It's a Marketplace Morning [Open]

OOC: Lucky!! I'm on the last week of term 2. I get to eat snails for French on Monday! <3 Also, sorry Sour is sort of out of it is at the moment.

Sour Lemonade nodded absently, flicking her tail and accidentally twisting it around her leg. Freaking out a little, she shook out her hoof, and accidentally fell onto her rump, blushing with embarassment.

"Haha, I'm so clumsy."

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Okay, Cronk. First thing's first we'll have to do it quick." Curse pointed with a hoof to a flask poking out of the pocket of Cronk's hoodie. "That's limerick, right? Highly poisonous? She looks scared. I'll go over there and distract her. She doesn't look like a fighter, so she probably won't engage me. Worst case scenario she calls for help and I'll bolt. If you trot behind her while she's occupied and open the flask. The fumes should spread around her head. She inhales and she's either dead or hospitalised. If I bolt, then I'll meet you by the museum once you've taken care of her. Try not to hurt her friend though. Every pony killed reflects poorly on us, and I have a reputation for inflicting pain, not death." Cronk replies with a slight tip of his head and trots off in one direction.

Curse watches the yellow pegasus's eyes follow Cronk. He then walks right up to the bench with a bright winning smile. The two ponies turn to face him. "Oh, you poor dear," Curse says softly as mock sympathy fills his face. "Whatever happened to you? Those bruises look simply terrible! And to think such a horrible thing could occur in such a peaceful town on such a glorious day! Oh, perish the thought!"

((OOC: I am a terrible RPer right now. Would you believe my first days of summer vacation I was bedridden with the flu? And would you also believe that I wrote a post before and it disappeared? Excuses excuses, I'm all better now and I'll try to post a lot more frequently.))

"Nice to meet you, Insanity," she replied, smiling, as she surreptitiously inspected the pegasus's injuries. They didn't look too horrible, but they did look painful for sure. Not something Lovestone herself would have been thrilled to have. She looked into Insanity's eyes again to ask another question or five. "Do you live in the area?"

Before Insanity could reply or Lovestone start to interrogate her about her life story, their conversation was interrupted by the words, "Whatever happened to you?"

Lovestone looked up, startled, as a creepy grey unicorn walked up to the pair of them. He said a few more things, but she wasn't listening; she was too busy trying to figure out what this weirdo's objective was. He gave her the chills, looked like he could use a bath, and had the air of a con artist about him. He's probably a beggar, she decided, and flipped open her saddlebag. Maybe she could make him leave the pair of them alone.

"Sorry sir, we're not interested. Here, take this. Have a nice day." She held out a couple of bits in her hoof with a faint, dismissive smile. No eye contact, of course. That would only encourage him.

At first Curse was filled with blind rage that this foal could possibly think that he was a beggar! He hadn't begged since he learnt he first curse! before he could show the mare the error of her ways, something utterly unexpected happened. He had heard rumours of Cronk's speed and ruthless efficiency, but this was entirely unexpected. He tried to recall what had just happened in slow motion, but found that all he could remember seeing is the yellow mare get yanked back and vanish down an alley. He was sure a black hoodie was involved somehow. Ponies took notice. There were some cries of shock, and a few plucky colts ran down the alley only to return empty-hoofed.

By then though, Curse had slipped past everypony back over to the lemonade stand and grabbed the entire pitcher, before quietly trotting away with it into the shadows. *No sense in wasting a distraction, although technically wasn't I supposed to be the distraction?* Curse shrugged and took a long draught of the delicious yellow liquid. *Whoever owned that lemonade stand really knew how to mix a delicious brew. Anyway, no doubt Cronk'll be waiting for me at the museum* Curse took another long draught and then threw the now empty pitcher over his shoulder, where it smashed against the cobbled marketplace.

Curse trotted through the crowds on the way to the art gallery. Somehow whispers had spread ahead of him of a vampiric hoodie wearing pony stealing young mares to suck their blood. This obviously didn't make sense for two reasons, but Curse couldn't be asked to correct them. He arrived at the art gallery in record time, and looked for his hoodie wearing companion, only to find nopony. He checked his watch. *Two minutes until guard change?! How did that detour take thirteen minutes? Blimey. I need to find Cronk, and fast. Our window of opportunity is almost here.*

"Alright this is it. Time to get them." Iron Blitz turned around and prepared to engage the two thief ponies. By the time he turned around, the two ponies were already at the bench and talking to the two mares sitting there. Iron started to tread towards them, when suddenly the black hooded pony snatched the yellow mare off the bench and began to escape. Upon seeing this Iron attempted to dash forward at the escaping pony, but his wings dropped as soon as he moved them. His wings were still tired from his morning journeys. This seemingly minor setback cost Iron a few seconds, allowing the mare-knapper enough time to reach the hotel balcony andthe grey pony to slip past him without noticing.

