Star Light, *Star Bright*, the Only Star I Didn't See Tonight...[Open]

DarkStar

OOC:

Hello and welcome everypony, to one of possibly many other opportunities to roleplay as any of the mane six! Though, then comes one of the first rules... I'm sorry, but I will not allow more than one user to occupy the role of more than one character... it eliminates the opportunity for other users that may want to participate in the roleplay as well. For instance, if someone plays as both Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy... what if there was someone else that wanted to play either one of those two as well? In the very least... occupying only one of the characters' roles provides another pony with the opportunity of a second option, and please stick with your characters all the way through. Yes! I will absolutely allow original characters to participate if they wish! Have at it, everypony! There's plenty of space here to go around!

As far as I know in the series... there are six main characters. I haven't made it to the second season yet, but I'm working at it. It might be sad, but it's also the truth. >.>

The following character information is my own... as I hadn't bothered to make an application because I had dropped the idea altogether. But that doesn't mean I won't just give this pony a spot anywhere on the forums! ^^ Note that it follows the guidelines of a common application, however.(Other than the Roleplay Type part...)

As they knew him:(See here for a more clear explanation as to why)

Name: Star Bright

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Eye Color: Blue

Coat Color: White

Mane/Tail: Black, some messy/Black, as messy as mane.

Physique: Regular in appearance. Not too fat or skinny, neither tall nor short, but very regular.

Cutie Mark: Silver outlined black star. It was discovered the very next day after... defeating... a couple of colts that dared to try and hurt a close friend. Like his mane and tail... represents darkness, hatred, and everything that is bad... that he ironically uses for good.

As he is today:

Name: Dark Star

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Eye Color: Blue

Coat Color: Black

Mane/Tail: White, very smooth/White, and same physique as mane.

Physique: Regular in appearance. Not too fat or skinny, neither tall nor short, but very regular.

Cutie Mark: Silver outlined black star.

Notice what never changed about him...And what did change.

Character Summary/History:

As a young colt, Star was a bright and happy pony. One with parents whom in which he could love and cherish... friends in his forgotten hometown of Ponyville that he had left behind ever since the day his parents had passed on trying to protect him from sinister extra terrestrials that had landed a great minecrawler on the surface of their planet in the hopes to consume every last square mile of its natural resources. He had forgotten almost everything about his life in Ponyville... what he did, where he lived, what his hometown's name was... who his friends were. Over the time that has gone by... he has lived in a space station floating just above his home planet's atmosphere since he was a foal... probably the only technologically advanced thing out of all of Equestria, and he's lived in it since the day his parents passed away. Pledging never to return to the soil he once thrived upon. The only reason at all that he would return is to resupply on survival items... usually once a year. The record being around 2 years since he had to resupply. His coat, mane, and tail have in fact mysteriously changed color as a result of his sprawled pain and misery from the death of his parents... whom in which he shared a very close parent-child relationship with. To have them suddenly taken away is so far the worst thing to ever happen to the pony. His coat had changed from white to black... his mane and tail from black to white. The whiteness that remains in his appearance representing the good in him that had barely survived, as he inevitably became more angry, more serious... and more sad. Believing that there isn't a pony in all of Equestria, the world for that matter, who would dare approach him and utter anything reseambling words to him. He has in fact changed his name, and it is this final act, that made him almost completely disappear as they knew him. Going by the name Dark Star, seeing himself as the star in the sky that refuses to shine or twinkle. Living in space for that matter, it made the most sense to him. His method of returning to his planet, is a one piece black leather like suit. Covering every inch of the pony. The black somewhat ballistic proof article of clothing, and is even equipped with a some stylish looking helmet. One that makes his head look like it narrows to points on both the front and back of his head. The front half in fact being longer than the back half. The helmet serves more purposes than one... for one, it serves as an oxygen provider. Allowing him to breathe in times that he finds himself in space, in fact he does not use a space ship to come back down to Earth. For another, it serves the purpose of a weapon... the front piece being detachable from the whole helmet, but when whole, it serves as a deadly accurate sniper rifle. It seems that there are in fact no spaces in which to see through in the helmet... but it is through the sniper scope inside the front half that provides him the gift of sight. A green reticle in the center acting as the sight for his weapon... a small generator inside the helmet providing him with rounds in which he can use to fire his weapon just by thinking about it. Though the generator can only generate normal sniper rounds... he must make other types of bullets himself. Such as sniper grenades and sniper mortars.(The sniper grenades he usually saves for 'special occasions.') As a third and final function... when the front half of the helmet is detached, and reattached to the pony's right hoof, then the frontal barrel is in a sense changed out. As the front of the sniper barrel retracts, and what emerges are six barrels in a circular array... in a 'mini-gun' like machine gun style. With a rotary mechanism, it acts as Dark Star's chain gun. With an unlimited supply of bullets, the chain gun acts as an ultimate and deadly force to those who threaten his life... though this time hasn't come quite yet, he keeps alert for whenever it does. Finally... the suit has one more neat function. The four large, black ribbons that make enormous loops come from his back, as these large ribbons serve as a parachute. It is an ideal function for every time he comes down to Earth... allowing him to both recline his fall, and to help him glide over greater distances. Being an Earth Pony, he has no special ability to fly... gliding is the next best thing.

