Everypony on the Dancefloor! [ Pm me to join! ]

Pesto tilted her head and looked over at Bright Fire, confused. "Hey, who are you?" she asked rudely, then shook herself. "Sorry, that was rude of me, I'm just cranky. I just woke up."

She smiled in effort to make it up to him and began to walk through the crowds. "You're gonna be helping me put them up? Perfect! Let's start in the VIP section."

Thunder smiled and began to refill Snowy's drink. He looked over to the doors, and saw his sister being greeted by Bright Fire. He nodded to himself and then turned to Dream Notes, wincing a little. "Ah. We don't exactly have a DJ at the moment. Just some old records we dug up. We didn't have much luck finding one. Say, if you know a thing or two about DJing, you could help us out. And maybe give this guy a shot too." he said, ruffling Neon's mane with his hoof.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bright Fire shrugged off the rather rude comment "No worries I've been cranky too after a sleepless night, its all fine" he said with a grin and began to follow her "Yes I shall, as I said before you're brother instructed me too, it'll be fun"

he then looked around for the VIP section "ah the VIP section is this way...would you like me to lighten you're load and carry a few of those?" he asked as he flew above the ground, he needed to stretch his wings a little in this crowd.

Neon giggles and Snowy turns to look at her little brother. She gives him a weird look and as if reading her mind he gestures to his headphones. "One of the ponies I was talking to gave these to me! I was even invited into the VIP section! I just stopped over here to get something to drink. Clubs are awesome!" He turns to face Thunder. "Strawberry milkshake please!"

Draco tried to stay in the shadows and tried to get a good view of the whole club. he went by the bar and accidentally knocked over someponys drink.

"Oh sorry !" he said as he continued or tried to as he tripped over a chair and fell on the ground because he was not paying attention.

Thunder laughed heartily at the colt, and began to mix up his 'shake. Once he had finished, he pushed the glass towards Neon and smiled at Dream Notes and the colt in turn. "Great, I expect everypony on the dancefloor, then," he winked playfully at Snowy, to show her that he was just teasing.

Meanwhile, Renegade was gazing into Mint Breeze's eyes, trying to avoid his sister's eyes when suddenly his glass was knocked over. He looked towards the culprit and cleared his throat, speaking in a rather calm tone, considering he hated mess. "Are you okay, good fellow?" He held out a hoof to Draco, helping him up. "What are you doing skulking in the shadows and not engaging in conversation with everypony here," he asked, a little suspicious. "How did you even get into the Very Important Pony section, anyway?"

Pesto grinned at Bright Fire. "No that's perfectly fine, they're not that heavy. I've carried worse on my trips before I settled," she spoke calmly, and she lifted off the ground and made her way slowly to the VIP section. She caught sight of her unicorn brother and looked away quickly; they had never really gotten along very well. She led the way to the wall over the opposite side of the VIP section and pulled out a framed canvas, and handed it to Bright Fire. "Can you hang that over there?" she asked, pointing to a spot somewhere to the left of him.

"um okay then" he said as he ended up following pesto instead of leading her in the VIP section.

BrightFire was given the canvas and for a few seconds looked at it...he was somewhat captivated by the picture, he felt a little inspired too, he soon came to his senses "um yes of course I'll get right on it" He then proceeded to hang the canvas up and back away to admire it "the VIP section looks better already" he said with an grin

Neon looked up in thought for a second as he took a drink from his milkeshake. "Hm...How about..dubstep!" He said energetically as he beamed at Dream.

Snowy blushes slightly and looks back down, taking a sip from her drink.

"Dubstep it is!" Dream puts Neon on his back and rushes up too the dj booth. He grabbed a pair of extra headphones up there and went through what records they have "Hmmmm not much of a selection, but workable." He plugs in his head phones and starts adjusting the settings on the turntable. He then taps the mic "Testing One Two, Testing! We on? Oh guess we are. Ok! Goooood Evening Everypony! This is DJ Vintage and....." he holds the mic up to Neon.

BrightFire hung the picture and then proceeded to look over to the DJ's for a second "dubstep??" he said quietly and in horror, He did not like dubstep to him it was just noise "well I guess this job wasn't going to be perfect" he thought to himself.

His frown soon turned back into a grin as he flew over to pesto "Okay that's the first canvas hung up and not leaning over to one side. where is the next picture going to go?"

• 3 weeks later...

