[Hoofington] Cotton Candy's Cottage

Balance turned away from the house, and saw the cottage. He followed her in, with a big smile. "Nice place here! Looks quite cozy, I must say! Have any animals? 'Cause if you have a cat, that would just... Complete this entire place! Of course, I say cat's complete ANY place, but I actually mean it when I say a cat would do well here." Balance started ranting off, going further and further away from topic. "Oh, right, we're here to try some cotton candy." Balance remembered how hungry he was for food, and started speaking quickly. "So where is it?! Is it done?! Will it need to be made?! SO MANY QUESTIONS!"

(In case you didn't catch it, I'm continuing from the book RP thing)

"Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Oh no I can't afford to feed and care for a cat. I spend almost all my money on candy books and ingredients. Cats do compliment almost everywhere. It is pretty cozy." She fumbled over her words trying desperately to keep up with Balances words. She was thankful when he finally slowed down. She thought his talking had ceased after he asked about cotton candy but then he started asking more and more questions about it. He certainly enjoys talking She thought good-naturedly. "well I just bought the ingredients while I was in town so we will have to make it. In the meantime would you like a brownie? I made them yesterday." She asked him noting that her own rumbling stomach.

Brownie? As in... Chocolate Brownie?

"YES!" He suddenly jumped up and yelled. He went to the ground, and gave a nervous laugh. "I mean, yes." He followed her into the kitchen, noting the cotton candy machine. He was taken by the sweet smell of sugar in her kitchen. "Must be awesome waking up to this every morning!" He saw the brownies on the counter by the stove, and held himself back from ravenously eating them all. "So, how much for..." How much do we have?

We have... Balance checked his coat pockets, and found two bits. Shouldn't have spent so much at the book store. "Erm, how much for one?"

Cotton candy blushed. "Thanks for the offer to pay but I did invite you didn't I?" She smiled "Everything I give you at my home is Gratis." She nodded

That's not true Cotty...

Well... this "customer" is special remember?

She thought to her conscience. "Help yourself, I was planning on making more soon anyway." She turned to the counter and began unpacking her satchel. Sugar, food coloring, blueberries, strawberries, jars. I suppose I am prepared to make cotton candy.

Gratis, gratis, gratis... AH! Apparently it means free.

FREE BROWNIES!? HOW COULD THIS DAY BE BETTER!

Calm down. Brownies are delicious, but screaming at me won't make them better.

"Thanks Cotton!" Balance yelled, as he grabbed one telekinetically, and bit it in half. "Mmm... Best brownie ever..." He whispered. He saw her unpacking her satchel. "Are these the ingredients for cotton candy?" He finished his (first) brownie, "I use to think it was just sugar. Of course, I know nothing about cooking, baking, making, etc, so I'm not the guy to ask about this stuff."

She jumped when he screamed, but recovered quickly plastering on her signature grin "No problem! and yes, these are the ingredients. The cotton candy itself is just sugar but it wouldn't taste any good like that! I make the flavoring out of fresh ingredients so the cotton candy is yummy." Her smile widened "And the candy is a little bit healthier that way."

"Sounds cool!" Balance grabbed another brownie, and sat down. "I suppose I'll watch." Balance watched as Cotton assembled the ingredients, putting everything together, and eventually put it all in the machine. He saw it all mix together and eventually turn to it's fluffy form. Balance licked his lips, as he took a bite of his fourth brownie, and saw Cotton put it all into it's cone. "So THAT'S how cotton candy is made. I always thought you put sugar in the machine, and it went into some tiny mechanism that mixed everything together, then came out, cone and all. Of course, I was a foal when I made that theory, but I could never make a better theory until I saw it now."