ponies /red dead redemption crossover

Ok so me and a buddy of mine on here had the idea to do a red dead ponies crossover. Basically after John Marston dies he is given a second chance at true redemption by the "Strange man" (he was supposed to represent the grim reaper or some such) by being sent to Equestria. In an alternate turn of events Jack is there too as he seeks revenge on the officers who killed his father immediately upon seeing his demise. they gun him down and he is sent to Equestria with his father. The story begin in Equestria similar to the beginning of the game with John out cold on the side of a road outside appleloosa (he's a pony now) where someones OC will have to pick him up and bring him home. Jack will wake up in town by an outhouse. Jack will be rather excited about the new experience after the initial shock of it all while Jack must try to adjust to a world where all the vices of his own are nonexistent and violence is unheard of. There are no guns bombs or whatever, this the Equestria we all know from the show so the Cast characters are welcome to join, along with any OCs of course. John and jack meet each other at the sheriffs office applying to take up the task of locating a missing settlement south of Appleloosa. All characters are welcome to try to accompany John and Jack on a journey more of self discovery and bonding than anything else, but there will be a fair share of action. Dont expect John to be nice to your character.

questions? advice? is this workable? interested?

well I want to limit cast characters to secondary, maybe One or two mane characters at the most, but mainly encourage people to use OCs. Basically if you wanna use a cast member run it by me first. As for weapons, guns are a big no no, but cannons I suppose are fine as long as they arent shooting anything lethal, maybe apple pies since apparently those are enough to take down a bison when thrown. Im sticking by that though, nothing with the possibility to maim, kill, or seriously injure will be a part of this thread, its rather essential to the plot development.