It's a Marketplace Morning [Open]

Wednesdays in Ponyville, for unknown reasons, were unusually crowded at the marketplace. Maybe it was because the weather team usually scheduled sun, maybe because of the two-for-one sales all the merchants had, maybe because everyone thought no one else would think to shop midweek. Whatever the reason, there was a huge crowd in the Ponyville Marketplace today, with a single beige earth pony standing just outside the edges of it, shivering despite the warm summer sun overhead. Her tan-and-pink mane, brushed fluffy, tumbled over her shoulders in long waves, and her huge saddlebags (empty as yet) halfway covered the ivy vines that decorated her flank.

Whether Lovestone liked it or not, she needed food, and she needed it today. And since her mother wasn't able to, the young mare had to shop for the both of them herself, even though she hated large crowds and avoided them as much as possible. What she wouldn't give for a pair of pegasus wings to simply fly overhead.

She stood indecisively, knowing it had to be done but not wanting to start. Just as she thought she'd better go home and try again tomorrow, she flinched as a strange pony bumped into her from behind. "Ow!"

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ah.. I'm so sorry, miss.." A shy light green mare said very quietly, stepping back and dipping her head nervously.

".. I'm so sorry.." She repeated, feeling pretty stupid. "Um.. Would you like some lemonade? Free, as an apology.." She lifted a hoof and pointed just over the beige pony's shoulder, to a small and slightly rickety shack with a sign at the top, reading: 'Cheap Lemonade!'.

[OOC: I love long, more to read! :P]

"Oh, no no no! Please don't worry about it!" Lovestone said with a bright smile. "It was my fault." She glanced behind her at the rickety old stand; the only pony nearby was the owner, the lime green mare who'd bumped into her. She might as well take a break from the crowds for a little while and enjoy something cold on this hot day, and maybe even have a bit of a conversation. The mare seemed sweet enough, if a bit shy.

"Actually, though a glass of lemonade sounds wonder-- " she started, but was interrupted by a sudden woosh of air that left her mane flipped over her ear. As she fixed it, she turned to see a yellow pegasus pony trotting away from the crowds toward them. She seemed to be indecisive about something, glancing back at the crowds, and Lovestone wondered if this mare could use some cold lemonade too.

Dream Notes was sitting, on the corner of a street planning his horned violin. The case for his violin was opened in front, with a sign "Song Requests Excepted, Tips Appreciated." Though no pony was requesting any songs in particular, some of the passing ponies were throwing in a few bits. Some would throw in 1, some 2, occasionally he'd get somepony to throw in 3, though rarely would he get more than that.

Dream had decided to travel around Equastria a little, and after the first week of travel found himself short on funds. So he had to make money with what he could do, and since you can't have a one day job as a steam engineer, he went to what he enjoyed doing. Playing music.

(Sorry I'm not normally much for long posts.)

Snowy trotted around the very crowded market, feeling extremely uncomfortable. She hated being around so many other ponies, which is why she always avoided coming into town. But she knew she was short on food and decided she had no other choice.

She saw a stall with some of the items she needed and began to walk towards it, however, she stopped in her tracks when her ears began to pick up the sound of a wonderful melody. Her love for music excited her curiosity and she decided to find the source. When she discovered that it was coming from a stallion playing a violin, she decided to sit off on the side and listen to him play.

I walk around the Market, due to the fact that my parents sent me out to get some things for them because they were too busy to do it themselves. I cautiously walk around the market, looking for anything on the list. I start to feel nervous around all the other ponies, but press onward anyway.

(Yes, I'm writing in first person, because third is overrated. applejackdisgusted.png I'm playing as my OC, Twilight Shine.)

(OOC: I like the way you think Hinata! Not gonna follow it but I like it)

Dream notices Snowy sitting off to the side listening to him, he loved it when people would actually listen to his music, and not think of it as simply background noise for them. "Why hello there Ma'am!" Still playing his violin "I'm Dream Notes! Is there any style of music you prefer, or a particular song? If I know it I'll play it for you." He says while winking at her.

Snowy's ears go down and she looks at the ground shyly. She hesitates a moment before answering. "H-Hello...I..I don't really...have a request.." She responds quietly, lightly dragging her hoof against the ground in front of her.

