[Ponyville - Carousel Boutique] A Dressmaker's Calling [FOLLOW-UP PHASE]

RarityDash

(OOC: Sorry for how basic this post is, but with Sweetie and Rarity occupied, he is trying to fill the time.)

Guiding Light waited around the main area of the Boutique. So this was forlam fashion! Light knew nothing about fashion. It wasn't like he was born in a fashion spot like Canterlot, nor did he have any reasonto dress formally. Now Light was by no means a backwoods pony who knew nothing about culture. He knew that this was a special occasion coming up, and formal attire was required. He learned from Pipsqueak what exactly this meant with formal attire. As Light thought about Pip, he wished he was there as he would be able to help him.

It appeared that the royal pony named Prince Blueblood was next, and then Light. With Blueblood taken care of, he could meet Sweetie Belle and enact the second part of his reason here.

AppleBumpkin2withtextattmept2.png

Apple Bumpkin smiled at Rarity and remarked to herself out loud in a hushed tone. "Gosh this Rarity sure is pretty, and her little sister Sweetie Belle is cute to boot!" She shook her head and then put a hoof to her mouth, why in the world had she said that out lout! Curse her brain for vocalizing such thoughts! She hung her head in shame and used her hoof to paw at the ground a bit then remembered that she was in public and straightened up as stiff as an ironing board and just stood there smiling, looking around to make sure that no pony had heard her remarks. She then eased up a bit seeing as everypony was already busy doing something and now that Hookline had left there was only her, Light, Sweetie Belle, Rarity, and this prince pony that she had never met or heard of before. But that is what she gets for living in the middle of no where. Apple Bumpkin moved aside from the door so that she wouldn't be in the way of anypony and sat down on the floor to await her turn to get a chance to speak to this amazing fashion designer and or her little sister. " 'Ah just hope 'Ah don't get in the way is all." She said out loud and then hung her head in shame again, she had a problem of speaking her mind and sometimes it came out at the worst possible instants.

Rarity smiled politely at Hookline as he happily took the vest and departed. She brought a hoof to her face as she realized, seconds after he left that she hadn't told him when his suit would be ready to pick up. Ah well, she was sure he'd come back for it. It had sounded like it was important, after all.

Nodding, Rarity turned to her other customers. That's right. It was time for him now. Great. She wasn't looking forward to this. Sighing, she stepped toward where he was still talking with Sweetie.

"Next customer, please!" she chimed, at least trying to remain cheerful as she looked toward him.

Sweetie Belle swelled with eager attention, as the prince gave her advice on how to properly perform her new role. Oh, Rarity was *sure* to make her an official shop assistant with this advice! And a prince! Eeeee! She hoped this wasn't Rarity's prince, 'cause Sweetie wanted a prince all of her own, too... the glasses being removed revealed little heart-shaped eyes, as the kind prince acted so sweetly towards her, so kindly ... she nodded, as he waved her on to the other customers, and gave a tiny little appoximation of a curtsey.

She had to do a good job, she just *had* to. Walk slowly. Glasses up on her horn. Cushion first. Oh, there was so much to remember! She walked proudly, her head high, making sure the glasses stayed balanced up there... so she didn't notice as the overly long measuring tape slipped lower and lower on one side, not till she stepped on it and fell into a tumbling roll, that ended up with her coming right-side up in front of the group of chatting ponies.

Unfazed, because she was rather used to this, she stood up straight, smoothed out her vest, fixed her glasses over her horn, brushed a hoof through her mane, and then pulled out her little notebook and pencil. "The fabulista Rarity is busy just now, I am afraid. Would you like to wait, or would you like to make an appointment for later?" She took the pencil in her mouth and waited expectantly.

Blueblood watched her stride off, acting with dignity... Clearly he'd done a good deed for the day, teaching a young pony the proper way to serve some-pony and behave in polite society... uh oh...

He saw the tape slip, but he couldn't catch it in time before she tripped on it. He winced as she tumbled over her own hooves, though she got at least a few points for her fast recovery. Clearly she needed more practice. However, she'd done her very best to serve him, and listened to his advice. He should have said something about securing anything that could trip you, sometimes a problem with formal-wear as well as measuring tapes.

"Next customer, please!"

