[Travel][Trottingham-to-Canterlot]Journey of Friends[shreddedpegasus, open to all]

IceStorm

It was just after mid-afternoon in the city of Trottingham. Wind Dancer was just getting ready to perform her act on one of the fields that were in one of the parks close to the city gates. It was amazing, although a bit cramped. She'd make it work though, she'd danced with less space before. She wasn't one for much in the way of introductions and without wasting much for time she pulled out her phonograph and one of her classic music records. It was one of her favorites and she quickly made sure it was on correctly. Since she had been doing this for a while she had even figured out how to incorporate started the music into her choreography.

The winds kicked up as she passed though move after move and flowed straight into song after song. She couldn't even tell if there was a crowd gathering or not. Even if there wasn't she was happy to know that if anypony did watch her they would be entertained. After she made it through the five movements she decided to give it a rest for now. She'd already been here for a couple days going from park to park and now she was just deciding on where to go next.

The train came to slow hissing sound as it stopped at the platform. The doors slowly moved before quickening to an open. "Ahh.. Trottingham!" A voice said before stepping beyond the carriage's doors and onto the platform. The stallion emerging, brandishing an elegant uniform of the REA, with the beauty of his neatly cut mane, ran his hoof through it before looking around the occupied platform. His eyes darted back and forth before he spotted a pair of REA uniformed ponies near the exit amidst the crowd. He approached the two colts and saluted them promptly. "You'll find my papers are in order." he said as he handed some credentials to one of the guards.

The guards looked at each other and nodded before one said "Good to have you aboard for a few days Ironmane." with a smile.

As Ironmane and the two guards walked through the town square, he couldn't help but take in the essence of the city. "I can see why you colts are stationed here. Such a... beautiful city." Ironmane said whilst turning his head to take in the visuals.

"Whats this..?" Ironmane asked as he stared at a pattern of wind and pony movement. "Nothing more than one of the many street entertainers Trottingham gets." One of the guards who had chimed in responded. "Heh.. Uhh you colts go along without me.. I might stay here in the town square and take in some more visuals as well as filling up my hungry stomach. You know, long train ride and all." With that said Ironmane disappeared into the crowd and towards the pegasus in the park, leaving the two guards standing there taking a moment to register what he had said before shrugging their shoulders and continuing on their way.

Wind Dancer felt a rumble deep in her stomach and she felt it was time to grab something from one of the local merchants. After all, they were kind enough to allow her space to dance so she should be equally as kind as to return the favor by providing them with business. She packed up her phonograph and made sure her records were securely placed in her saddle bag. She didn't want anything getting to them as some of her favorites she couldn't find anymore. She then scooted into her saddlebags as another pegasi started to approach her. He was well built, very buff and quite tall. His coat was that of a Navy blue, and his mane expertly groomed. He was definitely a sight to behold, which at the same time he was walking straight for her. It made her feel as had done something wrong. She didn't think that her winds got out of control, she was making sure of it. Had she accidentally Damaged something?

As he got closer she started to relax as she didn't see anything on him that would show that he was a guard, or that was, at least he wasn't wearing any of the armor if he was. She went back so finished what she was doing as she waited for him to inevitably come towards her. Whether he was actually approaching her or just happened to be walking in her direction she would find out soon enough. For her own sake though, after securing her saddle bag on her back, she did a quick glance around just to make sure nothing was damaged from her dancing. Everything seemed to be in order so she felt even more at ease.

Making his way through the crowd, the other pegasi had finished and began packing up. As the distance shortened he noticed the mare was a tad anxious and checking her surroundings. "Was I intimidating?" He thought. He shrugged his shoulders and stopped about hoofs length away from the other pegasus. "Well, hello there, I couldn't help but notice what you were doing a few minutes ago, it was quite a display of pony finesse. Something I do rarely see and I've been to even the darkest corners of Equestria." Ironmane commented with a smile.

The moment that Wind Dancer was waiting for had arrived. The other pegasi had approached her, though when she heard him speak it was in a very friendly voice. I should really stop judging other ponies on first sight. Especially since I hate it when other ponies do that to me because of this scar... she thought to herself. He praised her for her finesse, and that it was something that was rarely seen here in Equestria anymore, even in it's darkest regions. "I just dance because it's fun, and I like spreading smiles, though I know my particular for of dancing can be dangerous if I lose myself in it. The winds flow with me when I dance, so I've had to learn to be precise to keep from damaging things around me," she said with a smile now knowing that she wasn't in trouble for something.

As Ironmane listened to the pegasi regale him with her reasoning behind her love of entertaining. "So, are you a local resident of fair Trottingham then? Perhaps you would like to accompany me to one of the many food stores available here and show me around? Although my travels have taken me to many areas of Equestria, I never really had a lot of time to spend enjoying the cities themselves." Ironmane asked with a friendly tone whilst smoothing his uniform and running a hoof through his mane.

Even though he HAD been to many cities across Equestria, it was in fact true that he had little time available to devote towards ENJOYING the locations he was in. With the very sudden transfer out of his unit in Stalliongrad to Canterlot had been quite a surprise and shock to him and left him feeling the need to find some comfort in social situations.

Wind Dancer paused for a moment unsure of how to phrase her answer to his question. Ultimately she decided that she'd just have to say it. "Well, actually I'm not a resident here either. I was born and raised in Cloudsdale. I'm only here on tour, and I was actually just finishing with it. I was just going to go get some food and get head to head to my next venue in the morning. I'd be happy to accompany you for lunch though if you'd like," she said with a smile noticing uniform. "Hey, what kind of uniform is that? I've never seen one like that before," she commented dumbfounded.

Ironmane listened as the pegasus corrected his initial thoughts on her being a resident and told him she'd be happy to accompany him for lunch before pointing out his uniform.

"Oh.. uhh this?" Ironmane said whilst pointing his hoof to his uniform. "No wonder she might've felt anxious when I approached her earlier" he said to himself in his head. "It's the uhh.. Royal Equestrian Army's standard officer's uniform.." he said smiling whilst darting his eyes left and right in an attempt to not sound arrogant about it.

"Oh, The Royal Equestrian Army? I've heard of them, but I'm not exactly sure of what it is they do. The only enforcement I know of are guards, and I mostly try to stay out of the way. If I leave them alone then they have no reason to bother me," she stated confidently. "So, what are you thinking for lunch? I haven't the slightest idea what is overly amazing and what is, but it's all been fair. It's Trottingham so there is an air of quality that just seems standard in this city from what I've seen," she commented as she looked at several of the eateries.