He smiled warmly at her "Well there must be a particular style of music you like." He begins moving slowly but in a slightly exaggerated manner his body moving with the bow of the violin, he slows down the beat so the nights are slow and long moving into a classical song "Maybe classical?" His body swaying back and forth with the bow.

"Hehe there's no reason to be nervous Ma'am." He says in a whimsical kinda way too her "I can I play any style of music you like." As he said the last bit he notices the foal walk over "Why hello there little one. Enjoying this fine day?" He says still playing his music.

"Hehe there's no reason to be nervous Ma'am." He says in a whimsical kinda way too her "I can I play any style of music you like." As he said the last bit he notices the foal walk over "Why hello there little one. Enjoying this fine day?" He says still playing his music.

I clear my throat, and nervously answer the pony. "Y....Yes...." I say.

She nods as she continues to sit there listening to the wonderful music. She looks over at the new comming foal and smiles a bit at her before looking back over to the violin player.

Sour Lemonade was silenced by a gush of wind making her fur blow in every which way.

".. Sure.. I'll pour you some.." She almost whispered, trotting slowly toward her stand and lifting the jug in her hoof, smiling a little as the light yellow liquid flowed into the plastic cup.

(I like long posts too ;-) )

He laughs at her sudden outburst "Now now, don't be so shy. I really do mean it any style at all, my violin can do it, from classical to rock, from jazz to well techno and dubstep. You name it."

"Dubstep? How would that even sound?" I ask the pony, tilting my head ever so slightly.

Lovestone trotted after the shy little pegasus eagerly. She knew that it would be her job to give the conversation that little push it needed to get going, and she was up for the challenge.

"Oh my, that looks good," she said as she watched her pour out the beverage. "Do you run this place all by yourself?"

There were many packages waiting in Fillydelphia to be delivered to Ponyville this particularly busy Wednesday. With all the business going down in the Ponyville Marketplace, stores would surely need their supplies today. Iron Blitz was already on his third trip back to Ponyville this morning with what he was hoping would be the last box he would have to drop off. Flying the distance from Fillydelphia to Ponyville three times in the morning under a scorching summer sun left the red coated pony sweating and tired. The only thing that kept him going, besides the payment of course, was the hope of finding one item in the marketplace: apple cider. Yes, the desire for the intense flavor of this beverage was the driving factor to keep this pegasus in the air until he reached Ponyville again.

As he neared the marketplace his wings seemingly locked themselves, causing him to land on a rooftop. Luckily, there was a bit of hay there to soften his fall. But most importantly, the goods were not damaged. Iron tilted his back, letting the box slide off. He then let himself drop to take a rest.

"Last time I do three round trips to Ponyville in one day." he thought to himself. From this rooftop, he could see the center of the marketplace. He examined the stands, looking for his coveted beverage. Unfortunately, it was not apple cider that caught his attention, but instead a black hooded figure running through the marketplace. The black-clad pony's behavior was quite strange; something didn't seem right. Was he seriously attempting to steal things in bright daylight in a black hoodie? Or maybe the citizens of Ponyville aren't as familiar with such style among theives.

"Something's weird about that guy. I'd better keep an eye on him." Those who knew Iron Blitz well would know that he would not allow a thief to escape unpunished. For those who don't know him, they would soon find that should some kind of evil be running about, it would be brought to justice. Iron hates criminals, and while he isn't exactly with the "proper authorities" anymore, he wouldn't let a common thief get away with another pony's valueables.

Iron tested his wings, seeing if they would move again. He managed to spread them out, and glid to the ground. He kept distance from the black hooded figure, carefully watching his every move.

[Yay! A chance to test my character!]

"Uh.. Yeah, I guess I do." The mare admitted quietly, offering the cup to Lovestone.

"I hope it's okay." She looked away, then up to the sky, looking at the cloud-less eternity of blue.

"Nice day for lemonade."

"Well little one it would sound something like this" Dream's horn started to glow, and the glow of magic came out of the box on his horned violin, the sound coming from the horn changed from that of a violin to wubs, though the music of the violin could still be heard.