Oh, delight, oh rapture. Time to face _her_. Well, she was supposed to be this exceptional 'fashionista'. He got up, leisurely finishing his cup of tea, and walked over, all the time checking to see she didn't have any cruller chakrams secreted about her person, ready to assault unsuspecting members of royalty. Let us see if the privations he had gone through in coming here were worth the effort (excepting the tea, that was actually rather a pleasant surprise).

"Miss Rarity, I believe. Hoity Toity himself suggested that you would be able to provide for my exacting requirements. Hopefully without any assaults by baked goods or insane animals. Lord Pooflehoof will be holding a grand gala event to commemorate the launching of his new air-yacht. I am of course invited, and as any-pony familiar with the conventions of Canterlot Society would know, showing up in a suit I had already used at some other event would be the most dreadful faux-pas.

"So, I must have a new set of formal-wear suitable, pardon the pun, for both the reception, and the launching itself. I spent hours with Hoity Toity, giving freely of my valuable time because this is _that_ important, second only to possibly the Grand Galloping Gala. I worked hard critiquing his efforts to create a bespoke design, until he finally admitted that he couldn't provide something sufficiently... sufficient. Hence, his suggestion that you might be able to provide what I need. He apparently has the greatest respect for your skills." He rolled his eyes. "Of course, I had not realised that we'd already met."

He took a deep cleansing breath. "But that is behind us. This matter is of vital importance to me. I will pay whatever is needed, but I expect to get value for my money. The question is, are you as talented and capable as Hoity Toity and your little sister say you are? And more importantly, can you apply that talent to stallion-wear?"

The royal pony had finally received his turn. Now Light knew that he was next. There was one thing however that he needed to do before meeting Rarity. He got up from the bench he was sitting on and confidentally trotted over to Sweetie Belle. He opened his mouth to speak, but to his horror no words were coming out! His one chance to talk to her and he was blowing it. This was nothing new, he always had trouble starting a conversation, but if he could get started it should flow easily.

Gathering every bit of his strength, he finally was able to speak. "Hi... um... Sweetie Belle. Nice glasses." Ok. Good start. As long as he didn't spill the fact that he was friends with Sweetie's secret special somepony, all would be fine. "I was wondering some things. First... I met a new pony friend and I was wondering if you had any feelings... I mean knew about him. His name is Pipsqueak, although he likes to be called Pip."

Light took a breath. He almost lost it, but hopefully Sweetie Belle didn't suspect anything. Now onto the second thing he wanted to takk to her about.

"And the second thing is kind of related to that. Pip and I were thinking of throwing a party, actually a formal party. Not sure exactly what that means, but it sounds important. We want to have this party so we can find our special... I mean get to know other ponies. Actually that's why I'm here, to get something fancy from your sister to wear. Anyway, one thing we need though are posters. The problem is that both of us can't draw very well. So I was wondering since you are the best drawer in my class, would you be able to help make them? You can make them however you want, and it would be a really great help. What do you say?"

He waited, seeing what would happen next. Would this end in success or failure? Well, not total failure. He would still need to meet with Rarity.

Apple Bumpkin was staring at this young pony in front of her and could no longer hold back a very loud "SQUEEEEEEE!!!!" She then blushed and got down to SweetieBelle's level and began to blush and gasp. "Oh my word, ya are so cute!" She proclaimed not knowing what else to say, she then thought to herself Oh shoot, 'Ah bet everypony is lookin at me funny. She quickly straightened up and returned to a very Marelike pose, fiddling with her handkerchief some more and then letting out a very large sigh. She had just interrupted her conversation with the other customer and knew that wasn't a very marelike thing to do, so returning with her smile she spoke slowly. " 'Ah am very sorry there, Light, 'Ah think yer name was. Very sorry about interuptin yer converstain an all." She then backed up a bit to give the two of them some room to speak. She knew not of this Pip that Light was talking about, but she knew that if they were sweet on this little pony here they sure as all get out better meet with Rarity's approval. Apple Bumpkin coughed and then trotted around in a circle, for no particular reason and then sat down on the spot, a touch to the side of the door so that someponies could get in if they wanted. She sighed again, she had just made herself look like a huge fool in front of not only Rarity, but this little pony SweetieBelle as well.

Rarity just sort of nodded along as Blueblood spoke, only half listening. He was a customer. She couldn't very well be rude. She had however become so thoroughly disillusioned by everything about this stallion that she still found him rather odious. There were locals in Ponyville who found Rarity's personality grating. She wondered if what she felt now wasn't similar to that. Moreover, she wondered what those same ponies would think of this smug prince.

