Under a tree, beneath the tree, anypony want to sit with me? (OPEN)

Inuchan

Breathing almost silently, a lime-greenish mare lay at the base of a tree, her flank resting gently against the tall, silvery birch trunk. Huffing, she shook her wings, freeing them of any residual moisture from her flight. Her name was Sour Lemonade, a quiet pony who mainly kept to herself, sometimes making a fresh jug of what she had been named for, or eating something sour, or even sketching something on a scrap-book. Shaking her head, she calmly fixed her medium-green mane so it was neat and gentle against her forehead and down the back of her neck. Another mediocre day for a job-less pegasus.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it had been a long night of flying, the cloaked cactus green pegasus had flown through the night to get where he was now and boy was he tired. the Pegasuses name was Draco, he set himself up so he could lean against the tree and nopony would see his wings, he had no idea there was another Pegasus near him.

Nova Wing, the snow white pegasus with a black and navy colored mane was doing his rounds as mail pony, a job that he did not because he enjoyed it, but because the pay was decent, and he had a few friends, including one grey mare with wall eyes, that worked there. He was flying towards Ponyville to punch his time card, as his route ended rather early today. He decided that he could go take a nap under one of the trees nearby. He landed near a group of birches and laid down under the shade that the tree provided. He had not noticed the Green mare yet, but as he laid down to take a nap, he saw her and waved at her, trying to get her attention.

Marshmallow Moon, a white earth pony with a dark-blue-and-lavender-striped mane, was trotting across a field. She wore a simple saddlebag across her back that covered her cutie mark. Every few steps she'd reach in and pull out something chocolate-looking, flip it into her mouth, and munch away happily.

She had just gotten off work at Sofas and Quills and was feeling pretty good about life in general, even though she had to walk all the way home through Whitetail Wood, which (due to her plump physique and tendency to get distracted) usually took her an hour. Today, as she clopped along, she noticed a small gathering of pegasi near a tree. She wondered what they were doing and, as usual, curiosity pushed her to find out. She headed towards them, whistling.

Snowy, a sky-blue Pegasus, rests overhead on a low floating cloud close to the group of the lounging ponies. She yawned softly as she curled up on the fluffy material beneath her. Snowy planned to enjoy her lazy day to the fullest.

Cloud got up, still a dizzy from hitting his head, he saw three green mares before, "Wow, you and your sisters are so identical." He smiled dizzily, "I'm Cloud, who might you three be?" He fell over.

The light green pegasus looked up, her large darker green eyes flicking around, eventually falling to a white pegasus stallion.

"Yes, good afternoon?" She said quietly, having now noticed him and then looking back down to her hooves, which she clopped together absently. Sour Lemonade looked forward, to one side of this white pegasus, to see another white mare, with a dark-blue and lavender mane, one who seemed plumper than the average pony.

"To you too." She said even more quietly, dipping her head, and bringing it back up, only to catch sight of a blue-ish stallion.

"Sour.. Sour Lemonade."

Snowy groaned a bit at the voices she was hearing and she opened her eyes to see the source. She noticed the other ponies below her and began to feel uneasy at the number of others there. She quietly watched from above.

Marshmallow Moon made it to the crowd. "Good afternoon!" she replied to the lime green pony cheerfully. "Nice to see so many pegasi out enjoying the weather! My sister likes to tell me that I don't need wings to have my head in the clouds, ho ho ho!" she chortled at her little joke. She quickly noticed the exhausted-looking green stallion partly behind the tree and walked closer to smile at him. "You look like you could use a pick-me-up," she said. "Moon Pie? They're my favorite." She rummaged in her saddlebag and offered one to him, her hooves a little sticky but her heart in the right place.

Marshie felt somepony bump into her and smiled at the stylishly dressed pony. "No problem!"

She turned back to her new friend, enjoying watching him eat the moon pie. She decided to get another out of her bag for herself and took a bite. "My name's Marshmallow Moon, but you can call me Marshie. What's yours?"

Snowy looked at the moon pie hungrily, her stomach growled a bit as she watched the pony eat. That looks really good..She thinks to herself as she leans her head over the cloud she's lounging on slightly as she watches.

Haha, he looks like he's enjoying himself.

The mare thought as she watched the stallion start to nibble on the Moon Pie provided my Marshie.

"Marshmellow Moon.." Sour Lemonade mused, resting her chin on her hoof.

"Yep," Marshie answered, turning to the bright green mare with a grin. "Oh my! How rude of me! Would you like one, Sour Lemonade?" She had plenty of them in her saddlebags, since she'd just stopped at Cafe Bon (the swankiest candymaker in town) to stock up on her way home from work. She was handing them out like... well, candy, because it was wonderful to be able to share. Her sister hated the things.

She hadn't noticed the cloud overhead with the longing pegasus peeking over the edge. Being an earth pony, she was simply used to keeping her focus on the ground, and something would have to catch her attention to make her glance that way.

"Sure, thanks." Sour Lemonade smiled and took the Moon Pie graciously, biting into it curiously.

"Oh wow, you just keep these in your bag? Oh, they're delicious!" She exclaimed, trying not to cough up the tasty mouthful as she spoke. Flapping her wings in excitement, she giggled and swallowed the bit of pie.

Marshie giggled at Sour Lemonade's excitement. "They're the best, aren't they? I used to just buy these little chocolate-covered graham crackers, but the pony that owns the place thought I'd like these since they have marshmallow in them. My sister says I must be trying to keep my hooves on the ground, and it's not working."

Marshie looked up to where Draco was pointing and caught a glimpse of the pegasus. "Hello!" she called out. "Come on down if you want to try some!"

She turned back to Draco. "You look tired. Have you been travelling? Where are you from? Are you--"

Just then she was interrupted by a poke to her plump side. "Ow!" she said, then laughed. "Yes? Did you want one too? Maybe I should mark them up, I could turn a profit here. Don't tell Bon Bon." She laughed and nudged Draco (since he was closest), wiggling her eyebrows. It's a good thing sis isn't here, she thought, or she wouldn't be letting me make all these hilarious jokes!

She pulled out two more and offered them to Belmont and Cloud.

((OOC: What does Belmont look like? :blush: Sorry, it's hard to have Marshie look at him.))