Just Another Day at Sugarcube Corner ... [Open]

"Hey now!", Applejack easily avoided the other pastry, "Ah spent hours putting this food together, and y'all an't going to waste it by tossing it around like a bunch of crazy foals!". She cringed a little with another pastry nearly hit one of the bakery's customers, "Rainbow! You nearly hit that mare! If the Cakes come back and see you doing that, they'll be angrier than an albino hitchhiker in a snow storm!", she tried to smile at Octavia, "Sorry 'bout that mam."

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"No harm done," Octavia said, brushing off her case. Setting the case against the wall, she undid the latches and revealed the cello underneath. After checking to make sure no pastry got into the case, she looked up at Applejack. "Does stuff like this always happen around here? Nothing this... exciting, I should say, ever happens around most crowds." While she said it with a smile, it was obvious that she was a bit taken aback by the series of events. And I have to play for these people? she thought to herself.

"If my big brother was here, he'd have the perfect answer to your question, which is 'eeyup!'", Applejack added while nodding her head, "But this is a Pinkie Pie party, so if you're looking for sanity or sense, you've come to the wrong bakery. And if you're a customer, Pinkie isn't taking any orders for the rest of the day, but you're free to help yourself to the vittles we have over yonder.", she pointed a hoof over to the serving trays, "Just some of the treats I'll be selling over at the 'Grand Galloping Gala' this year. Can't wait!"

(OOC: This takes place before "Best Night Ever)

Lyra wiped off the pastry from her face. she looked at bon bon, who was not amused from her action. she smiled like nothing happened at all.

" sometimes, i wish you were just normal " she moaned

"what do you mean " lyra said, trying to understand the mares grief " i am normal, im perfectly normal"

" you draw hands" bon bon said

" so, i have an artistic vision" lyra replied

" you foam fingers and pretend to be some weird pony tale creature"

" there called humans BB" lyra said correcting her mare friend.

" they aren't real" she said sounding fed up" sweet celestia you waste your time with these made up stories of of...."

" again humans" Lyra said finishing Bon Bon's sentence

Bon Bon just stared at Lyra with this unamused look trying to break down her spirit. she shook her head " pathetic, so pathetic" she said " listen, until you get over this little fandom, we can be roommates, but i will refuse to talk to you, and or reply to any question " she said then she trotted away from lyra. leaving her with a sad expression on her face.

((sad_lyra_by_mcawesomebrony-d422m75.png))

OOC; Taking over for Pinkie just for two seconds..

"Hey Hey! I see some mopey-ponies out there! We can't have that!", the pink pony called out, "But I can't get out there. Not just yet! Spike! You're my only hope!", she kept an eye on her stove, "Do that funny dance you did the other day! And sing a song! NOW!"

"Ah come on Pinkie Pie!", the small dragon was not pleased, but he too didn't like the sight of poor Lyra in tears, even if she was a little on the 'odd' side. "I'm adding another 'You Owe me' to my list. I think you're up to a hundred!", Spike quickly excited the kitchen and made his way over to the two fighting ponies. "Er, hi.", he waved at Lyra and Bon Bon before he broke into a cute little dance and song:

"I am happy, you are happy; Let us be happy together.

Whether the weather is rainy or sunny,

I will always be your funny-honey-bunny."

He grimaced a little after the 'bunny' bit, but continued.

'Cause isn't it nice to have the friends that you do?

And isn't it nice that the sky is so blue?

And isn't it nice to say "I love you"?

Chugga chugga choo choo woo-oo!"

He continued to do his merry little dance, in hopes the two ponies would forgot their argument and get back into the party!

35kle82.jpg

"Chugga chugga choo choo woo-oo!"

(Song by Kate Micucci)

Rainbow Dash stared at Spike for a moment, "That was.. great Spike... really!" She said insincerely. She turned around to address Lyra. "Hey, Lyra I heard you had a concert coming up, it'd be great to hear your Lyre again!" she said, trying to cheer up the poor pony.

"yeah its going to be really great. someponys don't care about the instrument anymore, but i still do" Lyra said feeling alittle better. " and i wish somepony would take an interest in it to" she said glearing at Bon Bon.

