(Canterlot)Burning Old Memories, (Open)

IceStorm

Icybanner_zps47801f3d.png

It had been a long while since Ice Storm had to commute to get to her shop. When she lived in Ponyville, she lived in the upstairs of her shop, which made it quite convenient when opening up or closing because she could take as much time as she wanted to get everything cleaned up and ready to go. Of course, it never usually took her very long to begin with, but still to a bit to get used to. Even more so was the route that she would have to take to get back and forth to her shop. Plus she still had to remain ready because she knew that Luna could more than likely call upon her at any moment, and she would expect her to be ready. However, the fact that she hadn't called for her yet, meant that she still had plenty of time for her stores, which she now had two of, and keeping them stocked was going to be a challenge. Especially since she couldn't be at her one in Ponyville all the time to make sure that it was staying adequately stocked and not falling behind.

Tonight was apparently another night in Canterlot, and although she wasn't exactly open yet, she found herself ready to open up within a few days. She finally got the interior done in the way that she wanted it, and she had everything organized exactly how it was in the shop in Ponyville to maximize her efficiency. If there was one thing that could be said about Canterlot, it was that it was much, much larger than Ponyville, and considering she felt like she picked a much better location for her store that the first time she tried to open one up here, she would rarely have a day where she wasn't busy. This was a good thing though because it meant she could keep her prices fairly low and still be able to make profit so that she could keep the everything supplied as it needed to be. "Phew, another few days like that and everything will be ready to go!" she said to herself as she magically locked the door behind her as she left the shop for the night. "Alright, tomorrow, I'll come back and place the sign over the door, and the rest of the chairs should be finished by then. I can place those at the tables and give the floor a super cleaning and then everything should be set," she finished as she turned back to head down the main street back towards the Spellbound Headquarters where she ended up moving in with Moondancer and Pressy in the upstairs loft. She could already imagine all of the good times that they were going to have together there.

On her way back though, she gazed upon to the sky and saw that Luna's moon was full tonight, and she wasn't that far away from Canterlot Park, which was were she spent most of her filly-hood. Considering that it was the middle of summer, she wasn't really concerned about a freak blizzard coming out of no where. She decided to go and at least spend most of the night looking up at the stars. The park itself was relatively empty, which left her favorite spot empty as she perched up on one of the taller hills that has a relatively tall tree next to it. She made herself comfortable and was content to relax after working her tail off the last couple weeks to get her shop ready to open.

Well this was a little unusual for him. Not the walking, he did that all the time. It was the fact he was doing it this late at night. He was more of a night owl than a morning pony, but by this time he was usually just hanging out with friends or helping with some show. Pyro found his plans to be very non-existent this night. He looked around as he walked down the street, noticing how much more empty it was at night.

He wasn't wearing his sunglasses either, they would've made things a little too dark for him to see clearly. He gazed up at the stars and sighed, letting his hooves simply carry him along. He wasn't even really sure where he was going. Oh well, he'd figure it out as he went. When he looked back down from the beautiful stars, he found himself in front of Canterlot Park.

"Might as well do some stargazing, nothing else is going on tonight." Pyro said to himself, shrugging before entering the park. He looked around for a bit before deciding on a hill that had a tree on it. Walking up to the tree, he found that a mare was already using the spot, which gave him pause. During said pause, recognition shone in his eyes. This was that mare that had made that ice tunnel during Winter Wrap Up.

"Hey! Mind if I sit with you? I recognize you from Winter Wrap Up, how've you been since then?" Pyro said as he got closer to the mare, stopping at a respectable distance from her. "I'm Pyro Blaze, by the way. I... Don't think I ever caught your name. If I did, I don't remember it... Sorry." Pyro said, finishing a little sheepishly.

To say that she was expecting anypony to come and speak to her in the middle of the park at this time of night would be a fallacy. In Fact, Ice Storm didn't even know that ponies were still coming to the park this late. Of course, she couldn't really say anything because she was a pony who loved the evening sky and spent as many nights as she could out here. To think that she was the only pony in Equestria who liked to sit outside and look up at the stars and the moon would be impractical. Impractical to the sense that she felt silly for the thought. The stars tonight though were so peaceful and relaxing that she didn't even notice the other pony starting to approach her. when he started to speak to her, she kinda jumped as she hadn't been expecting anything. The stallion himself had a white coat with a mane and tail that both looked as if they were made completely of fire. However, it was plainly obvious to Ice that it wasn't otherwise it would be glowing. The thought of a pony whose mane glowed like that amused her slightly and made her smile.

