[Fillydelphia]Moving In or The Mansion in Mess [Completed]

Ciraxis

When Fire came up, telling Dunder that they could continue it later, he only nodded. Maybe it was for the best not to have their hooves all over each other, especially in front of Dunder's new friend. But when she began to rub his mane, he smiled again at Fire and rubbed her mane back, "And you're so fuzzy too!" He replied, her mane now looking like she had just gotten out of bed.

He turned back to Swift and as they walked up, he listened to the two of them talking. He really didn't have anything to say, Fire and Swift were both Canterlot ponies. Being surrounded by the nobles for that long is something that showed itself in conversations like this. Conversations where Dunder couldn't add too much. Fire seemed to have a lot of stories of ponies fighting over silly things, and Swift seemed to be prepared to take on the responsibility of the large mansion, so this whole ordeal with getting everything situated couldn't be that bad. But when he saw the inside, looking like it was brand new and had been kept up this entire time, he got worried.

"I don't think it's much to worry about.." He said and rethought that, "Maybe it is... master mage ghost, not really sure what this could lead up to. I'm not worried about him being a ghost, more about what he could do as a magician..." He said as he trotted inside.

Fire let out a whimper as she knew her mane probably looked like an old rat's nest by now, "I know, I know helmet hair, hopefully they'll have a mirror in this place.", she threw her helm back on, "Can't go looking like I fell off a hay-wagon.", she chuckled and followed the others closer to the creepy old house as she tried to remember her previous ghost-encounters. "It's not so much the magic the poor old guy had when he was alive..It's all different now. He probably thinks he's alive and the longer he stays in the er, mortal realms, the worse he'll get. I just hope this isn't the case, and the worse we do encounter is some dusty walls and maybe a rat or two."

Once they entered the house,she glanced over at her host and his servant, "So If I may ask, what services do you need from my good ol' buddy Dunder? He's a heck of a cook, can do some fancy stuff with his tooth-picker-thing-a-sword and he's pretty good with the smoochies. Not sure you're looking for any of those.", she trailed off as they entered into the boundless realm of the supernatural!

I'm not worried about him being a ghost, more about what he could do as a magician...

"I too...Yet...I don't sense any malice. Some presence but not animosity. But my head hurts..." said Squall rubbing his forehead with his hoof.

" And don't ask me how I know, for I don't heave idea either. Maybe that's cose I am unicorn too?" he wondered.

"So what now Young Master?"

"Lack of hostility of this...lost soul don't mean we should drop our guard. We stick together no matter what."

They troted trought the house when Fire Walker asked a question.

"A cook? I would love to hire one but I guess I can't ask Dunder to drop his current job can't I? Oak Branch...well he was majordomo for my parent's staff - I have no idea why he wanted to stick with me as simple butler." said Swift, ignoring three flying books and animated armor which chased them.

"I asked for this Young Master. Can't leave sole heir of Squallcoast alone."

"And I thank you for this but let's be honest, you never was a good chief"

"Can't deny this." said old stallion shaking his head.

"And I am even worse. The one thing I manage NOT to burn is sandwich."

They entered the dining room and wondeful smells hit their nostrils. The huge table was filled with various dishes - delicious looking.

"Now that's interesting....either our ghost is very welcoming or likes to joke. Fire...you seem to have some experience with the dead, what do you think?"

(Since there's a question directly aimed at Fire Walker, I'll just bounce over Dunder just for this turn. Hope you don't mind!)

"Er..", The Pegasus was slightly flabbergasted at what she had seen so far, "Usually these things tend to be a bit more suitable, but I guess the stronger the personality, the bigger problem we're facing.", she glanced at the fancy food that had been arranged for them, "To be able to see and even smell this very obvious illusion is still rather incredible. Still, it doesn't work on me that well.", she glanced over and under the table, "Muggo' made sure I had a decent meal before I left his tavern.", she replied as she poked at the table to see if it was real. "That food is what Prince Blueblood would have us all eat during out travels, or at least before the adventure began. Still surprised I can fit into my armor after all those very rich treats.", she cleared her throat and looked up at the ceiling.

"If this is the former master of the manor, I bring you good news!", the mare spoke in her regal, official 'Canterlot' tone, which was direct, but respectful, "I bring you Sir Swift Squall, who intends on moving into this former grand manor and restoring it back to its former grander! He will most likely fill the house with friends, family and life! You need not remain here to protect thy home's honor, as the good Sir here will do so and even more! I assure you, the good Sir not only intends to do this home a great honor, he is also part of the great and proud bloodline that once inhabited this fine estate!"

