''Making the world a safer place'' RP ideas

I've brought changes to the first post about my characters. Decided to make them older so they'll have more developped abilities and can take care of themselves.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking of joining, but I'm just going to put my app here when I decide.

Name : Summer Breeze

Species : Pegasus

Speciality : She has a copper-bladed katana, which, when stabbed into the ground, can create a wave similar to a sonic boom that puts her enemies in agonizing pain and rendering them unconsious

Personality : A little shy, but will stand up for her friends when needed. A little headstrong like Rainbow Dash and slightly less smart than Twilight. Has a colorful personality.

Appearance : Pale yellow with ice blue mane and tail. Her wings are a little bit crooked so that she cannot fly, but only uses them to propel herself forwards while running, therefore being able to run faster than most ponies and reach an almost-sonic-rainboom speed. Her cutie mark is a sun covered by a cloud.

Got a question for the katana... actually I'd be curious to know how it works in its entirety. Cause something that instantly creates a wave this strong is rather... um... very strong? Really need to know how strong that thing is, really. For it to put the others in ''agonizing pain'' and then rendering them unconscious is pretty much a one hit K.O here.

Got a question for the katana... actually I'd be curious to know how it works in its entirety. Cause something that instantly creates a wave this strong is rather... um... very strong? Really need to know how strong that thing is, really. For it to put the others in ''agonizing pain'' and then rendering them unconscious is pretty much a one hit K.O here.

I have played with neveria on a RP where she used this blade, it works on most opponites though against tough ones it just feels like a scratch. It can either kill them or knock them out. Its actually not that over powered though it is pretty strong

• 3 weeks later...

Bumpidy, I'm recruiting here again! Two spots available and the story has already began, but we're not far enough in it yet so people can still join!

Here's the thread for the RP: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/18470-making-the-world-a-safer-place-sign-up-in-ooc-thread/

I SHALL PLAY. As Magic Shine (I use him to much)

Name: Magic Shine

Species: Unicorn

Talent: Potion Making

Personality: He is insane

Apperance: Dark dark blue fur with blonde mane and tail.

Cutie Mark: Potion

Sorry. I doubt this character could make well in it, honestly. I've looked at some RPs you were in with this OC and didn't think it would fit at all in this one. I'm looking for people who will be able to write more than one line. I'm looking for drama and action more than comedy as well.

• 2 weeks later...

awesome, here is my character application

name: Augercorn

gender; male/colt

species: earth (thinks he is a unicorn)

age; unknown even to him est. to be mid to late 20’s

physical description: since Augercorn is based on my favorite type of horse in real life(http://www.google.com.bh/search?q=clydesdale+to+normal+horse+size&biw=1138&bih=567&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ngCeU-XIKIqysQSRvICIAw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#facrc=_&imgrc=GX-Mf-I1EMRm8M%253A%3BHlja9_smI5EdGM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.dailymail.co.uk%252Fi%252Fpix%252F2012%252F03%252F02%252Farticle-0-11FFA549000005DC-381_638x343.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%252Fnews%252Farticle-2109310%252FThe-Queens-new-NEIGH-bour-Britains-tallest-horse-carry-silver-drums-monarchs-Diamond-Jubilee.html%3B638%3B343 ) a Clydesdale

he is much bigger and ,more muscular than most ponies (big Mac resembles a Clydesdale also so his body would be similar to his) he has an dark orange coat like this. And has a long messy white unkempt mane and tail. And always wears a ice auger duct taped to his forehead to resemble a unicorn horn, his cutie mark is a bottle of prescription pills

Personality; (imagine a some what violent pinkie pie with big mac’s body) the very definition of a man-child Augercorn is full of energy and excitement. Very friendly and impulsive, he tries to make friends with people he likes. However he can be very violent and attack and harm those he doesn’t like on the spot. Augercorn has not been educated, and can seem rather dim at times; but he can be very clever, thinking in ways that most normal ponies can't, and is very good at analyzing battle tactics.

And when he has been put in a position of leadership (times were desperate) he did very well until help came. A few years ago he was outmatched by a powerful unicorn so he attempted to become a unicorn by duct taping a ice auger to his head, he defeated his foe and has worn it ever since. Lastly once you make friends with Augercorn he will be very loyal and protective of you, doing whatever it takes to keep his friends safe and happy.

Specialty; despite his size and mass Augercorn is very fast and agile able to perform acrobatics to avoid enemy attacks and maneuver around a battle field. Augercorn has been in many fights and battles and is very experienced. He will fight with anything he can get his hands on but is very fond of big swords such as claymores. Augercorn fights very effectively using his strength and agility combined with his unpredictable and somewhat crazed behavor. He has powers similar to pinke pie and can pull weapons that he owns out of nowhere.

I'd say it's a very good character and am eager to see him in action already! Only thing that would bother me, however, is the 'pulling a weapon he owns out of nowhere'. Although I really like Pinkie Pie, I think it's pretty unique of her and there isn't any real logic behind it either... hard to find a plausible explanation to this, honestly. For example, Seria my fairy character has a magical staff linked with nature as well as her. The staff being a unique item and being magical as well can be called from anywhere. So if the weapon is magic and linked to the character, I think it could work better than to just use the 'appears out of nowhere' option.

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/18470-making-the-world-a-safer-place-sign-up-in-ooc-thread/page__st__20

Here's the link to the RP. You can appear whenever you want! Only thing I would like is for you to be out of Ponyville since I need our characters to be out of it. Right now Seria and Sky are in the Everfree Forest dealing with that source which troubled the timberwolves while Violet and Glady are together on their way back to the town. They're not in it yet.

Ok, he won't pull weapons out of nowhere. I have a question about non oc ponys. We we be allowed to control non player charecters to a extent? For example augercorn walks into an ice cream shop and sees. An old friend of his, can we control and intract with said friend? Or would you rprefer. We keep npc interaction minimum?

Also how would combat work? Can we write freely as our charcter fights or do you want to have some kind of intractive combat system?

Well I'll take care of the Mane 6 and Celestia as well. Luna too if I decide to make her appear... but those important canon character I'll control them. Anyway we wouldn't see them for very long. Although I guess that if you really want to play one of the mane six we could talk this over and see for it, but as I said their appearance will be very brief. If this old friend is another character of yours then yes of course you can make him interact with that friend! There's zero problem with that XD or even a random pony as well.

As for battles the way I see them is that your character will make his move. You can describe the move for a better reaction from the others. Your move is never certain to hit, but you aim for it. So to try and put it simply you make your move(s) and the others will respond accordingly. I guess that as you said you can write freely for it as long as you don't assume it hits all the time. It's godmod when that happens lol.

Any of this makes sense? o.o

I don't think a pit would be necessary and pretty useless too lol. Seria can fly and the two others are almost out of the forest. Danger's almost not there at the entrance. Your character could be coming back to Ponyville or perhaps had business in the forest? I'm sure you can find something o.o

Unless that pit is Augercorn's?

Archived