The stallion then asked if she minded that he joined her, stating that he recognized her from when she assisted with the Winter Wrap Up in Ponyville before she moved back here. She remembered that day vividly. She remembered going with Pressy to help wake up some bears in a cave before everything that could possibly go wrong, did. This included a massive blizzard that no pony knew about coming in from the Everfree Forest that she had to try to make an Ice Tunnel just to get back to the cottage. The stallion then introduced himself as Pyro Blaze, stating that he couldn't remember her name, and didn't think it was ever mentioned. To be honest, she couldn't remember either. All she could remember from that point was the fact that she was too tired to care about anything. She may be a master of the element of Ice, but that was still a lot of magic for a single pony to use, and it took her a couple days to fully recover from that amount of energy drain she suffered from it.

"To be completely honest, I don't really remember anything that happened once I got back to the cottage, so I don't remember if I even mentioned it at all, but my name is Ice Storm. About you joining me, I don't see any reason why not, a bit of company never hurt anypony," she smiled to him as he asked how she had been since. "Very busy actually. I just finished moving back to Canterlot about a month ago, and have been working on opening up my second store here. I own the Frozen Delights store in Ponyville, and I'm going to try to open the store here again in a better location for it. Aside from that, haven't really had much time to do much of anything else," she commented to him. "How about yourself?"

Pyro nodded at the mare's statement about not remembering anything after returning to the cottage. Couldn't blame her, creating that much ice must have been very draining on her. He smiled slightly as she introduced herself as Ice Storm. When she agreed to let him join her, he laid himself down on the grass where he had been standing, and looked up at the stars as she continued talking, answering his question of how she had been. Seemed she had been doing great, if a little exhausted. He looked back to her as she asked how he had been.

"I've been fine. Not much had been going on really, I helped some shows, I did my school stuff, nothing out of the ordinary for me. Sorry to say, but I've never heard of your store. Probably because it was in Ponyville. I actually live here, in Canterlot. Sounds like a good place though." Pyro said, still looking at her. He looked back up at the stars and sighed slightly. It was certainly beautiful out.

"It was much easier to recover from that blizzard than it was to recover from fighting changelings on Nightmare Night." Pyro said distantly as he watched the night sky with his bright red eyes.

"Well, I did have a store open here in Canterlot before I moved it to Ponyville. Although it didn't really work here the first time as I later found out I tried to opening in the wrong section of Canterlot, so most of the upper class ponies here weren't too keen on my treats at the time. I actually opened it up this time in the southern district. I'm hoping that it will do much better there. I'm also leaving my Ponyville store open as well as I'm trying to franchise it out. Everypony deserves to be happy so I figured I'd put a store, which intended purpose is to make ponies smile, in every city I can. I have my mother looking for a building for me now in Hoofington as well. Although, I don't really have any intentions of moving again. After all, I just finished moving back here," Ice explained to the stallion.

When he mentioned that the blizzard was easier to recover from that the changling attacks on Nightmare Night, she shrugged. "I wasn't really here for that so I can't really say. What I will say though is that was the most magic I have ever used in a single day, and it was on a day where magic was supposed to be non-existent. That said though, I felt the safety of others was more important than a rule of no magic. All I can say is that I hope that I never have to do something like that again, but I won't hesitate to do so if needed," she finished as she turned back up to the moon. "It is quite a lovely night though. Reminds me of many of the nights I had when I was younger. I would lay in this spot and look up to the moon for my inspiration, knowing that if a princess could go through what she had, I should be able to get through almost anything. It worked at least most of the time," she added with a smile.

Pyro listened as Ice explained how she had opened a store in Canterlot before the one she was opening now. Apparently she didn't have a good location for it, which might explain why he hadn't heard of it. Who knows, he might've walked right past her store one day and not seen it.

