Summer of Pony ~ Session IX ~ PYOA Part III

7 members have voted

1. 1. Read the whole post (or the TLDR) before voting

• Answer 1
    • Answer 2
    • Answer 3

Welcome to part three of my "Poll Your Own Adventure" story!

Here is what happened in Part I:

Ah, the warm summer sun feels great. But better still will be relaxing after walking for a while day. So this is Ponyville? It is as scenic and quaint as they say. Perhaps a few days here will push out the big city worries for a while. There are some cute looking shops, but they can wait. Time to find a place to sit down and eat...and there, just beyond that pink pony is....

Hi I'm Pinkie Pie and I've never seen you before and if I've never seen you before you must be new and if you're new that means you haven't met anypony yet and if you haven't met anypony yet then you must be lonely and if you are lonely you must want to meet friends and if you want to meet friends you should do it at Sugarcube Corner so here we are have a piece of cake!

Huh. How did I get inside? I must have blinked. But this cake looks tasty...

Oh, thanks. My name is...

Well howdy stranger! 'Though I s'pose you ain't really a stranger once you've met Pinkie Pie. I'm Applejack! Welcome to Ponyville!

Pinkie did you waylay another pony on their way through town? We go through this every week...

Hi there, I'm Twilight Sparkle, and I can see that you have been traveling, take a seat and I'll have Mrs. Cake whip you up a milkshake. What brings you here?

I'm on vacation. Just looking for something to do and someponies to do it with.

Well you sure are in luck! Why, tomorrow is our annual Cook's Competition! There will be plenty of tasty vittles to eat, and...say, are you interested in entering are you? I'd be happy to share my kitchen with you!

Oh that's a great idea! You can team up with one of us, and if you don't have a place to stay we can lend you a bed, and we can stay up late swapping stories!

Or you know, get a good nights rest and be ready for tomorrow. I've read that sleep deprivation has a negative effect on performance on a wide range of competitions.

Hmmm, three invitations already! What a friendly town!

Who should I stay with?

Well, I appreciate all of your offers! I will stay with _______.

And the results of the voting:

Untitled2.png

Here is what happened in Part II:

If there is anyone here who can get my mind off of home, it is Pinkie. Competing with her will be fun win or lose.

Well, I appreciate all of your offers! I'd be happy to stay with you Pinkie.

Ah, you'll have a blast! And here's that milkshake...

After several hours of shooting the breeze and introducing yourself to everypony who walks in (Pinkie won't let them past), you discover that Pinkie is shirking her duties in the bakery and that she will never run out of breath. You may not get much rest tonight, but maybe you can get away for a bit. You start looking for a way to escape...

...And this is Rarity!

It's a pleasure to meet you! How long will you be in town?

You admit that you don't know, for perhaps the 10th time all day

Well, the first thing I do while I get into town after traveling is visit our spa. It is simply luxurious after...

Sounds wonderful! I don't suppose you could point me in that direction? My aching muscles could use some pampering.

Darling, I can do better than that, I could keep you company during our treatments!

You discover that Rarity never runs out of breath either, but she makes it obvious when to say "is that so?" or "and then what happened?" and you are soon lost in a sea of pleasure

When you eventually walk out with Rarity, she is beaming and the sky is dark.

Thank you, that was wonderful! I don't suppose you could show me where Pinkie lives?

There is nothing simpler! She lives in the loft above the very bakery where we met! Have a good evening, you are a lovely conversationalist.

As you walk back you realize that you haven't had much to eat today, but any worrying you do is for naught after you find the lights still on and Pinkie baking up a storm in the bakery kitchen.

Hello again Pinkie, what is all this?

Well, I was thinking about last years cooks competition, and all the tasty treats and I remembered the lemon pie that...

And she's off again, but there is a full meal and desert waiting for you. Afterwards, you do the dishes to hurry things along, and head upstairs. She is STILL going a mile a minute, but colapses upon getting up to the loft and the silence is deafening. Looking around, you see both a bed and a couch with sheets and blankets. You pull a blanket form the bed, drape it over Pinkie, and lay down on top of the blankets on the couch...

