Coming Home?

Gresley

Cuckoo awoke to the noise of other ponies shouting about something. She groggily pulled herself up off the seat and glanced out the window- and nearly had a heart attack. There was nothing beside the train! Leaning closer to the window, she saw that they were crossing a very high viaduct over a steep valley. She only saw this for a few seconds, as she quickly scrunched down against the seat and closed her eyes.

Cuckoo was not the sort of pony who liked heights.

It was ironic, really, a pony with wings, afraid of heights. And raised by griffons, no less. Sure, she could fly- she just didn't enjoy going higher than about a first-story roof.

But then something occurred to her. A viaduct int he mountains? She thought they'd been leaving the mountains when she'd fallen asleep. Cautiously looking out the window once more, she saw what everypony else had been shouting about. They had neary reached Canterlot.

Cuckoo practically fell out of her seat. The train had practically crossed Equestria! How long had she been asleep? Hours, at least. Maybe days. She was certainly hungry enough for ten meals.

As the train drew closer to Canterlot, Cuckoo took a moment to grab her bags and get ready to depart. She tried to smooth her hair- small chance at doing that. It sprung up everywhere, obscuring her horn completely.

She pulled her bags over her back as the train pulled into the city. It certainly looked impressive enough. A good place to start in a pony's journey of self-discovery. She carefully trotted off the train and strode off the platform, ready for anything.

Well, most anything.

Lightning trotted over to the stopped train, looking around at everypony exiting. One in particular caught his eye. The bright yellow and orange pegasus, his coat and mane resembling a streak of lightning, his namesake, trotted over to her. She seemed to be a pegasus, as far as he could tell. Perhaps she was there for some sort of event. "Hey!" He called to her with a grin. "Welome to Canterlot.... well, I guess I can't say that, I only got here yesterday but... Welcome anyway." Awkward... but he hoped she'd forgive it. "What are you here for?"

A shy, dark purple Mare with Light transparent blue hair and holes on her body tried to remain in the shadows. Even with Changlings slowly being accepted after her mother, Chrysalis, and Celestia came to an agreement, she still felt outcasted and embarresed:

When the mare didn't respond, Lightning looked around, wondering who else was around here. Admittedly, he had a bit of a short attention span and after one last glance back, he trotted away. He paused a moment, thinking he saw something in the shadows, he turned, slowly, looking around. He noticed a mare standing in the shadows but something was... odd about her. He cantered over, dipping his head. "Why are you standing so far away from everypony?" He asked, curious. He couldn't see her full form.

Lightning tilted his head. "Perfection is meaningless, a perfet pony is a nonexistent one. We're all imperfect." He stared into her eyes, her pupils seemed like slits and he started to wonder a bit. The colour was beautiful, though, neon blue, bright, shiny. He gave her a small smile. "Aw, come on. Everypony belongs."

Guest StringHeart

String Heart exited the train and looked around, he sighed to himself quietly, not liking Conterlot very much. "Well I'm here, no going back now" he mumbled to himself. The green earth pony adjusted his saddle bags and sat down, out of other ponies way.

She sighs, "fine but don't scream, ok?" she seemed like she was begging and stepped out to show her true form, she was a dark purple with holes all over her legs and nicks in her tail, mane, and horn, here eyes were now a bit more open but still a bright neon green and she awaited him to run

When he realized she was a Changeling, his eyes did widen a bit, but he quickly got over it to take the rest of her in. She was beautiful, he thought, not looking like a pony, but not like a monster either. She looked... different, and different could be good. Lightning always liked to think different was almost always good. "You don't need to hide," He told her, "I don't see a thing wrong with you."

She blushed at him and looked at her feet, "Thank..thank you that means a lot coming form a handsome pony," she scuffs her hoove on the ground and coughs nervously, "wh..name?" was all she could say loud enough to just hear.

Guest StringHeart

String Heart huffed impatiently, it seemed he was waiting for something or somepony, and they were late. he sat against a wall and went into his saddle bag, shuffling through it before puling out a flute. The earth pony smiled at the instrument and slowly put it to his lips to play.

"Mom says I need to get out of Ponyville but I need to ask Celestia," she replied, "but maybe I'll hang out with you instead," she smiled sheepishly. Then she sighed and looked at the guard approaching.

"Does the Queen know you are out?" he asked her

"Yes of course," Crystalis replied, "Thank you, what's your name?"

"Shining Armor," he replied

"Ah Twilight's brother," she replied, "Well I'll be sure to mention your great job to them all!"

He nodded and walked off, then she awaited a bombardment of questions

"Well I ne....." she started but was cut off by a changling guard cut her off

"Mistress the Queen and Celestia wish to speak with you," he said and went to lead on, "Your friend may come as well!"

She dipped her head and nodded to Lightning, "Come on then, to the palace we go my friend."

Neon Glow, the bright yellow unicorn with a long bright green mane, peered out from behind a tree about 50 meters from the two ponies. His eyes were wide in horror, "How could a pony associate himself with that... 'thing'." he thought, mind twirling. After the event that happened with the wedding, not many ponies would dare go anywhere near those... what were they?.. Changlings. Yes, that's it. He saw the two ponies walk off towards the palace together and, being the curious pony he was, decided he would follow them and see what they were up to. I mean, who wouldn't, right? But Neon wasn't the... stealthiest of ponies and managed to completely trip over himself and made a ginormous racket. "Oh my Celestia!" he cried. "I hope they didn't hear!". Unfortunately, those words were meant to be said in his mind. They ended up being almost shouted. Funny how that happens.