"That sounds great, bringing happiness to ponies through your shop. I'll have to try it when you finish opening up this new location." Pyro said, looking at Ice as she began talking about how she wasn't part of the Nightmare Night activities. Probably for the best, there were already too many ponies in danger as it was. One pony under attack was too many in his book.

"I agree, the safety of ponies comes before any sort of rule that prevents the saving of them. I used my magic as well, so your not the only one to have broken that rule." Pyro said, looking back up at the stars. "It certainly is beautiful out tonight. That's great, drawing inspiration from the moon like that. Everypony needs inspiration now and again, all you have to do is look up at night."

Ice nodded when Pyro said that it was a nice thing that she was trying to bring happiness to cities with her shop and that he would have to try it sometime. She was grateful that he thought about trying to stop by at some point once she was open. Considering that she was going to be opening up within the next couple days made her happy. The stallion could come in then and trying her from scratch treats. As unfortunate as it was though, her other two stores would not have the same luxury. They would have to have a freezer in order to turn water into blocks of ice for the shop that she could in turn make naturally with her magic. That being said, she was confident that the store that she had in Ponyville was in good hooves. "It seems to have worked very well in Ponyville, so I'm hoping that the better location for it here will yield the same results. I'm also looking into a few buildings in Hoofington that my mother pointed out to me, though this will be my permanent home for now," she added with a smile.

"And that's true as well. The moon is quite honestly one of the best sources of inspiration that a pony can look to in my opinion. Simply because regardless of anything that's going on in their lives, they have the comfort of knowing that it will always be there. Even when we can't see the moon at night because it is in it's new phase or being obscured by clouds, it will forever be there, and will forever remind us of the troubles the princess of the night has over come to be the mare that she is now, and is a testament to ponies everywhere that even the best of ponies can make a poor decision, but it's how they bounce back from that decision, and what they do afterwards that will determine the type of pony that they are. After meeting her personally, I can personally say that the Princess of the Night is a remarkable mare and deserves just as much respect and admiration as her sister does, if not more. I'm not trying to take anything away from Princess Celestia, it's just to me, Princess Luna is more relatable to most of the ponies in Equestria, and her moon is a symbol that somepony is always watching no matter what. All you have to do, is know where to look," she said to him.

Ice talked about how well her shop did in Ponyville and how she hoped for the same level of success at her new location in Canterlot. Pyro nodded at that, it was a nice Hope to have. She then began speaking of the moon and how it was, in her opinion, the greatest source of inspiration for a pony. She talked about how the moon was always there, even if you couldn't see it. Ice also talked about how it was a reminder of what Luna had to endure.

"True, true. Luna certainly has gone through a lot, and she came back great. Of course, her moon isn't the only thing reliable in the sky. The sun is up there every day, though it is occasionally covered with clouds, just like the moon could be. I'm not really sure which Princess is better, really. They both have their ups and downs, I'm sure. I don't know much about them, though I've actually been around Celestia twice now. I've never gotten to just be around the other princesses as of yet. I mean, I'm sure I've seen them or something, but never like I have with Celestia. Luna's story is inspirational though, I'll agree to that." Pyro said, gazing at the stars still. After a second, he spoke again. "Oh yeah, sorry if not using their titles offends you or something. I'm not really one for formalities like that."

Ice nodded as Pyro mentioned that the moon wasn't the only thing that was in the sky all the time and could be relied upon. He mentioned that the sun was also in the sky every day regardless of whether it was shrouded by weather itself. Ice could not deny this, the sun, like the moon, was always there, and it was true, she had to deal with the absence of her sister for a thousand years herself. However, Celestia herself had never gone through the emotional status or rejection that her sister had felt. Or at least as far as Ice Storm knew anyway. That wasn't to say of course that Celestia wasn't an inspiration to Ponies who have been on the flip side of the circumstances whom had to deal with things that a family member has done in order to try to set things right themselves. It really just boiled down to the fact that different ponies needed inspiration for different things, and in all honesty, the best place to find that inspiration and determination is in the sky.