She knew the majority of Remnants, which this probably was, tended to see themselves as protectors of the house or building they haunted. They only wished to see their house be hoofed over to the right ponies and to be treated with respect. Most saw their houses, not as simple buildings to live in, but almost as a family member in itself.

"If this is not what you seek, spirit, please state the reason you are anchored to this manor and we will see how to help you into the next realm. I also do greatly appreciate the meal you have laid out for us, but I must pass, as I already have eaten. It's very lovely!", she grinned, making a familiar 'squeak' sound as she did.

Dunder Blust smiled and coughed nervously as she said he was good at smoochies. He never thought he'd be good at it. He didn't think he had as much experience as other stallions, but maybe it was enough.

He hung in the back, not really having much to say and just listening to Swift and Oak just talk. He watched the walls and the floor, looking and examining everything. He was waiting for something scary to happen, and when the books and the armor suit incidents happened, he just galloped after Swift and Oak and Fire. He tried to remain calm, knowing that if any of them started to lose their composure, others would start too. Anyway, they all had been in some dangerous situations and thy all could most likely keep themselves in check.

As they trotted into the dining hall, he couldn't help but eye all the food. He hadn't realized how hungry he was until now, but he knew that ghost food was probably untrustworthy. As Fire talked, Dunder grabbed some fruits off the table. Each one looked freshly washed and picked, but still he needed to resist the temptation. Maybe unless Swift and Oak gave the all clear.

When Fire squeaked, Dunder chuckled at her. "Hah! You made that squeak again." Seeming to almost forget that he was inside of a haunted house with two strangers and his friend.

Swift Squall listened to speech Fire Walker give. He noded to confirm her words but his eyebrows rose when she said anchor.

"Err...what my Fire said is true. Indeed I am heir of Squallcoast." he said " but I see no reason why Mr. Battle Mage should move to errr other side. Maybe he just like here - and frankly speaking I would't mind."

He waved his hoof around on illusionary surroundings.

" I mean just look! With his knowledge of manor previous look renovations could be much faster. And he lived for so long, we can only learn from his experience."

Suddenly a transparent cloud appeared on the other side of the table. It begun swirling and after few seconds it formed the shape of the pony.

The four was taken aback but the unicorn ghost gave them warm smile. Swift gathered his composure and closed to the spirit.

"Mr....Battle Mage I assume?" he asked. The phantom nodded and suddenly an image flashed trought Swift Squall head.

" He..he 'says' that his name is Conjurer Bubble." swordstallion was silent for the moment. He was sure that he was first of his family who communicated with the dead...and it was exciting.

" Mr. bubble then...I must ask you then...about that rumored insanity of yours."

The ghost gained more detail which each moment. The form he took was clearly from his prime. He was as tall as Squallbut more slim. One can also describe him as hoofsome except he was both dead and transparent. The Conjurer face became moody. More images flashed before swift eyes.

"I..I see...and I am sorry. Passing away must been liberation for you." he turned around and faced others.

" The madness was fault of his body." living unicorn explained. Even rought he told Fire to not pity the dead he couldn't feel otherwise. Living in such state must been horrible.

Suddenly something like the urge stung his mind.

"Err...Mr. Bubble wish to know you before he would touch your minds as well."

To tell the truth Swift also wished to know the two pegasi more. The ghost wish came up just perfectly so Squall couldn't complain.

Unexpectedly Oak Branch started first.

"Well....my name is Oak Branch. I am butler of Master Swift and I was serving Squallcoast family all my life. I wouldn't leave my position for anything else for one can not ask for more just and warm employer. I served Young Master grandfather, his mother and if fate will be gracious enought I will serve Young Master children as well."

The declaration of Oaks loyality left Swift speechless and touched. Oak was more of his uncle then servant - in his mind Squall sweared to employ enought servants so old earth pony wouldn't strain himself too much.

The red Pegasus glared at Dunder, "Did not...Must have been a air bubble or a polite burp.", she whispered back, "We in the R.E.A never squeak, whatever that is. Maybe it was my armor...", realizing it would probably be wiser to keep an eye on the free-floating full-torso, vaporous apparition as opposed to her beloved, but rather snarky friend, the armored mare turned back and watched the ghost just in time for the interview section of tonight's haunting.

