Disaster Without Cause

Manehatten, A populated city of equestria, a major hub for travel, and A popular city to visit. But today would change things thats no pony ever saw coming.

Several ponies of varing ages walked the streets in the early afternoon as the sun gently rose above the skyscrapers. just a normal day for Manehattenites but something shook the ground gently stopping many in the track frighten by the sudden shake. But it didn't stop there and the ground shook violently, Though Magic held the building together it soon was overwhelmed by the forces that shook and split the ground open as screams and neighs of fright echoed across the city. And then the towers of steel magic, and stone dropped from view as Travel come closer watch in fright as the city's towering building started to drop and fall. The earth shook for a long hour before the ground settled again. Though as a whole Equestria did not feel this quake Those who witness the event were confused, shocked, and scared.

Soon after the event Equestria REA was mobilized, and any and all ponies able too were called to help.

"To any able, and willing, Manehatten is in serious need of help, Any Unicorn with ability to Lift objects heavier then themselves, Strong Earth ponys, and Pegasus with hawk like eyesight, must all report to Canterlot To help in the resuce and recovery of Manehatten. Any able ponies help will be accepted." The letter was sent to every town and home in Equesetria.

Sketch stood with his small group of Earth ponies, Pegasui, and Unicorns Clad in light leather armor. His group the Shielding Hooves were called upon to help with the Disaster in Manehatten. Waiting for the others to arrive as more and more able body ponies arrived to Canterlot, and to the main courtyard.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few miles away from the city there was a lone Pegasus, Raven Wind, that was running wildly through the forest, getting away from the cave that he had woken up in a short while ago.

Still scared of being followed by an unseen for Raven Wind blindly dashed through the forest. It registered in his mind that he wasn't familar with this area at all,but at this point he didn't care, he only cared about getting as far away from those strangers in the cave as possible. He was beyond gratefull that whatever those strange unicorns had done to him it had taken all of their strength just to set him free.Unfortunately, he was still pretty out of it, feeling as though he hadn't moved in days, Raven Wind didn't know how much more he could take in such a weaken state. If he ran into any trouble, or worse those strange unicorns again, he wouldn't be able to fight back this. Trying to push the dread and ever growing fear away, Raven Wind tried looking at the positive side of things; he was free from that nasty petrify spell and he was he was safe. For now anyways.

However, even though he was out of danger for now his mind was far from at peace. His thoughts were racing wildly with so many questions; I thought I had been petrified? How did those ponies even break that spell? Who were they anyways? What were they even planning on doing with me?

He wasn't able to ponder those questions for long as he was finally able to break through the forest, Raven Wind was fortunate enough to find a dirt road that appeared to have had many ponies traveled on it recently. Raven Wind sigh in relief, having hope errupt through him as he quietly whispered, Thank goodness, hopefully I'll be able to finally rest soon and figure out what in the name of Equestria is going on here. Trusting the road to lead him to civilization, Raven Wind galloped onward towards Manehatten, not knowing the tragedy that layed waiting for him in the city.

Snapshot looked at the bleak landscape in front of him. "I don't even know where to begin," he murmured to himself. After joining up with the rest of the task force, an official had decided that Snapshot put his photography skills to use to motivate more ponies to help the cause. The only problem, he saw, was that there was too much wreckage to show in just a couple of photos. He would have to get creative with this one.

Taking a few pictures of the mane street, he then worked his way towards the outskirts of the city, trying to find a higher vantage point. He found one after a few minutes, and climbed the hill until he could see the entire skyline. Adjusting the focus, he pressed the shutter and promptly ran back into town with what he had at the time. Handing them to the official, he spoke over his panted breaths, "Use them as needed. Is there anything else I could do?"

"Yes," the pony replied. "Join them." He pointed his hoof at a group of ponies in light leather armor. Snapshot nodded, and went over to the pony who seemed to be leading the group.

"I've been told to assist you. Just tell me what to do and I'll do it," He told the pony.

Cedar got the letter somehow and now he was leather clad and ready to use his magic.He had woke up early that morning and tried some spells even with his curse he had found ways to use it to his advantage.Cedar was ready to work.

Meanwhile Rainy Splash was staring at the wreckage worriedly.That shure is alot of stuff.And think about all those ponies that got hurt!Good thing I got that letter.He thought to himself wiping a tear from his eye.Rainy strecthed his wings.

Eagle Eye coughed as he helped his brother Show&Tell out of the wreckage. Show was injured and needed medical help.

"Hows your leg?" Show winced as he replyed

"It hurts like Hey bro!" Eagle nodded as he helped him up

"Come on lets get you to help then we need to find Lucky and Wine." Show nodded as the headed down the wrecked street not sure where help could be.

Draco looked out at the wreckage of Manehatten.

"I can help..." he said as he headed into the city

Cedar was getting nervous.If I use my magic.....No!It's worth it I might save lives.While risking your own?Remember the curse Cedar!Hey shut up.Cedar shook his head no time to think that way he might slip.

Rainy Splash spotted a few ponies near some wreckage.One looked hurt."Hey are you guys okay?I'm comin' down."Rainy flew down and trotted to the ponies one was clearly dearly hurt."Oh sweet Celestia!Are you okay?I'll bring you guys to some help if you want."He said kindly.

When Raven Wind had imagined what it would be like coming into the town this was far from what he had imagined. The city was over populated by crumbled buildings of some kind and everything he could see was in some kind of ruin. "How long was I out for?", Raven Wind thought numbling. He couldn't even being to grasp how long it had taken to make this place, just to have it all destroyed somehow. He needed anwsers and fast before he feared he would start going crazy from everything that has been happening to him.