(For those who know of the game MDK... just imagine Kurt Hectic in pony form, but with Dark Star's appearance... in other words, Dark Star in the Coil Suit. ^^)

Characters:

OC(s): Dark Star

Applejack: None

Fluttershy: None

Pinkie Pie: None

Rainbow Dash: None

Rarity: None

Twilight Sparkle: None

If any of you would like to be any other character that appears in the show, then by all means participate as this character! For instance, the Cutie Mark Crusaders... if you want, then have at it! Just remember to let us know, first. ^^

I think that's all... if you have any questions at all, then don't be afraid to ask. Just don't forget to distinguish between OOC and IC. I suppose that pretty much settles it, then... on to the show!

Note: This does not take place in the future... it is still as it is currently in Equestria... his suit and the space station are the only technological advanced intended for this roleplay.

IC:

!!!NEWSFLASH!!!

A huge city minecrawler is headed straight for the small town of Ponyville, Equestria!

Back on Earth: Something utterly massive approaches Ponyville from a great distance away... though can be seen even from its current distance. At its current speed... the

massive city sized tank could very well take around a half hour to reach the borders of the small town. The entity of destruction seems to destroy everything

in its path and kicks up a massive cloud of dust as it rolls along the planet's surface... sucking the surface dry of its natural resources, and leaving nothing but

a crude, crusty surface behind as it will trail all the way to Ponyville. This would be the second time ever that something like this had happened... as the

massive contraption appeared from the sky in an enormous stream of energy containing it. This stream guiding it to the planet's surface... landing it harshly

on the ground as it begins its path toward a sinister plan.

In the space station: The lone pony had been spending most of his morning just staring at the surface of the Earth through a magnified view on a massive screen on the wall

in front of him... recalling the last time that he ever told his parents that he loved them... this dear planet holding that powerful memory that he doesn't

and hasn't felt ready to face... is he that much of a coward? That he can't suck it up and return home? ...There's no use now. Without even the simple

knowledge of where you came from and where you lived in the first place, there really isn't much point in going back either way. Suddenly, as he

watched the morning progress from a distance in the small town that he currently observes... something catches his gaze as he zooms out the image.

Something big... something huge. Something even larger than the small town itself.... no...no no no... it can't be! It's a... it's a... minecrawler! No way..

it's not possible... they only attacked years ago, but why again now? The stern stallion grits his teeth... his expression worsening at the sight of the vile

monster sized tank approaching the unfortunate town... he has to do something. The anger of the moment boils the blood in his veins, as his calm and

collected moment evaporates into thin air, as he is determined to do anything it takes to save that small town... they don't deserve such pain. Such

misery that he went through... it's too much. Unable to contain himself, he gallops vigorously to the suiting room. These aliens will pay for what they

did... for what they intend to do.