"Me?", she realized it was her turn, "Er, right.", she cleared her throat and tried to wrap her brain around what was currently happening. She was also a little worried about the whole 'touch your minds' part. "Well, I'm First Lieutenant Fire Walker, member of the Royal Equestrian Army. I was here in Fillydelphia visiting an old friend of mind and doing a few helpful jobs and whatnots so he could stay in town and spend time with his potential and hopefully wife to be. It's not set in stone, but I rather like her and he deserves to be very happy. A guy like him shouldn't be alone, not ever.", she glanced down at the floor, feeling somewhat depressed, "I used to walk the beat in Canterlot, but I have become more of an independent contractor of sorts for the guard. I generally do things the watch may not be prepared or willing to do. Sometimes I use the help of my very good friends, such as Dunder here.", she smiled back at the stallion, "He may be fuzzy and he makes whistle sounds out of his nose sometimes when he laughs, but he is incredibly brave and is rather skilled with his er..sword. Some foal-ish feather-brain thought he wasn't good enough for the R.E.A, which is utter nonsense. Ol'Dundies has proven himself over and and over that he is not only fit enough to be a member of the R.E.A., that he probably should be an officer by now, and one who trains young ponies as well. Hopefully, one of these days I'll manage to talk him into doing that.", she realized she was well into blather-mode and wasn't talking about herself as much as the spook wanted, "Me...right..I wander about with my trusty sidekicks and I help those in need, be they prince or pauper.', she added while she grinned at the ghost.

Dunder chuckled and nuzzled Fire, "You're cute when you're embarrassed." He said before turning back to see this ghost apparition right in front of them. It was in the shape of a pony, it didn't look like a pony, but was shaped like one. At least until it formed its eyes, horn, and other pony face features. He just stared at it, he didn't really feel scared, more surprised. After all, he was with one of the relatives of the Ghost, or at least he believed. Why would the ghost hurt family? Especially a Canterlot pony.

He listened to them both give their speeches on who they were, Dunder cleared his throat as the thought on what to say. But He looked over at Fire in surprise when she spoke. He blushed while she spoke, pretty much saying what he was going to say.He never thought about becoming an officer or a trainer or even trying to join the R.E.A. again. He kept blushing as she praised him, and when she was done, he gave her a quick nuzzle and a kiss on the cheek. He knew she thought of him as a close friend, but he didn't know she thought of him that much. He blushed even harder at the thought.

Either way, he cleared his throat to get ready to speak. He looked at the floor, then up at the ghost, "Well... I'm pretty much everything she said. But I'm also a chef who was born in Solstice Heights. Yes, I am a swordpony and I did try to join the R.E.A., but they were more concentrated on peacekeeping and the likes instead of fighting." He cleared his throat, "that about covers it..."

Swift stood silent for the moment, trying to ingest the words of the two pegasi.

So both of them have experience with REA just like him. But it appeared that while Fire Walker is active and lieutenant to boot.

Dunder - opposite, applied to the army but was rejected. When he thinked on it, Squall himself - who had training, but quit before entering service - would fall somewhat in the middle.

Then unicorn realised that is was his turn.

"Oh...sorry. I spaced out for the moment, wasn't avoiding a question...where do I start?" he pondered for the moment. Should he tell them everything?

He took a deep breath and removed his sunglasses. Oak Branch yelped in surprise as his jaw dropped.

"I am Swift Squall. I was born in Manehattan to Hasty News and Graceful Squall." he said and looked at Dunder and Fire seeing their reaction.

"Yes, that Graceful Squall and that Hasty News." he confirmed. Being son of former famous sportsmare and press magnate had many adventages but also some flaws. Like having to reapeat himself every introduction.

He then proceeded to tell about everything. He retold his Cutie Mark story, his running away from home and reason for that, joining REA, passing for Honor Guard training and quiting before Vowmaking Ceremony, mercenary days. He pasused when story got to 'Doing Things Done' group time. Swift gathered his courage and continued with glum expression. He spoke about Unayasi, conflicts there, his role in it and reunion with his pops. He finished at leaving Stalliongard after his failure there.

"I..I sorry I need a break. There are reason why I come here too but...please..later..." he said rubbing his head with his hoof. He then trotted out of room to clear the mess in his mind.