"That is true, and Celestia also had to deal with everything in her own way, but she still had everypony supporting her throughout everything whereas Luna had nopony to help her, and most definitely nopony that wanted to. Both princesses are a really good source of inspiration though depending on the type that your looking for, and are a great example of what it means to be determined," she said to him. When he apologized about not using proper formalities for the princesses she giggled lightly. "Don't worry about it. I'm the last mare you need to be concerned about formalities with. Unless I'm addressing them directly, I avoid using formalities at any cost. Constant negative encounters with Nobility will make a pony not give two bits about the formalities that they offer. At least the princesses have earned their titles though and didn't get them just by living someplace special," she explained to the stallion.

Pyro nodded as Ice talked more about Celestia and Luna. Both princesses had their own problems in the past, and they both provided inspiration to different types of ponies. Also true that Luna had no support to get through her problems. Still, Celestia had problems of her own.

He joined in Ice's chuckling as she said she didn't mind him not using the formalities. Apparently she didn't like using them either. Awesome, he wasn't offending her by doing that. Pyro nodded again as Ice mentioned that many bad meetings with nobility made her dislike them.

"Yeah, I don't care too much for nobility either. Except for the princesses, of course. They've earned their respect. Most of the rest of the nobility has done nothing to earn their titles. I avoid that part of the city pretty much whenever I can, because I don't want to deal with the nobility." Pyro said as he laid there.

"Well, I have more of a personal grudge towards nobility than most. It was an aristocrat that tore my family apart when I was a foal, and I never really got passed that. To be honest, that's probably why I didn't get along too well with ponies the first time I was here. My judgement had been tainted by what happened," she told him with a smile. While she was sitting there though, it dawned on her that while they had been talking for a few moments, they had talked about the princesses, and they had talked about her shop, but they hadn't really talked about what the stallion did much. The agreed on some views which lead to some insight about the stallion, but otherwise Ice didn't really know the first thing about the pony that she was speaking to other than his name.

"That being said, may I ask what you do for a living here in Canterlot? I'm presuming that it would have something to do with fire, judging from your cutie mark, but you can't really be too sure anymore. Sometimes the obvious answers to a cutie mark isn't always the accurate one," she asked. The stallion seemed nice enough and so far could easily be a friend that she would enjoy talking with from time to time.

Pyro looked at Ice with a look of sympathy as she revealed that her family had been torn apart by nobles. That just made him angry, that the aristocracy tore apart families like that. He lay back down and gritted his teeth to help control his growing anger and the fire that came with it.

"That's horrible! How could they do something like that to a family?" Pyro growled out, his eyes narrowed in anger. A low growl could be heard as he slowly let off his excess magic by using his heating spell. He didn't move as Ice asked about his job in Canterlot and made a comment about how his cutie mark may not fit his job. He laid there for a bit, the only sound being the low growl, which was slowly going away as he calmed himself down.

"I do pyrotechnics for shows, mostly in the city. Other than that, I'm still in school, to help learn control of my fire magic." Pyro said after he had sufficiently calmed himself down.

Ice could see the stallion getting visibly upset when she told him that it was aristocracy that was responsible for the desolation of her family. Okay, maybe not so much desolation but definitely responsible for breaking it apart for as long as it had been. "At the time, I couldn't believe there were ponies like that out there, and I didn't know that ponies would do literally anything in order to get their hooves in with the noble crowd. There are a select few though that realize though once they did, they had lost what they valued most, and quickly got out of it. Ultimately, the only thing that really matters about a pony is what's in their heart in the end. It doesn't matter how much or how little money they have. If their heart is not in the right place, they will always fail," she said as she listened to him tell her that he did pyrotechnics for shows, but for the most part, he was still in school.

"Oh, do you attend the same university as Moondancer? I had thought about going back myself to refine a bit more, until Moony mentioned that it was more focused on teaching the theory behind magic rather than actually trying to refine one's ability. Although, I have a pretty firm mastery over ice as it is, so I don't really know what I could improve it with at this point," she commented.

Pyro listened as Ice spoke more about the aristocracy, how some ponies would do anything to become one of them, only to realize how much they truly lost. What angered him the most was that they would do it in the first place. She continued on to say that what mattered most was where their heart was in the end, that if it wasn't in the right place, it wouldn't matter how much supplies they would have. Pyro had to agree with that, though the method used to get there was almost as important as their reason why to him. If the method used intentionally put friends, allies, or innocents in danger, then their method was not a good one. Then she questioned his school, asking if Moondancer went there as well. Moondancer... The name sounded familiar.

