Hotel Mystere (2016) (ATTN. DreamySunday) (Ask to Join)

Lyipheoryia

Starry smiled as she entered the hotel.  It was finally time for a two-week break from Canterlot, and this hotel in Baltimare was just the place to spend her time.  She dropped her luggage onto the soft carpet floor, her hooves rubbing the threads to disperse the moisture from outside.  After a few moments, she levitated her luggage and cast her infrared spell.  She gave a smile, before walking towards the front desk.

Bluemoon came crashing through the open doors of this mysterious hotel, covered in mud, tumbling and rolling in whatever was in her way. This time? An unsuspecting pile of luggage belonging to a new patron of the hotel. " Wowie! That was awesome! " Bluemoon made her way back to the doors and shouted " Hey Ivan! The catapult works GREAT! Wonder if he Can hear me. " Bluemoon turned back around and noticed exactly where she was. " Oh, well. Might as well get a room now that I can afford it. " Busting out her bag o' bits, Bluemoon walked her way to the clerk and asked " Do your rooms come with showers? "

(Hey-should we get one more person to join?  I'm kinda used to this being a three-person rp.  Plus, I think that would be more fun~.  Your thoughts?))

(To reply to your reply from Skype:  How about Eventide?  It just doesn't seem natural to me for this to be a 2-player thing when the original had three members.)

• 4 weeks later...

The value of an individual could be counted in their coin, or their capability. This was true everywhere. A relationship between the two was not the same ubiquitously, as not everyone had both, the poor masters and faces of fame. Both possessions promised merit, influence, power. Value. He had both. But he could always have more.

Exotic grounds called from far away, echoes from a graceful ghost of a beast in the far reaches. As far as he was concerned these hotels were simply roofs supported on pillars of shimmering gold, which boded well for his ilk. Why he was there mattered not a whit, in any case. It was just his day to day, the status quo.

A dark, dire looking Gryphon carrying a light grey pack appeared in the lobby, with a longbow astride his chest. These he would check in with the concierge. His arrangements were not already made, but he picked up on what to request. Only the simplest, the most spartan in temporary living space would suffice; he would sleep in their broom closet if it was allowed. His angle was always to find a profit.

He waited impatiently behind the silly ponies ahead, grumbling indistinctly.

Starry walked up to the counter, "Greetings~  My room should have been reserved under the House of Requiem?"

She turned around, casting her infrared spell to get a sense of her surroundings...and a very strange creature.  She couldn't quite tell what it was, like a sick abomination of a pony covered in some odd substance.  A Gryphon stood a few feet far from her, and she gave a weak smile, "Hello, sir,"

Requiem. It was only a name, but a bit macabre for a pony. This one turned his way. He was going to have to talk to someone again.

He took a lukewarm scan. From the dark shades, the way she looked, he assumed she didn't have vision. There were other ways to see. "... Hello." The adjacency pair was honoured.

• 4 weeks later...

Bluemoon tossed a large bit purse filled to the brim with bits onto the counter and said " That should about cover a room right? " Bluemoon took one look at the purse and noticed that it was covered in mud and dirt. Confused, the Pegasus looked down at herself and noticed that she too was covered from head to hoof in mud. " Oh Pffft How rude of me. " Bluemoon Then began shaking like some sort of Canine slinging mug onto anything that was unfortunate enough to be close by. " There. That's better. " Bluemoon grabbed her room key and began looking around for any sign of where the rooms may be.

Starry smiled, eager to chat with somepony after her long ride from Canterlot, "Where are you from?"

She stepped up to receive her room key, only to miss it on the counter and instead sweep it right onto the floor.  She gave a grimace, knowing how hard it would be for her to find it.  Hard.  Really hard.  Keys gave off little to no infrared sightings, and her blindness wouldn't help finding this needle in a haystack.  

She was Starry Requiem-she was Canterlot Elite and Royalty.  She shouldn't have to deal with stupid keys falling onto the ground.  In grudging embarrassment and feeling rather low, she bent down and started to pat around for the key. 