Bon Bon turned her heard to Lyra then she stuck her tongue out and made fart sounds. she trotted to Spike " that was an very.......cute song Spike" she said rubbing the dragons head

"From one musician to another, don't let what others say get you down." Octavia said to Lyra. "Eventually you'll learn that what people think about you doesn't matter. Just keep doing what you love, and everything will be quite alright." She was relatively suprised to be saying this to the pony, but the words were sincere, as were the actions. Maybe some of them have feelings after all, she thought to herself.

"From one musician to another, don't let what others say get you down." Octavia said to Lyra. "Eventually you'll learn that what people think about you doesn't matter. Just keep doing what you love, and everything will be quite alright." She was relatively suprised to be saying this to the pony, but the words were sincere, as were the actions. Maybe some of them have feelings after all, she thought to herself.

Lyra looked at Octavia with a smile " you know. youre right, who cares what others think." she said sounding enthusiastic " I'm gonna do it" she hugged Octavia " thanks tavia, you know, everyone may think your a snotty, stuck up, mare, but your pretty nice " she said with a big smile

"Wow.", Spike was surprised that out of all the ponies hanging around Sugar Cube Corner, it was Rainbow Dash who complemented him first, "Thanks.", he smiled at the pegasus, and then he nodded back at Applejack and Twilight, "Guess it's back to the kitchen.", he scurried off.

"Say, I don't believe we've met.", the cow-pony made her way over to Octavia, "The name's Applejack.", she tipped her hat, "It's nice to see new ponies pop in from time to time."

After breaking from Lyra's hug with a smile, Octavia turned towards the orange pony. "Charmed," she said. "I'm Octavia. And I've heard you're a bit of a show-pony yourself? It's always nice to meet another mare who knows how to attract a crowd without the use of 50 ft. cords and other electrical equipment. Dear Celestia, I don't even know where Vinyl is able to store all of that with the amount of space we have available."

Bon Bon looked out the window. she looked as everyone passed the store. she also was thinking about Lyra, eventhough she was still kind of upset with her, she felt some remorse from what she said to her.

Twilight had looked on with skepticism as Rainbow Dash nearly started a food fight. It took her a while to see that Octavia had come in, as a few ponies were in her way.

She pushed through the growing crowd to go greet her friend. "Octavia! So glad you could make it. I always love hearing you play."

((OOC: Sorry to have been gone for a while, guys. Final exams and moving is now over, and I can get back to what really is important: RPing.))

"thank you. I'm probably going to start playing shortly," she said. "And Lyra," she smiled, "if you run home and grab your instrument you could join as well. Maybe perform a duet or two?"

"drums? I'm not a percussionist, but if I could get my hands on a timpani, I might be able to do something... I assume you're talking about 'electric' guitars, though, and I don't believe in cables or wires or anything like that." she sighed, not wanting to think about the direction society was heading.

"thank you. I'm probably going to start playing shortly," she said. "And Lyra," she smiled, "if you run home and grab your instrument you could join as well. Maybe perform a duet or two?"

" a duet, that sounds great " Lyra said alittle cheerful " hold that thought " she said as she went out the door as quick as a flash. she returned in mere 10 minutes with a lyre and a acoustic guitar " okay im back "

"well there's your guitar, dash. Hope you're happy." Octavia said with a mocking smile. Turning to get her own instrument out of her case, she motioned to Lyra. "Any songs you like? I'll let you pick." taking out her bow, she located the nearest stool and sat down, setting the instrument between her legs.

"I've... never heard this one." Octavia said. "It has a... certain quality to it, yet sounds like rock. I always thought that this kind of thing had to be just... noise." Soon enough, Octavia was drawing her bow across the strings, in perfect counter-melody to the tune. The song filled the room, leaving a lasting impression even after the final note was played.

((OOC: Very nice choice, sir.))

"Pardon me," Octavia said to Rainbow Dash, cutting her off mid sentence. Walking over to the door, she pulled it open, stuck her head out, and yelled "You'd think you'd be able to leave us in quiet for at least a few seconds, Vinyl! Go take your dump in the sound waves somewhere else!" blushing, she turned back to the staring crowd. "Sorry," she said.