"I think she goes to the same school as me, but I'm not quite sure. Anyways, I'm only there to help patch up the only hole I've seen in my control. I already know plenty of spells, both fire and otherwise, so I don't really need any more of those for my preferred job. I want to be a guard, protect the innocent, fight for those that cannot fight for themselves, and punish the evil ones. I don't want to hurt anypony that I'm not trying to hurt, so that's why I'm solidifying my control over my fire magic." Pyro said, still staring up at the stars.

Ice nodded when Pyro said that the name sounded familiar and that he said that he thought that he wasn't quite sure. That he himself was only there because he had a hole in his ability to control his magic. He already knew plenty of spells both Fire and otherwise, so he didn't really need anymore. He stated that he wanted to be a guard and protect those that cannot fight for themselves and punish the ones that want to do evil in the world. She nodded again to that statement. He doesn't want to hurt anypony he's not trying to hurt, so he was trying to solidify his control over fire.

"Definitely a noble cause, one that I might be able to help with in the near future, as I as well want to make the land a better place for ponies. However, only time will tell if I will actually be able to do that or not. For the most part though, I understand your sentiment, and I to wish to be there to protect ponies that can't protect themselves. As you saw from Winter Wrap Up, I have not qualms about putting my own safety on the line to protect somepony else or to do what needs to be done to ensure their safety. I can't say that I foresaw the ponies leaving the cave after I sealed it. At the rate the storm was moving, I didn't honestly think they would make it to the other entrance to the cave in time," she said reflecting back on that night.

"That being said, the only ponies that should have been out in that once the storm hit, were ponies like us that can withstand that type of cold for a prolonged period of time. You can generate heat and keep yourself from getting cold, much like another friend I know. You might know her as well, as she also lives here in Canterlot. Her name is Fire Heart, but aside from that, I myself have a very high tolerance for cold. I don't get cold very easily, and while that storm was a bit chilling to me, it was more because of the amount of magic I had to use rather than the actual temperature. The more energy that a pony uses, the more heat escapes from the body, making it feel colder than it actually is," she added looking up to the sky.

"Ever since I was a filly, I've always been trying to be the one to look after others because when I was a filly, I had no pony to look after me. I was the easy filly to make fun of, I had very few friends that would take up for me, and I didn't have anypony at home to go to. So, once I grew up, and even more so recently, I've been trying to be there for others when issues have come up. I also want to be the one that everypony knows that they can come to no matter what for help, and while it may not always be the help that they want, it will be the help that they need. Even if it's nothing more than a gentle nudge in the right direction. After all, that's all it took for me to get everything turned around when everything seemed to be at it's darkest. I want to be that guiding light that helps other ponies out of that darkness," she told him looking back to him with a smile. "Tis a noble goal to have, and it shares a lot in common with your desire to guard and protect."

Pyro nodded as he listened to Ice talk about how his goal was a noble one to pursue, and that she might be able to help in the near future. At that he looked over at her with an eyebrow raised, wondering what kind of help she was talking about. She continued along, saying she wanted to make the world safer for the good ponies, just like he did. He continued listening as she brought up Winter Wrap Up and what she did for the ponies in the cave. Then she talked about how only ponies like them should've been out in the storm after it hit. He had to agree with that, only ponies that could keep themselves from freezing out in the storm should've been out there.

At the mention of Fire Heart, he perked up a bit. He definitely remembered her, how could he forget that giant fireball they made together. Not the best idea, in hindsight, but it was definitely a memorable experience. Pyro focused back on what Ice was saying as she started in on a story about how nopony really looked out for her as a filly. He listened to the rest of what she had to say in silence, simply watching her with a look of sadness in his eyes.

"I... I feel sorry for you, having to go through that kind of rough foalhood. Your goal is a great one to have though, and you're right that it had similarities to my goal. Your goal is great, everypony needs guidance at some point, even if they don't want it. And you're also right that only those that could handle the storm should've been out in it. Even if I hadn't been able to keep myself warm, I still would've been out there, saving as many ponies as I could." Pyro said before looking back up at the stars. "As for Fire, I do know her. We met a while ago, but it'd be hard to forget a meeting like that. It got pretty exciting, and a little dangerous. Anyways, she was a nice mare, though I haven't seen her since." Pyro said as he stared up at the stars and remembered his meeting with Fire. After a bit, he turned his head to look at her again. "What kind of help were you talking about earlier?"

