Just Another Day at Sugarcube Corner ... [Open]

Out of Character: Want to play in an RP where you get to be one of the Mane 6 or your favorite background character? Here's your chance! Send me a private message and I will add you to the list below. Also, feel free to play as your original character or a pony not listed here if you want. Please note that if you do sign up for a major character, you are committing to see the RP through until its completion.

RP begins below the picture.

Mane 6 (and Spike)

Twilight Sparkle: NeilWacaster

Rainbow Dash: SirSilver

Fluttershy:

Pinkie Pie: Junebug

Rarity: theodrixx

Applejack:

Spike: tacobob

Background Mane 6

Derpy Hooves: hyperbrony88

Doctor Whooves:

Lyra: princebluemoon1

Bon Bon: princebluemoon1

Octavia: Opal

Vinyl Scratch:

Other Characters

Screw Loose: PonyHooves

Timid Star: SilverSwirl

Sugarcubecorner.png

Twilight Sparkle trotted briskly to Sugarcube Corner, lost in thought. Pinkie Pie had invited her and a few dozen of her other friends over for a big celebration of Gummy's second birthday. Twilight was certain that the alligator's last party had only been about a month ago, but nopony questioned Pinkie Pie's logic.

She came to the small icing-covered shop and walked inside. Pinkie had gone all out, with lavish party decorations, an extravagant cake, and upbeat music playing on a record player in the corner. As always, Twilight had arrived early, so nopony else was there yet.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fantastically decorated hat poked through the door. Laden with feathers, sequins, and ribbons, it would almost be garish if not for the fine craftwork of the pony wearing it.

As impeccably groomed as ever, Rarity swished into Sugarcube Corner.

"Am I late?" she inquired. "Twilight! Lovely to see you. Has anypony else arrived?"

"No, not yet," Twilight smiled. Pinkie Pie was already there, of course, but she was busy in the kitchen. They could hear her singing her cupcake song very loudly.

"You look lovely, as always, Rarity. But I need your advice on something. I have a ... friend, who likes somepony. What should I tell her about asking him out?"

Rarity's smile betrayed her amusement toward her friend's difficulty with this seemingly simple social conundrum.

"Twilight, dear, there's no point in hiding one's feelings," Rarity advised. "Things get complicated. Tell her to let him know how she feels!"

She fiddled with her hat. It was obvious that she wanted Twilight to notice it. She had spent all of last night on it after all, and with a huge order to fill by the week-end.

Although slightly miffed at Twilight's indifference toward her latest creation, Rarity realized that Twilight felt a... very personal distress at the situation.

"Sometimes what the colts want is a little forwardness, Twilight," said Rarity. "Perhaps you should tell this friend of yours -" she winked "- to try her luck. After all, she might be surprised at the results. Is that punch?"

Rarity strode over to the bowl and poured herself a cup, allowing herself a secret smile. She hoped her casual reaction would inspire some confidence in her friend.

Twilight blushed, her cover blown. She was much more comfortable with books than with ponies, but her lessons in friendship had helped her gain more confidence.

The unicorn trotted over to get some punch as well. "Thank you, Rarity. I'll try." She smiled. "So, I heard that you have another big order from Sapphire Shores. How is that coming along?"

"Oh, you cannot imagine how much work it's been!" Rarity exclaimed. "Of course, I'm always happy to have business - especially with someone so famous - but she really has been quite demanding. It's always 'tighter here, looser there, more frills, less frills'..." She trailed off.

"I mean, make no mistake, she adores my work," Rarity said. "But she does so want everything done exactly the way she likes it. As I say, it's a lot of work. I almost didn't have time to make this!"

She pointed at her hat and beamed at Twilight with anticipation. "Do you like it?"

Twilight looked at the large, frilly hat. It was so impractical, she wouldn't be caught dead in something so obscenely ornamented. However, she couldn't say that to her friend, so she tried to think of something nice to say. "Um," she hesitated. "The colors are quite nice. And on you, everything looks stunning."

"Has anypony seen Twilight?", Spike stumbled into Sugarcube Corner carrying a rather long rolled up scroll, "Twilight?", he called out, "You said once I finished my chores I could pop over here for a cupcake and I'm done.", he waved the rather long scroll into the air, "Also checked everything off on my checklist! Er.", he finally got a good look at all the decorations, "Is Pinkie having another one of her parties? I haven't been to one of her shindigs since her 'Day After Tuesday' party last week. Is this somepony's birthday? Can't be mine, or yours and it's definitely not Rarity's! She's not..."

He stopped dead in his tracks the moment he noticed the cake, "Oooooh. Frosting!", he muttered out like a hungry zombie and started to waddle his way over to the table it was resting on. It was obvious to all what he was planning on doing.

esoimt.jpg

Unless somepony can stop him! Duh Duh Duh Daaaah!

OOC: Sorry! Forgot about the private message thing! :wail: Does this take place after "A Canterlot Wedding", of if it's before, when? Thanks.

It was a roundabout compliment, but Rarity took it gratefully. After all, Twilight Sparkle didn't have the best eye for style; she was trying to be nice.

