A race at Stardust Speedway [ Open to all ]

(( Had the idea for this one a few days ago when playing sonic CD ))

Once ever 5 years the legendary Stardust Speedway appears over Canterlot for a single week. It is during this one week where ponies from all over the land come to race across the speedway. Tournaments are held on each day and all the different pony species are welcome. The most popular race of all is on the 6th day where pegasus, Unicorns and earth ponies all compete in a single race, using there wings, magic or physical strength to get to the finish line.

On the 6th day bright fire chose to attend and take part in the race, while he isn't the fastest pegasus around he would certainly enjoy the event. "Lets see" he said to himself as he looked for his starting position on the speedway "I'm placed 15th on the track??" he thought to himself "oh well better than been at the back..."

Elsewhere hidden behind one of the many pillars of the speedway a corrupted nemesis waited to announce his plans "Wont be long now" he said as his once blue visor glowed a blood red colour...

Wildfire was ready for the great race. She had taken part every race since she was a young filly. She new she would win again this time, but she had her own rival, Rainbow Dash, the fastest pegasus in Ponyville. Wildfire was a pegasus hailing from Manehatton who had been racing her entire life. Alright I wonder what the competion will this year.

Snowy took her mark on th track. She was placed number ten. Nopony would be able to tell from looking at her, but she was a very fast flier.Although she has never entered in a competition before, she felt that this event was special and would be a fun experience. She wasn't really the type to compete, but her brothers had finally convinced her to go through with her decision even though she was pretty nervous about it. She glanced around the track at the other ponies to see what she was up against.

BrightFire took a quick look around the track to see if he saw anypony he knew, he spotted a pony who looked like she came from a distant city he didn't know her but she looked like she had experience in this kind of thing.

Then at 10th place he spotted someone he knew "hello again" he said as he approached her "sorry but we met at that club some time ago? a stallion got mad at you and I asked him to leave?" he remembered the whole thing like it was yesterday and hoped this mare did too "um well anyway its nice to see you again"

Nemesis took to the sky over the speedway and he scanned the whole track until he spotted what he was looking for "there" he said in a evil tone. a crack on the track, his motives are still unclear but whoever infected him with this A.I wants the speedway destoryed.

Shadow headed for the race, she was placed 14th on the track and was a tad nervous. So far she couldn't see any other unicorns here, only Pegasai and that did rake her nerves. Pegasai were most likely to win in a racing situation, they were made for speed. But Shadow was confident in her magic ability and hoped she knew enough tricks to get to the finish. Of course, teleporting was probably not allowed, it was unfair for the others. But she knew a few more ways of getting around. She took a deep breath and brushed her long black mane away from her eyes, large and deep purple-blue in colour. She blinked as she tried to calm herself down.

Snowy turned around to face the red Pegasus. "H-Hello.." She responded shyly. She slightly tilts her head to the side as she thinks about the time he describes "I..do remember you.." She visably grimaces as she remembers her experience at that place.

BrightFire smiled and glad she remember "well I'd better get to my place. it was nice seeing you again and good luck in the race" he walked off and got to his place and noticed a unicorn with a black mane placed 14th next to himself "I wouldn't be too nervous" he said to the nervous looking unicorn "I saw a couple of unicorns in the 6th and 11th place, I'm sure you'll do fine!" he said rather confidently in this unknown unicorns abilities.

Just then the announcer with a speaker appeared in a hot air balloon and spoke to the racers and crowd "Welcome everypony to the final event of the stardust speedway yearly celebration! We have a lot of racers here today form all over the land. and of course the winner will receive a small prize and a chance to meet the great princess celestia and Princess Luna!" The hot air balloon hovered over the crowd "I'll go over the rules for any of you new racers here today. Unicorns are not allowed to teleport, earth ponies cannot use anything that may increase there physical abilites for this race and pegasus ponies must do a part of the race on hoof"

Snowy smiled a bit and faced forward when he walked away. She listened as the announcer spoke and her eyes widened a bit. Wow...the chance to meet Princess Celistia and Princess Luna..that would be such an honor...She began to stretch while she waited for the race to start. If she would have to use her hooves for half of the race, she better prepare for it.

Wildfire stretched her wings and legs and planned on how she will run the race. When she heard about the prize didn't really care for she was there the fun of the competion. She took her place at the 6th position and searched for Rainbow Dash.