"I...I am astonished" said the Oak Branch his voice stuttering "Young Master NEVER took his sunglasses off in somepony presence - excluding me and his parents - he avoids eye contact at all cost!" butler then gazed at the pegasi.

"He would never admit it...but he is very lonely. In his attempt to eliminate crime he is trying to do impossible and I fear it's too much for him. The fact that he took his shades off and he told all of this shows how much he is willing to trust you Mr. Dunder and Miss Fire. Please don't betray that trust." he begged them. "And I hope you appreciate this gesture too Mr. Bubble."

"Well, we are called 'peacekeepers' for a reason!", Fire couldn't help but chuckle as the stallion's skin shifted into such a red color that it could be seen through his coat, "While there is room for fancy-smancy sword play in the R.E.A, we generally prefer not to draw any blood, which I'm ever happy to say, I have yet to do while in Canterlot and on duty, but I have had to rely on my hooves before. Had to clobber more than a few ponies, and even one griffin! B...er...witch deserved it. Taking the princess's name like that. Didn't mind her insulting me, or my family, but when you say unkind things about...". Fire Walker's little 'shoulder angel' quickly pointed out there was still a ghost floating about and a poor pony who had just exposed his very soul to them.

When the unicorn mentioned his parents, she nodded her head politely but said nothing. She was unfamiliar with Manehattan, but even she knew of the two well known ponies, "Yes, Dunder and I know a bit about the Unayasi as we had spent time there ourselves with some friends. Rather heroic mission.", once again, she nodded when Swift trotted away, "Um.."

She turned to his butler, "There's crime in Fillydelphia? I'm sure there's a little, but this place is almost as safe as Canterlot. And really now.", she glanced over at the puff brown pony, "What are you dong here? With this pony? Almost sounds like you have a job to do..But what?"

Dunder listened to the unicorn stallion, but still wondered why Oak Branch was freaking out when Swift removed his sunglasses. He wasn't going to ask why, at least not yet. Dunder was getting ready to what seemed like a long story.

And it was, learning a bunch about Swift's family that he never cared before to know anything about before. Now that he considered Swift his friend, Dunder was more than happy to learn some history on the stallion's family. Most of it was interesting. Mainly about his cutie mark and becoming a mercenary to serve in the Unyazi. when Fire interjected, Dundr grinned and nodded, "Yep! We were some of the best explorers to ever set hoof in the Unyasi... It was amazing." He said with a chuckle and glanced over to Fire with a smile.

But When he trotted out, Dunder only nodded in reply. When Oak started talking, he listened. This pony talked as if he expected the two ponies to betray Swift's trust, which was one of the most ridiculous ideas he's ever heard. When Fire spoke, Dunder looked over at her. "Yeah, Fillydelphia has like...no crime..." He said, "And a job to do? Sounds like a plan. As long as we get paid."

"I told Young Master the same thing. But he said that statistics don't show everything." answered Oak branch...

"I don't know anything about any job. Maybe Young Master will have something for you to do but I can't speak for him. By the way...where he could go?"

At the same moment ghost of Bubble suddenly vanished - and with him the illusion of well kept manor.

"Idiot, idiot..." Swift muttered to himself as he troted trought the manor halls. Squall was so disturbed that he didn't even realised that his surroundings changed to their real form.

Yes, he got the courage to take of his shades (which returned to their rightful place right now) and spitted out the whole truth...well almost whole truth. He skipped....many details but even this was too much. The only thing that scared Swift was his own failures...be it in past or present. He knew that it was silly but he couldn't help but freak out. Suddenly the corridor ended. In the place where was supposed to be door, huge hole in the wall was present. He stopped surprised but walked outside neverthless.

He was greeted with the sight of unkept mansion grounds, fully visible from the hill at which Squallcoast Manor stood.

It reminded him heavily of his time in the road. The sight of setting sun calmed Swift somewhat.

"I am terrible house host..." he sighted "...Or maybe not? It is my first time after all." he spoke to himself but it didn't sound very convincing. He walked down to inspect the garden when suddenly his hoof slipped.

"Oh cr...!!" but he didn't finish. Swift tried to regain balance which he would achive easliy normaly. But the wet and long grass and element of surprise vere enought to bring him to the ground. As unicron rolled downhill he thinked how humiliating it was for him - who could pull of cartwhell, somersault and other fancy gymnastic winouth the blink. He rolled into the grass when unexpectedly the ground ended.

