{Canterlot} Cousin Catastrophe (Boss, Mojo QuickLime :Private)

QuickLime

reno-.jpg

Reno hopped off the Canterlot train and waited at the stop, he was rather nervous about the whole thing since this was the first time meeting his two adult cousins he would be staying with for the rest of the whole week while his Father did business elsewhere, he wasn't sure what they were like but he know that they had caused /some/ trouble in Ponyville but he wasn't clear on the details of it.

Either way he figured they'd be pretty awesome, though he had noticed how nervous his dad was about him being around them...How bad could they possibly be?

201px-Flam_unbelievable_S02E15.png

Riding onboard the SSCS6k with his brother Flim, Flam steers the wheeled machine next to the train station and brings it to a stop. The lanky yellow unicorn then breaks out in song:

"I fear, dear brother of mine that we are late. I don't think this sad subject is up for debate,

We need to find our dear young cousin with much haste..

Because Reno's vacation time we don't wanna waste....

It's now our responsibility to find our cousin, don't you see?

You're Flim, and Flam, we're the world famous Flim Flam brothers!

Traveling sales ponies non pareill!"

The bare-lipped half of the twin unicorn con-pony tag-team, Flim, tipped his straw hat back as he hopped off the SSCS6K and started to dance.

"Oh I quite agree, Dear brother of mine, You see..

Oh, We've got Opp-or-tun-i-tee,

The next generation of Go-Lucky to see,

We can take advantage of his father's jam,

To teach him the way, Nonpareil

Of his cousins, Flim and Flam

And have fun along the wayyyyyy...

The World Famous Flim Flam Brothers,

Plus Reno~...."

Flim ended the song with a flourish as his costume cane popped the train station door open.

"After you My Dear Brother Flam,

Let us find our wayward lamb!

Where oh Where can Reno be?"

(Oh God so much singing XD)

reno-.jpg

Reno could hear them both from where they were, and that big machine of theirs was hard to miss, he was honestly a little surprised to see that they were unicorns! Since he had expected them to be earth ponies but oh well! "Cousin Flim! Cousin Flam I'm right here!" It was hard to miss the white pony with the green mane who stood out like a store thumb..he was also not wearing any clothes. He grinned since the two seemed energetic and spunky and light hearted which was good! He was sort of afraid they would be stuffy and unpleasant to deal with.

The machine they were on was fascinating to boot! All the bells and whistles, and the way it didn't seem to need anyone pulling it to make it move.

Flam galloped up to Reno and offered a quick hug.

"So pleased to see you, cousin Reno, welcome to Canterlot! May I help you with your luggage?"

The red mustached stallion smiled as his horn glowed, lifting all of the luggage around him into the air.

"Dear cousin Reno, what would ya like to do first?" he said before breaking out into song again.

"Grab some chow? Ride a cow? See the castle? Take a bow? As the Princesses go by..

Buy some stuff? Read a book? Do some fishing in the brook? Just tell us and we're off!

Write a letter? Fly a kite? Do whatever you think is right? We are yours to command!

Peel an apple? You want half? Try to make the Royal Guards laugh! Just name it and that's what we'll do!"

Flim grinned as he also galloped up and offered Reno a hug "Weclome Cousin Reno! We are so glad to have you here."

He danced in step with his brother, adding choruses whenever Flam stopped for a breath.

"Yes , tell us anything, anything you'll try, Bungee jumping or using a hang glider to fly!

To the library, the movies, the play, we're off! Whatever it is we wont scoff.

Bowling and pizza are your command? We will do that and whatever you demand!

Yes Yes tell us true, Reno GoLucky This week is all about you!"

Flim finished on his knees with a florish, his forelegs spread wide. He smiled at Reno, his eyes on the foal's level, before he leaned forward onto all fours.

"Well that was a fun song. Care for a ponyback ride back to our transportation while Flam has your luggage?"

reno-.jpg

The whole introduction was almost a touch overwhelming! But Reno grinned ear to ear and returned both his Cousin's hugs, snickering as they sung an introduction that was both witty and funny. Reno only had one dinky little bag since he didn't have much but was thankful for his cousin taking it "Thank you Cousin Flam" The offer of a piggy back ride made the tiny pony smile "Yes please! That sounds fun!"

He pondered briefly on something they could do but all their ideas while wonderful were expensive and Reno didn't want to be any kind of bother to his cousins while he was there and being treated to their hospitality "I'd like to just see Canterlot! I'v never been to such a big city before, can we do that please?" it surly didn't cost a single bit to window shop!