Ice smiled but shook her head when Pyro said that he felt sorry for her. "You shouldn't. True, it was less than ideal living conditions, but it was all of those combined events that made me into the mare that I am today. So regardless of what I've had to endure in the past, it doesn't mean as much anymore as the time that I have now. After all, what we were in the past doesn't matter. All that matters is who we are now. It was also those experiences that allowed me the insight to be able to help other ponies, and was what enticed me to open up my shops and try to do what I can to make sure others don't feel that. After all, you can't help somepony who's feeling something that you've never felt before," she remained smiling.

"Haha, yeah I can imagine. Fire Heart is a great friend, and I wouldn't be surprised that you would have an exciting time with her. Although I am curious as to how things could get dangerous, cause I know she's going to the academy for the same reasons you are. She's trying to gain better control over her emotions to gain better control over her magic. I think though that's an issue that all unicorns struggle with at times. I know that my ice magic is affected greatly when I get upset or angered. Thankfully I've never been in a position to see what happens though when I get too angry. I came close once though," she finished as the stallion asked how she would be able to help. She didn't really want to come out and give the exact reason as to how, especially since she didn't really know if she could be that much of a help in the long run.

"Well, I'm not sure if you've heard, but there's a new magic guild in Canterlot called Spellbound. Our headquarters is a bit in that direction, and I live in the loft with Moondancer and Presteza. That being said, it's a guild for any unicorn that wishes to further their interest in magic. If you aren't already a member there, you should definitely come and take a look. As for how this could help, I know for a fact that Moondancer works with Celestia on occasion. I might be able to speak with her and see if she could get a good word in for you," she informed him

Pyro remained silent as Ice said he shouldn't feel sorry for what she endured. He couldn't help it, he didn't want any innocents to get hurt, even though it was in the past and he didn't know her back then. Then she talked about how what happened in the past doesn't matter anymore. To him, that depended on what actually happened. Regardless, he had to agree that it was harder to help somepony through something that you had never experienced yourself. Then came talk about Fire, which brought a slight smile to his face.

"Yeah, she's pretty great as a friend. It's a little sad that I've not seen her since then, but oh well. I know we're going for the same reasons, we talked about stuff like that. As for how it got dangerous, she suggested we try combining our fire magic, which worked a little too well. We ended up with a giant fireball that we were slowly losing our grip on. It had started singing the grass by the time we both had magical surges, which allowed us to split it and dispel the energy. Afterwards, we were both exhausted, neither of us could move for a while." Pyro said, recounting the events of his meeting with Fire. He then began thinking over what Ice had said about a magical guild within Canterlot.

"Spellbound... Hmm... Can't say I've heard of it, though I do know Presteza. It sounds like a good thing for me to be a part of though, maybe I should join." Pyro said, still looking up at the stars.

As the conversation progressed, Ice Storm listened with great interest as Pyro spoke of his own friendship with Fire Heart, stated that he knew that they were going to the academy for the same reason because they had talked about if before in the past. He also added that their previous meeting got a bit dangerous because Fire decided that it would be a good idea for them to try to combine their fire magic and it ended up working a bit too well and created a massive fireball. Her eyes went a bit wide for a moment at the thought of it's size before they settled back down. "Well, at least you both know that if your ever in a situation that calls for heat, you both have plenty of it," she giggled.

When the unicorn mentioned the possibility of him joining Spellbound, Ice's eyes lit up. She had just recruited somepony! And she wasn't even trying! It was awesome feeling and one that made her giddy inside. "You should totally come join us. Our goal is to further understand and develop our magical abilities. Presteza is a part of it as I mention, and Fire Heart is as well. It's a great place to meet new friends as well. We had our open house a few nights ago, and there were many ponies there. I was honestly kinda intimidated by the amount of ponies that were there myself for the event. I don't typically do well in large gatherings. Things have a habit of going wrong. That being said, We could head back to the headquarters and we could start getting everything going to make you an official guild member. Once a member, you'll receive a shiney new badge, and at least to my understanding, unrestricted access to our library. Granted, that library isn't very large yet, but it's a start," she smiled sheepishly before rubbing the back of her head with a hoof.