"Oh noes...." he managed to say, feeling that he was falling. The contact with bottom of the pit was brutal and unciorn lost consciousness when his head hit some rock.

"Well, I'm game, just as long as it's legal....I mean, we can't be vigilantes..The crime fighting tights and little domino mask would be fun, but it would be very insulting to the militia here and I'd probably get in trouble back home. Still, I need to make a note of this. Next 'Nightmare Night', I'll have to snag myself a pair of tights, a cool cape, mask and a little pair of shorts to go over said tights. I'll be Fire Lass, and you can be Dunder-Boy? How about that?", she grinned and made her happy 'squeak' sound as she did. Then she noticed somepony was missing, "Er..Yeah, where did he go?", she glanced around the ruins before she heard the rather unpleasant sound that was made when pony skull met rock.

"That sounds like trouble! Away with me Dunder-Boy!", she quickly rushed over to the scene of the crime!

Swift wasn't unconscious for long. He opened his eyes...everything was dark - well it should be - after all Celestia pulled sun down already. Squall head hurt very much but it was nothing. However he felt something as he tried to get up, searing pain in his chest - not that it stopped him. He pulled himself on legs using his magic.

"Ghhh...ribs, definitly ribs." swordstallion identefied his damage. It was not first time he broke them after all, he just hoped that they not pierced his lungs. He lighted his surroundings with his horn. Yep. He was within the pit. Swift however was not expecting the tunel...and something that looked like a door at the end off it, he wasn't sure for shadows obscured the details.

Squall know better then too wander alone into unknow - especially in his condition. He begun to worry how others will find him when suddenly Conjurer Bubble appeared!

"Mr. Bubble? Thanks Celestia. As you can see I fell here and I c-can't escape." Swift voice begun to stutter as the pain grew stronger. "P-please bring others.....I w-will...s-stay...here....Think...I b-broke my r-ribs..."

The ghost nodded and vanished while the unicorn leaned on the wall to stay upright.

The moment she was either lead by the ghost or she found the pit by herself, Fire glanced down with a flashlight stuck in her mouth, "Oh no!", she yelped before turning to her Pegasus companion, and placing her light at her hooves,"Dunders..You need to go and get an ambulance over here now! I'll get down there and try to help him..I will not move him, so please make sure they have at least one unicorn on hoof. They could properly move him with their magic...Go!", she shooed him away, scooped up her flashlight and spread out her wings. Depending on how far the fall was, she will either jump or glide down into the pit.

Once there, she quickly opened up her saddlebags and took out her first aid kit and watched him for a moment to see if he was having trouble breathing. She quickly pulled out a few rolls of tape, which she quickly applied to the wounded areas, restricting the movement of the fractured area. It took her a moment, but she was able to make a quick splint, "You need to cough...Cough as much as you can.", she asked the unicorn, "We don't want any liquids pooling in your lungs..", she knew first hoof of the horrors of pneumonia. Between coughs, she fed him a few of her pain pills, "I wish I had stronger stuff sir, but this should help until the proper ponies get over here...Come on Dunder!", she glanced up, praying he would find help in time.

(I don't think they have phones in FIM...Right?)

Dunder Blust was listening to Fire, an amused smile creeping across his face as she spoke of a ridiculous looking costume. "Yeah! All the criminals will take us seriously with a cape and tights. I don't think I should weir tights..." He said, his mind wondering off at the thought before it getting cut off by the alarming sound of what sounded like a sack of potatoes hitting the ground solidly. He took off with her, hoping the sound didn't mean Swift was in trouble. "And you got it, Fire Lady!" He said, joking around until they found the pony down the hole. His heart dropped. He was in denial... that wasn't Swift, right? Swift owned this house! Ponies lived in it? What is this anyways?

His zoning out was broken when Fire practically screamed at him. He nodded, galloing off, then out the door to get some help.

"Relax...Fire...this isn't the first time I had...broke my ribs. Besides this is...nothing." said Squall to calm down Fire Walker. Indeed, while he spoke slowly his voice seemed stronger and he kept his cool. "I don't think that my lungs or diaphragm are pierced either. I could try to cast 'Lighten' on myself to reduce my weight but we don't have any tools to get me out without risiking dislocation." he pondered "And this is nothing really, I mean it. I weakend for a while because I am out of shape. This isn't the first time I broke my ribs...but it is certainly most embarassing one. I broke my two legs once, while hiking. I hanged on the moutain wall for two days before some pegasi spotted me." he smiled at the memory. Swift never feared death itself. What he did fear was failing somepony. And he will not fail his two new friends by worring them...too much.

