Ohio State Track Sportsmanship

Ginger Mint

You know... there is a group on FaceBook called "No Hope for the Human Race," and I see a lot of stuff that makes me think that is true... But then a story like this will surface and it just warms my heart and makes me think "Perhaps there is hope after all."

I honestly think, whatever association they were running for, whatever HS sports league that race was for, needs to give Meghan Vogel a commendation for that action. Regardless whether she would have won or not, she not only stopped to carry another runner across the line, but made sure she crossed before her first. It is a true testament to how sportsmanship should be. She deserves a medal for that. Especially since, according to ESPN, she has displayed that sort of sportsmanship before.

Here is a quote from the ESPN article: "I don't consider myself a hero. I just did what I knew was right and what I was supposed to do."

Wow, just wow. If more people thought like that, the world would be a much better place. Here is the ESPN article.