The College, Frotrox school of Magic Chapter 1

Dabom444

What does the Name Frotrox Mean to you? It doenst mean much these days, but back then when ponyville wasnt even an idea it meant something. Back then it symbolized a Civilization of great power, A Group of unicorns That hed the knowlege to Bend anything to their will. They were a Master civilization and were known across the lands as the Plain Striders. One day though they vanished from the face of the world never to be seen again. Thousands of years have passed, Rulers,kings and Princesses had come and gone and the world as you now know it has come to be.

But were they really all gone? Up north deep in the Mountians surrounding Dragon Mountain, A ancient ruin had been discovered. This Ruin had sparked the interest of the princesses, they had wanted to know what was held within its walls. Through years of searching Nothing was found within, It was abandoned once more and left to be burried in the frozen tundra. Until a Unicorn came, one by the name of Reaver. He was a Powerfull Sorcerer and Was a friend to the Princesses. He Inquired them about the Ancient ruins and how it had ben peculear that nothing resided within. He As well came up with an idea, Open a College. The ruins had some sort of Magical Arua To them, Why not Open a school and have Unicorns with Pratical talants for magic come and study in this Place.

After long debate and consideration the Princess had agreed. They had sent teams of unicorns, Pegesai and Earthponies to Repair and Restore the once forlorn Ruin into a Grand school. After years and years of work the school was opened and Allowed only a select Few to join, until now that is. Letters spread across the Land calling Unicorns of Many talents, Personalities and Skills to the College. It offered years of knowlege and Wisdom for any and all who would come. Soon after Waygates had Popped up around the land as well leading a direct passage to The school. One of these Waygates has appeared nearby ponyville. These Waygates however would not let just anypony pass. It would only activate if A letter of Invitation was present.

You were one of these Chosen and A land of oppertunity has opened infront of you. Will you step into the gateway and Learn The Colleges Secrets? Or will you fall in pursuit of power? That is for you to decide.

Rules

No Op characters

No Hogging the spotlight

And only unicorns admitted to the College, Pegesai and Earthponies allowed for the Goodbyes though :)

I would say no Alicorns please, because of Op

Start

The town of Ponyville was bustling. The waygate to Frotrox school of Magic had finnaly arrived and many Unicorns who received invitations had Been Running back and forth with great exitement talking to families and friends alike.

Within Ponyville lived a Unicorn by the name of Krosis. He was a Unicorn with a Dark Red coat and A Black mane, He had red eyes and a Cutie mark of a Shield and a spell book behind it. He trotted Round his home Waiting for him to recieve his very own letter if any to the College. He had studied hard in the school of Restoration and Fortification ever since he was small. He Hoped that he would be admitted to the college so bad that he could hardly stand it. He Heard The bustle outside and Took a deep breath. He Trotted outside and sat on a chair infront of his home. He Needed to calm down, He was sure that he would get one..... or would he? He started to get Anxious again[colour=#800000] "Oh for the Love of Celestia where is that mail pony?" [/colour]He said in a Unsatisfied tone. His Neigborhood had yet to have Their letters come in and Unicorns waited outside to see if they had been chosen as well.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hyicbXI.png

Care flew down to Ponyville. He had no idea what he was delivering but his boss told him it was very..very important! So Care would no accept failure! As he flew down the teal pegasus landed on the soft ground and felt his mailbag fall to his side. He looked down at the bag and folded his wings in a bit. He pulled out his first letter. [colour=#800000]"To Krosis. From. Oh wait don't read that. To personal."[/colour] He chuckled a bit and checked the address. He examined nearby mailboxes and checked their numbers. The house was very close!

Care moved on a bit checking the letter and the houses every so often. He then finally found the matching house. He saw a pony sitting in a chair on his front porch. He figured it was Krosis.

He trotted up to Krosis with a smile on his face. [colour=#800000]"Good day! I have a letter...for..Krosis.[/colour]" He pulled out the letter and held it out to the pony to see if he was Krosis or not.

Planes Jumper faded into the world. His world. He was a powerful unicorn.. that only could perform one magical spell, enter Alternate Worlds. He can't teleport, he can't change somethings appearance he cant even make things levitate. He left the ally he had reappeared in and walked home. Like usual he checked his mail. There was a lot of it since he had been gone for 8 days. He scanned over it and found a letter from Foxtrot, the magic college. "well this will be interesting. Wonder who else got a letter?"