"Grr...I'm not gonna be able to chase him at full speed." Iron Blitz flew over to the balcony, his speed handicapped by fatigue. He then let his legs take over and darted through the hotel and up the spiral staircase. When he reached the fourth floor, he saw a black coated pony jumping out the window. The pony he saw didn't have a jacket on, nor did he have the yellow mare with him anymore. "That guy looks pretty similar, maybe he tossed the jacket." Instead of continuing the chase he probably would have lost, Iron Blitz decided to look around to see if the thief had left the yellow mare or his jacket behind. He noticed that one door was left open, while the others were closed, and decided to investigate. On the floor was a black hoodie, no doubt the one belonging to the black coated pony that jumped out the window. Further evidence was that there were two tickets for a museum inside the hoodie. "Hmm, they did mention something about an art gallery. And I doubt that they're going there for an educational experience."

Iron Blitz tossed the jacket over his back and continued to search for the yellow coated mare. "Not in here." he said to himself after checking a room with the number "410" on it. He moved to the next room across the hall; room 411. This room had nothing but dust and cobwebs, not what he was looking for. Next room, 413. Upon turning the knob and giving the door a light push, the hinges of the door broke from the wood and collapsed into the room with solid thud sound, causing dust to rise from the floorboards. He didn't find much else here, and moved on. He reached room 415, which had a much more stable door than the last room. Upon opening the door, he saw the pony he was looking for almost right away. It wasn't hard to spot a bright coated pony in a relatively dark room. He walked over to the unconscious pony, dropping the thief's hoodie beside him, and began to nudge her. As he looked closer at the mare, he noticed that her body was riddled with bruises. "Gosh, why would they do something like that?" Iron thought as he continued to nudge her. "Hey, wake up! You're not supposed to be in this room!" he yelled.

(OOC: Okay. An anonymous thief whose now been dubbed Cronk stole a dangerous potion from Insanity Dash. Insanity Dash pursued to get it back, or at least warn him of the dangers, but found herself outmatched by him. Cronk easily subdued her and sent her packing. Curse then arrived and reminded Cronk that the two of them have to steal a painting from the art galley, Piece de la resistance, for a Pony Don up in Manehattan.

The two split up and Curse stopped at a lemonade stand because he was thirsty. Cronk discovered this and was justifiably angry. Curse foisted the blame onto Insanity Dash who was sitting on a nearby bench being comforted by Lovestone. The two talked briefly before Curse walked up to them and distracted them. Cronk then foalnapped Insanity Dash by grabbing her from behind and rushing her off down an alleyway and into an old building where he left her.

Meanwhile Curse slipped away and stole the entire pitcher of lemonade while everypony was distracted. Once it was all drained he headed to the art gallery/museum, throwing the empty pitcher to the ground as he went. Cronk meanwhile dumped his hoodie and met Curse at the art galley. Iron Blitz managed to find Insanity but wasn't fast enough to catch Cronk. He did discover tickets to the museum inside the pocket of the discarded hoodie however. I think that's the current stage of where we're at. Hinata, DreamNotes, Snowy, and GreyMatter stopped participating it seems.)

(OOC: I'm waiting on Inuchan and Twinkie. Can't jump too far ahead of Twinkie, and I just gave Inuchan a catch up session. Hopefully they'll both still be players in the upcoming events. Although we did kinda steamroll this way out of its original intention. I like how we took it from innocent market day to breaking into an art gallery.)

Lovestone's jaw was hanging open. The little yellow Pegasus that she'd been chatting so nicely with was gone, foalnapped by someone she couldn't even see. She supposed the beggar in front of her was in cahoots with the kidnapping as well, because he disappeared while she was still whipping her head around trying to figure out what happened to Insanity.

"What. Just. Happened," she said out loud, though there was no one to hear her. Ten minutes ago all she had to worry about was getting her shopping done on time, and now she had a kidnapped and beaten mare on her hands. Or off of them, rather, but she wasn't going to leave it at that.

She shook her head to clear it and felt her protective instincts begin to well up again. If I had been paying more attention, she started to berate herself, then stopped. There was no time for that now. It was time to get the police.

