Just Another Day at Sugarcube Corner ... [Open]

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Octavia couldn't help but overhear Rainbow Dash's comment, and laughed. "Oh, don't be silly. All of the ponies are still here, they've just gone unexplainably mute." She looked around at some of the other ponies, who were all relatively silent.

"Yeah it's definitely been.. interesting.. Ponies teleporting into cakes, some supposedly dissapearing into the nether seeing as we haven't heard from them in pages... err I mean minutes." Rainbow said

Lyra nodded in agreement then sipped her drink through a straw.

Octavia couldn't help but overhear Rainbow Dash's comment, and laughed. "Oh, don't be silly. All of the ponies are still here, they've just gone unexplainably mute." She looked around at some of the other ponies, who were all relatively silent.

Bon Bon looked at Octavia " its starting to creep me out" she said

Timid returned to the party as several ponies burst in through the door, playing their instruments. One of them had an unusual gait, his blonde mane in an Afro style and carried an upright bass. "I'm back! I brought my friend Lucky and his band, the DCMPC! They are quite famous in the Gallopacus Islands!", Timid said over the music with a very warm and friendly smile.

(when they enter the room)

Timid began to dance around the room, laughing and having a great time. "I love these ponies, Dash! I am glad you like their music too!", he replied as he twirled past her.

Then Lucky tapped the mic and said, "We are the DCMPC and Timid asked us to come play here. He's a good friend of mine, we've been through a lot together. I hope you enjoy our performance!" Looking at Octavia, he said, "You can join us if you'd like, we could use a cellist as an accompaniment to some of our music." Smiling, he called out a beat check before they entered the next song in their set.

Now, Octavia had never heard so many different styles of music in her life. Listening to the song, she slowly began to pick out the distinct differences of this style of music. Many songs seemed to be syncopated, and had a cheerful, upbeat key to them. Once she felt she had the feel, she picked up her cello, and, after a bit of thought, left the bow in the case. Normally, she wouldn't use this 'unorthodox' method of playing, but it seemed to fit the music in a way. Her fingers plucked the strings in a way that sounded almost pleasing to the ear. Well. Two new styles of music in one day, she thought to herself. I guess I really could learn something new every day.

Timid, at the end of the song, applauded and said, "That was very moving...", he trailed off as he managed a smile to Octavia and Lucky. He felt a small bit of sadness but also reminded him of home and his family, which left him smiling with tears in his eyes.

Lucky looked over at Octavia and gave a warm smile as he whispered, "That was excellent playing, I have never seen a cellist play like that before. I thank you for playing with us. Mind if I ask for your name?". Taking a sip from a glass of water, he gave another check and began to play...

lyra moved to the music, then she looked over to where bon bon was. she was no where to be found " Bon Bon? " she asked. she went to rainbow dash " hey rainbow, wheres Bon Bon." then she looked around, " hey wheres vinyl " then dj wasnt at her turntables

Octavia had baan too caught up in the music to notice the missing ponies, looked up at the sound of Lyra's frantic voice. "Wait, wha-?" she asked. "What's the problem?"

" vinyl i gone " Lyra said to octavia

"Huh? Vinyl is gone?", Timid asked as he stopped dancing. Lucky and his band finished their song and said, "We will be taking a short break." They left the building with smiles on their faces.

figures, Octavia thought to herself. Just when she starts acting nice she goes and dissapears on us. "Well then, I assume we might as well look for her. As much as I hate to admit it, it's not much of a party without her silly antics," she said, voicing her thoughts aloud.