Kacey Canvas [Final] *fixed*

Roleplay Type: Mane

Name: Kacey Canvas

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Coat Color: Top of the head, back with some spots and front hooves from the knees down, green. White everywhere else.

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: The mane is clumps that look similar to a wing design, colored white, pink, and dark pink. Tail is similar but colored in the order white, pink, dark pink, pink, white.

Eye Color: Pink

Cutie Mark: Microphone

Physique: Kacey is a strong, hard working colt, but feels tired most of the time. He has a broad chest and random mane, yet has a tired look in his eye.

Origin: Fillydelphia

Motivation: To put help brighten someone's day

Likes: Young foals, helping others, apples, and pretty much anything else.

Dislikes: Disrespect and going back on a word.

Character Summary: Originally a pony from the city of Fillydelphia, he grew up on his own, only knowing his name, doing odd jobs around to get by. Eventually, still not knowing what his talent was, he got up and left, traveling from town to town, hoping to find where his true home could be. Though he is a wanderer, he still looks for odd jobs whenever he is in town just to help out the towns folk, as well as earn some pay to stay someplace for the time he is in a town. At times, he has some dumb moments, but he does his best to help others in need. Kacey is a fun loving colt who is always friendly with the young ones. Growing up on his own has forced him to mature faster, but he always enjoys letting lose when he plays with the young foals.

At a young age, he did discover he had a tallent for singing. Though it's his position to sing, he is still nervous at times to sing infront of a large crowd. When he works, he is always singing to himself and if he sees somepony not having a good day, he'll try and brighten it up with a song or two. He has been asked to sing for small areas when they need an act. He occasionally has fun immitating voices he hears from town to town, which he uses to sing as on occasion to give a laugh or two.

He wanders not only to find where he belongs, but to meet new ponies and catch up with old friends he has met before. As he travels from town to town, he does enjoy meeting new ponies, but is on occasion shy to even say anything when he first meets them. After small ice breakers, he will talk and sing and have a merry time of himself.

The appearance of his cutie mark is an interesting story. It all started out as a young colt, still working for just a place to stay. He always wondered what his talent could be. He tried everything, he even worked hard cleaning, construction, and many other odd jobs, but never got his mark. One day though, while he was cleaning and helping out at a tavern, they had a open mic night and one of the colts called him up. Kacey didn't talk that much to begin with, only things he needed to say. Nervously, he did get infront of the microphone. Unfortuately, he didn't know any songs, so the band there decided to play a slow beat and said they'd improve to whatever he did. Never singing before, he felt the beat pulsing through his body. Every sound. Every note. He felt one with the music around him. He took a deep breath and poured out his heart and soul, singing about his life, his hardships, and whatever else was on his mind. He sang and sang, the band getting faster and slower with Kacey. He continued for over a half an hour until he ran out of breath singing and collapsed. He heard the applause from the people there booming as he blacked out, the beat still pulsing inside him. "Wake up, son," the bartender said as he pours some cold water on a cloth and wiped Kacey's face. He realized he was in the back room when the bartender grinned. "Looks like you found your tallent there," he said with a chuckle as he pointed at Kacey's flank. There on his flank was a cutie mark. A lone microphone. Kacey smiled and couldn't wait to tell everyone. Afterwards, knowing his tallent came from speaking and singing, he began to realize how to use his voice more and more, including some impressions of ponies he's met. He no longer became the one who rarely talked. Though still shy around new people, he does love to talk.

Though Kacey travels around a lot now, still doing odd jobs, he still comes back to that tavern and, for a small pay, he sings for the night to whatever song they give. He may not know the words, but he will sing from the heart.

post-3600-0-59899000-1336538167_thumb.pn

Edited by KaceyCanvas

First thing I notice is the RP Type:

You can only pic Mane OR Crossover. Mane has more strict rules but the Mane-RP ponies can be used in Crossover, however Crossovers can not be used in Mane-Rp.

The next I see is AGE, we DO NOT deal in straight numbers and that should be replaced with Stallion.

Next: Cutie Mark, he has to have one. That is a pretty solid rule for all ponies his age.

Occupation: Needs to be changed to something more... explanatory?

Also,

your character summary should be expanded some.

On a side note I am not sure if your name for this pony will be accepted as it stands for Mane=RP.

His Motivation area will also need to be changed as all ponies have motivation from something.

I hope this helps!

Sadly, that isn't quite what I meant. You are very close to getting it though.

Please look at other apps (Mine or others who have some Mane-RP ones passed) and observe how we do the character summary area. So far it looks wonderful and you have improved a lot over your first run at it.

But don't rush things like this, let the ideas flow and try to keep yourself focused on the character and what you feel they would be like and how they would act. Having a conversation with yourself (as per, you asking questions and the pony answering) is a great way to get ideas out for your app. Most of the time I ask myself (The pony myself) how they would act of behave in a certain situation and it allows me to better my app for them.

I hope this helps!

An interesting start, though one glaring thing I noticed is that you don't have any sort of cutie mark story in your summary!

The cutie mark is the most important part of a pony! it tells everypony about what they're good at, and maybe even a little about who they are!

So I'm interested in seeing exactly how, when, and where he got his cutie mark (for singing, I imagine), and I'd also like to know what that cutie mark means to him. What does it say about him, or what is the symbolism behind it?

If you could do this for me, I'd appreciate it! :)

The appearance of his cutie mark is an interesting story. It all started out as a young colt, still working for just a place to stay. He was wondering what his tallent might be, for he was good at everything. He worked hard cleaning, construction, and many other odd jobs, but never got his mark at all. One day though, while he was cleaning and helping out at a tavern, they had a open mic night and one of the colts called him up. Kacey didn't talk that much to begin with, only things he needed to say.

From your prior description of him, he does not seem to be good at everything. You might want to clean this up if it is a typo. Other than that:

AppApproved.png