Taking An Afternoon (Open)

(This is just a simple RP I want to do to get my character up and about. For the most part try to stick to the Mane RP rules, but really just don't go too crazy! Open for a few people, will switch to closed when there's enough!)

It was another lazy spring day in Trottingham, and a very slow afternoon for a small bakery on the outskirts of the vacation town. The air around the place was filled with the pleasant aroma of freshly baked breads, many of which were displayed in baskets in the front window. Despite the cozy appealing nature of the little shop, the place was currently empty, no customers perusing the shelves, no ponies sitting at the handful of tables enjoying a quick snack.

Semolina sighed to herself, the little white earth pony sitting behind the counter, resting her chin on the countertop next to the register with a bored look plastered across her face. The slow day wasn't too much of a surprise for her; most of her business was done in the morning as ponies came in for breads or bagels for breakfast, and Trottingham's real vacation season hadn't really kicked in yet, leaving the small town fairly empty for the moment. The last customer to stop in today had been a couple hours ago, and it looked like that was going to be it for the day.

With a quiet yawn and a stretch that made the joints in her back pop, she stood up and walked over to the front door. If there wasn't going to be any more business today she might as well take the afternoon off to relax and enjoy the nice weather. Looking around a bit through the glass of the door, she examined the mostly empty street before moving to flip the Open/Closed sign around.

(Semolina)

http://www.canterlot...na-flour-final/

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golden Sun was walking down the street staring at the ground.He was thinking of that day."NO!I have to be strong.But for who?Oh god why am I such a mess up?"He was talking to himself again but that's the only pony he had.Then he heard crying and it wasn't himself for once.It was coming from a bush."Hello?Is there anypony there?Please don't hurt me."He said as he peered over the bush.

((Sorry I didn't mention that Golden Sun is a blank flank pegasus colt.Oh And I'm just testing out some new characters okay?So expect a Griffon.))

Golden Sun smiled up at the new adult pony."Why yes I do!Here want some bread?"He asked her holding out a pice of bread to the pony."My name is Golden Sun I ran away from home and I wear this flight suit so I don't get cold.What's your name miss?"Sun asked her politley.

Golden Sun beamed.Maybe she could.....no.no nopony would ever take him in nopony loves him.Suns smile then converted to a sad frown."Miss Sigma....could you...um answer a question?"He said hopefully.Golden Sun was about as tall as Sigma as he was unaturally tall for his age.

Meanwhile Cillia Ravenford the griffon was flying around town but was tiring quickly.She finnily landed on a roof to catch her breath."Now where am I?Oh theres somepony."She said as she saw Golden Sun and Sigma on the ground.

Golden Sun looked at the ground then at Sigma."Well it seems that we both have nopony around so I was wondering if I could like travel with you!If thats okay with you."He said looking at her hopefully.

Meanwhile Cilia was sweating heavily because her feathers and fur made her hot and the sun wasn't helping."Hey you two down here where are we?Is this ponyville?I heard that ponyville is lame."

Golden Sun took to the skies and did a few happy flips."Yaaaay!Oh nad don't worry about food I'm very sneaky and stuff plus I can grow stuff.How do you think I have survived so long by myself so far?"He said then Sun looked up at Cilia."I agree ponyville sucks.I used to live close before I ran away.They tried to bring me back but they didn't understand."

Cilia Ravenclaw was bored again."So where in Trottingham huh?Coolish I geuss."She flew off the roof showing her purple tinted wings."The name is Cilia Ravenclaw.How 'bout you ponyfolk?"She asked.

Golden Sun looked at Cilia."Howdy Cilia.I'm the one and only Golden Sun."He said happily.Then he procceded to spread his wings at full length."I can fly just like you!"

Cilia Ravenclaw panicked when Sun compared himself to her.Does he know about my past?Who my "parents" where?She asked herself but she kept her cool compusher."Nice to meet you two.So where are you two going?Is it fine if I tag along?"

Golden Sun was on the top of the world.He was so happy he couldn't even keep himself on the ground."Cool!So what now guys?"He said to his two newfound friends.

