It's a Marketplace Morning [Open]

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[sorry for the wait, I've been..."occupied" for a bit these past few days.]

The red stallion chuckled as Insanity shielded her face from view. He then took two steps back and said, "Well I'm just glad that you're okay. Well, okay like you're hurt but still ok that you're alive." Surprisingly to him, the mare was able to stand with injuries that would probably have any other pony in a hospital, or in bed at least. Iron Blitz knew she needed some rest, and medical attention, but he wasn't going to force her to stop walking. "Hey!" he called out, then grabbed the black hoodie with his teeth and threw it onto his back. He followed to mare to the door and continued, "Should you really be walking around like that? I mean it looks like you took a beating from those thugs." He didn't seem to notice that Insanity was looking at something specific near the door; thinking it was pain that was making her look down.

Curse stood idly as he waited on Cronk. *Hopefully he won't take long. The second we have this painting we are out of here,* Curse thought to himself. Suddenly there's some mare up in his face and shouting. It took a few seconds for his memory to click as he recognised the same mare that had been comforting the yellow pegasus chick. *Will you stop calling me a beggar! Do I freaking look like a beggar to you!* he wanted to shout angrily at the mare.

He bit his tongue for a few seconds to calm himself down before he adopted the personality he was wearing. "This area is off-limits, miss," he replied cordially. The burning hatred in his eyes was the complete opposite of his smooth and calm speech. "Go home," he hissed quietly at her, before pulling back and continuing calmly. "The Ponatello wing is currently undergoing refurbishment. There's a beautiful new display in the Griffon wing on baroque griffon sculptors." He then leaned in and hissed quietly again, "If you don't want to suffer the same fate as your friend, I advise you leave now." He then returned once more to the friendly guard disguise. "I hope you enjoy your day."

Curse was confident that this mare wasn't going to be an issue. As long as she cleared off quickly that is. He knew that if she persisted then he was going to have to deal with her too, but the risks of that at the moment outweighed the risks of not dealing with her.

Lovestone quailed at the colt's threatening demeanor. Not for the first time she asked herself what she was doing, chasing a mare she didn't even know, risking her safety and leaving her mother alone and helpless for however long this craziness would take. She took a deep breath and looked back at the swirling vines that adorned her flank. Ivy meant faithfulness, and she'd vowed to never leave anyone behind. Insanity needed her.

She mustered up a glare and gave it to him with as much strength as she could. Now there was someone behind Lovestone, chastising her. At first she ignored the haughty-sounding mare, focusing her anger on the colt in front of her, who was looking at her like an obstinate tangle in a piece of rope, but then she realized she needed help. She tore her eyes from him long enough to turn to the red pegasus and say, "Get the police! Quick! I'll hold him here!"

"Tell me where she is," she hissed, pushing up close to him. Around the corner she could hear someone else in the Ponatello wing. "What are you doing in here? Do you have her?" With that, she craned her neck around him to try to get a better look.

Curse wouldn't let himself panic. They were so close. All he had to do was hold them back. Looks like he'd have to play the victim. "Whoa! Hey! Get offa me! What are you talking about? I just work here! I don't know abut no mare!" Curse shouted loudly. He hoped the red pegasus would hear him.

Curse then leant backwards so that he and the mare stumbled backwards and over the threshold of the wing. As soon as he was outside of everypony's vision he pushed his horn to her head and whispered "Sleep." A powerful sleep curse travelled up his horn and into her head that only the most resolute could endure. "This is your last chance," he whispered. "Give into the sleep spell and you can wake up with no memory of what just happened. You'll forget the yellow mare. Everything will be okay again. If you don't, then I'm going to have to get violent."

"Umm...." Iron Blitz muttered as the mare nearly tripped out the door and continued walking. "Either that filly has a bad case of insanity, or there's something about me she doesn't like." he stated to himself out loud. He then looked at the hoodie hanging over his back. "Maybe it's just trauma, and this thing reminds her of the hooded colt. The tickets are the only thing I really need, so I can probably just toss this hoodie." With that thought, Iron Blitz removed the tickets from the hoodie and stuffed it in the corner of the room.

He then heard a crashing noise from where Insanity was walking. Iron Blitz rushed out of the room and towards the stairs. There, Insanity was on the floor with a leg stuck in the ground. She would probably have some trouble getting out herself in such a bruised state, but Iron Blitz would have helped either way. "Let me help you out there." he said, grabbing the mare's ensnared leg and lifting it out of the hole in the floor.

Guest StringHeart

((i want to jump in but i'm not sure how. anyone got a brief summery of whats been happening up till now, or am i gonna have to comb all 6 pages?))

((OOC: StringHeart, come save me! :'( ))

Before Lovestone knew what was happening, she was whisked into the Ponatello wing and the unicorn's horn was pressed against her forehead. She started to struggle, knowing he was about to do something dastardly, but before she could get away, he whispered, "Sleep."

Her legs kicked out weakly and her eyelashes fluttered as drowsiness overtook her. There was a throbbing in her head that spread out slowly to her limbs and caused them to sag uselessly as she went limp. She tried to lift her hoof and push him off of her, but her leg weighed a thousand pounds.

Lovestone gasped for air, shaking her heavy head. She knew there was something she was supposed to remember. Something important that was the reason this was happening. She tried to focus her mind, but the colt was saying something else now, distracting her.