(OOC:(...I think it's just a ton of stuff to read, that's probably why nopony joined yet... XD ...but it sounds to me like you're cheating reality with this unspecified 'generator' in your helmet. Please, nothing is infinite. At least say, "near-infinite" and say that this 'generator' does something to some kind of fuel source that never seems to deplete. Whenever I hear something is infinite, I immediately think of the infinite matter paradox. I could elaborate on this topic if you want, but long story short, you need matter to make matter, and generating is just turning one form of reality into another... =3 ...not to kill your idea, just offering something. If you're going to add something as vague as a gun, at least add how it's possible for bullets to be randomly created...

...another thing, the space-ship part was rather hard for me to understand, it the space-ship just rushing towards Ponyville like a meteor? Or is it already there, and it's just floating above it...

...to be more specific about what I was talking about in the 'infinite bullet helmet generator' whatever part, how about you add something like a original creation? Instead of using the word 'generator' for bullet, use something like, 'his own, specially crafted, matter paradox transmitter' or something like that...))

OOC: Actually, I do see your point here. I suppose that is a very broad term, 'generator'. But if you've played the game, MDK(Not sure what it mainly stands for, but that's the game's name.) then you might know where that comes from... the way I see it. Because you can fire your chain gun in the game as much as you want, unless they're 'super chain gun' bullets(I actually have a neat idea for those), you never run out of ammo, and a generator is my only explanation as to how that's even possible... that never changes even in MDK 2. To be honest, I can't really explain why that is the way it is, so I just came up with something that could give it somewhat of an explanation. HOWEVER... I have put some thought into just how it might work, and I think I'll use it sometime in the future. What I had in mind for the 'generator' is to convert common elements in the air into a common alloy such as brass(for shell casings), and the other elements of a bullet such as the primer, gunpowder, and of course, the projectile. Now, what I had in mind for the loading mechanism, is a sort of 'drum-mag' style loading, where there's a revolving mechanism that loads the bullets into one barrel after another to be fired. And for the 'super chain gun' bullets, there is in fact a way this could be possible. I even just now thought of the idea, that the 'magazine' for the bullets is actually inside the rim of his frontal helmet piece that could be hollowed out just for the purpose of holding bullets. And in fact, it's called a 'chain gun' for a reason, as the bullets would be connected in a chain like fashion... like a strip of bullets. So, for the super chain gun bullets, they could be connected together in this chain like fashion, and he can simply open up the round rim of his helmet and exchange the normal bullets for the more powerful ones(maybe armor piercing rounds or explosive rounds, or some other specialization about the bullets).

And finally, to answer your question about the 'space-ship' which in fact... it's not a space-ship. A minecrawler is in fact a compound word. "Mine-crawler." which could be thought of as something that mines, and it 'crawls' along a planet's surface. Basically, a minecrawler is a HUGE city sized tank whose purpose is to suck a planet's surface dry of its natural resources as it 'crawls,' which very well means that they don't necessarily move very fast, along the ground. If that thing is not destroyed in a half hour, then that huge mobile mining city is going to absorb Ponyville along with everything else. It is in fact how the aliens plan on destroying the planet, by depriving it of its valuable natural resources and turning Earth into Mars, and then the aliens can do whatever they want with the resources they collected... and towns tend to have a bonus for resources, which is why these aliens target cities and small towns to absorb, so that they can get even more natural resources.(Though... I don't know, really. This is the only explanation I have as to why the aliens do what they do... because that's what they do in MDK.) This minecrawler is supposed to appear from a massive stream of energy that is used to allow easy clearance through a planet's atmosphere, and the aliens intend to 'flow' the minecrawlers through the huge streams, and land their city sized tanks on their target planet and 'go to town' on it's natural resources and etc... and in fact, these minecrawlers look like cities themselves, and are usually vulnerable from above, as it is very easy to access a minecrawler by coming from above them... which is why they have a surface to air defense system; launching missiles at anything that tries to enter the minecrawler from above.

