with her stones and started to get up from the ground, "How about you? You've got different wings, but that's not going to stop you from living, right?"

"Well, what are you good at? We're all usually pretty good at more than a few things, and seeing that you're a bit older than me, you've probably picked up a ton more skills than I could ever have with all your wandering.", Sun stretched her wings out, "You're just going to have to figure out what you're best at, find a nice place to live and work, and get on with things. Ponies might be a little taken back by your strange wings, like I was, but they're going to get used to 'em. It's not like they're ugly or anything, they're actually kind of cool!", she marched over to the door and nervously poked her head inside, "You guys done yet? There's cupcakes to be had! Cupcakes!"