"Anyway...we will spent some time here I think. Good thing that we are in garden and there are plenty of twigs and these logs. Can you move them to the center? Thanks." he said and depite her protest lighted the wood with spellfire from his horn. After the while they had nice warm campfire...on the floor of the pit. Suddenly from over them was heard a familiar voice.

"Young Master. Are you fine?" aksed Squllcoast family butler.

"No worries Oak. I just broke some ribs. Can you get us some marshmallows?" unicorn asked in casual tone.

"Marshmallows sir? What for?!"

"Well I have a guest down here, and so it happens that that guest is a lady. It would be rude to leave the lady hungry don't you think?"

".....I will get this marshmallows Young Master."

"Thank you." Swift said softly as the earth pony left. He then noticed that Fire Walker gave him bewildered look.

"This may seem strange to you Fire but 'danger' is a kind of friend of mine. I never invite her tought." he said and tried to laugh but he rembered about his ribcage. Instead the slooowly layed on the ground.

"Anyway..there is nothing to fear Fire...but I thank you for the concern. Most terrors are fear of the unknown. We fear the uncertain future, outcomes of our actions and what lays after death. To dissmiss this fear we ponies try to control as much of our surroundings as we can. We done this for so long that places like Everfree or Unyasi frighten us. But as I said it's only fear of the unknown." stallion explained in warm baritone and, stopped for the while and looked up. Princess Luna moon was already on the sky.

"I never feared death as much as the feeling that my life will be wasted by making no impact or change. I thankfull that I meet Bubble. It' means that there is something out there. And he chosed to stay so it means that we had the freedom of choice. And I thankful that I meet you two at that trainstation." Squall said and smiled at her. Her coat and eyes were the same color of the embers of the flames that danced beetwen them. He was also somewhat...surprised. normaly he would feel somewhat embarassed by his lack of shades - he lost them while rolling down - but he didn't. This puzzled Swift a little.

" I am sorry...I am thinkig to much sometimes. By the way...how you got to the army?" he asked suddenly, hoping that the question will make her forget about his injuries for the while.

His toughts shifted to dunder for a moment. He wondered if the pegasi stallion got himself in this kinds of situations as often as himself. Squall also noticed that since they were at outskirts of Northtown getting any help will take him a while. Even more as there was already dark.

"Don't even think about moving. Dunders will be here with ponies who can help you very soon, but for now, please stay still.", her tone was kind, but direct. She gathered up a few twigs and even the logs as she was asked to, but made sure to place it where they would not block a gurney, "I've been to the Unyasi regions before, it's different, but in a way it's pretty much the same as it's here. The Everfree however, one could be justified for fearing that place. Nothing but chaos...Al the stories I've heard about that place...Even gives me the shivers.", she backed away as he lit the fire.

"As for me, I guess it's in my blood. My family has been serving Canterlot since pretty much forever, or at least it seems. My farther and mother both serve, as do most of my brothers. My younger brothers and sister are either in training, or will be soon..Well, little Wind still has to get through primary school first.", she smiled as she warmed herself by the fire, "I've been doing more freelance work for the R.E.A during the last few years after the beat started to wear me down a bit. I've done some traveling and I've been on some interesting adventures, both with Dunder and others..So, what is it that you do? You're a bit more hardier than most of the nobleponies that I know back In Canterot.", she glanced down at the unicorn.

Fire Walker (and Dunder) by Valkyrie Girl

firewalkerfinished.png

http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d5b5akk

"So, what is it that you do? You're a bit more hardier than most of the nobleponies that I know back In Canterot.", she glanced down at the unicorn.

"Family tradition? Yes I can understand that. You already know who my mother is. Swordplay always was Squallcost's domain." Squall commented at Fire's answer. However the question worried him. He didn't know how to handle the first part so he answered the later first.

"I told you two that I was mercenary Fire. And not the kind of the one who took care of your garden and dog.I fought almost everything that you can fight in the kingdom and beyond. Monsters, bandits, weather. I lived by the sword but..." he frowned, putting his ears back.