DingalingaCLASHalingalingalingCLASHalingalingalingCLASHalingalingalingCLASH!

You bolt up to see what is going on, there is confetti everywhere, brightly flashing lights, horns blasting...and it is all coming from a strange contraption in the middle of the room with a clock on the front.

Do you like my party clock? It rings everytime there is a party, though sometimes I forget to set it but I never forget to set it when I have guests over because I don't want them to miss it! I usually forget my birthday because its right after gummy's but my friends don't forget so I get a surprise birthday every year!

There is a competition AND a party today?

No silly, but you aren't here for very long and a competition kinda counts!

You notice that there s only one arm on the clock, and just eight hour markers...

Pinkie, how do you set this? How do you know that we aren't already late?

That's not a problem! As soon as this bad boy goes off, everyone in town knows that whatever big event happening today starts in an hour! Everyone loves my party clock. Ponies keep sneaking in, taking pieces off and hiding them, and I love games so I search the town until I find them again so we can all be ready for the next party!

An hour or so later, and after a nice breakfast, the town is gathered at City Hall, and a gray-haired pony welcomes you, and invites the Mr. Cake up to explain the rules:

The rules are the same as last year:

1) You have 4 hours to complete one entry.

2) And your entry must be on theme.

3) Entries are judged on taste, presentation and adhearance to the theme.

And now the moment you are have all been waiting for: This years theme is...food that starts with the letter 'C'!

GO!

You turn to look at Pinkie and she is vibrating with excitement.

So, uh, what do you want to make?

We should make a calzone, a chimichanga, cannolis, a casserole, chuncky clam chowder with chives AND...

Whoa whoa whoa, do we have time for all that, can't we pick just one?

Ok which one sounds tastiest?

Well, I like the thought of the ___________.

And the results of the voting:

pollII.png

The story continues: (with a TLDR at the bottom)

Well, I've had Cannolis before, and they are tasty, lets go with that!

GASP!

Pinkie bounds down the road at what appears to be a casual pace, but you struggle to keep up with her. Her voice is melodious as she exclaims:

Pumpkin, Pepermint, Peaches, Pistachio, Peanut Butter, so many types of Cannolis! We're going to have them coming out of our nosebags!

Before you know it, you are at the market, which answers the question of where you were going. There is a banner hung accross the road welcoming the competitors, and vendors are waiting with stocked stalls and signs promising great deals. You and Pinkie are the first there, though others are on their way as well. In a manner of seconds, pinkie has visited every stand and has reapeared in front of you.

Uh, how about we focus our efforts a bit, maybe on flavors that fit the theme. Like cranberries or cinnamon or cherries?

Or maybe cran-cini-cherry!

Um, well...that...might...be really good! Why not?

You pop your eyes open wide, careful not to blink, and this time as Pinkie races amung the vendors, you can track her progress, and are less surprised when she appears before you loaded up with berries. Or, you would be if she weren't balanced on a single hind leg.

We're off to a good start! What else goes into cannolis? I've never made them before.

I have no idea! I don't even know what a cannolis is.

We're off to a...start...I guess. Shall we go find a recipe?

Do we need a recipe? How hard can it be?

What is your response? Go down to the key, and then up to the poll to vote.

TLDR: Neither of you know how to make Cannolis, how do you want to proceed? Vote for your answer in the poll.

Answer 1: Let's wing it then!

Answer 2: Let's find a cookbook at the library!

Answer 3: Let's find a cookbook at Sugarcube Corner!

hi hi

Lets face it, if we were cooking to win, we wouldn't have gone with Pinkie Pie in the first place. Neigh, we're cooking for fun, and thus the only real answer is answer number 1! :D Onward! Undiscovered culinary creations await!

Pineapple, Plum, Pomegranate, Pear, Pecans, Praline? Nah!

• Like 1

Lets face it, if we were cooking to win, we wouldn't have gone with Pinkie Pie in the first place. Neigh, we're cooking for fun, and thus the only real answer is answer number 1! :D Onward! Undiscovered culinary creations await!

It is becoming increasingly clear that our protagonist...is not me. : )