Musical Night

MusicalNight

Name: Musical Night

Species: Pegasus

Pelt Color: Black, Very small white spots representing stars on his coat which gave him the name Musical Night, His wings are tipped with purple.

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Mane:Black and green, covering the right eye, Tail: Black with purple streaks

Eye Color: Purple

Cutie Mark: A musical note and 3 stars. He got it as he was young as he figured out his love for music, He came up with ways to make music out of anything!

Physique: Slender

Residence: Ponyville

Motivation: Melodic music!

Likes: Music, Neon colors, hanging out with friends, flying around, and night time!

Dislikes: Diamond Dogs! Crowds, and Bullies

Character Summary: A some what silent pony until you get to know him, Once you get to know him he opens up! He can be often heard humming melodic tunes when he is by himself, Or even when hanging out with friends!

Not much is known about his early childhood, One day he just showed up in Cloudsdale as a little foal and was soon taken in by one of the flight school teachers,and attended classes but not doing so well in classes, Later, He perfected his flying for himself, He struggled alot in flight school, With a little more of a slender shape then most males, many students thought him to be a girl.

Early on he decided to sneak out one night after attending a concert, He managed to make his way back into the concert hall and back stage where there were instruments left. Within minutes he had instruments lined around them, plucking strings with his wings, and banging drums with his hooves as if he had been doing it forever, at that moment he realized his special talent was music, After he was done playing he sat down to rest for a moment, and out of the corner of his eye, he looked to his flank to see that his cutie mark had revealed itself! A beautiful music note with 3 stars surrounding it.

He enjoyed attending Wonderbolts shows ever since his guardian/teacher took him to his first show, He was amazed at their graceful stunts, And loved the music they flew to. There wasnt a thing he didnt like about their shows. He knew that someday he would be the musical director for The Wonderbolts, No matter what stood in his way.

Musical decided he wanted to make his own instruments, With the help of his guardian, He got materials and tools to work on different types of simple instruments within his colthood skill, Guitars, drums, mini-pianos, and small flutes. He would soon expand his skills with time. Friends would come over and see his work, They would tell other ponies about them, and many would come by to buy them. He eventually began commissioning instruments, Making great amounts of money for every instruments.

When he became a colt, He grew curious of things under the clouds, He begged his guardian to let him descend for weeks. Finally, he was given permission to fly under the clouds, he flew around for awhile before stumbling upon Ponyville, He spoke with ponies all over and made some great friends. He decided he would go back home to Cloudsdale and pack his stuff and move to Ponyville so he could make more instruments and new friends!, After some long and hard thinking, Musical's guardian got in contact with a good friend of his in Ponyville, A brown Pegasus with a golden mane named FigureEight (nicknamed after his favorite flying trick as a colt) and convinced him to let Musical stay with him.

Musical now resides in Ponyville making instruments and music for anypony!

First things first--for your character, you say they're "adrogynous". While we respect whatever gender your character relates to/acts like, we do not use labels. Your character is simply male, or female. How they ACT is up to you, and the character summary is a good place to explain how they act, what their personality is like, and maybe why they are the way they are. What things in life shaped and molded them into the pony they are today?

About their pelt color...I think the sunlight sparkle thing is on the edge of making the character a "sparkle pony"--which are not allowed. I'll need a second opinion, perhaps from another Helpstaff, or better yet, from a Moderator or Admin, to see if this can stay.

As for going to flight school with Rainbow Dash, I think this is low-key enough to pass. We're not supposed to have characters that have close relationships with or family ties to the main cast. Once we RP, we can build stronger relationships with cast members. But what you put is seemingly subtle.

Your character, right now, has a pretty basic story. You should expand a bit on your character, help us get to know him.

For example, how did he get his Cutie Mark? Why isn't much known about his past? Maybe where his love of music and the Wonderbolts comes from. If he was he born in Cloudsdale, why did he move to Ponyville? What else has he done in life? Does he own a shop, if not, where does he work? Is there a reason he doesn't like Diamond Dogs?

Explore your character, that's all you gotta do. :)

I agree with Tales, the sparklepony part should probably be omitted...not that he can't have a fabulously shiny black coat! The Androgynous part does need to go, though. I respect and understand the point, but it has no place here for the purposes of RP. Also, characters are not supposed to have close relationships with Main Cast, not in their profiles...though they can develop them through the RP!

There we go., I hope thats fixed up enough! Sorry it was so sloppy guys, I wrote it at 5am, so that wasnt the best idea on my behalf! But i suppose i wanted to get the idea down before i lost it!