"Why, thank you! I made it specially for the party," Rarity confided. "I have had a lot of work to do, like I said, but when inspiration strikes, one almost has no choice, don't you think?"

Whatever answer Twilight might have been about to give was interrupted when Spike burst through the door. Presently, he seemed to be entranced by Gummy's birthday cake. The party hadn't started; Rarity couldn't let Spike demolish the cake quite yet.

"Oh, Spike~" Rarity called out. "How is my favorite dragon doing on this fine day?"

"Huh?", Spike's little dragon mind nearly shut itself down as two very glorious and wonderful images filled his head. First there was the giant cake with all its creamy and yummy frosting and whatever was resting beyond the frosting itself! Maybe more frosting!, then it was the wonderful and very perfect Rairity! The prettiest pony in all of Equestria! He could get lost in those eyes forever!", while he was lost in thought, his body continued to move, and before he knew it, the small dragon found himself face first into the punch bowl. "Well, at least it's Pinkie's 'Spring Has Sprung' punch.", he muttered, causing bubbles to sprout from the punch. Spike started to remove his head from the punch bowl when he noticed two very strange eyes peering at him from inside the bowl.

"WU-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!", with Pinkie Pie-like speed, he leaped out of the bowl and onto..

OOC; Next poster can choose where he lands..

Twilight gasped as Spike flew though the air. "Oh no you don't!" she cried, catching him with magic just inches above the cake. "Will you ever learn to be more cautious?" she said, laughing gleefully as she set Spike back on the ground. "Also, are you sure that you completed everything on that checklist already? Including double-checking to make sure that you checked the checklist?"

"Sorry Twilight.", the little dragon gave her the saddest puppy-dog eyes he could muster. As the unicorn lowered him to the floor, he mentally went over his checklist once again, "Oh, and Cheerilee stopped over and told me she won't be able to do that thing you and her were supposed to be doing. She said she had forgotten her upcoming plans she had with with Big Mac. They sure have been spending alot of time together.", knowing both Rairity and Twilight Sparkle were not too keen on his 'tongue baths', the little dragon quickly snatched up one of the napkins from the cake table, "So whose party is this anyways?", he asked while cleaning the punch from his face.

"It's for Gummy's second birthday, of course!" Rarity answered. "Didn't Pinkie Pie invite you?"

Rarity gave Twilight a concerned look. She knew that Pinkie, while generally well-intentioned, was prone to faux pas, and the six of them did so often fail to include poor Spike in things.

"I think when she gives Twilight her invitation, I'm usually included. I think.", he nervously rubbed the sides of his arms as he quickly glanced over at Twilight for confirmation but turned back to the white unicorn, "I missed Gummy's last birthday birthday after I fell asleep in the tub after helping you clean up the Carousel Boutique and I usually don't attend these later parties since I usually get sort of tired after dinnertime. Still.", he lowered his voice, "If this is that gator's real birthday, doesn't that mean it's Pinkie's birthday tomorrow?"

Twilight looked quizzical. "Since we just had Gummy's first birthday party last month, I don't think so. But with Pinkie, you never know. I'm convinced she has some time of time travel magic."

OOC: princebluemoon1, yes! I just added you to the roster. Also, tacobob, about where this happens in the storyline, it's a month after Gummy's first party, and so I believe that puts us before the wedding.

"Nah, Pinkie is just being Pinkie Pie.", he finished drying himself off, and let out a rather toothy smile as his scales sparkled in the light. They even made a 'ding' sound. "Wonder where the rest of our friends are at. I don't see Rainbow, AJ or Fluttershy either. Actually.", he throw a glance towards the kitchen, "Don't even see Pinkie Pie, That's weird! Guess we got here early. So anything you need me to do?", he grinned as he rocked back and forth on his heels, "I could test some of the cupcakes or help out and get some fresh punch.", he tapped a clawed finger on his chin as he thought of more ways he could help.

j13mn6.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............

OOC: So it's after Party Of One but before "Best Night Ever"?

Lyra and Bon Bon entered. lyra had an expression of unamusemnet and boredom. she was thinking that there were other things that she can be doing right now, but instead, she had to come along with Bon Bon. " what are we doing here again BB" she said

" i told you that we're here to pick up something. " Bon Bon said " and besides you need to get out of the house "

" what are you talking about you crazy mare, imm in the house all day " Lyra said

" I saw you sit on that couch for ten straight hours stuffing your faces with my cream puff that i bought and never had a single one, thanks to you " Bon Bon said " and thats why we're here "

" i left you one " Lyra said with an expressiong on her face stating, ' what are you talking about '

" nooooo, you left me half a one, with you teeth marks in it. " Bon Bon. Lyra had a nervous grin on her face stating ' Oopps. '

Twilight rolled her eyes at Spike. "I think that you'll be doing quite enough cupcake 'tasting' once the party begins. If you get started now, there won't be any left for the rest of us."

Pinkie Pie popped her head out of the kitchen. She was completely covered in flour, making her look rather like an animated statue of the pink mare. "Oh hey there, Spike! I need some help baking this last batch of cupcakes extra fast! Do you think you could heat things up in here?"