"Ooooh sister of miiine!" Amicus called out in a melodious tone, trotting through the entrance way to the room containing his sister, who was levitating a book in front of her face, laying on the couch on her back.

Denim glanced at him out d the corner of her eye, "What?"

Amicus huffed sarcastically, trotting over to her and pushing the book out of her field of vision with his hoof, instead levitating a letter before her, "Look what came for you today."

Denim's eyes widened slightly and she sat up, tacking the letter in her own magical aura, "Seriously?! I've been invited to attend Frotrox?!"

Amicus nodded, smiling, "Yup! A waygate's opened up here in town, and you were among those invited," Amicus gestured towards the door with his horn, "I'd suggest getting yourself ready before the gate closes up."

Denim hopped off the couch, gathering anything she deemed necessary together, keeping the excitement inside her from bursting forth. She cantered towards the exit of Amicus' home, giving him a quick hug before trotting quickly out of the door.

Krosis Had started to get slightly impatient with the poor mail service. He started to Contemplate weather or not he had actually was considered for an invitation at all. He watched as Ponies flooded past him with various Belongings and such. He looked to his left and saw in the distance the giant Waygate as it glowed and drew magical energies from the world around it. He Sighed, he wasnt suitied to Join them on the trip to the far north. He got up and began to go inside when he heard wings flap behind him. [colour=#A52A2A]"Good day! I have a letter for..Krosis." [/colour]The pegasus announced. Krosis's heats skipped a couple beats with excitement. he turned and nodded [colour=#A52A2A]"Yes im Krosis..." [/colour]He said to the pony. He took the letter and was so exited he Grabbed his bag of bits and Tossed it at him. [colour=#A52A2A]"Here! 32 bits for a tip! Thank you so much!" [/colour]He said. He tore open the letter and Closed his eyes. He slid the paper out and opened his eyes.

(now this is what the Invitation is like but it varies between ponies.)

"Dear Krosis"

The Faculty at Frotrox school of Magic would like to Extend our invitation to you to come and study at our school. Your Ability to cast spells in the Restoration school have sparked our interest and would like to help you further your abilities. If you so wish to join us take note that you will be gone for a very long time, 2 to 3 years are expected to Complete your training course. You as well have the Ability to Decline but be warned that Once the waygate closes so does your chance.

Items needed for your courses Within the schools of Restoration.

1 Packed essentials bag.

15 Life seeds

30 Magic arua Dust pouches.

1 pet of your choosing (hogwarts influence is burning bright)

etc.

Welcome to Frotrox.

Krosis stopped for a couple moments, he couldnt believe it. He got in! He Jumped up and down in joy He activated his magic and pulled the Mail pony back over to him. He hugged him and Chuckled loudly and released. He let the Pony go and he shot into his house to get some bits to Purchace the items needed.

Grey Matter arrived at his desk. A first year professor, he was surprised to be given full accommodations. Then again, he was quite a special asset to them, their fist non-unicorn teacher in...well he couldn't quite remember. He knew he was the only one currently, and that he had researched this before, but due to events passed, he has been made rather forgetful. He set about looking it up again and preparing his first day's lesson plans, just in case he forgot again. He perused his student list shortly, before recalling that it was a required freshman class. He didn't much recognize the names on his list, of course. He never much recalled associating with unicorns, but pegasi seemed to stick in his memory. His only dealings with unicorns were faint memories of...bullies. He could not even remember why he took this job. But even so, orientation was about to begin. He took his desk, and began nodding off, not knowing how long before anypony would arrive in his classroom.

Lavender awoke for her natural day routine: get up get ready, grab mail, eat as simple as that. She yawned a few times slipped out of bed and sorted her mane and teeth out "Ugh my bed head" she would say muttering to her self to remove the lethal knots. After she had finally finished she went down stairs to collect her mail knowing her brother was still asleep she poked her head out side collected her mail."Yippeeeeeee!!!! I'm in I'm in I have to tell my brother!" Lavender screeched as she galloped up the stairs in extreme excitement." Brother I'm IN!" She then screeched again as she bounded onto his bed umping like crazy. "Ugh er what wait...Your in to Frotox your joking!" he said as he awoke tiredly. "Yes I'm in no joke I need to pack help I don't have much time!" Lavender said as she darted back out and in her room packing all the things needed with a rush."30 of them, 15 of them ,oh yeah mustn't forget that,a pet looks like I'm taking you Crystal come on get up," Lavender said hastily as she nudged Crystal up her faithful wolf cub. "Why Lavender oh yeah you got Frotox didn't you? I saw that in the mail last night," Crystal said as she awoke only to be dragged onto Lavenders back. "You saw it you little cheeky wolf come on lets get going, the WayGate might shut!" Lavender had finally finished packing and dragged her belongs outside seeing many other ponies rushing with belongings and an especially eager unicorn with a red coat which was, as she knew everyone down her road, Krosis. "Lets go Krosis lets go we cant slow down now!" Lavender said as she came rushing up to Krosis only to see he had already darted inside. Lavender laughed and waited for him her dark purple mane now glinting in the sunlight as well as her white coat.

