Ponifying everything.

ThunderBrony

Sooo.... on topic. I don't really care for anything violence related being ponified. Because I like to keep my hyper violence and ponies separated, thank you very much. ^^

So yeah, that's pretty much where I draw my personal line.

Hear-hear. I like my Ponies because they are a bit of light and happiness in a hurtful world. So I hate to stumble upon hurtful things mixed with my antidote. I avoid some sites because of that. But I don't blame the ponies.

I think if people want to ponify things then that is their prerogative. Jumping on the bandwagon of, "If you don't like it don't look at it." I'm a huge Hobbit fan as well. And a few other books are almost sacred tomes to me. So I won't watch/read a ponification of them.

honestly just saying...and dont flame me now (sorry im so used to the rest of the internet being a hate machine)...but honestly if everything were ponified (and I mean literally everything)...I wouldnt be complaining, in fact I'd probably giggling in joy on my bed until I realized there was a whole world of new pony waiting for me to explore and I flew out the door in glee.

We don't flame around here, we discuss. I agree and respect that some things may be sacred to you, and seeing a parody of it might be upsetting -- but, I'd encourage you to take it with a grain of salt, and view it as a celebration of something cool rather than a cheap-shot at a beloved story, as there is a distinct difference between the two. :blush:

hi hi

I look at it like this, if the original was good, having a pony version isn't going to ruin the original. It will still be there in its original form regardless of what other people do. If the original was bad, then a pony version is going to be a little unsettling when I come across it while looking for pony things. But this is the internet, so filtering your experience is kind of necessary. Its when things start getting past my filters that I start getting upset.

I haven't seen the hobbit parody in question, but I know it hasn't altered the text in the hardcopy of the hobbit I have sitting on a shelf in the other room.

There are plenty of things that I don't like to see, but censorship just isn't a useful tool. Art imitates life, and its just not possible to get to the root cause by going after the effect. (Its funny, because MLP has actually done a lot to counter violent and cynical media without even touching it.) I think people ponifying things is just one side effect of the show setting a good example. When you set a good example, you'll get people who follow it.

It's all a matter of personal preference really. Everyone has toleration levels and yeah I've seen people take it pretty far.

I will admit that I do love my ponified FFVI though... but yeah, everyone has a limit. Just don't try and make your personal limit apply to the entire fandom is my advice. There are things I'd hate to see ponified and things I bounce up and down in joy when I see ponified. Heck, my WEB BROWSER has a program option installed where I can replace words with pony variations if the mood strikes me.

Moderation and personal threshold.