Cilia Ravenclaw was looking at Sigma.She was a smart griffon and could tell that Sigma was envious and hungry.All of the friends' tummies rumbled in perfect harmony.Cilia pulled out a rat she was saving and Sigma and Sun shared the bread.After dinner Cilia went up to sigma and said:"You wish you could fly don't you?If you want I'm fine with staying on the ground but I can't speak for our little colt over there though."

(Hey, give a pony a chance to post! XD)

It took a while for Semolina to pack away all the leftover breads; usually she sold them at a discount the next day, and if they didn't sell after that then she gave them away to charity. It was a win-win situation, she was helping others, and nobody really bought bread past that point anyway.

Wiping her brow with a hoof she shrugged off her apron and grabbed her saddlebag, before heading for the door. Unlocking it once more she stepped outside into the cool afternoon air, taking a deep slow breath. After a moment the little white pony stepped down from the stoop and looked about.

She was a little bit surprised to see a pair of ponies out front, and a gryphon, all of them seeming to be waiting or for something. Had they been waiting outside her shop this whole time? Silently(not that she could do it any other way) she berated herself for deciding to close early, It figures she would miss a couple more customers like this.

At that moment the door swung closed behind her, the bell on it ringing softly and making her jump in surprise a bit.

((Who's Taco?But could we include everything I posted minus the dinner part.Please?))

Golden Sun wasn't used to begging but he was willing to try anything once.He galloped over and slid and tried his best "cute look"."Oh please madam can we have some delicious bread?"Sun asked innocently.

Cilia just rolled her purple eyes.She was not into acting.She just pulled out a ball from her bag she had on her bag and started playing around with it.Sigma and Golden Sun glanced at her expectantly."What?I don't need food I have a rat in my bag."Cilia said indifferently.

Semolina blinked a little bit, looking back and forth between the two ponies.before shrugging and nodding. Turning about she opened up the door and held it open, smiling at them expectantly. Her saddlebag was a small one, only having a loaf in it that she was planning on snacking on later, or maybe feeding the ducks. other than that it was just a thick notepad and a couple of pens.

Still, inside she did have some loaves that were ready to donate, and she hated to see someone go hungry like that. Heading to the back room after they entered, she brought out a couple of different ones, cutting a few slices and setting them on a tray at one of the tables, a slight blush and a shy smile on her face the whole time.

Golden Sun smiled.Hey I must be good at this.He thought.Then he sat down at the table with Sigma and....Cilia?"Cilia?What are you doing here?I thought you weren't coming?""Hey drop it squirt!".Sun was done talking after that.

Cilia had her elbows on the table and used her claws to prop up her head.She didn't look happy at all.Maybe I should tell them if we are going to hang out I should tell them.Cilia thought."Hey guys.I need to tell you about my childhood.I was not raised by other griffons I was only raised by pegasai!For all I know my parents might be dead!"Cilia Ravenclaw confessed.After her little rant she cowered ready for insults and other racial slur she always heard.She was showing her soft side.

Golden Sun smiled.Hey I must be good at this.He thought.Then he sat down at the table with Sigma and....Cilia?"Cilia?What are you doing here?I thought you weren't coming?""Hey drop it squirt!".Sun was done talking after that.

Cilia had her elbows on the table and used her claws to prop up her head.She didn't look happy at all.Maybe I should tell them if we are going to hang out I should tell them.Cilia thought."Hey guys.I need to tell you about my childhood.I was not raised by other griffons I was only raised by pegasai!For all I know my parents might be dead!"Cilia Ravenclaw confessed.After her little rant she cowered ready for insults and other racial slur she always heard.She was showing her soft side.

Semolina nodded, giving a shy smile as they thanked her. It wasn't often that she ended up giving the bread directly to someone who needed it. She listened to their conversation curiously as she went about tidying up the small cafe' section, not that there was too much to clean. It seemed like the three of them were rather misfit, kind of like herself. After a little bit of thought, she pulled out her notepad and flipped it open to a blank page, before picking up a pen in her teeth and scribbling something down on the paper.

Blushing a bit she picked up the notepad and set it down on the table so they could see what she had written .

-do you have a place to stay?-

She figured it was an honest question, the three of them had been milling about looking for food after all.