Sonic the Hedgehog General Thread

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genesis games were heaven. The comics ranged from grimdark awesome to hokey Archie. So did the comics. Speaking of the comics, I need a good jumping on point because of current awesome plot twists. Sonic Generations, Sega's current brilliant idea is actually brilliant. I feel fast again.

Pwai! Someone else who likes the Comic's plot, I seen it receive quite the barrage, and with ponies I let it go... Now I'l catch up from 225... (got some even unopened)

Notices Ashton comment... Got that abomination, concretely, the whole model 1 flavor...

IMG_4276-1.jpg

Gotta try that...

Pwai! Someone else who likes the Comic's plot, I seen it receive quite the barrage, and with ponies I let it go... Now I'l catch up from 225... (got some even unopened)

Notices Ashton comment... Got that abomination, concretely, the whole model 1 flavor...

IMG_4276-1.jpg

Gotta try that...

MOTHER OF CELESTIA !

that there is the ultimate set up

What a twist! /M. Night Shamylan (probably didn't get his last name right but whatever)

Still, I enjoyed Spinball. Anyone else beat it? I also remember that chain in the Lava Powerhouse. You know exactly which one I'm talking about...

What a twist! /M. Night Shamylan (probably didn't get his last name right but whatever)

Still, I enjoyed Spinball. Anyone else beat it? I also remember that chain in the Lava Powerhouse. You know exactly which one I'm talking about...

Yes I have! It was a rough game! Did you see the SatAM references during the bonus stages?

Yes! Although I don't remember much of SatAM now, I hardly ever got to watch it though... This guy beat every single bonus round in Spinball on one occasion. Not to mention I'm neurotic when it comes to collecting the rings in one ball for the multiball bonus games!

It's really good. There was actually a complete DVD release of it not terribly long ago, though it's a bit hard to find. It's really good -- they even used fanart to decorate the box/DVDs with and included a bunch of extras like the scripts.

I found out just now that SA2B might be coming to the XBL marketplace and the PSN store.

Should be fun to play again since my gamecube controller is busted =(

Oh yeah! I hope they update the visuals and make it less buggy. Some of the SA2 levels/goals were really tough! I wouldn't mind re-experiencing this game. Sonic Adventure, however? Never again. I just remembered what a pain in the flank the Biolizard was!

I'll keep an eye out for it Rose and was it the one that spawned the "That's No Good!" meme?

Nope -- SatAM was adventure and followed a (more or less) continuous storyline. The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog was more of a spinoff that focused on comedy/slapstick/cartoon humor. Every episode had a segment called "Sonic Sez" where he'd give advice to kids. The "That's No Good" meme came from this video:

I found out just now that SA2B might be coming to the XBL marketplace and the PSN store.

I was so mad when I got on my Xbox today and I saw that they had a sale on arcade games and they had the Sonic Adventure 2 cover for a Sonic Adventure DX ad. Make me want to smash Sega!

I am an avid Sonic the Hedgehog fan, having grown up with the Genesis, SatAM, Sonic Underground, and the like. I know the OP did not want to turn this into a discussion about the old games versus the new games, but I cannot give my true opinion of the series as a whole without at least touching upon the subject.

To keep it short and simple, my overall opinion of the games is that as long as Sonic is running very fast towards the right, then it's probably a good game in my books. The Genesis games, and most of the GBA/DS/3DS handheld titles are very solid in my books. The vast majority of the 3D games, short of Sonic Adventure and Sonic Generations, I found to be very disappointing. In terms of the Sonic spinoffs, I enjoyed Battle and Chronicles quite a lot. Battle was surprising in its depth of combat, and Chronicles was an overall great RPG that made great use of the DS touch controls.

If I had to pick and choose my top 3 favorite Sonic the Hedgehog titles...

1. Sonic CD

2. Sonic the Hedgehog 3

3. Sonic Generations

Trinal, you forgot about Spinball, that one was a lot of fun! I also enjoyed Battle to no end. Just getting those Rare data chips was a pain!

Awwww Sonic, I remember you well, and I loved how the game flowed. None of this look around see what's there first person style game play where you get attacked from some random direction. I loved it when I got sonic going so fast he went off the screen and was just flying through a stage like it was nothing.

• 3 weeks later...

Sega, and by extension Sonic, always were a little special to me what with the genesis being my first console and all. I played Sonic 2 and Sonic and Knuckles way to much when I was younger, to the point I could beat Sonic 2 while upside down and I could get all the Chaos Emeralds for S&K by the second act of the flying battery. I also had Sonic 3D blast, which was okay but a little too repetitive, and Sonic Spinball which was pretty fun up to the last level which just felt like a ridiculous difficulty jump.

I enjoyed most of the Modern games, probably the original Sonic Adventure was my favorite.

Just throwing this out there but if a sonic 4: episode 3 does get made I hope they bring back Mecha Sonic.

In my opinion he was a rather popular robot character and a persistent one at that.

Didn't he only appear in S&K? Though he did have a slightly cooler look than metal sonic I guess.

Didn't he only appear in S&K? Though he did have a slightly cooler look than metal sonic I guess.

If you go by the Japanese games, Mecha Sonic appeared in Sonic the Hedgehog (Gamegear), Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and Sonic & Knuckles. In the North American Version, the robot Sonic that appears in the first two is known as Silver Sonic instead.

Archived