Well, if you weren't sure if it was done, you could have put a WIP tag in the title. :) S'okay though!

There we go., I hope thats fixed up enough! Sorry it was so sloppy guys, I wrote it at 5am, so that wasnt the best idea on my behalf! But i suppose i wanted to get the idea down before i lost it!

Well, if you weren't sure if it was done, you could have put a WIP tag in the title. :) S'okay though!

I'm pretty satisfied with it now :) But if there is anything that still needs work, Please tell me!

I think Tales brought up some good points in that first reply. I'd like to see the character summery expanded to answer some of those questions brought up.

There we go. I hope i cleared up at least most of the questions that could be asked about my character! And of course, Anymore that it needs, Just tell me!

P.S. Thanks for being patient, I'm not the best writer at all!

He could run away from his own home, but he'd still likely have to be either taken under someone else's wing, or else he might do 'odd jobs' somewhere. Maybe he has a little box or something he uses as his 'shop' until he earns enough money to buy his own place to have a shop. Colts should be considered anyone under the age of around twenty, and there aren't very many under twenty year olds that are self-sufficient to that nature, and certainly unlikely in Equestria. You could have him apprenticed under an as yet unnamed stallion/mare who runs a music shop, or something similar nearby and put them in as a character later. My own Sun Sprout, for example, lives at her mother's shop 'Heather Blossom's' but I haven't actually app'd Heather Blossom yet because I don't really have much of an intention of playing her directly. Not all characters mentioned in an RP have to necessarily be player characters, that's what NPC and background characters are for. Consider giving him some growing room, as a colt, he's still young and inexperienced in the world and still has much to learn from it.

So say i could change it to: in his colt years, he made and sold instruments and commissioned music under his guardians supervision in Cloudsdale till he got enough money to buy his own shop in Ponyville?

If that sounds good i can put it in the description with more detail later today, I gotta be off for a dentist appointment *Shudders*

Sorry, I got busy with other things. I'm still not comfortable with a colt owning and running his own shop by himself. That opens the door to anybody wanting to run a store with a colt or filly that should still be in school. Even if you make up a guardian (And you don't have to app them, just can't RP with them until you do, though you can make suggestions to their appearance and existence and things they're doing) you can largely have him running the shop with suggested supervision, he just can't be solo on that venture.

Musical decided he wanted to make his own instruments, With the help of his guardian, He got materials and tools to work on different types of instruments, Guitars, drums, mini-pianos, You name it! Friends would come over and see his work, They would tell other ponies about them, and many would come by to buy them. He eventually began commissioning instruments, Making great amounts of money for every instruments.

Being a younger pony, I think making full-fledged instruments would be just a -bit- above his reach until he's a little older. Crude versions, and some passable quality ones (Though pianos, even mini ones are -incredibly hard- and might be above his reach at the present time), so I'd recommend merely suggesting he has aspirations to making more complex ones. For now, I'd think he could do drums, simple guitars, banjos, tambourines and simple horns. More complex things like trumpets and other brasses, piano-type instruments, and woodwinds would be something he'd pick up later on after garnering more experience.

Ok, one thing i would really like to point out though. I guess i should have pointed this out. But he is in his late colt years. I'd say equivalent to 17 or 18, Like myself, He started making instruments in his early colt years,starting with the simple stuff around equivalent to 13-14. So he has had quite abit of experience.

Ok, one thing i would really like to point out though. I guess i should have pointed this out. But he is in his late colt years. I'd say equivalent to 17 or 18, Like myself, He started making instruments in his early colt years,starting with the simple stuff around equivalent to 13-14. So he has had quite abit of experience.

That's still not quite enough time in his life to be a master enough to make pianos. In our world, as far as I know making a piano from scratch is something that practically only master stringers and builders are able to do unless they have machines and assembly lines to do it. Each piano is a very complex piece of carefully crafted components all fitting together in a very specific way, with tuning of hundreds of strings, along with pullies and levers. A piano may be a prospective goal, but I doubt that at his present age he'd have made even one by himself unless he'd started in his early early early colthood in which case, it'd be extremely crude. I'm not saying he can't make one, or even be in the process of making one, but I'd keep this in mind. Many other things, like guitars, are actually much simpler to build. A piano could be considered no more complex than a guitar in some ways, but it's manufacture is vastly as complicatedly different from a guitar as a lawnmower is from an automobile.