Disaster Without Cause

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sketch and two other trotted cautiously into the hole there exposed and with a magical glow searched inside. "Anypony alive down here..?" He called as the what remained of the ceiling crumbled gently as they walked on a weaken floor. A few weak neighs could be heard and the three started to carefully moved towards them. "Don't move, stay put, if you move too much It might collapse onto us all!" Sketch called back as spread out slowly testing each step before placing weight upon it. Each Eyes darting about search for a safe path to walk and to find the injured. "Hold on we are coming!"

Outside Several Unicorn each took turns Lifting rubble from the nearby buildings as the small group arrived near the edge of the city. More Pegasui flew over head and into the city as Cloudmaker took off see that he wasn't really need and ignored pretty much. "Rudeness of some ponies..." he grumbled and return his main duty to find other and lead them towards the hospital set up for them.

As the small groups loked down upon the hard working Unicorns and in an element that they weren't used too, Sketch and his companion emerged from the opening with a limp mare and a colt on his back HIs friend had a pony on each back as they stepped into the sunlight though a loud crack of stone and steel shatter across the air itself. THe far wall of what remained of the build slowly fell towards the gathered group of Digger and medics. In a panic the Unicorn and Pegasus ran away in fear of being crushed, But Sketch stood his ground and with a powerful neigh an aura surrounding the towering slab of stone and steel. his companions step up beside him adding to his aura. The injured were lift by the same aura that held the towering slab in place and Lay each in stretchers. "YOU THERE! Get these ponies out of the area and to the Hospital NOW! we can hold the slab!" He let out a command to the group that had moments before criticized the rescuers. As the tower itself began to crackle and crumble from the aura, making it smaller and smaller, some of the rubble started to be moved away with one unicorns aura. The bulk of the unicorns here weren't used to lifting more then a small animal or A small objects, Never thought the need to lift anything more. But these three unicorn could hold up and bottom half of an apartment building, Lifted four ponies to stretchers nearby, start breaking the remains of the building, and moving them away from the group.

Cedar waved Sigma closer and made shure nopony was in earshot."Well I have this thing it's called a curse I think.I can't do normal magic like other unicorns.My magic only works on plants and if I use my magic too much one day I'll just keel over and die.Please don't tell anypony it's very embarresing.I only told you because I'd kinda like to hang out with you."Cedar said hopefully giving Sigma a friendly enough smile.

Sketch glared with a cold stare as he walked slowly to Cedar, and Sigma Stepping up and stood a head taller than both of them. "I suggest You move to the hospital if you are Injured? If not You can either help us move rubble, help the others injured to the Hospital, Or Move to Canterlot by the road..." his expression flat as He stared at each with a commanding stare as more unicorns made their way inside the hole. "I will not suggest that You stand here and do nothing, You will anger more than one pony here if you remain." A passing Unicorn shot a glare to the pair and walked on to start lifting rubble for a neighboring building without a word. "Your both Unicorn I say You make the best of it and help out here, Manehatten surely needs it.." Sketch's expression sadden as he looked about the the current state of ruin. Before shooting his gaze at them again. "Make good use of your powers, whatever they maybe.." Sketch trotted away to start directing and helping move more rubble. A Pegasus flew over head again leading several limping or carried ponies to the hospital nearby. "We Need a Med Kit here Coalheart!" A coal black Unicorn with several pouched hanging to the side, with a big red cross across each dashed passed Sigma, and Cedar.

"Aye I hear ya Sketch!" An Irish accented unicorn yelled back as a pair of Pegasus with the same pouch followed Coalheart. A third pegasus landed in front of the pair and glanced them over.

"Either of you hurt? Yes or no?"

((OOC: I just realized that Sketch got back. Sorry I took so long))

So much of the work was physically draining. Snapshot soon realized the obvious truth. "I'm out of shape," he said to himself. Of course, that didn't mean he couldn't help out. He was still more than capable of moving the rubble, and also took pictures of places where the rescue team still needed to look. Sending the pictures to the team leader, he would then go about his business clearing more of the rubble and wiping his forehead from the sweat that was now dripping down his face.

