Need advice on writing SHORT story

I love writing, and I've wanted to write a MLP fanfic for a while now. The only problem that I'm having is that I want to take a break from the way I normally write and do something short for a change. However, there's one big problem with that ambition. Up 'til now, the shortest story that I've ever written has been twelve pages long, and that was a bit of an anomoly. Normally I can't write anything under twenty without feeling that it's hopelessly inadequite. I just feel that I'm unable to set the scene well enough in that little space. I also have a bit of a bad habit about writing NSFW stuff, even when I don't intend to make the story mature in the first place (and I REALLY don't want to do that to any of the ponies). I'd like it if someone here might give me some advice on writing a story that fits the following criteria:

Under 3 pages (hopefully around 1000 words)

Romantic, but in a tender, fluffy way

Not hopelessly depressing

Not evil (This is also a big problem. Often when I'm writing I'll get this crazy grin (yes, I really do), then something really bad/awkward will happen to the characters. My friends say that I'm scary when I'm like that.)

If someone could just give me some advice on how to do that, I'd be really grateful.

Ok. You want it short, light on the shipping, not evil, and not NSFW.

So, first I'd come up with a general concept. I usually write a one or two sentence overview like: "Twilight Sparkle casts a a spell to find her ideal special somepony. She then finds out that her friend (insert name) is actually her ideal match."

Then I'd expand from there. Three pages isn't going to give you much leeway to create a story. That's why I don't go by page limits. when I'm done with everything I want a character to do or say or when a plot looks wrapped up, the story ends whether it's a page or twenty pages.

Try to choose a small happenning, like a dinner talk or something, remember, you can write or publish a extended "director's cut" later, so nothing must be hopelessly lost. And try to have fun!

Important: "Well written characters think by themselves, NOT."... Keep your leash tight! Avoid your characters to act like horses on a parade...

Thanks! Normally I don't put page limits on myself, but this time I want to give myself a little bit of a challenge and try something I haven't done before. I'm hoping to be able to right a short story that's still good while being less that three pages. I'll be sure to try your suggestions, plus any others that people might have.

Under 3 pages (hopefully around 1000 words)

Romantic, but in a tender, fluffy way

Not hopelessly depressing

Not evil (This is also a big problem. Often when I'm writing I'll get this crazy grin (yes, I really do), then something really bad/awkward will happen to the characters. My friends say that I'm scary when I'm like that.)

If someone could just give me some advice on how to do that, I'd be really grateful.

Yeah Im with parker something like a successful first date to show true feelings just starting to blossom keeps it short and light. Oh and pinkie pie never fails to make a situation bright so she makes a great fail-safe in case the situation starts going down hill in your head :D