This was going to be difficult. Still, she had to endure. It was her job to satisfy every customer. Furthermore, if this poor excuse for a stallion was here on Hoity Toity's recommendation it was doubly important. Hoity Toity was one of her biggest links to the greater world of high fashion. She had to keep that in mind. if nothing else, she could just imagine that whatever she made for Blueblood was just being indirectly made for Hoity Toity she supposed.

Rarity gave a mild sight and nodded. She wasn't going to distract herself with any further pettiness. No quips or low blows, as hard as they were to resist. This wasn't about that night at the Gala. This was about making an order. She had to put on her smile and act professional. She wasn't Rarity right now, she was the face of Carousel Boutique.

"Welcome to Carousel Boutique," Rarity said after the stallion had said his piece. "I assure you that we offer only the finest in designs here. You can glance at some of the dresses we have on rack, or if you'd rather, take a look at these photos of some of our more notable designs." Rarity proceeded to retrieve from nearby a small collection of photographs; amongst them, pictures of Sapphire Shores wearing some dresses Rarity had made, some of the outfits she had made at Hoity Toity's request, including the ones of her friends, and a fair assortment of others she had made for high profile customers.

"As for stallion-wear, I'll admit we mostly deal in mare's clothing, and that's where my main talents lie. However, I have upmost confidence in my ability to produce anything the customer may want," Rarity said. "So I should be able to produce for you the finest quality stallion-wear. Of course, if you choose to remain unconvinced of that, I could always make you a fabulous dress instead. Who knows, perhaps that might actually suit you better."

Rarity was somewhat taken aback with her own words. Had she actually said that? And after telling herself to be profession and avoid petty quips? She had already failed to do just that. She couldn't believe herself. She smiled awkwardly, wondering just how the prince might respond.

Sweetie Belle smiled and reached up to give a little adjustment to Rarity's glasses. "Why, thank you," she said. She was certainly brightening up as the other foal went on. Of course she knew Pip! He had such a neat accent! And she'd never been invited to a formal party before! Oh, what would she wear? And who would she take as her date? She wondered if Prince Blueblood was doing anything...

But the hoped-for invitation never came. No, he just wanted her to make posters for the party. Oh. Well. "I -" she started to respond, when suddenly she was scooped up and hugged and being babbled over! She blushed and pushed at Apple Bumpkin. "Mmph! I... what... huh?" As she finally won her freedom again, she quickly smoothed her hooves over her little vest and made sure her glasses and mane were in place. She had to be professional! "I, um, th-thank you." She didn't think this was supposed to happen to shop assistants. Now what would she do?

She'd pretend like it hadn't happened, that was it! Where was she? "I, uh ... oh, hey! You have a neat accent just like my friend Apple Bloom!" No, that wasn't what she was going to say! What was it? Oh, right, posters! "Oh, and, um ... it's nice to meet you, any friend of Pip's is a friend of mine, of course! And ... I'd be happy to ... help make posters! I hope you guys have fun at your party!" She tried not to be too disappointed at not having an invitation herself ...

"Um, so ... did you both want to wait for Rarity, then? Or did you want to make appointments?" Where had her pencil and notepad gone? Oh, there they were!

Guiding Light realized in his trying to make sure that he got all of the information out that he needed to, he forgot about the most important thing: inviting Sweetie Belle to the party! How could he not mention the fact that the potential special somepony of his best friend was invited. It clearly shown on Sweetie's face this error as while she was interested in making the posters she was sad not to go.

"Oh I'm so sorry Sweetie Belle," Light said, " I forgot to mention something really really important. You're invited to this formal party. I wasn't sure if Pip wanted me to tell you in person of if he was going to send a note. But yeah, of course you're invited as you're Pip's special... I mean he definitely wanted you to come."

Light then turned to Apple Bumpkin who had just released Sweetie from a hug. "That's ok. you didn't interrupt."

Then Light remembered the second reason why he was here when Sweetie Belle asked if he was seeking Rarity. "Actually I am seeking your sister. Pip told me I need something formal to wear, whatever that is. The only place I could think of was here."

Trying her hardest to stop from stealing this young pony in front of her and trotting away back to her farm she put on a massive grin.