Pyro gave a snort at Ice's statement about him and Fire having plenty of heat. They certainly did, plenty of flames. He kept listening as Ice continued, now talking about Spellbound and how Fire was also a part of it. Well, now he knew three out of four members for sure. A little strange that they were all mares, but he'd be fine. Pyro frowned slightly as Ice mentioned that there had been an open house a couple nights ago. He hadn't even heard about it, not that he could've gone. Ice continued to say that she didn't do well in large groups, and that she had been intimidated by the amount of ponies at the open house. As she finished by saying they could head over and make him a member, Pyro looked over to her and smiled slightly.

"Sure, we can head over whenever you're ready." Pyro said, repositioning himself so that it would be easier to get up when the time came. He then paused for a moment and frowned before speaking again. "You know, I think Presteza is angry at me or something. She hasn't talked to me since... Nightmare Night, I believe. She pretty much ignored me during Running of the Leaves. We didn't even get a chance to talk during Winter Wrap Up, so that one is understandable." Pyro said, staring at the stars as he spoke. This might not be the best time for that, but it was too late now.

(Apologies for delays I was at bronycon up until yesterday so posting was very limited. Also, for the record, Icy is about Fleur's size and build will be needed cause she stands up this post.)

A small giggle was all that could escape from the icy blue mare's mouth when the stallion next to her snorted. Apparently at her comment about him and both having plenty of flame. She couldn't help it. She had to have a slight bit of fun with ponies of the opposite element otherwise what type of ice pony would Ice Storm be? He did seem to be a tad bit disappointed though when he heard that he had missed the open house for the guild. Perhaps it was a good thing. After all, if he had come to the open house, they may not be here talking now, plus he would have been lost in the mass of ponies that was in appearance. Though she still couldn't figure out what Applejack was doing there though. She presumed that it was just as Princess Celestia had stated. She was probably there on behalf of Twilight, but she couldn't rule out that Applejack had other friends there that she was hanging out with as well. After all, you don't have to have magic to be able to have friends.

As she thought on it though, that was something that she had to make sure to try harder to do. She knew that in the past she had her differences with Canterlot, but having been freshly scorned by nobility, not willing to trust other ponies, and having been exposed to the negative side of ponies before hand, she felt that maybe she was too young to completely understand that perhaps the ponies here were only treating her that was because she was merely bringing it on herself. She thought back to what Luna had told her when they met that night. That she wasn't the only one that was hurt by this. The more she thought about this statement and how it reflected on her, the more true she found it to be. Everything in Canterlot could have been a lot better if she had opened up and started trusting other ponies sooner. After all, two of her best friends now where here in Canterlot, and this stallion here was really nice as well. There's no way that a city like this can change in such a short amount of time so it only added to the conclusion that perhaps it wasn't Canterlot that had a problem with her, but the other way around.

When the stallion said that he was ready to go when she was, Ice smiled and began to stand up. "I'm ready now. I can still look at the stars as we walk back to the headquarters. Plus I can always lay on the balcony there. That being said, I haven't even heard Pressy mention you before so I can't honestly say if she's angry at you or not. That being said, have you done anything that you know of that could have potentially upset her? Believe me, I'm the last pony to judge so you don't have to worry about me getting angry as long as you're honest with me," she smiled to the stallion.

Pyro looked at Ice as she stood up, quickly following suit as she said she was ready to go and that she could look at the stars on the way there. And that she could go stargazing on the balcony at the guild. Presteza never mentioned him? Understandable, he guessed. They barely knew each other after all. Ice then asked if he had done anything to make Pressy mad, saying she wouldn't get mad as long as he was honest.

"Really the only thing I can think of is how I went about fighting off the changelings during Nightmare Night. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have been making magic explosions with so many allies in the same cave, but it was the only thing I could see to do at the time to escape the cage at the beginning, and later to escape the grasp of some changelings." Pyro said, relaying the reason he had come up with to Ice. "Well, lead the way Ice, we can talk more on the way there."