He did realize that there were still plenty of ponies that they wouldn't be able to save, however, he tried to put that thought at the back of his mind and focus on the job at hand. He also knew that he would probably be the one who would have to take pictures for the obituar- Oh Celestia I'm going insane, he thought.

Cedar blushed emarresed but then followed Sigma."I'm sticken to you because your really the only one I know plus you know my worst secret."Cedar said and then started helping Sigma pick up blocks by growing vines from the pave ment and controlling the vines like snakes but eh needed to take many breaks.

((Hey I'm gonna make something happen in the next post I make just sayin.))

Cedar tried helping he really did.But Sigma just kept burning his plants.Of course Cedar wasn't one to give up though.He made some rough bark pop up from the ground to cover his vines as they come up.At least I get to work beside the most beautiful pony I've ever seen.He thought.

So much of the work was physically draining. Snapshot soon realized the obvious truth. "I'm out of shape," he said to himself. Of course, that didn't mean he couldn't help out. He was still more than capable of moving the rubble, and also took pictures of places where the rescue team still needed to look. Sending the pictures to the team leader, he would then go about his business clearing more of the rubble and wiping his forehead from the sweat that was now dripping down his face.

He did realize that there were still plenty of ponies that they wouldn't be able to save, however, he tried to put that thought at the back of his mind and focus on the job at hand. He also knew that he would probably be the one who would have to take pictures for the obituar- Oh Celestia I'm going insane, he thought.

Sketch Smiled and another unicorn with the same Leather armor helped him move rubble, an earth pony walked by giving quick drink to keep the rescue efforts running. the juice help keep them alert and active as well as tasted great to the tastebuds. Soon the first building was cleared of rubble enough to allow medics in and get out injured.

"Lets move to the next building friend, the Blue stallion unicorn said with a grin as he wasn't sweating yet, but with help it put less stress on his magic. The stallion said to Snapshot as he galloped to the next building next to the hotel.

Sigma looked at Cedar and nodded in acknowledgement. Of course, a friend. Sure. That would work well. The last friend she had got burned to death from one of her, 'outbursts'. She'd just abandon him as soon as she was done at this town. Or, at least until she finished this hotel.

With another grunt, she focused her magic densely around the hotel building itself, and focused hard. This was the part where the magical strings connecting her horn to the building, the invisible ones, started to try weighing her down. She countered them with more complex formations of levitation magic, and got a ton of efficiency, but lifting up a seven hundred ton pile of rubble was still incredibly hard. After a minute, she finally got the entire building weightless, allowing her to lift it from it's spot on the ground.

This part was the most crucial. Cutting the rubble to save the ponies inside. She couldn't just leave the hotel floating there too long, or the ponies inside would either burn to death from the barriers she set up, or Sigma might lose all her strength and let the structure fall accidentally, letting them get crushed. She was too professional to let either of these things happen, and she already had cutting paths set up. She frowned again, and her horn lit up even more, the aura around it now darkening in color and growing so dense that it was physically weighing her down slightly.

Her horn flashed again, and suddenly, a few perfectly directed waves of fiery light slashed across the rubble. She quickly separated the different sections of the rubble. There were at least a hundred pieces of what used to be a fairly whole hotel. She multi-tasked her magic, and used the barriers to get the other seven ponies safely to the ground on the spot where the hotel used to lay. All the while, she was starting to disintegrate the stone and rubble in her magical grasp, generating heat and energy from it, and using that energy to make her magic more powerful. She loved the reintegrate matter spell.

What it looked like to whatever pony was watching, was as follows. Sigma frowned and had her eyes firmly shut as her horn glowed similarly to a spotlight. The rubble she held in the air was quickly turning from stone, wood, metal, and glass, into ashes and dirt. The ponies who were originally trapped in the rubble were now laying in a small, empty crater, more-or-less unharmed. Finally, Cedar's vines were burnt to cinders, with little to nothing remaining from his original efforts to lift the small pebbles which were now burning in the sky.

