{Canterlot} Cousin Catastrophe (Boss, Mojo QuickLime :Private)

QuickLime

"Oh! That's wonderful!" the purple unicorn waitress neighed with a smile on your face. "You seem to be a nice, honest colt. Are you SURE you're related to these two delinquents?"

"HA HA! Such a brilliant sense of humor you have!" Flam neighed as he glanced at the specials posted on the wall. "I'll have the club sandwich platter with a side of hay fries dear lady."

It was then that she noticed the small bottle and picked it up with her horn magic.

"What's this?"

"Why, it's a sample of our latest product, Apple scented perfume for mares! Please take it and use it with our compliments."

"This is surprising."

"My brother and I agree! No pony ever thought of creating apple scented perfume before.."

"No, I mean it's surprising that you're giving me this for free. That's not like you guys to do something like this."

"Oh..." Flam muttered, trying to hide the embarrassed look on his face with his hat.

Flim levitated his hat off to hang off the chair back after fanning himself for a moment with it.

He saw how Reno had reacted to his understandable reaction to seeing such beautiful bits leaving at once.

The dapper unicorn blushed sheepishly at the waitress' words and tried to gloss over them, making sure not to sing since that seemed to not be welcome in here.

"*ahem* Er, yes.. It seems appropriate to give such a lovely unicorn as yourself one of our samples as a tip for the inconvenience of our...tardyness." *..and a little buttering up so she will wear it as a living billboard and be willing to speak nicely of us would not hurt our sales a bit...* he thought.

Flim smiled broadly "And, I think our Cousin Reno could do with tasting some of the other fine fare in this eatery. I shall have a sampler platter and sparkling grape juice, lf you please, ma'am."

He turned to Reno, determined to at least present a good outcome and lesson of this meal to their innocent cousin. "I am sure we cant wait to hear how you got your cutie mark, Dear Cousin Reno.

Would you care to try a little of anything on our plates when they arrive? I'm sorry if you saw that look on my face... It's a little life lesson called "Pay your bills on time!" Remember that look when you promise to pay someone later for something, Dear Cousin."

He smiled "Anyway, we have plenty of Bits now that our apple supplies have been refreshed, So do not worry about us running out of money."

*..this week..* he thought.*...I Wonder... Buying Sweet Apple Acre apples directly got our flanks beat like rugs. Would Reno be willing to order apples for us next time? I'm sure he could use a few bits as finders fee... And who could say no to selling apples to that face?*

• 2 months later...

reno-.jpg

"Sampling sounds good!" He nodded, he could take a few tiny bites and not be rude by denying their hospitality! It was a win win situation for the little colt "Right Uncle Flim, Daddy always says that a man in debt is a prisoner" He nodded, though his Dad wasn't too good at listening to his own advice it seemed! "Well you see I was with Miss AppleJack's grandma Granny Smith! She's a really nice lady and we went on a tour! On the Tour Miss AppleJack was showing me how to tie a rope I couldn't get it at first but I kept trying! An then I tied the knot and made a lasso and I threw it and caught AppleBloom's leg! Pullin her down like a hog and that's how I got my cutie mark" He grinned "I reckon my special talent is gonna be being a cowpony when I get bigger!"

He was very proud of his special talent since he for the longest time was afraid he'd never get one... He looked at the waitress lady and smiled "I'm related to them alright! Their my uncles, their really nice, even if Dad says they can be a bit onry at times! But I'm sure they mean well!"

Reno didn't know much about Flim and Flam but he was convinced that his uncles wern't as terrible as people claimed they were, he could hear whispers, he could read faces and people didn't seem to like them at all! But Reno would show them that it's just skin deep.

Flam was impressed with the way his brother turned the otherwise embarrassing scene around. The pale furred unicorn certainly wanted to put his best hoof forward for his visiting cousin.

"Flim is right, Reno. You'll love the food here," Flam said as moments later, the waitress brought out their order. "Perhaps after we dine, we could go see Canterlot castle. Of course, they won't actually let us IN to Canterlot castle, security interests and all, but we can at least view it upclose from outside."

Flam didn't want to mention that the castle was actually open for the public, but he and his brother got themselves banned from it for trying to see Princess Celestia without an appointment by disguising themselves as Royal Guards and sneaking into the throne room. Not one of their better ideas, they were lucky not to end up in the dungeon after that plan when sour.

Flim blushed sheepishly as cousin Reno told the waitress about them.

He silently resolved he and his brother must do their best to live up to little Renos expectations of them.

"Fantastic news Reno, I am sure you shall be a top notch cowpony someday."

Then certain details of what Reno had said about earning his Cutie Mark filtered through his brain.