Ice listened as Pyro spoke starting to lead them towards the headquarters like he had asked. The stallion stated that the only thing that he could think of that could have agitated her was how he handled the Changeling invasion. He explained that he had used explosions in a cave to try to get away from the changlings that were invading. "Well, to be perfectly honest, if I had been there, I probably would have been a bit aggravated as well because of that. The issue is that most caves aren't structurally sound enough to be able to withstand many explosions like that. The fact that you were able to make it out is a testament to the cave more than anything. That being said, the important thing was that you and everypony else made it out alive. Because of this, I don't really see any reason why she would hold a grudge. I do know that she has been extremely busy with her art recently. You think it might be not so much that she's ignoring you, but rather just doesn't have that much time for things. I live with her and I don't see her that often until it's already time for bed. So I highly doubt she actually has some sort of grudge against you," she told the stallion as she explained to the stallion. Try as she may he couldn't really place Pressy holding a grudge over that, but she herself has held a grudge over things much more trivial in the past.

"The Headquarters is just at the end of this street here on the left. We should be there in a few minutes. You'll just have a few forms to sign and then I will go get your badge and show you around the headquarters. It isn't anything fancy at the moment as the guild literally just started, but with enough time and dedication, we can make the guild a shining beacon of Equestria," she smiled as she continued to lead the way.Thinking back though, she couldn't really help but wonder about what he said. He wasn't the only one that had issues with caves, and she didn't feel that she needed to remind him of what happened during Winter Wrap Up. She began to think back to their situation and how they could have handled it differently. Obviously if they had known there was going to be a blizzard she didn't think any of them would have been crazy enough to challenge the weather. Well, she might have, but she could control ice so she could at least make herself a path to travel in and give her at least some visibility, which was better than none. A few more steps she looked up and saw that they were at the guild house. "And here we are," she smiled to the stallion.

Pyro frowned as he followed after Ice and she responded to his recounting. He was aware of that, that caves could easily collapse with too many explosions, but at the time it was the only solution he could see working for him. Still, he knew it wasn't the greatest of ideas. He agreed that the important thing was that everypony had made it out alive. Some more battered than others, but they were all alive. Ice continued on, saying she wasn't sure why Presteza would hold a grudge, and that she was busy with her art recently.

"In my defense, I only made two explosions, the second of which only really put me in danger. As I said before though, I realize that they weren't the best decisions, making the explosions." Pyro said just before Ice began talking more about the guild itself. Forms? Fine. He didn't really like paperwork, but he could survive. He looked up as Ice announced they had arrived. He took in the building for a little bit before looking over at the mare.

"Alright, ladies first." Pyro said, opening the door with his magic and allowing Ice to enter before following her in.

(OOC: The Guild Sign-up sheet is here.

Just make a post in there and you'll be a member.)

When Pyro said he only made two explosions, Ice shrugged her shoulders. He added that it was only the second one that had put him in danger and that he realized it wasn't the best decisions. "Perhaps. What's done is done though, and I wasn't there for it so I have no right to say one way or another," she replied to the comment as Pyro opened the door to the guild house and motioned for her to enter with the usual 'ladies first' line. She smiled slightly before heading inside to the extravagant guild hall. Moondancer and Presteza had certainly left no stones unturned when they did the remodel of the main hall. No longer was it the plain, boring white walls that lined the hall. Along the east wall, stood a massive fireplace that was surrounded by a river-rock mantle that proudly displayed itself for all ponies who entered to see. On either side of the fireplace and lining the walls to the doorways were a series of bookshelves all of which had various tomes in them containing information for any member to seek out.

"This is the main guild hall, library, and pretty much main room of the guild at the moment. We're still working on renovating the rest of it so that it will feel more welcoming in every room and be easy on the eyes. From my knowledge Presteza is doing a lot of the decorating. I could be wrong though so don't quote me on it. If you'll wait down here and take a seat in one of the relaxing cushions, and believe me, they are quite relaxing, I'll bring the forms and your badge down from upstairs. Won't take me more than a second," she smiled before bolting upstairs and then coming back down with the badge and the form. "Alright, just fill this out, and you'll be good to go," she finished with a smile.

Archived