• 2 weeks later...

The lobby appeared a little crowded. Something that seemed to be a rabid animal caked in mud was making a mess by the counter, which refuted notions that this was a terribly high-class and expensive spot.

He looked again to the tattooed pony trying to engage his attention. "Aquellia." Gosh, that narrowed it down. The impaired mare dropped her room key, and Garrett sighed. The sooner this was finished, the sooner the gryphon could get to the counter and move along. "There." He guided her hoof to the keys. Surely by now she should have learned to find things, like fallen keys, by the sounds they made. She could not survive in the wild.

• 1 year later...

As Bluemoon searched and searched with her eyes she could find nothing. " Hmm, maybe if I got another look out spot! " Turning around and walking away without warning, Bluemoon walked and trip right over a hunched over pony. " Haha! I'm knocking into so many things today. " Getting up and off this poor pony,  Bluemoon extended her hoof toward her. " Heh, sorry about that. Here.

6 hours ago, DreamySunday said:

As Bluemoon searched and searched with her eyes she could find nothing. " Hmm, maybe if I got another look out spot! " Turning around and walking away without warning, Bluemoon walked and trip right over a hunched over pony. " Haha! I'm knocking into so many things today. " Getting up and off this poor pony,  Bluemoon extended her hoof toward her. " Heh, sorry about that. Here." 

((Hotel Mystere (2017) ))

Startled with a thump, Starry gave a gasp.  Did somepony just...trip over me?  She gave a look of disbelief, before hearing the voice of a chipper, polite, mare offering an apology. She stood up, brushing the dust off her coat and straightening her mane, "Starry Requiem, Heir and Head of the House Requiem."  She sniffed the air, sticking her snout to the sky whilst smirking, "And who exactly are you?"

• 1 month later...

" Bluemoon! I also like air and my head is on my shoulders, not in my house! " Reaching out and grabbing one of Gold Experience Requiem and shook it vigorously! " Pleasure to meet you! Hey, are you having trouble finding your room too? Or is it just me? Heh, I mean I've never been here before. So maybe it's just that eh?" Bluemoon continued to look around for her room or anything that might point her to it.

((Oh gosh this still exists! :P))

The pony sounded...nice enough.  Starry gave an audible gasp of surprise as she found her hoof being shaken vigorously, and struggled to draw back her hoof.  "No, I should have no trouble finding my room at all.  There are only three grand suites in this hotel, afterall,"  

She flicked her tail, and cast another infrared spell over the scene: young mare, covered in some sort of substance that seemed to be stuck to the mare's coat.  

With a look of absolute Canterlite horror on her face, she asked, "Are you covered in mud?" 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Character sheet

The door of the building slowly opened as an elderly light brown earth pony covered in thick, dark brown, vein-like tattoos entered the room. Attached to his side is a heavily worn looking saddle bag. 

Upon entering, he carefully closes the door behind him with a gentle nudge of a back leg before looking around to take in his surroundings. He let out a low whistle, They certainly know how to make an impression on a pony. he thought to himself.

Glancing around at the rooms occupants his mouth quirks upwards into a cheerful grin. Slowly, he shifted his position to sit back on his haunches and raised a front hoof in greeting. 

“Howdy there folks. Name’s Hemelo, who might you be?” He asked curiously.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2017 at 4:50 PM, Bronco said:

(Howdy! Could I possibly join this, and out of curiously is there an OOC discussion perhaps setting this little operation up?) 

(Feel free to join in!  There isn't an OOC - since this was a revival from an rp a few years back)  

On 8/7/2017 at 10:41 PM, DreamySunday said:

" Bluemoon! I also like air and my head is on my shoulders, not in my house! " Reaching out and grabbing one of Gold Experience Requiem and shook it vigorously! " Pleasure to meet you! Hey, are you having trouble finding your room too? Or is it just me? Heh, I mean I've never been here before. So maybe it's just that eh?" Bluemoon continued to look around for her room or anything that might point her to it.

((Boop for post))

Archived