"I wanted to do right things...or so I tought. But recently I realised that the reason for all of this back then was not because it was right or just. I did this to kill my guilt and to feel good. 'Of course Squall, you smack the bandits with that sword of yours. So it's entirely justified that you made your parents worry sick by your running away from home!' " he almost screamed the last sentence in anger at himself.

"And now? I have strong hints that crime in Fillydelphia will rise soon. The activities of pirates and smugglers. Some new embargos in Aquilia...And Fillydelphia is a port city. I can see troubles on horizon...and if they come, I will do all I can to stop them. With both wealth and sword." he said, his eyes glittering with determination. But after the moment he sighted.

"It must be great, livig without regret..."

"Young Master. I got the marshmallows you asked for."

"Oh..thanks Branch. Throw them at me. Thanks." unicorn said as he caught the bag with his magic.

"Is there anything wlse Young Master?"

"Not for now. Just make sure that med team will know how to find us."

Squall impaled the marshmallows on two sticks and handled one of them to Fire Walker.

Somehow laying there cleared his mind. After a momet of silence, he felt sudden urge to express that. And he did something that he didn't do in ten years....he started singing.

"So far away from my home, sweet home

Day by day, from land to land I roam

Though told by the wind which way to go,

Oh, how I long for my home, sweet home.

Boaðe ruoktot alot go dan dovtat tuski

Boaðe ruoktot alot go dan dovtat vaivui

Du ruoktu vuordà du alot

Du ruoktu vuordà du alot

Fragrant blossoms blooming far away

Do my folks see them as I did long ago?

Are they still joyful? Are they young at heart?

Will I see them again as I did that day?

Bearaš, ushbat

Ruoktu, muitut

Dat ca goassige

Vajaldahtc du

How far I've come from my childhood home!

There will come a time when my troubles are gone,

And when I shall not be all alone

Till then, I dream of my home, sweet home.

Meahcci, čàcit,

Albmi, eana:

Dat buot vurdet du

Dat buot vurdet du.

The red Pegasus nodded her head slowly,"Yes, I did ask you that before. Just want to make sure you were aware of what I was saying and that you would stay conscious until help arrives.", she sat down by him, "If crime is rising here, I'm sure the local branch of the R.E.A is aware of it, but if not, have you considered working with them? You would do a far greater amount of good using your influence and in depth knowledge of the issues facing your town as opposed to running around smacking evil-doers silly with your sword. We tend to frown at vigilantism. Back in Canterlot, we were always happy to work with the citizens when they felt troubled, and thankfully we have been able to solve most of our problems without having to resort to violence.", she smiled as the unicorn gave her a be-marshmellowed stick, which she placed in the fire only briefly.

"Come on Dunders.", she muttered to herself as she glanced up before hearing, what was it, singing? She turned and was somewhat surprised as she watched the stallion sing 'My Home, Sweet Home'. Was he losing his mind, or was this his way of dealing with the pain he was in at the moment? Whatever his reasons for doing so, he was a pretty decent singer, far batter than she could ever be. Still, he felt a urge to reply in a verse of her own, one that was a direct translation of his last verse, "Forest, stream sky and earth, everypony is waiting, waiting for your return.", she sung while glancing up into the night sky.

Swift...was quite surprised when Fire translated the last verse.

"You...know old unicornnian? Oh, right. You used to stand guard in the Canterlot. You used hear, that a lot I bet Fire." he did some guarding himself when he used to be in army. Not in the Palace and it was just the part of the training ,but still Swift had enough understanding to sympathize. His picking for Honor Guard training relived him from things like that...and then Swift just quit.

"You a lot more understanding that REA in Stalliongrad. They were...unpleasant when it comes to that matter. At last the ones that I meet." he made the sour expression at the memory. Swift sighted and glazed at flame in the center of the pit for a moment.

"And what about you Fire? What are your desires for the future?" unicorn asked, this time truly curious. That was something about her that captured his attention. Suddenly he realized that this question could be too personal.

"I-It's okay if you don't want to answer." Squall backtroted quickly.

