The Dream World

Grey Matter, having been groggy and totally out of it until now, shook himself awake. Well, not awake, per se, but conscious. He saw some strange, and some familiar, ponies. Somehow, he had a feeling they all recognized him, ir at least had tried to speak to him. He did the polite thing.

"Oh, hello everypony," he said in a british accent. This was queer, as he had been born and raised in Fillydelphia, and had rarely ever head a pony with a british accent. "Well bullocks, I haven't the foggiest what is happening."

Be was trying to talk normally, but the more he tried, the more british it sounded. Words he was not saying were coming out of his mouth, made more britishy. "Ah well, nkthing better to do than embrace, right mates?"

Bowie looked beside him and saw that the other ponies had decided to fight with him and said, "You are all brave to come to my aid, I am the hero of Granseal, and sealed him away! I will send him back!". Giving a smile he charged forward and held his blade aloft as a bolts of lightning burst forth from the blade.

Zeon took the full brunt of the lightning barrage and laughed, "YOU'LL HAVE TO DO BETTER THAN THAT, BOWIE.". opening his mouth, a stream of evil spirits blasted from the mouth of Zeon in a torrent that threw Bowie backwards.

"Oh great, it breaths evil souls." Nox laughed, "And here I thought the rest of my life was going to be dull!" Nox stood tall before the beast and began to grow even taller. "Listen here you great lizard, my name Luminox Centurion, guardian of this world and worse things than you have tried to destroy this world." Nox was talking down to the monster.

Grey Matter decided to silently agree with everypony, and look as threatening as he can. He knew that, with his newly british voice, this would be difficult if he said anything. He could, however, not contain his laughter when Nox began to patronize the monster, and began laughing in typical british manner.

"Haha! Tea. Bwahahaha, crumpets! Cheerio and all that. Mwahehehe."

The monster looked at Grey and spoke. It too had a british accent this time, one it had not had before.

"I do say, quite a show there pal. Did you see the race this afternoon? Quite alright if you did not."

"Dammit, what would Bala-, I mean, other me do? Umm.... Balance 1 was generally known as the creative one, so Balance 2 was having trouble. However, the other Balance's voice started going through his head. Seems we can still hear thoughts. Makes sense in this dream world.

Balance! I need a creative fighting idea!

Don't worry, I've thought of this a thousand times. Since this is a dream, why not make up a spell, perhaps one that causes your words to inflict burning pain?

Sounds perfect!

Balance 2's horn glowed a dark blue, as his throat went red. He then started to speak. "Great Beast! I am Balance Scales, bringer of Justice! No evil shall escape justice, and Justice is me!" His voice began echoing, and the beast appeared to be redder, and Balance hoped that meant it was in pain. He gave a grin of pride, assuming that the beast would soon be defeated.

Bowie got back on his hooves and said to the growing Nox, "You shouldn't have done that..." as cracks spread out and the rift widened, allowing the demon to rise up enough that his shoulders peaked through and replies to the other ponies, "YOU DARE DEFY ME!!? BOWIE'S BLADE IS THE ONLY THING THAT WILL KEEP ME FROM ENDING YOU ALL!!!". Opening his mouth once more, Zeon took a massive bite at Nox and then turned his head and raked the room with Demonbreath as Bowie lifted the sword with a pained groan and charged through the breath to deliver a swift stroke to the jaw. Zeon roared in pain and sent forth a wave of devils on the shifting ground.

"That's a rather stupid monster, telling us his weakness. I mean, now I can copy that sword and it should be as powerful, considering the fact that he isn't the original beast but a nightmarish incarnation created within the mind of... this pony, therefore with his weakness, copy's made within the minds of others should work. But perhaps the swords must be made from the mind of the user of this weapon.... I'm thinking too much. And talking out loud. Why am I talking out loud!?" He remembered that he didn't put his spell down, so he was only causing the demon to become more angry. There was a split second were the spell caused the demons skin to rupture, but it healed right away. Balance knew not even he could talk long enough to keep him ripped apart. "I suppose SOMEPONY should use that damn sword on it sometime!"

Meanwhile, Balance 1 and Twilight believed they had run far enough from the monster, so they slowed down a lot. "Alright, we should be safe. Just don't think of anything ba-" Balance couldn't have said anything worse, because as he was saying it, he remembered the worst part of his recurring dream; the killer. A large, muscular mare suddenly jumped through the ground, blood red mane and night black coat. The cutie mark was very blurry, Balance knew his mind never came up with one. "Run filly!" They ran off in a random direction, Balance hoping to Celestia that the pony wasn't chasing them.

(Just creating something for the other characters to do

;-) )

"A pony in a dream of mine, I'll explain later!" Balance yelled out of fear. He was usually a pony to keep calm, but this pony was his worst fear. He knew that his natural fight or flight response would help him run away. He looked back, and saw that the mare was still chasing them. Rationally... rationally.... Thinks things through rationally.... "Filly! Turn towards the house over there, I have a plan! Balance changed his direction towards large building, which Balance recognized as the court house he woke up in.

With all these ponies telling him what to do without knowing the whole tale behind Zeon caused him to snap and shout, "AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" as he raised the sword like he had done before in reality and brought it down onto Zeon, causing the demon to collapse into the rift. Spent from sealing it, Bowie dropped to his knees.

"NNNNOOOOOO!!!! IT CANNOTBE!!!!, Zeon shouted out of the rift as it fell out of the dream.

Runner stared at the demon as it disappeared. When it had fallen into the rift all of it's souls had fallen back with it.

"Well, that was wasn't too hard."

He hadn't even done anything to stop the beast and here it was, gone from the dream world. He wondered what had happened to his sister and the other balance. He turned to balance 2.

"Hey, you split yourself if half right? Does that mean you know where the other half went?"

"Hmm? Oh, yes, let's go with that. I just need a moment here." Hey, Balance, where are you, this pony want to know.

Get somepony over here! She's chasing us!

She? Wait, you don't mean...

Yes! Just help us! We're heading to the courthouse, but we might not make it!

"They're having troubles. A dangerous pony from our nightmare is chasing us- err, them. We need to go to where the court is, which may be a while from here."

"Follow me, old chap. I used to loiter aside the courthouse in my days in Trottingham. I believe a young man named Jack was on trial, he had done terrible terrible things. Moving on, follow me. And mind the London fog!" Grey Matter said britishly. This is getting worse, he thought. He must find a way to stop talking britishly, he felt it was getting on everyponies nerves. He had never even been to Trottingham in his life!

I'm sure other Balance would find that accent hilarious.

Good, he's not listening to my thoughts.

"I think this court was in Hoofington, since our minds have never been any other places. Then again, it could be anything or anywhere, considering this unusual world." Balance 2 was still very skeptical of the whole situation, but he wasn't one to disbelieve something without decisive evidence against it. They started walking, with fog beginning to come in. He had questions for Grey, about this 'Jack' pony, and this 'London' that he spoke of, but he heard yelling in the distance. "I believe we're near your sister."