hyicbXI.png

It took Care a little bit to realize what just happened. He had just received a hug for delivering a letter. He never got a hug for delivering a letter before..this was new. But just then the unicorn he gave the letter to darted off inside his home. He didn't even get time to say anything or let alone do anything. He just stood there for a bit.

Whatever that letter was..it was apparently really important and he was happy to get it. Just then Care looked over to the other houses and looked around. He saw a few more unicorns that seemed to be getting more and more excited. He glanced down at his wings and felt out of place. He loved his wings though.

Just then a white coated unicorn came up and looked like she was looking for the unicorn he just gave the letter to. Care felt like he needed to get to delivering so he put his mailbag to the front and flapped his wings. He chuckled a bit.

[colour=#800000]"Welp. I'm off to deliver mail!"[/colour] He saluted nopony and took off.

((I'm just gonna have my OC already at Frotrox when everyone else gets there alright Dabom? :D ))

Jumper walked down the street with his bag on his back. He didn't really see the point in going since he already mastered the only spell he was able to perform but oh well might as well learn so of the history of magic. He had already bought all the things he needed except a pet. He settled on going to Fluttershy's place to get one.

When he got there it was pretty calm like usual. He knocked on the door and the door opened slightly and Jumper saw an eye peek out at him. "Fluttershy? It's Planes Jumper. I need a pet." The door flew open and Fluttershy was on top of him with a large smile asking him a series of questions "Really? Did you want any thing in particular? Do you want a specific gender? Ohmigosh! ohmigosh! what type of animal did you want? Do you-" "Fluttershy clam down." Jumper said to try and make her stop being hyper. "I need a pet for school, Foxtrot-" "A Fox? OK I think there is one running around here-" Jumper cut her off again "Fluttershy. The School's name is Foxtrot. I just need a pet. Preferably something that can survive on its own for long amounts of time since I travel alot you know?" He told her. "Umm could you get off of me please?" he asked "Oops sorry." she said stepping off of him. "Thanks. So what type of animals do you have?" "I have just about every animal that you can think of. what were you thinking of in particular?" She asked "Something that comes when I call it and can be let outside on it's own. Also, like I said, it has to be able to take care of it's self." Fluttershy thought for awhile "I think I got something."

Krosis zipped around his house collecting anything he would need for the next 2 years. He Had got to his fridge and took anything that wouldnt spoil or Make a mess and Packaged them. He placed them into his bags and threw anything else away. He Had colected books, Paper, A pillow, Food, drinks, And alot of other things. He floated the large bag of bits he had saved up and put it in as well. He got to his door and Opened it, he stopped and looked back at his home. He sighed and trotted out. He shut and locked the door behind him.

He saw a familiar face and smiled to the mare, [colour=#800000]"Hey Lavender! Did you get in to?" [/colour]He asked her but saw the look on her face which awnsered for her. He chuckled [colour=#800000]"Great! We will be class mates!" [/colour]He said to her. He jumped down and motioned infront of him. [colour=#800000]"Shall we be off?" [/colour]He asked her. They began to trot twoards the Way gate. [colour=#800000]" i just gotta grab a couple things on the list for my courses. What school of magic did you get assigned to? I got restoration and defensive studies." [/colour]He asked her as they trotted along.

"Hey that's a good idea, lets go can't wait to get into Frotox.I haven't seen my studies yet I was too much in a rush to get my things ready.What is your pet?" Lavender answered back in an excited tone of voice as she tilted her purple bag which held Crystal her wolf cub."I have my letter right here I'll take a look when we've all settled down,"Lavender said calmly as she showed him the letter in her purple bag opposite the side of Crystal with joy.