His eyes went wide in surprise! What was it about the Apple family that drew theirs like iron to a magnet? Perhaps having Reno buy the apples they need in their stead was not such a good idea -for Reno's sake. And how could they tell him not to mention his uncles in their presense? They would have to walk on eggshells on advisng Reno about the... er, strained relations between the Apples and themselves. Even if that Applejack was quite the kisser....

"You met the Apple family and earned your Cutie Mark with them? That is an amazing happenstance. -And with little Applebloom's help too." He winked teasingly to let Reno know he was just playing. "If you play your cards right, perhaps someday you could marry into the most honest family in Equestria..."

Flim looked to his brother "A most wonderful suggestion, my Dear Brother Flam." and nodded agreement not to go inside..

• 1 month later...

reno-.jpg

"Oh yes please!" He bounced in his seat 'I'd love to see the castle!" He was all smiles...and then AppleBloom was mentioned and he made a face "..Ewww no! She's got COOTIES! I aint gonna marry her!" He insisted, before snorting softly and stuck his nose up just a tiny bit "BESIDES I already have a FillyFriend! Her name is..um Ruby Pinch! and she is the coolest most AMAZING girl ever! The only girl that's tougher than her is my friend Haywire!"

He was rather pink by the end of that since that was the first time he had ever refered to Ruby as his Filly Friend! But she had called him her Coltfriend so he supposed it was a thing now.

"The Apples are really nice, Granny Smith and Applejack really made me feel welcome" He admitted "Plus their apples are delicious"

Flam forced a wide grin on his face as he listened to Reno.

[colour=#FF8C00]"All of that is fantastic! The Apples were very hospitable with you and you even earned your cutie mark with them!" [/colour]the mustached unicorn brother neighed. [colour=#FF8C00]"And someday, dear boy, you'll learn that girls do NOT have cooties."[/colour]

Flam restrained himself from saying, "but some DO have strong legs and hard hooves." His mind raced back to a short time ago when he, while disguised as 'Fancy Pants', got kicked a long distance by a surprisingly strong Granny Smith. As his mind raced back to reality, the food arrived at the table.

[colour=#0000FF]"Eat hearty, Reno!" [/colour]the waitress neighed with a smile before giving the unicorn brothers an icy stare before walking over to the kitchen.

[colour=#FF8C00]"AH! Now let us sample this fine cruisine!" [/colour]Flam shouted, hoping the waitress could hear his compliments.

• 3 months later...

reno-.jpg

"Oh I know they dont got cooties, I got a Filly Friend ya know, her name is Ruby Pinch"He said and grinned nodding "Yes ma'am!" He added starting to tuck in to the delicious food, but was eating very well paced and slow, used to scarfing and dashing but he wanted to savour his time with his cousins, and enjoy the food and atmosphere, he didn't get to be in resturants very often , they very seldom could enjoy such a luxury...

• 4 weeks later...

Flim chuckled as he listened to Reno admit fillies dont' have cooties and actually has a filly friend.

He did his best to look innocent at the icy glare from the waitress when she dropped off the meals.[colour=#ffa500] "I for one am glad to hear that Reno. What Pony type is Ruby Pinch? A unicorn like your dashing uncles? An Earth Pony like your side of the family? A Pegasus perchance? I promise we will not say a word to that silly "Foal Free Press" that caused so much trouble recently..."[/colour] And he meant it after they became the target of an entire issue...

He looked thoughtful as he ate, offering the sampler platter for Reno to pick from. [colour=#ffa500]"By the way, how is schooling going for you now that you arent traveling as much?[/colour]

Flam also smiled at the mention of Reno's filly love interest.

[colour=#FF8C00]"That is splendid!" [/colour]the mustached unicorn neighed before taking a big sip of water. [colour=#FF8C00]"I'm with Flim, Reno, please tell us more about this wonderful filly, er, Ruby Pinch you said her name was? Flim and I started seeking female companionship when we were your age. I remember my first crush was a lovely unicorn filly named Midnight Sun. Of, she was very pretty, quite attractive indeed! I used to share my lunch with her in the schoolyard. Too bad things didn't work out with us. She got offered over the birthday present I got her! What pony wouldn't want to be in the ground floor of a great investment opportunity? Oh well. One lesson I learned that day, Reno, never mix business and romance, it never works out."[/colour]

Flam gave Midnight Sun a 'gift' of a certificate to buy stock in his and Flim's Apple Cider stand they planned to open up. Of course, Midnight Sun was furious, using her unicorn magic to slam the opened giftbox on top of Flam's head before trotting away in a huff! THAT was the end of that romance...