"Well, 'Ah could spend some time with ya while yer sister is busy with Light, 'Ah don't mind." Apple Bumpkin said trying to convince Sweetie Belle to take some time aside to talk with her. "But in relation to mah accent, it is true 'Ah'm one of Apple Bloom's cousins. 'Ah live out near Fillydelphia on a farm called Tiny Apple Valley. Yer more than welcome ta stop by if ya and yer friends wanted to. There aint much to do but maybe a change in scenery would help ya?" She giggled a bit, still trying to contain her excitement over this absolutely cute pony. Apple Bumpkin let her mind slip for a few seconds and envisioned Sweetie Belle as a mare about her own age and then began to blush and had to shake her head around a few times to change the topic oh her thoughts.

" 'Ah think that 'Ah can wait fer yer sister ta not be busy, or when the shop aint as busy as a whole since 'Ah don't have anywhere t'be anytime soon, Unless ya'll'd rather me leave." She smiled again at Sweetie Belle, in all truth she had come to strike a business deal with Rarity and planned on marketing a dress or two for her, but since meeting Sweetie Belle her plans have slightly changed.

(OOC: I thought we were going by turn order!)

Blueblood examined the photographs carefully, shuffling through them with his telekinesis. The dresses were familiar, ones he had seen at the best functions, so it was clear that this mare, whatever her social shortcomings, really was a prolific and capable designer. The few pieces of stallionware did have a certain verve and style, and he suddenly felt a lot less uncertain about coming here. If she could be trusted to maintain this standard.

"As for stallion-wear, I'll admit we mostly deal in mare's clothing, and that's where my main talents lie. However, I have upmost confidence in my ability to produce anything the customer may want," Rarity said.

That sounded hopeful. She started to say something about producing the finest quality stallion-ware, but he got distracted by the minor drama going on with his erstwhile assistant. She had recovered nicely from her tumble, and greeted the first customer, a foal, only to be assaulted by the second, some dreadful mare with the same grating accent as that friend of Rarity's who'd fed him fattening carnival fare and then assaulted him with a giant apple cake.

He was ready to intervene, but Sweetie Belle managed to disengage herself without assistance and without being as rude as her assailant. She even managed to say something nice about the mare's accent, going above and beyond the call of duty. Wait, she knew some-pony like this? Oh well, in such a backwater it was inevitable that she'd have to associate with such people. Fortunately, it didn't seem to have affected her. He had maintained his appearance of attention even while he'd been observing that, and realised that Rarity had stopped talking.

"Yes, yes, I'm sure that will be fine." He replied. "I need to be the cynosure of all eyes, my attire must be striking without being over-done, flamboyant yet austere. It miust be something that they will talk about for the rest of the season. And definitely without cake."

Part of his attention was still on Sweetie Belle, who was doing the best to manage the needs of both customers, though ti was clear the colt was also a friend of a friend. A friend of a friend who was arranging a formal party. Intriguing. Of course formal in this place probably meant 'wipe your hooves and comb your mane if you feel like it.' Still she might benefit from someone explaining to her how to act properly...

"I think it best if you take my measurements, and then I shall leave you to consider a suitable design. I can return tomorrow and see what you have come up with." He looked off into the distance, posing. "Hopefully, my superb conformation will inspire your artistic talents. Oh, and feel free to add ten percent to the final cost as a tip for your sister's excellent service. She is willing, and has some talent, but if she wishes to learn how to behave around high society ponies, she will need some professional lessons."

That dreadful farm-mare was chattering away ninteen to the dozen, and he indicated her with a tilt of his head. "I suppose _that_ is the sort of thing you have to deal with on a regular basis. You should really have an appintments secretary, otherwise you might end up with the most dreadful sort of pony just wandering in here without warning."

(OOC: He really does walk into these things...)

"Yes, yes, I'm sure that will be fine."

Rarity blinked. Had he just said that? After Rarity proposed making a dress for him? Really? She tried not to laugh.

"I need to be the cynosure of all eyes, my attire must be striking without being over-done, flamboyant yet austere. It miust be something that they will talk about for the rest of the season. And definitely without cake."

Well, it certainly would be flamboyant. He'd be sure to draw eyes. Sure enough, it would leave everypony talking too. Not laughing became exponentially harder as she pictured it.

She couldn't actually make Blueblood a dress though, could she? It was obvious he was just distracted or something? He had likely not heard her. As funny as it was to her, she needed to be practical here. Still, the humor, the whimsy, it was hard to resist. Perhaps she'd make two ensembles for the prince? She'd make a dress to embarrass him with as well as the actual suit she intended to ultimately sell. It would take time of course, but she so wanted to see the look on the pompous prince's face.

