Can I get a woman's opinion? -still looking for more-

Noctriix

First off, i want everyone viewing this to completely and fully understand that I am a HUGE Kingdom Hearts fan. Plus, the Girl who i am writing this for Isn't.

This is a recording of myself reciting some poetry that I have learned from the game, and have added onto. I find the Kingdom hearts soundtrack to be incredibly passionate and romantic, hence why I used it as the background music.

Anyways, to any woman (Or whomever feels like giving an opinion) listening to this. I would like to have your imput as to how it makes you feel, and whether or not you'd think that the girl i made this for would like it. Any vocal tips or other comments are highly appreciated!

http://soundcloud.com/noctriix/never-forget-how-i-feel

Okay first up yeah I know im a dude but I thought I'd give a quick opinion. 1. whether or not this is gonna work out for you sort of depends on the nature of your relationship with this girl. 2. if you guys are in the right place then let me say I only had to listen to about half of this to know that you can read with a kind of magic that is hard to find. There is passion in your words and if the timing is right then I think this girl will be quite taken by this. You have a wonderful voice for poetry, especially this one, the softness of your voice and the feeling in it is wonderful, you inflect very well and I must say the music accents the piece quite well. there is one thing though. you may wish to boost the audio of this overall and your voice slightly more. I have my computer on full volume and its hard to hear. but other than that I say you've got something here.

but of course Im a dude what do I know :P

The relationship i'm in consists of nightly phone calls, proclamations of our future, discussions as to what we love and hate about each other, etc. We are absolutely honest with each other, and We have kown each other for just over a year now. I'm not under the exact impression of popping this to her right NOW, however this was something I thought of doing tonight, so I did it, no questions asked.

In Regards to the volume problems... well... I have a headset, which helps me isolate the audio. I was trying to go for a softer and more feeling way of saying the words, though honestly, after about the minute thirty mark is where I start to improvise, nothing was written down, that was all from the heart. Luckily, me being the KH fan that I am, I have the music down by heart, so I was able to think as to what I should say during specific points in the song. As you can tell, certain topics are brought up during tempo changes, melissmas, solos, and crescendos and decrescendos. Everythign was planned for timing... just not the words :D

Actually, despite you being male, I know you to be a voice recorder and singer as well; just from me seeing you within the forums. Your post was also very thought out and clear. I approve, and I'm glad that even though you are a mother bucking Stallion, that you could feel from a woman's perspective... maybe? :P

Thank you!

Actually, despite you being male, I know you to be a voice recorder and singer as well; just from me seeing you within the forums.

my heart you dont know what you just did... <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 (it sploded that many times I had no idea I was known by anyone :blush: )

tumblr_m5r2001Qgs1rub6v7o1_400.jpg

I approve, and I'm glad that even though you are a mother bucking Stallion, that you could feel from a woman's perspective... maybe?

well if there is one thing i pride myself on its empathy so I mean yes wait for a woman to read this but I do have a talent for perspective so.

And honestly you seem in the perfect position for this. I m sure she'll love this. Its truly wonderful that you thought to do this for her and put the effort out and all. :)

I am a HUGE Kingdom Hearts fan. Plus, the Girl who i am writing this for Isn't.

I think you just answered your own question, Noct!

Crescent is a filly at heart. :lol:

I gave your recording a listen and ...well, I dunno! There are so many variables. Your friend might find it charming or cheesy, so I can't really give you any feedback on the kind of result you could expect to get. Everyone is different!

My ultimate advice to you? Just be yourself.

I think you just answered your own question, Noct!

Explain? I used the music and poem becuase she doesn't know where it's from. So it'd be new, fresh, and exciting to her. We have many likes and dislikes we don't always share, which is why we have so many great conversations :) I'm not really sure what you meant by this!

I gave your recording a listen and ...well, I dunno! There are so many variables. Your friend might find it charming or cheesy, so I can't really give you any feedback on the kind of result you could expect to get. Everyone is different!

My ultimate advice to you? Just be yourself.

