Just Another Day at Sugarcube Corner ... [Open]

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timid still felt overwhelmed as he finally dropped his cake onto the floor by accident. "I-I'm sorry, I'll clean it up.", he said softly, with his head hung low towards the floor. He felt so embarrassed that his smile had faded and was replaced with a nervous smile.

"Well, look at the things we have but cant use. They have to be impressions from another dimension, with things that can use them. For instance, we cant very well operate an arcade game. The highest score I've seen is five. It just doesn't work with our hooves, but they exist." Grey Matter can tell he is losing ground here, and must think kf skmething fast to salvage this conversation...

"I'm pretty sure there just aren't many people who feel like wasting their bits on a game with a screen," Octavia replied. She was still a bit confused as to who this strange pony was, and didn't see much point in asking a second time.

"Oh, my apologies. You see, I'm new to Ponyville, just moved from Fillydelphia. The names Grey Matter. Pinkie invited me, so that I could meet people here. Sadly, Fillydelphia is filled with so many people coming and going, you only establish a few friends. Seems my conversational skills have gotten a bit rusty. I see by your cutie mark that you are a fan of classical music."

Can somepony please tell me if dj pon-3 aka vinyl scratch is at this party this music sounds very familiar

"That would be her." Octavia said, pointing her hoof in the Blue maned pony's direction.

She turned back to Grey Matter. "Yeah, I'm just a bit into classical. I'm the cellist in the Canterlot orchestra, and pretty well known in the area. And you're from Fillydelphia? I believe we did a concert there a few months ago. You might've been there."

"Oh yes, me and my friends were there. Up on the balcony. I find the acoustics are best up there, I actually found the exact seat where all the sound mixes perfectly. It gives you a chance to feel the music, really, as it all reaches the exact spot. I felt I had seen you from somewhere. In that case, you are a very talented cellist."

"Oh, thank you." She blushed. As weird as he first seemed, she did know how to take a compliment, and decided he at least deserved her politeness. He also did seem to know at least a little bit about music, and it would be a nice diversion for a little while.

Bon Bon went over to Lyra. she tapped her to get her attention.

" hey lyra, im sorry for my actions. please forgive me" she said

Lyra looked at her friend then she put her hoof around her " of course i forgive you. it doesnt bother me" she said

Bon Bon smiled at her friend " thanks "

"I honestly hated the stuff to begin with," Octavia said, blushing again at his compliments. "My father had practically forced me to play a classical instrument, and the cello was the only string instrument the music shop had left in stock at the moment. I fiddled around with the thing for months, but didn't really learn to enjoy the instrument until I went to a concert in the area. That was when I started liking classical, and when all the other tunes started sounding dull and boring in comparison. And you?"

"Personally, I feel that even without lyrics, classical music gives more meaning. Other music just has the lyrics, too literal. But when it is wholly instrumental, the meaning is in what you feel at that time. A song can mean something different each time you hear it, and it is always just what you need. Sadly, nopony writes classical anymore, and this 'dubstep' won't qualify, because that doesn't even have music to construe to an emotion. I find that, in the absence of good music, I can at least talk to ponies who know what good music is."

"Of course," Octavia smiled. "Anytime you want to talk about it, just ask. I know just a bit about that kind of stuff. Also, you might not want to talk bad about dubstep while Vinyl is around." She laughed, picturing what chaos would have broken loose had Scratch heard Greymatter's opinion of her beloved screeches and wubs.

"Mostly quieter activities, such as reading. Honestly, when I'm not performing on stage I'm either at home practicing or listening to others and trying to imitate their style of playing. It takes up so much of my time..." She replied. "This party would be considered an excursion for me, and even here I'm playing my instrument." She nodded towards her cello, which was put back in her case after the duet with Lyra.