"I'm sorry you had problems in Stalliongrad.", The red Pegasus glanced into the fire, "While we all generally keep things professional in the R.E.A, sometimes there can be a bad apple or two that makes things unreasonable or unpleasant, and it really hurts our reputation. My Dunders ran into some issues when he tried to join several years ago.", she took a moment to gobble up her melted marshmallow, and left a bit of the sticky sweet substance on her lip, "He's probably one of the best, if not, the best non-unicorn sword-master I've seen, but he was still turned down. Could never figure out why, until I did some research and found out it was just one guy that was keeping Dunders out. Had a grudge. Not even sure Brownie even knew him...Once that was taken care of, the whole mess had pretty much soured his desire to join.", she glanced up, hoping to find him looking down from the ledge and sighed when he wasn't there.

"As for me? I guess I have same desires any other pony would have.", she added with a shrug of her armored shoulders, "My entire life had been pretty much planed since birth, but once I left the R.E.A, at least the whole 'walking the beat' thing, those plans were scrapped. I have been living a rather interesting life so far, as for the future, I'm not sure.", she matched his previous sour expression, "I'm still young, but I wonder how long I'll be able be able to keep on traipsing around Equestria before I finally decide to settle down and start a family..", she glanced back at the stallion, "How about you?"

Above them, there were the echoing of approaching hoofsteps. They were all in full gallop. At least a dozen of them approached the hole, Dunder's voice leading. "This way! He's over here! Watch your step he fell in a hole!" Dunder called back as his voice grew closer and closer. Soon he was over the hole entrance, looking down at the ponies. He looked back, "here! Held us down here!"

He jumped down, flapping his wings softly to go land beside them, soon he was followed by a few pegasi and a couple unicorns being carried down by the pegasi. All had red shirts on and white baseball hats clad with a red cross. Dunder landed quickly and hugged Fire, he looked at Swift and asked, "How are you holding up? Sorry it took so long... I had to find the cursed hospital!" He said and sighed, "But they are here now... and they are here to help. Good thing it's free." He chuckled as the medical ponies began doing their thing to try to help Swift.

Swift was being taken off guard - Again - when Fire asked him about starting the family.

"I...never tought about that." he noticed in his inner monologue. But before he could tell that to Fire, Dunder returned.

"How are you holding up? Sorry it took so long... I had to find the cursed hospital!" He said and sighed,

"Thanks for concern but I am not made from clay, don't worry about me...I be fine..." unicorn paused for the moment. He wasn't sure how to express his gratitude.

"Must've been very exhausting for you. I am in your dept Dunder..No..." Swift shook his head. "I am in debt to both of you. I couldn't ask to make better...friends, right?"

He also noticed that Dunder hugged Fire when he landed. Blust insisted earlier that they were not dating but it seemed that Fire Walker wouldn't mind, she looked rather pleased. Squall noticed durning their talk that and earlier when she was introducing herself to Bubble that her mind strayed towards him a lot. She felt something for Dunder apparently, that unicorn could tell for sure.

"Could Dunder be....oblivious to that?" Swift wondered and gave a bite on his marshmallows.

After paramedic managed to drag Swift from the pit he was given quick examination. It was decided that noble could stay home, as long as he wouldn't push himself and his ribs too much. Squall also instisted to give his guests a meal (but not before Conjurer Bubble unintentionaly scared the medics off, by showing up). Due to the late hours they settled with pizza's.

"Here it is. One for me, one for Oak, one for you Dunder, and one for you Fire."

They were sitting in the hall on Squall's sofa and chairs around the table. Thankfully unicorn furniture arrived before him and was already unpacked.

"Thank Celestia you're here!", The mare gave Dunder a friendly nuzzle before quickly giving him an even friendly kiss on the cheek.", she made sure to give the paramedics room to work, "You missed it! I actually sang...well, just a verse.", she blushed, "Well, it's been an interesting day so far..And to think, I was just going to see a movie tonight.", she sighed, "By myself."

****************************Scene Change! ***************************************

"Thank You.", Fire Walker glanced at her slice of pizza. 'Why did they always end up with pizza?', she thought to herself as she munched on her slice. Still, it was pretty good, far better than the 'Pizza Shack' back in Canterlot. "I'm happy to hear that you're better. After they pulled you out of that hole and while they were fixing you up, I did set up a simple R.E.A tape barricade, so nopony else stumbles into that hole of yours..I do hope they can fix this...And we should check with the ghost to make sure all of his magic equipment has been accounted for. Back home, we got some new neighbors and their kid went exploring..Found a secret room and some nasty magic, which he unwisely put his hooves on. Thankfully he only suffered a few minor burns...Didn't summon any nasties or awaken any chaos gods.."