In the end... I don't really know how to explain my character's gun. I'm just going with how I see things in the game. Plus, this is supposed to be the only minecrawler that even intends to hit the town. The rest is for Dark Star to rediscover what friendship is, and to try and make it difficult because... well, he's angry and such, and tends to solve a lot of problems with physical violence. Along the way he will have many conflicts in his mind... and yeah, that's what I intended. I guess I should clarify next time as to what my intentions are for a roleplay. Sorry for the confusion, but I really don't know how to explain it. >.>

(OOC:(...that's okay Buddeh... x3 ...just a random train of thought though, why make shell casings if you're going to recycle the recourses anyways? Why not just generate the bullets themselves, and the gunpowder? Then you don't need primer, and you could just use spark-ignition and a odd set of incredibly complicated engineering tactics to create a firing system with little to no by-products, so that you could just endlessly reload the mechanism? Or, simplified, instead of making, 'bullets', you only made the lead and the gunpowder, and then just constantly regenerated those two elements of the ammunition system?... =3

...about the tank, that sounds like an awesome idea. I could be Twilight, if I can't be Insanity or Sigma. For friendship, I have absolutely no idea how you could put friendship into a fighting, futuristic war scenario like this, with blue, armored things shooting orange balls of plasma at ponies. I would love to join though. This is an epic story... XD ...even if you did copy it right off of some game... =3

...WAIT BEFORE YOU REPLY! Stop thinking about the weapon system thing! Seriously! You're going to hurt yourself! It's fine as it is, people have spent years trying to make logical game-to-reality connections. Maybe make a completely different thread about it, so we don't spam this RP thread with our thoughts about weapon analysis...

...yup! That's all!... >3<))

• 3 weeks later...

Sigma Saereid couldn't help herself. She just couldn't. When anything the size of an entire town lands on the horizon, it's hard to ignore. Sigma was standing on a hill just outside of Ponyville, having been traveling towards that particular city as her current destination. She now knew that this was, very likely a bad decision. She knew she should have chosen the Badlands. At least then she'd pass by better cities. But no, she just had to choose the Heart of Equestia.

Sigma looked down at her pyromagic robe to make sure she wasn't dreaming. She never had her robe on in a dream. Apparently, she had her robe on. She decided to make one more check before deciding whether to go to the city or not. She quickly hit herself on the side of her jaw as hard as she was willing. With a bit of pain, and regret from the action, Sigma was assured with herself that she was awake when she saw this thing in the distance.

Sigma watched the thing as it moved for a few moments, and couldn't tell whether it was moving or not. It was at least ten miles away, and it only looked like a speck of black in the distance. She knew it was much larger than a speck up close, having been educated in distance equations and such, so she knew that she should be scared to have seen it land. It was quite the show. Sigma took another few seconds to try and see, but the speck didn't seem to even move a single inch. Not that she'd be able to tell the difference. Just the sway of shifting her weight passively from side to side made the thing seem to be moving a bit.

Giving up on her path-tracing attempt, Sigma decided that she should at least go to town to beg. Immediately after either getting food and drink, enough to sustain her until reaching her next city or town, she would go on the path to Solstice Heights, or that region of mountains near Canterlot. She always got a few bits of food, or even a few bits, in those places. With a slight nod, having planned out her moves, Sigma started trotting towards Ponyville.

(OOC: (...I would like a bit more clarification before we continue about the current things...

-What is the tank's appearance? Is it like a bulldozer? Is it all black? Is it mostly a different color?

-What time of day is it? Or what weather?

-How fast, approximately, does the tank go?

-Do those alien things attack Ponyville starting after the tank gets there? Or before? Or do I not need to care.

-Would you allow me to use paradoxical spells? Such as creating fire and shields with no cost to my magical potential energy?

-How would you like to meet Sigma? Important, because if we just improvise it won't go as smoothly. I was thinking either some kind of random accident, an awkward situation, or a violent situation.

