Did you have to give up anything when you became a brony?

Mistfire

• 3 weeks later...

In the wise words of an old friend of mine~

"If your hobby causes you to lose interest or time in your regular life, then it isn't a hobby, is it? It's a lifestyle."

I still live by that quote.

There's really a difference between "giving up" something, and losing interest in it after you've begun something else. I iddn't "give up" watching King of The Hill on Adult Swim at night. No, I lost interest in doing so when I had ponies to watch. (Though Season 2 is over ,and I haven't seen all of the koTH episodes..) I don't let things "intrude" my life, because when they're taken away, what will you have left? How long would it take for you to recover from your loss as compared to it being just a hobby? I'm not here assuming you all have no lives and no free time- no. I'm just saying that you shouldn't, (and hopefully don't) give up anything for a hobby, or "side-interest." Because that would be an extremely bad idea.

The ONLY way I can see it "taking over" your life, is if you were to be able to lvie comfortably off of it. Like if you were allowed to sell your wood art carvings for $1000's a piece. And eventually, that became your "main focus" or your "Job."

Which honestly, I can't see happening with a show like this. No matter how BIG the impact on your life it is / has been, it should NEVER directly change your entire lifestyle.

With that aside, I'd say the only thing I've given up is the comfort of knowing I have 'nothing ot hide." Because i need to hide my Pony folder on my PC, because my older brother, who is here often, is a typical older brother, and until I manage to convert him, I need ot keep it "safely stowed away." so to speak.

Please, I want your opinion on this post, and I need to have a discussion wit hsomeone. I'm so lonely.. :-|

i bet you hate me for forgetting about this topic and not seeing this in time ;3;

well i guess you're right... even tho i miss my old "master cartoonist" style and moved on to ponies, i noticed that my trick work a lot better on ponies than they do on humans

and about that older brother thing, say that everyones doing it nowadays, and he'll get into it eventually either from the start or slowly falling into it

Ever since I became interested in the show, I kind of feel as if my life is rationed. Some for school, personal enjoyment, studies, etc. If it's not that, I just don't want the FiM show to end; I really don't know what would happen if it was cancelled or stopped, I mean I've seen the other MLP generation, but they're all so, different.

boy did you read my mind before i posted this topic? Another reason why i posted this... WHY 3 SEASONS? IT DOESNT FEEL LIKE ITS ENOUGH, ONLY 2 YEARS OF PONIES AND SEVENTY-SOMETHIN EPISODES IS GONNA BE IT? I dont want it to end im scared its gonna go back to the way it was before and then we'll all end up doing and "oh god why"

well... if that DOES happen all i can say is:

It was good while it lasted

THAT IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL! I used to be so interested in this one really long fan fiction on Regular Show, and I didn't want it to end, but it did. I know that feeling of not wanting it to end, I hate it. So, I have successfully stalled myself on the 13th episode of the 2nd season until season 3 comes out. Then I'll continue! Try doing that next time, it makes it so much better,

THAT IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL! I used to be so interested in this one really long fan fiction on Regular Show, and I didn't want it to end, but it did. I know that feeling of not wanting it to end, I hate it. So, I have successfully stalled myself on the 13th episode of the 2nd season until season 3 comes out. Then I'll continue! Try doing that next time, it makes it so much better,

we are wave buddied my good man.... wave buddies