She shoved her way through the market crowds, praying to Celestia it wouldn't be too late for her new friend by the time they found her. The police station was just over there, a few doors down from the museum.... suddenly her glance was caught. The creepy beggar from before. Disappearing into the museum. She glanced indecisively back and forth between the police station and the still-rotating museum door, and cursing herself for not picking the obviously smarter choice, followed him inside.

((OOC: This is on my phone, so hopefully there aren't too many silly typos!))

(Thanks a lot, that really helped :kissy: )

"Lemonade, sir?" Sour offered a plastic cup of frsehly-poured and glistening lemonade. Not as sour as to fit her tastes, but still some darn fine refreshment. This pony seemed almost out of the ordinary... But there might not be something concerning.. But it was hard to tell these days.

(Manehattan XD)

(OOC: Are you talking to Grey Matter? Because he hasn't posted in this thread for around two weeks. You could always message him because I think he might have given up on this RP. Also Curse stole the pitcher of lemonade, so unless you've already poured a few cups then you'll have to make more.)

Curse smiled as he heard what would have been interpreted as an innocent question to an innocent bystander. He made a show of looking at his watch and replying loudly, "About one minute to twelve." In a whisper he continued, "According to the pamphlets, the piece we need to get is on display in the Ponatello wing." Cronk nodded and began to trot over to the Ponatello wing. Curse opened up the pamphlet and pretended to stare at the map for around ten seconds. Then he set off in the same direction. The wing was noticeably more empty than the rest of the building. By fortuitous circumstance, a new Grifdin display had opened on the other side of the gallery and was naturally garnering the most attention. Two security guards passed Cronk and then Curse as they entered, heading in the opposite direction. *The guards have just been replaced. That gives us two hours before the next rotation.* Cronk approached a lavish and colourful painting facing away from the guards while Curse stood in front of their assignment.

He was not impressed. *Who the hay calls this a masterpiece? Clocks? Soaking wet timepieces hanging in trees? This is a bizarre dream, not a work of art! How is this thing worth millions!* Curse raged internally, but kept his face calm and controlled. The two security stallions were standing on either side of the painting with their eyes turned forwards. Curse sneaked around the painting and behind the first stallion. He gently touched his horn to the back of the guard's head and whispered, "Sleep." The guard leaned forward and closed his eyes. Curse then repeated the process with the other guard. Once they were both out of it, he ushered Cronk over and they stole the security outfits. Curse then levitated the napping guards over to a nearby maintenance cupboard and shut them in it.

Now that the two of them were suited up, Cronk pulled out the vial of limerack and approached the painting, while Curse trotted over to the main entrance to the wing.

OOC: It said that he came to Lemonade stand, didn't it? I probably misread. XP Ignore my last post then >.> I don't really see anythin Sour can add to this roleplay. Is it alright I I sort of drop Sour out?

Sour frowned as she noticed the pitcher missing. Sighing slightly, she turned around and started to remake the lemonade into pre-made pourings.

((OOC: We're waiting for Ironkau, but I can post this for now. Wow. Even with that awesome recap, I'm still finding myself confused, especially since Cronk and Curse have such similar names. But I think I figured it out! :D))

Lovestone stepped into the museum and shuddered at the milling crowds. She didn't think a backwater town like Ponyville would have such an appreciation for art. But there was no time for that now - she needed to find the pony that was her only link to Insanity. She crept along the wall, taking deep breaths to try to ignore the pounding hooves and thousand happy voices, until she found a slightly quieter area from which a few exhibit halls led.

A new Griffin exhibit seemed to be attracting most of the attention, and she groaned at the size of the crowd in that wing. This was not a great day to be agoraphobic. She decided to start with the emptiest area first, which appeared to be the Ponatello wing. She could only see one pony in there standing by the door.

She trotted up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. "Excuse me, sir, have you seen-"

She gasped when he turned to face her. "The creepy beggar!" she said loudly enough for the few other ponies walking by to stare at her. "You! What have you done with Insanity? Where is she, you lunatic?" She was in his face, loud, upset and ignoring her instincts to run.

A soft red pegasus stood impatiently in the line to the Griffin exhibit, boredly tapping her hoof on the ground beneath her.

Even more boredly, she scanned the room for something to occupy her eyes with. She did this until she caught sight of a pony exclaiming seomthing rather loudly.

An accusation, it seemed, followed by questions. She turned her head slowly, face set to a snarl.

"Can you guys shut up? Museums shouldn't be filled with such racket."