Just then Arc noticed something. The black stallion looked up from the ground and looked up. He blinked a few times and shook his head. His bright yellow mane fell in his face just a bit. He blew it out of his face. He was standing next to the waygate to Frotrox. He had been asked to monitor the unicorns that entered..though he had no idea why. He was a student himself and all. He had been accepted to the school like everypony else. He already had his things in the college though and he had been through it once. Only once, he still had no idea where he was supposed to go in the building.

Arc snapped back to reality as he saw the two unicorns approaching the waygate. He moved in front of them and decided to do his job. He stomped a hoof down. [colour=#daa520]"Halt newcomers. By order of Celestia you may not enter unless I see your letters."[/colour] He scanned over both of them. He was pretty sure both of them had their letters so he made his voice sound intimidating on purpose. It was fun anyways.. [colour=#daa520]"You both have your letters...correct?" [/colour]He gave them both an intimidating smile and a nervous chuckle.

Denim continued to trot at a brisk pace the home she'd shared with her brother and his disk jockey friend from the Institute of Music. She was a few blocks from the waygate before she stopped, glancing around her, she saw plenty other unicorns, all with varying levels of excitement. She smiled slightly, "I think I was right to choose yellow this morning, happy atmospheres makes for a happy Denim."

She levitates the letter in front of her and pulls the glasses over her eyes, skimming over the paper, "Would like to extend an invitation, blah blah, affinity in the fields of Destruction and combatant magics... OK that's somewhat of a blanket statement, I don't just use it for combat... Oh, wait, they addressed that."

Denim sighs slightly, returning the glasses to their place on her forehead, "I'm going to hope they don't require me to supply those myself.. I could always try to conjure them... Hmm."

She shakes her head and continues on her way. Aquiring a pet hadn't really crossed her mind before. Her home in Manehatten hand't really been the best place for them, and Amicus' friend never seemed much like the type of mare to keep an animal around the house, "Ferrets are pretty cute, and they're small," She thought out loud, "Troublesome, but easy enough to deal with, especially with magic on your side."

With a new objective, and a smile on her face, Denim trotted on. One stop later, she was back on her way towards the waygate, a few bits shorter. The ferret she'd purchased, a cinnamon accented silvery grey female, poked its head from between Denim's ears, held partially in place by her magic. She had been given a pouch in which to carry the ferret, whom she'd decided to name Nico, but decided not use it just yet. Spying a few more unicorns approaching the waygate, she slowed her pace to a simple walk. There was a black coated stallion standing by the gate, demanding to see the acceptance letters. Denim made sure she had hers before she got much closer.

Krosis Smiled at Lavender, He had gone to Foal school with her but hadnt managed to get to know her much more than what he knew. He was so sidetracted by the glowing waygate infront of him he had forgotten completly about buying supplies. Lavender had asked about his pet and he smiled at the cub she had with her. [colour=#800000]"I honestly need to get one." [/colour]He said to her. Before he knew it they arrived at the waygate and a black stallion had demanded their letters. Krosis thought he was being a 100 percent serious but noticed he was chuckling slightly. He smiled back to him and looked to Lavender. He used his magic to float his letter out and handed it to her.[colour=#800000]" I need to go buy a pet real quickly..."[/colour]He said to her as he trotted away. [colour=#800000]" I will be right back Promise!" [/colour]He shouted.

A few moments passed and he had returned with A cat on his back asleep. It was a Calico female named Calie. He Absolutley loved cats for some reason and figured she would be able to explore Frotrox on her own. He took the letter from Lavender and thanked her. He levitated the letter to The black stallion.[colour=#800000]"There you go.....hope everything is in order mister official!" [/colour]He said in a light hearted tone.

Lavender nodded as Krosis rushed off in search for a pet as she she held out her own letter for the black coated unicorn in front."Are you attending Frotox ?"Lavender asked while awaiting for Krosis to return.Just as she was about to say something else, lavender saw a cat on Krosises back sleeping."Aww she looks adorable," Lavender had said as he handed his letter to the black coated unicorn and saying "There you go .....hope everything is in order mister official,"in a light hearted tone."Come on Krosis let's go through I can't wait to meet new unicorns," lavender said as she began to pass through the Waygate.