Of course, all this magic didn't simply have no toll on Sigma. She nearly fainted from exhaustion midway through, but through her spell to destroy the rubble, she was able to recover her energy back. She deposited the remains of the rubble into a small pile next to the crater, and then started trotting away, ignoring everything around her. She knew it might've looked showy to the other ponies, so she decided to maybe tone it down a little on her next task. She had her gaze set on a smaller pile of rubble that represented a destroyed house.

As Sketch went to work planning and working to move rubble He Glanced and watched as Sigma and Cedar went to the nearby hotel, and though for the first moment he thought nothing of it. But When the entire remains of the hotel glowed with an orange aura, Sketch jumped and He rushed over to Sigma and Cedar's side. His horned glowed warmly. "Well well Your not so useless after all" He teased as he put his effort into the building allow Sigma to work on destructing the building bit by bit. Sketch was impressed to say the least, By the strength of both Unicorns, As one seem to have the caring magic over the growth of plants and the other finer grasp on matter itself. "Don't worry about atomizing the rubble, simply move it to the street, and Your not alone here..." Sigma, and Ceder both felt the tension of their magic lift slowly as their both were encased in different colored auras, from two other unicorns from behind. The aura invigorated them and gave them a small energy boost Each would give a grin as they closed their eyes focusing their magic to boost the others. Cedar's plants glowed and stopped burning completely, and Sigma's magic's heat cooled and became more stable as the ponies were floated down to waiting medic ponies.

Sketch took a deep breath as his horn stopped glowing, His eyes looked to Sigma, and then Cedar, before he half smiled. "Next time, ask for help, You never know what you have on hoof" Sketch returned to figuring out if the first building had been cleared, before moving to the next building and began to scan it with magic.

((Hey I'm gonna make something happen in the next post I make just sayin.))

((Perfectly fine as Long as You make it realistic ^^ I am curious now what you have in mind ^^))

Cedar was sweating and his horn felt like it was lit on fire.Tears formed in his eyes.God it hurt just to use a little magic.Then he heard creaking and the sound of rubble fallinghe noticed that a whole room from the next building was sliding off and heading atraight towards him Sigma and the survivors.If I let it fall we'll all be dead.If I break it I might die!Cedar then stood his ground and as soon as the room slid off he used his magic to grow a very big vine from the ground to stop the floor and as the vins slowly sunk back into the ground Cedar collasped.

Cedar was sweating and his horn felt like it was lit on fire.Tears formed in his eyes.God it hurt just to use a little magic.Then he heard creaking and the sound of rubble falling he noticed that a whole room from the next building was sliding off and heading atraight towards him Sigma and the survivors.If I let it fall we'll all be dead.If I break it I might die!Cedar then stood his ground and as soon as the room slid off he used his magic to grow a very big vine from the ground to stop the floor and as the vines slowly sunk back into the ground Cedar collasped.

A medic quickly Rushed to Cedar side before checking her over physically before encasing him in an aura. The other Unicorns started to remove the fallen wall that Cedar help block. As more Ponies did what they could to help. Sketch uncovered a Hole leading to a opening below, HIs horned glowed as as one Earth pony slowly made her way inside with a medic pouch

Sigma nodded at the unicorns who helped her out and frowned slightly. She was a bit relieved for the help, but she was also a bit angry that they hadn't even asked. She was using personal spells, for a single unicorn to use. With their assistance, her magic became overloaded, and she lost even more energy than she normally did to attempt to re-adjust her efficiency to account for the power of the other unicorns.

After a brief second, she heard a near bye stress sound. A building was collapsing towards them. She prepared to use a explosion spell to completely destroy the piece of rubble before it hit them, but she was interrupted by a large vine shooting up out of the ground next to her and catching the heavy room, barely stopping it's momentum before it hit the ground. She wasted no time, having heard the thud of Cedar collapsing. She ran around the protruding greenery and used a magic spell to quickly launch the unicorn onto her back. Thanks for 'saving' me again, she thought.