"Understood! I'm sure that what I come up with will leave you simply stunned!" Rarity said, smirking, trying not to giggle.

"I think it best if you take my measurements, and then I shall leave you to consider a suitable design. I can return tomorrow and see what you have come up with. Hopefully, my superb conformation will inspire your artistic talents. Oh, and feel free to add ten percent to the final cost as a tip for your sister's excellent service. She is willing, and has some talent, but if she wishes to learn how to behave around high society ponies, she will need some professional lessons."

Rarity was pleasantly surprised to hear Sweetie would be making her extra money. She definitely had no complaints there, even if the suggestion that her sister needed lessons did mildly irritate her. She'd be happy to take money from this pony.

"Tomorrow doesn't give me much time. I have a lot of orders lined up already. Is there any chance that I can get you to return the day after that instead?" she asked with a nod. He probably expected her to suddenly make his order the highest priority, but that wasn't how it worked. Not for a pony like him.

"I suppose _that_ is the sort of thing you have to deal with on a regular basis. You should really have an appintments secretary, otherwise you might end up with the most dreadful sort of pony just wandering in here without warning."

Despite being himself, Blueblood hadn't said anything really odious in a while. That was until these words came out of his mouth. Rarity frowned. Not too long ago, she might have acted somewhat snobbish toward some of the more common of Ponyville's residents. Through Applejack and her other friends she had learned how very noxious and wrong that sort of attitude was. Hearing such words from Blueblood was thus not easy.

"All ponies are welcome here," Rarity said with finality. "Nopony need be deprived access to the glamour of my designs, I say. We don't discriminate here at Carousel Boutique..."

And if we did, that mare wouldn't be the first one here we refused to serve. Rarity managed to cut herself off before adding those words. She didn't want to be confrontational. She wasn't here for that.

"Furthermore, your advice on how to run my business was not asked for," Rarity added sternly. Despite it all, she wondered if she wouldn't have to hire some assistance soon. It was becoming a lot of work as her name became more and more notable.

As he approached the door of Carousel Boutique he found himself dreading this moment but knew it had to be done. Ever since the death of his parents things had proven to be much different and, at certain times of his life, much more difficult. There was one thing though that though he found himself completely and utterly unsatisfied with. Due to how sudden the passing of his parents was there were many things that Dusk Aegis was forced to take over and deal with in place of his parents, leaving him little choice but to give his parents a quick burial that left him wishing he could have given them better. He first found he had to hire people more skilled in dress making then himself in order to finish the orders his mother previously had gathered while the deliveries were done between himself and a few other ponies. Once that had been finished he began his training to become part of the Canterlot Guard, having always looked up to and wanting to follow in his fathers footsteps.

It was only after much more time of training that was the most demanding thing he had ever been through, he had finally finish and had become part of the Canterlot Guard. He was given some time to himself before he was to finally take part in his new job. This time was what he had wish for and when he was told he was given it, he wasted no time in setting things in motion. He let out a soft sigh as the events finish replying themselves through his head and he opened the door, stepping into Rarity's place of business and looking around room, a nervous expression placed upon his face. "Umm...Miss Rarity, are you here? I hope that I am not intruding on anything but...umm...I have a request if you are not to busy."

Sweetie pranced in place eagerly as she was told that she was invited! "Oooo! Thank you so much! I'll go, of course! Oh, I'll have to ask my parents, but I want to!" She mused for a moment. "Oh, I'll need something to wear. Rarity will help me with that, just like she can help you!" She was lost in her imagination for a short time, then said, "Oh, and I'll have to find someone to go with me!" She turned her head to look thoughtfully over to Prince Blueblood, fantasies playing out in her head.

Sweetie shook her head. Work first! She was a shop assistant now! She looked up to Apple Bumpkin and Guiding Light. "Ah, yes. Of course you can wait for the Fabulista Rarity to be ready, and I'll be glad to spend time with you in the meanwhile! Would you like some tea, or a cushion to sit on, while you wait?" She thought a moment more. "I don't know if I could make a trip out there, but I'll be glad to visit with you while you're in town. Are you staying with your cousins?"