Squishy was very excited to begin his new life in the big pony city of manehatten. He has been yearning to be a part of equine sociaty for quite some time now. Being a giant praying mantis, a lot of ponys would consider him to be a monster, even though he was capable of speech. It's not like he was godzilla sized, only about twice the height of an average pony. He didn't seem to care though, or more accurately, was oblivous to it, as he was yet to learn what was "the norm" for ponys. He had only been living in manehatten for 3 days now, and didn't have a home nor a job. But this wasn't a problem since he had been living outside his entire life and knew of an abandoned dragon cave that had plenty of gold bits and jewels. As he was walking through the streets and passing by the usual stares of ponys and the occasional fainting mare when he spoted a building with multicolored flashing lights and faint music coming from it. "A dance club? I know that ponys love to dance, so what better way to learn about pony culture than to engage in one of its oldest past times!" As he made his way inside the establishment he only saw a few ponys inside who were conversing with each other. "Hmmm, there's not as many ponys here as I thought there would be. The banner outside did say grand opening, so I guess that's not too much of a surpise" He pondered this for a second. "Wait, this means I can become one of the regulars here!" He exclaimed just a tad too loudly.

(OOC; Sorry, thread Resurrection is go.. xD )

Pesto looked at Bright Fire distractedly and pointed to another spot on the VIP wall. She took out another print and handed it to him. "Here, can you hang that there?"

Thunder Peal smiled at the two DJ's, and then to Snowy. "Your brother is very enthusiastic. It's always nice to see an enthusiastic young one." He looked up as he heard a loud voice, and he blinked, trying to digest what he was seeing in front of the open door. His jaw dropped visibly and he pulled back his glasses to get a better look. "Woah. Uh, come on in! If you can..If you can even understand me."

Snpwy smiled a bit when Thunder mentioned her brother, she nodded. "Yeah..he really is.." She responded in a soft, quiet voice. She then turned her head too look behind her when she noticed his expression, her eyes widened in terror when she saw the giant praying mantis enter through the door.

(OCC; Oh joy, I am a useful thread reviver)

Squishy turned his head to the pony who called for him. 'Oh boy, pony social interaction!' he thought to himself. He walked over to the 2 ponys. "Hello, my name is Squishy. I am a praying mantis and..." Squisy tried to think of something else to say. "And I'm green!" he said cheerfully.

'Nailed it' He thought to himself.

(ooc: Ahh come on guys, I just joined this roleplay! Don't let it die now. Just in case, I've called in reinforcements to help get this thread moving again. She should be joining us sometime tomorrow. How about some help to get this thread rolling again by the time she joins us. This is her first roleplay, might I add. You wouldn't want her first rp experience on canterlot to be a dud, now would you?)

Thunder looked uneasily around him and nodded nervously at Squishy. "Er, yeah. Very green," he said, a little stuck for words. "Can I um.. Can I get you a drink?"

Seeing Snowy's shocked features, he positioned himself in front of her in order to make her feel more at ease, and perhaps a little more protected. He continued to smile uneasily at the mantis.

Squishy was even excited at the idea of drinking pony refreshments. Whenever he was thirsty, he would usually just dunk his head into a lake or stream and wait until his thirst was quenched. 'Oh boy, pony beverages. At this rate, I'll be indistinguishable from an average equine in no time!' He thought. "That would be great, yes please" He replied.

Snowy visibly relaxed a bit when Thunder stood in front of her, creating a distance between her and the giant praying mantis. She curiously peeked over Thunder to see if it was doing anything.

Mango was excited as she headed towards the club. She loved to go to these types of places, and went as often as she could. The light orange mare with a long, straight, dark orange mane and tail was dragging her friend by the tail to the club. "C'mon Peri! You're gonna love being here!" She hissed through clenched teeth, the other pony's tail in mouth.

"Absolutely not! Clubs are simply barbaric and dirty! Oh, stop! You're ruining my tail!" The lavender unicorn whined. She had a solid black mane and tail, which were both done like royalty. She wore a diamond necklace and a pearl bracelet. It was obvious that she came from a rather wealthy

"It's not that bad Imperial! HNG!" The orange mare huffed, as she pushed Imperial through the front doors of the club.

• 2 weeks later...

(OOC: I would be really disapointed if this thread were to die. I've been lookiing forward to roleplaying as a mantis for some time now.)

As he heard the doors open, Squishy turned his head 180 degrees to see that two more ponies have entered. 'Oh! This is an easy one' He thought. He turned himself around raised a single forearm, and slowly swayed it side to side. 'Just like a regular pony' He thought.

Thunder winced a little. This thing was clearly unnerving him, and it was clear that he didn't like the fact that it was scaring Snowy. In fact, Snowy strongly reminded him of his own crush, and hence was why he tried to protect the mare from everything that had preyed upon her that evening.

"Uh yeah, what .. Umm.. How about a cider? Or water if you'd prefer?"

He smiled weakly at the two new arrivals and turned back to Squishy. "So uh yeah, what would you like?"