Welcome. You are here beginning at the last days of construction of the Grey Area Condominums, a large Condo Complex built for ponies who honor family values. It is named after the creator, the brilliant, if slightly narcissistic, Grey Matter. Rules as follow:

- No cursing where fillies or colts are involved.

- What happens here does not apply to other RPs unless they specifically state otherwise. In other words, a marriage in the RP is not in another RP

- Please, keep it clean.

- No double posts.

- Feel free to add into the story whatever you feel it needs.

- I reserve the right to add new rules as I see necessary.

- This goes on past the opening, and into the usage of the condos

- Have fun!

Certian positions need to be filled, and so long as this post can be edited, I will fill in the spots, or add more as needed.

Foreman/Forewoman: Easy-going-A105 (Thebluemage)

Renters: Swash the Buckle-A114 (ExtravagantEvil), Twilight Shine/Twilight's Mother/Twilight's Father((Color Unknown))-A110 (Hinata2000100), Madam Mystic AKA Mojo-A106 (Thebluemage) , Gumbo-A106 (Thebluemage)

Construction workers: Runner-A101 (SaucySpider)

Janitors: Screw Loose-Lives at home (PonyHooves)

Maintenence: Cloud-Basement (CloudShimmers)

Chefs: Thyme-A109 (fireraven23)

Receptionists: Snowy Dash-A102 (Snowy)

Security: Clear Skies-No room yet (Cainiam), Watcher-A101 (Cainiam)

Misc: Neon Scratch-A102 (Snowy)

Grey Matter enters Building A of the new Grey Area Condominiums, searching for the project foreman. With nopony to be found, he begins to tour the building to see if it is up to par. Construction is complete here, just needs to be furnished. He remembers that today is when the first renters come to look, and awaits them at the front desk.

EDIT: To anypony who wants to join new, there is an OOC thread. Please introduce your character there so everybody can catch you up to what is relevant to your character, rather than you having to read through what is currently over 220 posts.

EDIT 2: I have added "Security" to the roster. Please, anypony looking to join, I urge you to be security, while you are allowed to join into most roles, other RPers are pointing out the need for security staff. Thank you.

EDIT 3: The security position has been filled. While more help is always appreciated, you need not any longer feel obliged to join as a security guard. ALSO I want to say here, to anypony joining or already here, please, feel free to RP as multiple characters, I have no problem with that, so long as you can handle them.

EDIT 4: Added to the roster, room numbers added. I intend to post in the companion thread a full list of rooms, and try to scan up a floor plan.

Edited by GreyMatter
  • Like 2

Runner, the new Contruction worker, came trotting down the steps. He was carrying his tool belt, and was on his way to pick up the couch when he ran into Grey Matter.

"Hey, Grey how's it going. How do you like our work so far, pretty nice right?"

Runner was referring to the stylish Condo currently being constructed around them. Even without furniture, the blue-green walls glowed nicely in the afternoon sun.

"Looking for the foreman?"

(Yeah, I call dibs on the first Construction worker :P )

"Yes, it looks very nice. I hear you had a hoof in designing this one, right? Because if so, I see a bright future for you around here. And yes, I am looking for the foreman, he is never here! In fact, if you don't know where he is, you are active foreman until he arrives. I needed to ask him when the lighting is supposed to be ready."

Grey Matter points out that it is only the afternoon sun that is making the walls glow.

"Actually, I did. These walls were hoof made my be and my tools. Thank you for the temporary promotion sir, I'll do my best to get these Condos finished. The lights should be going in within the hour. Oh, would you mind giving me a hand with this couch."

Runner motioned to the dark blue couch near the entrance to the Condo.

"No problem. You got any word on when the renters are due to drop by? I wanna know if I have time to do one more run of the building, Make sure it is all set to begin opening in the next week."

Grey grabs the couch and begins to move it. All the while, he is beginning plans for an expansion project, should the building be successful. He knows he is gonna need somepony to head the project...

"The renters are scheduled for tomorrow morning. We should have plenty of time to get everything into place by then."

Runner placed the couch down and began to move some lamps into a position that appeared aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

"I'm curious to see who the renters are. I hope they aren't some snooty, upper crust canterlot ponies looking for a summer home. Well if you need me i'll probably be on the roof, unless of course you need me for some other project."

A door behind the front desks opens. Out flutters the new Receptionists, Snowy, carrying a few papers. Her wings fold to her sides as she sets the papers down on the desk. She hums as she files the papers into a yellow envelope.

"Actually, I do need you to turn on the power, if it isnt too much. Should be about time to power on. Oh, and take this, you earned it"

Grey Matter gives Runner a key, labeled A-101, meaning building A, 1st floor, room one. As Runner walks past, he can't help but notice a note. It reads:

"To the most faithful worker,

I have set aside one of the Condos to be given to a great worker. While I do not know who that is at the time of this writing, I trust myself to make a good decision of who it is to go to. This room, as you should know, is a complete suite, four bedroom, two stories, a kitchen, a dining room, living room, and den. It has a laundry room, and a backyard, with an upstairs balcony and a deck downstairs. It is done up in a contemporary style, made so that the afternoon light is enough to keep the entire place brighter than it could with lights. It was designed by Runner, and I believe he has done a great job. Please, accept this as my gift to you. Rent-free, no bills for the first year.

Thank you for your hard work,

Grey Matter"

"Ah, Snowy! You're finally here! Did you get Sugarcube Corner to cater the opening?"

Snowy looks up from the desk and nods. "Y-Yes I have...Mr. and Mr.s Cake agreed to do the catering.." She responds quietly before looking back down at the folder lying on the desk and filing it in a cabinet under the desk.

Grey Matter finishes locking up downstairs, returns to the greeters desk, and looks around. He can't believe it. His dream of a family oriented condo complex has been realized, or is very close to being realized. He already has plans in his mind of increasing it for others. He supposes that he will need to wait until they open next week to see how it is. He spends a few minutes basking in his success, before heading upstairs to his penthouse, where he finds Snowy.

"Good then. You work hard. You deserve a break. Besides, seem like it would be more steady than flying over them. I built it so the ponies, doing what they do, could give me ideas. For instance, I see them enjoying a cake at Sugarcube Corner, and I commission a bakery to be built on site. Whatever they do out there, I bring to them in here. I aim to please them, this is where I get my joy, in the joy of others."

Grey Matter pours some cider, he offers some to Snowy.

"Aged apple cider. It was aged for several years in my cider cellar back in Fillydelphia. Technically, it was locally made. At least, it is now that I moved to Ponyville. Comes from Sweet Apple Acres. It is really good. has a refinied taste, much like myself. Try a sip. I figure this was a special enough occasion to warrant opening the cider. Grand opening is in a few days, isn't it?"

Grey holds out his glass, as if to expect a toast to the Complex.