(( The thread is closed, I assume Dusk got Rarity's permission to join? ))

She blinked, then, as a pony came in and tried to push past everyone waiting to cut in line. "Excuse me," she said to the two, and trotted swiftly up to Dusk Aegis. "Good day," she said primly to him, "But I'm afraid the Fabulista Rarity is busy just now." She held up her notepad, and took her pencil in her mouth. "Would you like to make an appointment, or would you care to wait for a while until she is ready for you? It may be a while, as Rarity always takes the time to make every customer has the perfect outfit!"

(( The thread is closed, I assume Dusk got Rarity's permission to join? ))

((ooc: just to clarify, but yes, he contacted me via PM about having Dusk visit the Boutique and I pointed him toward this topic and gave him permission to join. ;) ))

Sweetie Belle immediately brightened up when she heard she was invited. She began to talk about how fun it would be going to the party and needing to get a dress. Of course having a fashion designer as an older sister helped. Then Sweetie Belle said about looking for somepony to take her to the party. This left him with a quandry. Guiding Light could say nothing but this wouldn't help his friend, Pipsqueak. He could just flat out tell her that Pip wanted to be her special somepony and definitely wants her to go to the party with him, but this ran the risk of Sweetie not believing Light or worse saying no to him, making Light have to tell the bad news.

He decided on the third option.

"Well Sweetie Belle, I think I may know somepony who is interested in taking you to the party, but I have to talk to him first just to be sure. He's kind of shy. I'll tell him you're interested in somepony going with you and he will then talk to you soon." This was the easy part. Now Light had to convince Pip to gather his courage and actually ask Sweetie out to the party. Light had his work cut out for him. The colt also had to find a special somepony before the party, or else he would be the only one without.

Sweetie then went back to her assistant routine. Light was a little apprehensive about what to do our ask for. "Um... I think I'll have some tea Sweetie."

• 2 weeks later...

((Sorry for not responding sooner but I had some important family matters IRL. Anyway, sorry if it looked like in my post that my character was pushing past others but didn't indeed it for it to look like that ^^; Plus didn't see from reading some that there was one.))

((OOC: It's alright. I understand. ;) This topic does seem to have kind of stalled out though. I think the turn order may have gotten a little confused somewhere. AllisonRose or Stainless Steel Fox, either of you feel free to post. I'd like to get things moving along again if I can. :) Thanks!))

(OOC: I didn't want to jump the queue, and I was waiting for Apple Bumpkin's actions.)

"Furthermore, your advice on how to run my business was not asked for," Rarity added sternly. Despite it all, she wondered if she wouldn't have to hire some assistance soon. It was becoming a lot of work as her name became more and more notable.

Blueblood sniffed imperiously. He personally thought it was most excellent advice. he wanted to tell her off properly, but for the moment he needed her skills. However, he couldn't help but throw forth a small dig.

"Yes, I can see you clearly don't need any more help here..." He indicated the queue around the door, and the single filly trying to manage it all. A dark maned stallion tried to get past her jumping the queue, and Blueblood glared at him, horn glowing. Even that farm-pony had better manners for his great aunt's sake.

But it seemed Sweetie Belle did have things held by the horn. He came back to the conversation and considered Rarity's earlier words. "Hmmm... Are you sure you can't move it up to tomorrow? I have a heavy schedule for the day after. I am, after all, one of the most sought after ponies in Canterlot society."

To be honest, he had nothing that was that important, but it wasn't in him to just let it go without a fuss. That way, if he finally gave her the extra day, he was doing her a favour.

((OOC: Very sorry, I was trying to be polite and wait for Stainless. Since last time I was under the assumption that he had asked to be skipped and that was incorrect. My turn comes after his and Lux's but apparently Lux has moved up in the posting order.))

Nothing but pure excitement washed over Apple Bumpkin as she heard the words leave Sweetie Belle's mouth. Not only was this adorable filly now going to spend time close to her but she was ALSO going to be able to host a conversation with her. Trying to keep her excitement masked under a guise of calm and relaxed Bumpkin ran a hoof through her hair and let out a long sigh trying to regain focus on the situation at hand. As of current there were now two ponies trying to hold conversations with Sweetie Belle so Apple Bumpkin backed off and went to sit over at the small table that seemed where guests were supposed to wait at. She couldn't help but overhear the conversation that the rather rude pony was having with the Dressmaker and took a quick recap of what he had said.