He spoted a pegasus near some wreckage talking to some ponies and went over to the group. He directed his attention to the pegasus trying to talk with the group and Raven Wind asked, "Excuse me I really need your help can you, " before he could finish his sentence he spotted the critically injured pony. "Dear Equestria! What happened to you!?"

Eagle looked up at the pegasus who spoke

"Yes that would be great if you could lead us to help." that was when the other one spoke up and promptly freaked out makeing Show laugh and say

"oh nothin too bad i was sleeping when it happened and the apartment fell in on me that's all." he said as if it happened all the time

Draco saw somepony hiding in a bush

"Do you need help?" he said as he came up from behind

Cedar noticed the pony in the bushes.Maybe she is hurt maybe I could help.He thought.Cedar walked over to the bush and made the bush turn back into a seed with his magic.Then searing pain ran through his head and through his horn."OWWWWW!Dam.Oooh sorry Miss.Are you okay?Why are you here?"Cedar was terrified about that pain he never tried to turn plant to a seed it was usally the other way around.

Rainy Splash held the ingured ponys shoulders."I'm going to get you to a doctor okay?"He said worriedly.Then a stallion ran up to hima nd aksed if he needed help."Yeah could you help me carry this one to a doctor."

Cedars eyes widened."Oh my!"He ran to her and picked her up.Cedar looked around and yelled to the pony that was watching"You go get a doctor."He said then he tried to wake up the "unconsious" pony.He shook her then he knew what to do."This better be worth it."He said.Cedar used his magic to grow a plant beside him that had herbs that would help.He knew this because well he tried to get as much as he could out of his curse.

Cedar smushed up the herbs and started to put them in the pretty ponies mouth."Come on!!!Wake up!I don't to witness a death.Wait.Oh sweet Luna I'm dumb.Youre just hungry."Cedar then turned the herb plant into a apple tree with ripe apples on it he bucked the tree and a few apples fell off.Cedar then picked up one and mushed it up.He then put the mush into the ponys mouth.He picked up another apple and started munching on it.Waiting for the hungry pony to wake up.

Cedar noticed the green one came back."Oh sorry sir but it wasn't that bad she was just hungry but we should keep that."He said as he took the kit and put it in his saddle bags.Then he helped up the now consious pony."Hi!My name is Cedar.Like the tree and who are you two?"Cedar asked kindly.

Cedar rubbed the back of his head nervously.He blushed a little."Oh uh sorry about the apple stuff I was trying to help you.Uh it might be kinda wierd that some random pony was taking care of you but..."He noticed that Sigma was staring at him.Cedar just slowly looked away.Smooth moves casanova!"Hey shut up me!"He said angrily to his head which gained him another strange looks from the ponies.Cedar just facehoofed.

"Apartment? What in the hay is that?"thought Raven Wind bemusingly. Shaking his head Raven Wind pushed that thought away for now to deal with the more urgent matter at hoof. "It doesn't matter where you were sleeping your still badly hurt, even if you're being an idiot for treeting it like a small scratch." Quickly, Raven Wind started helping the pegasus getting the hurt pony out of the rubble. "By the way, I don't think I got either one of your names."

(Sorry for the long wait, I didn't think I get this many post so quickly ^^)

Sketch was giving orders to begin there search of the ruin city, a makeshift hospital was being set up on the outskirts of town leading towards Canterlot. A white flag with a red cross flapped above the multiple tented area, showing that this was the place to come for aid. Sketch and his Shields were ready to help But without clear order in to do so It would do more harm than good. "Begin with spoting out Survivers on the street and start leading them here, The first responders will help those in immediate need or can fly them here. The Unicorn will move there the city Street by Street, but If You find survivors trapped, mark the building by magical Flare, and radio in where the building is. We have alot of space to cover and Not alot of time my brothers and sister. Fly fast and Make sure you miss nothing" Sketch waved them off and sighed Looking to Unicorn called in to help, Many having never thinking this could ever happen. "Alright Everyone, this is going to be tough, but We are going to go to each building begin removing rubble if life is found there, If we find nothing we move onto the next building...." Sketch Spoke grimly, knowing that In many so many life were gone. "Remember to take breaks in your lifting, and don't over exhaust yourself, we need as many unicorns moving rubble out of the way as possible for as long as we can, the quicker we move that rubble the faster we can save lives..."

Sketch Looked out onto the ruin city as Injuried ponies started to appears on the roads moving towards the tent hospital. He tried to put on a smile but nothing moved on his lips and He spoke with a heavy heart. "Move out!" The pegasus were in the air searching, and The unicorn moved to the first building with Sketch.Each Lowered their heads and a large slab of Flooring glowed with them as Sketched called out. "Alright One! Two....THREE!" and with a might pull of telekinesis the Slab lifted slowly and cracked and crumbled under its own weight but the magic held firm and exposed a small chamber of a surviving floor of the building. The slab was set aside and released with a thunderous thud to the now stable ground.

The Pegasui Flew about watching the ground of other ponies injuriecd and wondering the ruin streets. "ANYPONY THERE!!!" they would call out as they flew low in the now quiet street of Manehatten. Cloudmaker watched as he flew over a small group of ponies near the Hospital, Slowly he dove and landed with a alert and worried stare at the falling pony he now notices was alright. "Is everypony alright?" Cloud Maker asked as He eyed each with a quick medical glance, eyeing wounds and fluttering his wings to keep them ready for flight. "I'm Couldmaker First Responder of the Shielding Hooves, I'm here to help..."

Cedar then noticed the weak unicorns."Lets go help those weaklings come on!"He said trying to sound powerful which wasn't really a lie.Then he tried to walk like a bad boy since he wanted to impress Sigma.But Cedar really didn't know much about mares.

Meanwhile Rainy Splash and the other pony where dragging the hurt one to the hospital."I'm Rainy Splash by the way."He said.