-Do you plan on this RP getting grimdark, or gory?

-Do I ask to many questions right after an RP starts?... XD))

OOC: Correction... you have valid questions, actually. I'll try and answer them all in one post! Other than their meeting. In fact, as I may have mentioned, a minecrawler is dependant on its leader's life force. If the leader is dead... the crawler is dead. The intention, obviously, is to suit up, get down there... enter from above, as it is their only weak spot because it can easily be entered, and kill the boss of the place. My intention for their meeting... is after the thing is destroyed, it blows up because the leader had been blown up, sending Dark Star flying from it. He'll be severely injured from being shot on more than one occasion... and most likely will be unconscious, and have a black eye. xD

IC:

Besides the fact that he had been helpless to protect his parents from the last time this had occurred, nothing has made him more enraged than the sight of a second minecrawler. He plans on landing in the heart of the beast, as the tall curved outside walls of the tank are a shiny, almost mirror like surface with a hue of a dark royal blue. Its wheels concealed, and the city exposed on the top most face of the enormous structure. A red strip he can see across the above middle section of the minecrawler... that whole red strip in fact being the minecrawler's radar system. The mass that makes up the red strip gives it the ability to sight out probably an entire planet and the locations of every city on it... even all of the smallest towns. The buildings are a silver yet chrome like texture... the traversable buildings connected by enormous tubes which in fact, are the hallways. These tubes having various twists and turns... sometimes curls, and near the center of the crawler, is the tallest tower in the whole city/tank... that's where the leader will be, but 'tis no guarantee that the pony will land dead center on the tower...

As a dark suited stallion from head to toe in a jet black tight fitting outfit, one whose helmet makes his head look.. pointy, on the front and back. The front part of the helmet in fact being the longest, extending about a foot from his face area, and only around five and a half inches extending from the back of his head, and both ends narrowing to a tip... though not the front tip. As it seems to stop just short of a true point... when looked at directly and carefully, one may find that the tip is actually a rifled hole. One with a diameter of around .308 inches. This black figure seeming to fall out of the sky... out of nowhere it seems. As he falls in a straight and calculated path toward the heart of the minecrawler... the monstrosity of an enormous tank travelling at around 20mph, and with a generalized calculation, the stallion has a good feeling that he'll land somewhere near that tower in the center of everything...

Suddenly, in almost no time at all. Just a few seconds after the pony's re-entry to Earth, the minecrawler's radar had already spotted him... and already considering him to be a major threat, as it is in fact above them, and detects the matter as a living creature... they take no chances. Just then, rockets are launched from the large tank in a group of four, though not firing simultaneously... but firing one after the other in 1 second intervals in a said group of four. The homing rockets racing at their target, but with quick maneuvers in the air, knowing how to manipulate the air flow around his body, he manages to just barely dodge the rockets... causing them to lose their target, and with all the way they had to travel to get to him, they used up a lot of their fuel... but are programmed to detonate when they reach near empty... and in fact explode almost a second after the pony dodges. With the black stallion's current falling speed... he should be down there in around twenty more seconds. As he dives down with the sharpness of a fine blade... slicing through the air with ease, and getting closer and closer to his target...

Meanwhile, the minecrawler had sent a scouting party ahead to make sure that the town they were headed for was safe and free of any defenses... one couldn't be too careful. As a group of blue skinned, armored aliens, five in all, approach the pony populated town...

(OOC: (...oh, so you're just going to destroy the thing on your own?... =3 ...great, okay...))

Sigma stopped in Ponyville and took a quick look around. It wasn't surprising to her that the town wasn't all that busy. It usually wasn't all that crowded when she got into town. It was also an hour after dinner, and was only barely still bright outside. Sigma trotted through the town and tried to find an inn, or some sort of place that might give her free food.

She found a place that looked like a gingerbread house, but after going in and asking for food, she was kicked out with nothing in payment for her attempted freeloading. She sighed and continued trotting through town. Randomly, before making it to a different restaurant, something caught her eye. Some bit of blue combined with orange. Five of these bits, to be exact. She turned her attention to them and blinked hard a few times. They didn't look happy to see her either.