Suddenly two words caught her ear: "yellow mare". Oh yes. That was it. A mare! She forced her eyelids open, focusing on the only thing that was keeping her from slipping into easy dreams, trying to remember the mare's name. It was something Dash. Crazy? Lunatic? Mad? Mad Dash, yes, that sounded right. "I'm coming, Mad Dash," she said, but she wasn't sure if it was out loud or not.

She mustered all of her native earth pony strength, and the little extra that her cutie mark gave her - this was her special talent, after all - and kicked the unicorn as hard as she could in the chest. It was only just hard enough to make him lose his grip, but it did the trick and let her stumble away. She crashed into a display case and slumped to the dusty floor, then climbed to her feet and shook her head to clear out the cobwebs of the sleep spell.

"Tenacity is my middle name, you dog!" she said unsteadily, hoping that was a real word.

Guest StringHeart

(alrighty then)

"How annoying" muttered a green earth pony as he wandered the halls of the art museum. "they said they wanted me to come along, but they never show up" String heart huffed. he appreciated the artwork, but as a musician, it didn't really catch his attention. With the halls pretty much empty and his friends nowhere to be found, Strings was keen on finding the exit. And yet he somehow he ended up in the Ponitello wing. "What the hay?"

"Oof!" Curse cried as a hoof connected with his chest. Despite his powerful magic he was actually pretty physically weak. A genetic trait he inherited from his father. He found himself winded as he stumbled back and wheezed loudly. After spending ten seconds trying to balance his breathing, he looked up and saw the mare stumbling back to her feet. *This just got bad,* he thought to himself. He then caught sight of a green earth pony that had waltzed into the wing and a smile returned to his face. "You there! Help me stop this vandal!" he cried out melodramatically as he gestured towards the new comer.

Curse knew a wide array of powerful spells, but almost all of them required hoof to flesh contact, which was one of the reasons he normally works in the shadows. He had already linked to her when his horn touched previously though, so he was now attuned. His horn began to darken and Lovestone's head was suddenly full of voices speaking in tandem. So many voices with different pitches and intonation blathering on with nonsensical words. *No way she can react in this state.*

He then turned back to the green newcomer. "She's already smashed a display case full of priceless works! You have to help me apprehend her!"

Guest StringHeart

String Heart watched Lovestone's escape and was confused as to what was going, but he was impressed by her strength. "dash who?" he said as he heard something out of the mare's mouth.

It was then that curse called out the string heart, leaving the musical earth pony a little surprised. Couldn't he stop her easily with his magic? but String Heart didn't have time to think about that as he prepared to stop Lovestone...

"She's already smashed a display case full of priceless works! You have to help me apprehend her!"

String heart's ear twitched, "he's lying" he muttered under his breath. The green stallion scowled and stepped out of lovestone's way, moving towards curse with obvious aggression.

Iron Blitz managed to catch the mare as she fell into him. He tried giving her a little push so that she could regain her balance, though he was careful not to push her hard enough that she would fall through the stairs. He let her go after she could stand on her own four hooves, staying close enough to catch her if she falls again. "Yeah, no problem." he replied to Insanity's thanks. He looked away for a moment when he saw that Insanity's face was starting to match his coat's color. "That was, um...weird?" he thought then looked back at Insanity. "Hey, we should really get you to the Ponyville Hospital ASAP."

Lovestone was quickly recovering from the sleep spell, her head clearing more every moment. She shook it vigorously and saw a green stallion trot into the wing and immediately stop, looking confused. She realized what a sight she must look with broken glass around her and a security guard calling for help - apparently her attacker had noticed the new pony now, too, and was calling her a vandal. She knew his uniform automatically gave him the advantage in credibility, but she still had to try.

"No, w-wait!" she stuttered, moving towards the newcomer, a pleading look in her eyes. Without warning a new spell hit her. The world around her faded briefly, her whole body shuddered, and she felt the magic envelop her mind. Then the voices started.

They slammed into her mind like ocean waves, leaving her curled up and helplessly holding her ears trying to block it out. The cacophony was worse than a hundred ponies in the marketplace, even worse than the one time she went to that concert in Manehattan. She knew it wasn't real, just an illusion. But then again, she "knew" everyday crowds of ponies had no reason or desire to hurt her, and yet she'd rather live off pencil shavings and rain water than--

She couldn't keep her train of thought going. Her brain was overloaded, and this time, she had no one to kick.

(OOC: Sorry, I figured TwinkiePie should go first. Also * denotes thought if that wasn't obvious.)

Curse smirked as the mare quietened and took a few steps backwards. She couldn't resist a spell like that, and Curse had plenty more in his arsenal. He turned around to see the earth pony was heading straight for him and not for Lovestone. *Celestia damn it! There's no way he could possibly know that I'm not a security guard! Yet look at him! That's obvious aggression if I've ever seen it.* "Hey, cool your jets, mister," Curse said defensively as he backed away slightly. "This mare has broken into an off limits wing and destroyed priceless art. It is your civic duty to help me take her away from these pieces." *I've gone too far to lose it now. I have to maintain this facade.*

When the colt was in position, Curse changed the spell on Lovestone. Instead of the voices talking, they began to shout angrily. The constant deafening shouting was a spell that Curse had tweaked himself. These thoughts normally led to physical violence as the afflicted felt the need to lash out to try and quell the voices. String Heart was now stood directly in front of Lovestone as the frenzy spell began to work its magic.