Arc stared at the unicorn mare with a blank expression. She asked if he was attending Frotrox. "Why yes. I am attending Frotrox." He then took her letter. He scanned it over and handed it back to her without saying anything.

He then noticed that the unicorn stallion had come back but..this time with a cat on his back? Oh well..animals were allowed in Frotrox. Arc didn't care at all. So Arc to the stallion's letter and scanned it over as well. He said nothing and handed it back to the stallion. He looked past and realized that the mare pretty much took it upon herself to enter that waygate. Hmm..would have been a shame if that waygate would have vaporized her.

Bahh...Arc shouldn't dwell on things. This was just a small thing he had to do. He really wanted to finish up and get inside to learn magic! But still...the mare should have waited for him to OK that they could go on in. Arc looked at both of them. "[colour=#daa520]Well I'd say you two are clear to go in. Welcome and enjoy your stay at Frotrox. Maybe I'll see you around?"[/colour] He turned away from them as he was sure they had already entered the gate.

As Arc turned his head back to the front of the gate he noticed that a new mare was trotting up. He was sure she was another student. Time to do the same song and dance routine.

He moved to her and stopped in front of her. "[colour=#daa520]Halt Unicorn." "You have a letter correct?"[/colour] He raised an eyebrow in question.

"Brilliant we hope to see you around," Lavender said as she used her magic to take the letter and put it in her ."lets go Krosis I wonder if we have to go through some strict registration and where this waygate takes us, hopefully to the hall.Our dorms cant wait to be assigned into them," Lavender had then said as a long sparkling light shrouded her and Krosis."What other unicorn friends will I we make," she muttered to herself while still walking forward full of excitement and nervousness.

Jumper started to head over to Foxtrot with his new pet raven. 'Interesting choice' he thought to him self. He trotted towards the gate of the when he saw a guard and another unicorn at the front. He got out his letter of acceptance and waited his turn to enter. While he waited he looked at his pet raven. "You need a name... what do you think about Coco?" The bird shook its head. "No um... Polly?" Again a shaking head. "How about Midnight?" The raven cawed as if in delight . "Midnight it is."

Krosis nodded to The pony, He had said that he would be attending the school as well. He seemed like a nice pony sure enough, just had a hardened exterior that just had to be widdled down to get to know him better. He trotted close to the waygate and sure enough it began to envelop them in a magical aroura. [colour=#800000]"Farewel ponyville." [/colour]He said. and just like that the gate transported them. It was a bright blue light and about made Krosis loose his lunch but it wasnt that bad for him. He watched as the magical energies Flew past him as he Moved through the Elemental plains.

Denim stopped when Arc stepped in front of her, and nodded, levitating the letter to him, "Right here in fact." She said with a friendly smile.

The ferret on Denim's head attempted to leap off as she nodded, but was caught by her magic halfway through the air. She waved her legs as if running, seeming to think that it would take her closer to the ground, but was only met with disappointment.

Arc took the letter and levitated it in front of him. He scanned it over quickly to make sure it was real and then gave it a nod. He folded it up for the mare and then levitated it back to her. [colour=#daa520]"Everything seems to be in order. Thank you and welcome to Frotrox."[/colour] He smiled and pointed his hoof towards the waygate. Though what happened with the ferret made Arc want to laugh he had to keep this serious expression. Though it was really funny.

He then noticed that another stallion came up and seemed to be waiting his turn. Arc looked at him and decided to ask him.[colour=#daa520] "Halt newcomer. Your letter to Frotrox?"[/colour] He raised an eyebrow in question.

Jumper revealed his letter that was hanging out of his mouth. "Sorry I'm only able to rip holes through the multiverse, I'm unable to levitate objects." he explained to the guard. "Hope thats not a problem?"

Arc raised an eyebrow at the stallion.[colour=#daa520] "Rip holes in the? Well as long as it's magic I don't see a problem with it."[/colour] He nodded and then pointed towards the waygate. "Welcome and please enjoy your stay at Frotrox." He gave the stallion a small smile and then a small piece of paper appeared in front of him. He levitated it and then slowly read it to himself. "[colour=#daa520]Ohh." [/colour]Then the paper disappeard. [colour=#daa520]"Seems that you were the last one. Well the last one to enter this waygate. Seems like my job is done and I can continue being a student." [/colour]Arc then moved on and stepped through the waygate and appeared at Frotrox. Once he was there he stopped and glanced around. He was waiting to see if he was anypony he knew.