Well, she and I are the kind to make corny jokes and anti jokes just for the fun of seeing the other get a goofy smile on the others face. She'd be one to appreciate the cornyness, I assure you :), and in regards to being myself. Pokemon and Kingdom hearts are essentially my childhood. You can't get much closer to "myself' than slicing a blob of shadow with an oversized blunt key :)

Though, I am also curious, as I stated in the original post, What was your reaction to the recording, as in. If this was meant for you, how would you respond or feel?

MY FACE = :shock::-o:?

HEY I AM TOTALLY AND UTTERLY OFFE- oh what the hay, you're kinda right. I'm the most sensitive guy I know :P I suppose that does sort of qualify me slightly :lol:

Hey Hey HEY!!!, nothing wrong with being feminine! I myself am a performer, who is used to wearing tights, putting on mkaeup, singing in front of others, visiting salons, and keeping myself updated on the lastest fashions, but does that make me gay? A woman? Or different? No!! Everyone should be perfectly fine within there own skin. You're Crescent, and there's no single other pony in the world like you. So Buck up Buttercup! Take that sensitivity with Stride! You can do more things with an open heart than a closed one! Everyone should be accepting and kind of all means of lifestyle, henceforth, love and tolerance! In my opinion, who cares! You're you! Why judge! :D

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK to the main topic now...

-edit- I just realized that this was post number 8000 in the creative department :D

Without getting too complicated, I think the reason I said "you answered your own question" is because you said she doesn't like Kingdom Hearts -- but that doesn't mean she might not know where it's from. I don't know all of the details, so I can't say for sure.

You want my personal, honest-to-Celestia, no-holds-barred reaction to what you posted? Okay...

mlfw3376-OMG.gif

Juuuust kidding! I really don't know what to say. I'm not your girlfriend! My reaction would be completely different from your friend's. I think the sentiment is really sweet -- she may not feel the same! Like I said, be yourself. Do what you both enjoy doing!

Also Crescent -- who said a filly has to be the sensitive/feminine type, huh?!

mlfw4384_small.jpg

A filly may not always be sensitive/feminine, but at least in Dash's Case, we know she'd be LOYAL to her man :)

Ooooh, I see what you did there! I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance to you! What do you have to lose by showing off your passion?

If you're early in the relationship it might come off creepy. If you've known her for a while, I think you're fine.

I don't really have much to lose.... in my own mentality at the moment. However I feel it to be more of a timing/gut feeling. it's not right yet, but I beleive I know when it will be... if that makes sense. I feel she'd love to hear it, even now, but I don't think she'd feel exactly as I want her to, just yet. Or she'd just call me a dummy, punch me in the arm, and laugh, life goes on :)

Good luck, either way! You strike me as a really sweet guy, so your friend is lucky! :D

You think i'm sweet already? Oh hun, i haven't made a post showcasing my singing voice, or posted a pciture of myself in the appropriate thread. just wait ;)

On that note, where did crescent go?

oh hey here I am sorry took me so long! I had to go battle a storm that was trying to blow all our furniture off our deck :-|

Hey Hey HEY!!!, nothing wrong with being feminine!

did I say it was a bad thing? dont think I said it was a bad thing :P I love who I am an I wouldnt change a thing (well maybe to be a little less lazy and more motivated but everything else stays) And if dash is the tomboy filly than I would be the the male version of pinkie combined with spike I suppose. Im proud of my sensitivity and empathy according to lots of folks I've met its something rarely seen in men these days. And I really look forward to hearing your voice some more Maybe we can have a sing off like I did with deep bass ^_^

oh hey here I am sorry took me so long! I had to go battle a storm that was trying to blow all our furniture off our deck :-|

Sorry for the off topic: That same storm just blew through here and knocked out my power for 30 mins!

I think guys secure with themselves are amazing -- which means every guy into FiM is pretty amazing (which means the Canterlot male population is amazing).

. And I really look forward to hearing your voice some more Maybe we can have a sing off like I did with deep bass ^_^

I actually have placed in some auditions for doing voice over work for several roles in one of Depbases fanfics. He's yet to give any replies and or feedback... for the last 2 days, but if you want to hear me for some other variations of my tone, go here! Just scroll down a bit :)

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/9596-voice-actors-wanted/page__st__40