After getting out from under the building, she placed the unicorn down for a medic pony to collect, and looked back at the room. Her next target. She started her adjusted spelunker spell again, and found one heat signature in the room. She decided that it wasn't worth an intercom spell with just one possible pony, so she put a magic barrier around the heat signature and focused hard on the building again. After a few seconds of hard thought, she made sure not to over-adjust her magic again, in case those other annoying unicorns tried to help again, and she threw the different wall, ceiling and floor slabs towards the ground, holding the barrier with the heat signature inside.

She saw that the heat-signature was a pony, and smiled. Good thing she didn't blow up the room. She gently placed the pony on the ground next to the vine and focused on the slabs of rubble again. She didn't have a massive quantity of rubble now either, so she used a slightly quicker, 'waste to energy' spell. The rubble on the ground glew again in that distinctive reddish color, and it split into dust. Pure, well grounded dust. Sigma was using her magic to cut the slabs in hundreds of different places per square inch.

Of course this was costly to her magic energy. She restored what she lost from chopping the stone from the energy she got from burning it into dirt and ash. After a few seconds, what used to be a large pile of rubble was now a neat mound of ashy dirt. Sigma looked over and saw a medic pony had already taken care of Cedar and the pony she saved, so she wondered if she should stay a bit longer. This was fun! She was getting to destroy stuff without being told not to! Well, not yet at least. If she screwed up even slightly, she'd probably kill somepony anyways. She frowned again and looked for her next target.

Sketch glared at Sigma. "Remember that some of the other building are standing only because of other building next to them! If one vanishes, the other loses its support....If you scanning for life make your scans wider to include the neighboring buildings....Otherwise we might lose more than we already have!" Sketch shouted as He started to slowly remove rubble chunk by chunk. There was a reason, why they were removing so little at a time, and It was make sure that no more were killed off by foolish moves like the hotel. Cedar was taken away by Coalheart As the pair of unicorns Help stabilize the fainted unicorn. more injured were removed. It was then the other side of the hotel neighboring building caved in on the last few medical ponies. "By Celestia!" Sketch Turned and aim his horn to the falling debris as it glowed it simply vanished from sight in a snap and flash. He wobbled and fell to one knee. The debris fell with the rest of the neatly piled ash and rubble.

"Captain!" Coalheart rushed back over as the medical ponies finally clear out the injured from the hotel.Sketch weakly stood as teleport that much rubble so suddenly knocked the wind from him. "I suggest You be more mindful of your surrounding you bucket!" Coalheart threw his spite into his words as he aided Sketch back to his hooves. The earth pony returned with a pair of colts, and moved them away from the area.as Sketch shook his head and recovered his might as he returned to Lifting more rubble from the building he started as the earth pony and a unicorn came to search the opening again

Brown Lily was trotting towards Manehatten.Brown Lily was very late but at least she got there.Lily went straight to the hospital."Hello guys.Ahm ere to help the medics."She said with an accent.

Inside the makeshift hospital several Nurse rushed about and Doctors moved several gravely injured ponies to isolated sections. A older looking earth pony Stallion with a tannish coat, walked over, looked over Lily and then to his patient that groan painfully. "What are you skilled at missy?" He asked as he wrapped a burned leg and checked his IV bag. "Its alright this medicine will help just rest and don't move lad" The doctor spoke softly easing the injured pony before He move to the next bed. Motioning her to follow as MOre and more kept coming in through the tent door.

Brown Lily followed the doctor carefully while watching him work with the patients."Well ah don't do much work in medicine cause ahm a botonist.I do basic first aid stuff and if you need I know which plants are okay to eat and what plants will kill you as soon as they land on your tounge."She said carefully trying not to block the ponies rushing around.