A Manehatten meeting (Sevofthesands &FlimFlam)

Wine&Dine Was strolling through one of Manehattens many bazaar areas where travelers from near and far come to pawn their goods off at high to Ok prices in little stalls. Wine liked to wander around and see if there was anything of true value. he was about move on when some rare and very valuable gems caught his eye.

Amber Flare sighed. She never liked parting with her gems, but she had run out of bits and was starting to get hungry for something more than precious stones. Without much else to do, she found what looked a market area, and found an empty stall she could sell her gems in. Against her better judgement, she had even put some of her rarer gems on display, realizing she could probably fetch quite a price on them in the city.

Oh and what a marvelous city it was! She had only been here for about a day or two, and she was still in awe of how big it was. Amber had never been any where filled with quite so many ponies, to the point where she almost felt overwhelmed by the amount of them. Looking around at some of the other market stalls, she noticed another pony stop and take a look at her supply. Calling over to him, "Why hello there good sir! Anything catch your fancy here?" As she spoke, she gestured to the stones laid out on the table.

Amber blushed as Wine&dine complimented her, although it was completely unexpected. In pretty much all of her travels, she didn't think anyone had ever greeted her like that, per say. In fact, most of the ponies in Manehatten hadn't really given polite greetings whatsoever, so this was definitely a first... "Finally! its nice to see somepony in this city who knows how to greet a pony! My name is Amber Flare"

She chuckled a little, then as she greeted herself she took up a very proud pose. After all, a good introduction leaves a good first impression.

Wine smiled as he made a good first impression with the mare.

"yeah most here tend to only think of themselves. i tend to think of others first." he then paused to admire her figure as she posed then continued "well i see you have a Azure blue sapphire there it reminds me of my mane almost except my mane does not sparkle." he said as he rubbed his Azure Blue mane that contrasted nicely with his wine red coat.

Amber smiled. She wasn't quite sure if he was complimenting her mark, drawing attention to his mane, or both. Probably the latter, but that didn't really bother Amber. "And your mark - hmm... I suppose it is rather unique. Doesn't quite match up to anything. One of a kind!" Stepping out from behind the table, she approached Wine&Dine to get a quick look at his cutie mark. She wasn't quite sure what the fork or price tag meant, really.

Wine chuckled.

"yeah my cutie mark is different i'm pretty sure the fork and champagne glass represent my err rich tastes the price tag with the question mark represents my talent see i have a unique eye for value i can see the value in everything and i can also see what compliments that things true value and increase it." he picked up a gem "see this gem is valuable on its own but combined with it size, shape and clarity it is easily twice what it normally be worth." he said with pride at his talent

Amber watched defensively as Wine&Dine picked up her gem. She was selling it, but it wasn't sold yet. Relaxing a bit, she realized he only wanted to appraise it. That was ok, she supposed, and he did have a talent for it. Indeed, the only way he could have been more accurate was to put an exact price on it. "Well now, that must certainly come in handy around here! You mentioned expensive tastes? Does that make you a more well to do pony?"

Amber was actually curious. Wine&Dine seemed like a talkative pony, so a few questions seemed right up his ally, perhaps.

Amber blinked for a second, then stepped instinctively closer to her gems "Mischief? What kind of mischief, exactly?" She wasn't quite sure how to take in this new information. He certainly hasn't done anything that seemed like it would cause trouble. Did most ponies here act like this? She certainly hoped not.

After tossing the idea around, she realized she was probably overreacting. Giving a brief smile, she tried not to convey any confusion or anything similar. After all, he hadn't done anything wrong.

Amber chuckled as well. Perhaps she was being a tad over dramatic about her gems. She was selling them, so parting with them was ideal if she was given a good price, but that remark about his brother being able to steal them irked her pride a little. Deciding on a retort, she flat out stated "Except I would know they were stolen. There are exactly 23 gems I've put on sale, and if need be I could recount what each one looked like. But you still haven't said what kind of mischief you manage."

Back with the first subject, she was starting to get curious. What could he do that he was hinting at?

((O.O.C. Sorry for the absence, got a bit caught up with friends :blush: ))

"Well, I don't see how its obvi- wait, what!?" Amber was a bit taken aback, mainly because she certainly didn't see the compliment coming, much less know how to react to it. Taking a step back, she smirked and regained her (relative) cool. "I think I see... very smooth. That certainly explains a lot then."

Taking a quick look around, she noticed that not very many other ponies were taking an interest in her stand. Sighing, she wondered if today wasn't her day sales wise. Perhaps she should just wrap up the stand early, at this rate she wouldn't earn a single bit. On the bright side, the conversation was nice.

Amber smiled. He seemed quite perceptive, or at least Wine&Dine had noticed the lack of customers. "Sure, I don't suppose that could hurt. Just give me a few seconds, then" Sticking out one of her wings, Amber gently brushed the gems from the table into her bag, then secured the bag. Taking a quick trot out, she turned around, waiting for him to start moving along as well. "You seem to mention your family quite a bit, but you've only mentioned your brother. What are the others like?

Wine started to move as she finished packing.

"Well Show&Tell in addition to being a thief is also the family Salespony, Lucky Chance is the gambler and a cheat, he also likes probability theory which is his true value, then there is the middle brother of ours Eagle takes after mom the most being a stickler for the rules and all he is studying law currently." he then stopped as the street split 2 ways. "well you have a choice now we can go to a nice cafe and have some food or head to my place meet my brothers and have dinner."

"Sounds like quite the family then!" Amber thought for a moment. Wine&Dine's family certainly seemed interesting, but they were quite the large group. She never did well with large groups, and she had very little social talent when it came to maneuvering them. Besides, a nice cafe certainly seemed like an interesting place to eat."I suppose the cafe sounds nice. I mean, if its all the same to you, that is."

She hoped the cafe was someplace quiet. Any crowds might prove unnerving, as the always seemed to do.

"Well, I suppose if they show up it can't be helped." Amber was a bit glad she had a guide as they walked through Manehatten. By now, she was sure she'd be lost, without any trees or caves or anything else to use as a land marker. Amber did wonder what kind of food the cafe would have, after all she had yet to eat here, and she had no idea what the local food was like.

Looking around the various corners, she was still fascinated by the sheer amount of ponies and buildings, and, well, everything really. It was as different as she could possibly get from her normal habitats. Looking around, it was quite clear she was starstruck by the whole thing.

Amber paused for a minute, not realizing her mistake until Wine&Dine had pointed it out. She certainly didn't see it at first, but Amber wasn't quite sure how she had looked it over in the first place. Taking a look through the window, she decided that it looked nice. "Well, to be fair I didn't know we were going to this specific cafe, although it does look nice."

She decided to briefly give an explanation of why she had overlooked it, just to cover her tracks up a little.

"Oh, well if its my choice, inside would be nice. I've been running that stand for a while, and somewhere enclosed would the closest thing to home I could get in this city."

Walking up to the door, she held it open for Wine&Dine, while taking a second look inside. Yup, the inside of the building was perhaps rather boxed in, but it was sort of similar to a cave. Besides, just being inside would be a nice change of pace from being caught up in all the city hustle. Being starstruck was rather exhausting, really.

Wine took a seat at a nice table in the corner and caussually looked around when he spotted a famailer Red pony waiting tables.

"Oh no hehe thats funny... this should be interesting." he said in a tone that suggested that things have gotten interesting. "tell me if our waiter is going to be a red pony with a yellow mane please." he stated with a smile.