BrightFire listened to the announcer and was rather taken back at the fact that he and other other pegasus ponies MUST do a part of the race on hoof, he wasn't a fast runner he relied on his wings almost all the time.

The announcer spoke again to the crowd "The race will get under way in 10 minutes, just incase anyone arrives late. there are still a few empty spaces on the track there."

Passion was awaiting the start of the race, giving one more glance to her competition. She'd never won, her wings just didn't carry her as fast. She didn't care, really. She just loved the feeling it gave her. She stood proudly, shaking her long, unruly powder-blue hair out of her dark purple eyes. She was excited to hear the race would start soon. Though, the light purple pegasus tried to stay patient like the others.

Snowy took a deep breath when she heard that the race was starting soon. She was pretty fast on her hooves, although she was even faster with her wings. She closed her eyes as she mentally prepares herself for the event ahead. She was very nervous and was pretty sure that she wouldn't even come close to winning, but she would try her best, and make her brothers proud.

BrightFire got ready to race his wings were ready, his hoofs were ready he knew what he would do and hoped to come at least in the top 5 for the runner up prizes. and hoped that the blue pegasus and newly met unicorn also came in at good places.

Nemesis on the other hand was far away from the start point, his eyes glowed a corrupted deep red and he smacked his robotic hoof into a crack on the speedway. making it bigger "yeeessss" he said "destory.....speedway..." he attempted to resist the virus that had overtaken his programing but with no luck.

the anouncer spoke out again "Racers get ready the countdown will begin in 2 minutes!"

At the call of only two minutes left, Passion narrowed her eyes, focusing forward. "You can do this... you can. Hey? Who cares, right?" She whispered to herself, and those feelings started come. Her heart beated fastly, and her stomach got a nervous feeling, like when you're about to win something, but your afraid you might fail at the last minute. She loved this feeling, and she stretched out her wings, and folded them back in. She liked the feeling stretching gave her, as well, plus, she needed to make sure her wings were ready.

"Its time to begin the race everypony! good luck to you all!" the announcer said over the speaker as he activated the countdown lights

Red

Brightfire raised his wings

Amber

His wings began to flap to get momentum

Green

He was about to set off when several other pegasus ponies blew past with enough speed to disorientate him, a few seconds later he got his bearings and set off at speed. "darn" he thought to himself "that's put me back 5 places!"

Passion's eyes widened, her eyes like mirrors as they reflected the lights. 'Red, wait. Yellow, get ready. Green, GO.' Her mind told her what to do, and then her hooves and wings took over. She began to race, her hooves pounding louder than her heart as she raced, keeping with the rhythm and beat of the others racing around with her. With her eyes only on what lays ahead of her, though, she felt all alone. Only her racing on that track.

"WAIT! WAIT FOR ME!!" galloping up for far behind the starting line was a purple pegasus, with a pair of goggles around her neck "oh no no no. i'm sooooo late!" she said to herself as she strapped her goggles over her eyes and increased her running speed. when she crossied the starting line she took to the air. The pegasus mare's name was South Wind, and she was starting in last place.

South: bhpcj.jpg

As soon as the count down began, she got in her starting position. Her wings began to flap when the light hit green, and as soon as it turned green, she took off as fast as her hooves and wings would allow.

Wildfire waited for the eager ponies to get a good head start before she took off just short of a sonic rainboom passing all the contenders and easily getting half a lap away before she landed and precede to canter. That'll do for now. Now I'll wait for them to catch back up.

Brightfire had picked up some speed and with hit he used his boost talent to shoot forward for a few seconds before going back to his max speed, that put him forward by seven places "Alright!" he thought to himself "a couple more of those and I'll be in the top ten!" during the race he took a look to his right to see the land beyond canterlot it was an amazing sight to see, he then put his focus back on the race as he approached a sign that told pegasus ponies to begin running and not flying...

Nemesis looked over and zoomed in to see that the racers were fast approaching his location, his eyes glowed a brilliant red as he turned to the crack on the speedway and hit it one last time which caused the section of the track to rumble and the crack grew bigger.

South was making her way through the stragglers in the back of the pack. She took a moment to glance at the crowd, her friends cheering her on. for a moment she started to think about all they had done to help her prepare for the race, then she realized this was no time for a flash back and sped forward.

in the running section she dropped out of the sky and landed on the track rolling. she didn't miss a beat, coming out of the roll into a frantic gallop "why did it have to be running, I fly every where." she glanced at one of her none flying friends and shook her doubts away, steadying her run and adding more speed to it.