Marvel's The Avengers! (Spoilers! Beware!)

So, what did you think?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. So, what did you think of the movie/

• AWESOME!
    • Good, but not awesome.
    • Meh.
    • HORRID!

Finally got around to seeing this film today. ;)

Really it was quite excellent. I'm pretty completely on the DC side over Marvel when it comes to comics and superheroes; I'm not hugely familiar with a lot of these characters and haven't even seen all the movies that tied into this one, yet despite all that, this was just a thoroughly enjoyable little movie.

Downey's Iron Man was as perfect as I'd come to expect, but he didn't steal the show as much as I was expecting for me due to the wonderful character dynamics they had going, which quickly got me more invested in the characters I was less familiar with. Oh, and the comedic timing for this film was just superb.

It was just really fun. I'd totally recommend it to any who still hasn't seen it. :)

PUNY GOD.

Hulk really seemed to steal the show when it came to the action part, and I'm rather liking the newest Bruce Banner. Seriously, the last Hulk movie was watching Bruce Banner be sad for most of it, and about five minutes of blurry green smash-man gets mad at stuff. Much better incarnation here.

And, yeah, I guess spidey was supposed to be in here too, but you know what? the character dynamic pairs off nicely as it is. Parker just wouldn't fit in all that well at all!

You know, personally I'm a touch disappointed that the credits didn't feature Ultron.

I mean, he really is an awesome villain, perhaps even more threatening then Loki ever was. Kinda fanboying over this, but still, he would be the most epic thing ever for the second Avenger's movie.

You know, personally I'm a touch disappointed that the credits didn't feature Ultron.

Ultron is a baddie you need to work up to. You need Hank Pym to create him first. They did a good job at this with the current Avengers toon. But with Ultron, a handy single hero can take him down. Thanos needs a team to bring down, and I'm sure he'll be bringing some extra baddies to combat the Avengers as well. Thanos is a fun bad guy. He's smart, very strong and at least has a sense of humor. And unlike your Doctor Dooms or Red Skulls, Thanos is a proud owner of a private pilots' license and a cute little helicopter with his name on it! Bet Loki can't say that! :blah:

34q7mug.jpg

• Like 1