"Yes, I can see you clearly don't need any more help here..." were his words. Interesting, there was a hint of sarcasm in the rather large white ponies tone as he spoke to the Dressmaker. Apple Bumpkin thought to herself that she should interject but then recalled that it wouldn't be very polite to do so, so opting for a different approach she simply let out a long drawn out sigh hoping to quell the conversation between the two. Bumpkin looked about for Sweetie Belle who was now attending to another pony who had gotten into the mix without anyone truly noting his presence and it was rather funny how Sweetie Belle seemed to be running the store while Rarity had a small side conversation. Just wait your turn. Bumpkin couldn't help but think to herself, not only about the pony who cut in line but also to herself for being so impatient with this white pony who was apparently chatting up the Dressmaker.

((OOC: Well, I'm glad we got that cleared up then. :lol:))

Rarity noticed yet another customer arrive, intent to instantly speak with her. To her delight, Sweetie Belle stepped forward and dealt with him in a very professional, articulate manner. Rarity felt so proud. She seemed to be doing a fine job of keeping the customers entertained as well. Maybe there was hope for her as an assistant after all?

Less pleasant was continuing to deal with Blueblood. "Yes, I can see you clearly don't need any more help here..." he commented in a particularly snobbish fashion. Rarity almost didn't want to acknowledge that he did in fact have a point.

"I realize this," Rarity said simply. "And I will have you know that I am strongly considering hiring help. My business is growing rapidly and often I find myself swamped with customers as I am now. I don't truly need this pointed out to me."

"Hmmm... Are you sure you can't move it up to tomorrow? I have a heavy schedule for the day after. I am, after all, one of the most sought after ponies in Canterlot society."

To these words Rarity offered a shake of her head. "It's simply unmanageable. I have several dresses promised for tomorrow already. Nopony short of Princess Celestia herself could get me to part with a schedule I am already well committed to."

"Now, is there anything more I may help you with?" she asked, just to add a note of finality.

She blinked, then, as a pony came in and tried to push past everyone waiting to cut in line. "Excuse me," she said to the two, and trotted swiftly up to Dusk Aegis. "Good day," she said primly to him, "But I'm afraid the Fabulista Rarity is busy just now." She held up her notepad, and took her pencil in her mouth. "Would you like to make an appointment, or would you care to wait for a while until she is ready for you? It may be a while, as Rarity always takes the time to make every customer has the perfect outfit!"

As he found himself being addressed by a foal he would look down to see what he had guessed to be the sister of Rarity. She a coat that mirrored her sisters in both color and quality and could not help but finding himself smiling softly both from the cute appearance of the pony and also how mature the young foal was able to behave in such a mature and well mannered way. He had found himself confused though at one thing she had say but no sooner had he began to wonder to himself he found himself blushes rather deeply in embarrassment. Slowly he would look over his should to find himself receiving odd, if not upset, looks by others for having indeed pushed his way past them although not quite realizing it, causing a awkward and nervous laugh to escape him.

"Yes, I can see you clearly don't need any more help here..." He indicated the queue around the door, and the single filly trying to manage it all. A dark maned stallion tried to get past her jumping the queue, and Blueblood glared at him, horn glowing. Even that farm-pony had better manners for his great aunt's sake.

However he soon felt another pair of eyes from somewhere else with perhaps more hostility then others. When he finally turned to the stallion known as Blueblood he immediately recoiled at the sight of his glare and the sight of his horn glowing, giving him quite a threatening appearance to Aegis and he found himself taking a step back before looking back to young Sweetie Belle.

His ears had become flattened against his head and his eyes held both nervousness and fear for what he had seemed to cause upon himself as well as unknowingly walking in upon something he should have likely waited to pass. He seemed to pause for a moment, as if trying to collect himself but only partially successful as for when he spoke with was clear hesitation and nervousness in his voice. "Umm...w-well...first allow me to apologize for my poor manners. I know it is not an acceptable reason but my mind way else on less...happier thoughts. Uhhh, in any case! It seems that things are quite busy." He spoke and unconsciously took another step back in the direction of the door. "S-So...perhaps it would just be best if I came at another day when things are more calmer. I d-do not wish to...cause y-you or your lovely sister any more troubles you seem to have upon this busy day..."

(( Just so you know - I move from the bottom of my RP list - the ones that have been updated the longest ago - and check upwards from the bottom of the list. So if you start posting uselessly to the thread saying, "Why isn't this updated?" it means it'll take longer for me to get to it, generally speaking. If you want to hold an OOC conversation poking people to post - a private message generally works better. ))