Suddenly, an orange orb flew out of nowhere and landed right into the floor below her. Sigma only had a second to analyze whatever the hay it was with magic before it disappeared. She was quite quick-witted, and after analysis, she concluded that it was some plasma-like substance that would probably kill her on contact. With that in mind, she used her magical-ballistics intelligence and uncovered the direction of the attack to be from the five figures approaching from the far distance.

Sigma quickly formed a fire-barricade with a the paradoxical symbol for matter. Almost before she fully strengthened her shield, another plasma ball landed right on the shield, and almost broke her magic outright. The remaining magical barricade looked kind of like a broken window. Sigma quickly repaired the barricade, and prepared a paradoxical magic-pool on her horn just in case she needed it. These events covered a total time of three seconds.

Sigma was then suddenly barraged with an incredible amount of hits, three per second, of the plasma balls. She could barely repair her barricade fast enough to remain safe, so she decided on a different tactic. She let the barricade break, and instead used her magic to teleport to a more hidden location. From that location, she peeked out of a bush and analyzed the creatures that were attacking her from a very close position.

The creatures apparently were still attacking her dummy-barricade, which made her smile slightly. Distraction accomplished. She analyzed the material in the thing's armor to be very resistant to ballistics, and almost fire-proof. Almost. Everything had a melting point. She also analyzed the devices that they used to shoot plasma out of. She couldn't even begin to describe all the information she got back from her magical measurements, so she depicted them as, 'plasma launchers of high accuracy and range', and left it at that. The total time of these events totaled five seconds.

After all this, Sigma re-charged her near-infinite paradoxical magic pool and started forming a spell to destroy the things. They stopped firing and went to check up on what they had been shooting at, and meanwhile, Sigma completed her spell. Her horn was now glowing very bright from the resistance of the sparks flying from it. With a slight grunt, she got even more magic stored in her horn. She needed a ton to use five of the same spell all at the same time. The creatures in armor quickly noticed the grunt, and turned around. After seeing the pony behind them, they laughed a little and didn't attack. Why would they? She was cute. Total time: 10 seconds.

Sigma said, "...funny eh?..." and grinned menacingly, now fully charged for her spell. She traced the matrix of oxygen around the five creatures and used a bit of her magic to condense it around them for optimal effect. She then took the phosphorus in the air and combined it with a bit of summoned magnesium to create a great bomb-starter. With the rest of her magic, she summoned the most incredible amount of heat that she possibly could in five key areas, all centered right above the creatures, 'heads'. This didn't take too much of her magic energy in itself, but what came next would.

Sigma then used a complex algorithm that she learned in her magic studies to create multiple explosions around those centers of high heat, creating five perfectly synced explosions over the things's heads. She wasn't done with just that though. After this spell was complete, she then summoned five more around each of the five creatures, and did the same with those points as well. She then repeated this one more time, in the very center of the creatures's 'chests' and rendered their armor useless, completely destroying their insides, just in case the armor blocked all the ballistics. These events all related to one intense display of fireworks. It wasn't a big display, but it was sure brighter than anything a powder keg could make work. Total time: 3 seconds.

Sigma then completely dispersed her magic in order to repair damages from the creature's plasma weapons, along with the explosions that she had caused. All that was left of the creatures was a few splats of (blue blood?) and the metal from their armors. The rest of the world was unaffected by their presence. With a slight feeling of victory, Sigma trotted over to further inspect the armor of these creatures, keeping an auto-life spell active over herself just in case there were more of them.

(OOC: (...I typed too much to do so little... =3 ...good night...))

• 1 month later...

OOC:

After quite a while of thinking about this topic... terribly sorry for this, I know this hasn't really kicked off yet, but I see no reason for it to start in the first place anymore. Besides, it isn't worth starting something that nopony is interested in. Sorry everyone, for the trouble. This roleplay will be closed... now to find a way to close this thing. lol