Just then, Lyra and Bon Bon entered. Twilight listened to their conversation in amusement. Lyra did look a bit pudgier than usual, probably due to all the cream puffs.

"Hey there, girls," Twilight said, trotting over to them. "Pinkie Pie is a bit busy cooking at the moment, but I'm sure she'll be with you soon. You really should stay for the party, or at least have some punch while you wait."

OOC: Tacobob, yes, that makes sense.

OOC: I am taking Pinkie Pie for the moment because we need to move the party along, but she is still open for another RPer to take if one of you is interested.

Screw Loose entered Sugarcube Corner. She was beaming a bright smile. It seemed as though the mare was in one of her good moods. She had her reasons. Screw Loose had just perfected a new performance Joke. To celebrate, the blue eath pony was going to get her self a tasty treat. "Hey everypony!" She greeted all of the other ponies with a joyful smile. She had a spring in her step today.

After spending the better part of the morning and afternoon doing his chores, Spike was not too pleased to be put back on 'duty' again. He rolled his eyes, "Yeah yeah, I'm coming Pinkie.", he grumbled as entered the kitchen.

OOC; Guess I'll play Applejack until someone takes her over.

"Hey ya'all!", the orange earth pony slowly pushed a small cart into view, "Thought ah'd bring along a heap 'o' vittles to this here hootenanny! Finished apple-bucking early this morning so I thought ah could rangle up some fixin's so Pinkie wouldn't have to spend so much time in the kitchen. Made some Apple Crisp, Apple Brownies, Apple Crunch, Apple Oat Crisp, Apple Cupcakes, and an Mandarin Orange Cake. Oh wait.", she glanced at the last treat suspiciously, "Now how in the world did that get in there?", she blinked, "Oh yeah! Made that last night from a recipe I learned during my stay in Manehatten. It's a favorite of those fancy-smancy, hoity toity ponies that live there. Hope you like 'em!", she pushed her cart over to where the other snacks where at.

She made her way over to Twilight Sparkle, "Rainbow Dash might be a little late as ah saw her pushing a whole mess of clouds near the farm, and Fluttershy has been looking after Winona during the last few days. Poor girl stumbled into barberry bush the other day and was sadder than a cowpony with a broken fiddle! Flutter said she should be well enough to come home today. Hope you're feeling fine, Twi.", she smiled at the unicorn.

Twilight rolled her eyes at Spike. "I think that you'll be doing quite enough cupcake 'tasting' once the party begins. If you get started now, there won't be any left for the rest of us."

Pinkie Pie popped her head out of the kitchen. She was completely covered in flour, making her look rather like an animated statue of the pink mare. "Oh hey there, Spike! I need some help baking this last batch of cupcakes extra fast! Do you think you could heat things up in here?"

Just then, Lyra and Bon Bon entered. Twilight listened to their conversation in amusement. Lyra did look a bit pudgier than usual, probably due to all the cream puffs.

"Hey there, girls," Twilight said, trotting over to them. "Pinkie Pie is a bit busy cooking at the moment, but I'm sure she'll be with you soon. You really should stay for the party, or at least have some punch while you wait."

OOC: Tacobob, yes, that makes sense.

OOC: I am taking Pinkie Pie for the moment because we need to move the party along, but she is still open for another RPer to take if one of you is interested.

" Thank you i think we well " Bon Bon said " what do you say Lyra " she asked her friends " lyra?" she asked again. she found her sitting on a couch sleep in her weird sleeping position. Bon Bon faced hooved herself.

After spending the better part of the morning and afternoon doing his chores, Spike was not too pleased to be put back on 'duty' again. He rolled his eyes, "Yeah yeah, I'm coming Pinkie.", he grumbled as entered the kitchen.

OOC; Guess I'll play Applejack until someone takes her over.

"Hey ya'all!", the orange earth pony slowly pushed a small cart into view, "Thought ah'd bring along a heap 'o' vittles to this here hootenanny! Finished apple-bucking early this morning so I thought ah could rangle up some fixin's so Pinkie wouldn't have to spend so much time in the kitchen. Made some Apple Crisp, Apple Brownies, Apple Crunch, Apple Oat Crisp, Apple Cupcakes, and an Mandarin Orange Cake. Oh wait.", she glanced at the last treat suspiciously, "Now how in the world did that get in there?", she blinked, "Oh yeah! Made that last night from a recipe I learned during my stay in Manehatten. It's a favorite of those fancy-smancy, hoity toity ponies that live there. Hope you like 'em!", she pushed her cart over to where the other snacks where at.

She made her way over to Twilight Sparkle, "Rainbow Dash might be a little late as ah saw her pushing a whole mess of clouds near the farm, and Fluttershy has been o looking after Winona during the last few days. Poor girl stumbled into barberry bush the other day and was sadder than a cowpony with a broken fiddle! Flutter said she should be well enough to come home today. Hope you're feeling fine, Twi.", she smiled at the unicorn.

Lyra opened her eyes to the smell of the snacks she looked around until she saw the cart. she trotted over " hey can i have one "