Flam smiled at Reno's suggestion.

"Excellent plan, young stallion! We'll have a look around! This is such a grand city! So many wonders to be found!"

The lanky mustached unicorn floated all of Reno's luggage onto the SSCS6k before helping him up onto Flim's back.

"There we are, all safe a sound, time to have a look around!

Flam couldn't help singing, he was so thrilled that his young cousin came to visit. Due to the brother's 'less than stellar' reputation, few ponies ever came to visit them.

Flim chuckled as the foal was lifted onto his back and trotted proudly out of the railway station.

It felt soo good to be entertaining family. I guess it helped their reputation with the GoLucky's that they were getting along so well with their Dear Cousin Miss Fortune.

So much so that Reno's father would let them watch the foal for a week.

The yellow unicorn totted up to the SSCS6K and let Reno climb off onto the machine.

"Yes, yes! A grand tour of Canterlot, Celestia's Sacred ground!

A city of many wonders, both mundane and profound!

Shall we walk or..." he grinned an nodded to the machine "..drive around?"

reno-.jpg

Both cousins were a touch intense for the foal, but he happily held onto his mustache- free cousin's neck as they walked back to the strange contraption and moved to hop on, it was amazing and seemed to be a bunch of gears and thiggamagiggers and whatchamacall its "Really? We could ride it around Canterlot?!" He asked glancing at them both grinning "Yes please!" It sounded like fun and the machine was really interesting to the young colt since a small part of him loved interesting new things especially machines.

He was glad he got to visit some family, his father had been hesitant as HAY about letting him come stay the week with them but he needed to focus on 'Work" and the Brothers were the only family that were actually TRYING to make a name for themselves..legitly..semi legit.. they were...sometimes they..

The brothers were TRYING! What more do you want?

"Splendid, cousin Reno!" Flam neighed as he turned towards Flim. "Ready to power up the machine, dear brother?"

The mustached unicorn's horn began to glow as he shot a magical beam unto the SCSS6k which then started all the mechanisms within it.

"We will soon be on our way, there's so much to see today!

And our journey will be a pleasant one!

We will soon be on our way, there's so much to see today!

And the three of us will have a lot of fun!!!!"

Flam braced his hooves and grinned as he placed himself where Reno could hop onto a seat if he wished to.

"Ready my Dear Brother Flam! Watch this, Cousin Reno. ...And a Bing Bang Zoom!"

Flim's horn generated a brilliant green glow, the equal of Flam's shooting into the device and starting it up with a series of chuffs and wheezes. The steam whistle tooted as pressure built up.

Flim handed Reno a chord

"We will soon be on our way, there's so much to see today!

And our trip will be lots of fun!

Cousin Reno, if you may. Help clear our way,

Help our SSCS6K to run.

When you see a pony in the way, warn them away!"

Flim pulled the chord to make the whistle toot in example, and a top-hatted pony in front of them jumped to the sidewalk in front of "Bistro's B&B -At Canterlot Station".

reno-.jpg

Reno hopped onto a seat and grinned as he got handled the whistle, the sound that shot out of it made his mane at the back of his neck stand on end! "Woah.." He loved seeing how the two used their combined magic to power the machinery , such a machine it was too! He'd never seen anything like it in all his days of existance that was for sure...When another unsuspecting pony crossed in front of the Machine he gave the whistle a sharp tug to scare the pony clean out of their fancy Canterlot pants!

His eyes were looking everywhere though, at all the buildings, all the stores, everything..he'd never been to a big city before "..Woah.." he muttered quietly to himself glad his Cousins were showing him this, he'd have to do something nice as a thank you to the two of them...

Flam laughed as he watched Reno pull the whistle and scare ponies out of their way. The mustached brother thought to himself how lucky they were to see no Royal Guards around. No telling what trouble they could be in for making a disturbance like this in public.

"Shall we grab a bite to eat? I know of a place just down the street

They have great hay, and salads too

Allow us to treat you, it's the very least we can DOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Flim grinned as he watched Reno having loads of fun, making ponies who had never seen a device like theirs before run out of the way.

"That's it Reno, have some fun!

Make the jay walkers run, run, run!"

He perked his ears toward Flam and caught a cautionary note behind the words. Realizing Reno was indeed making quite a disturbance, he bowed to Flam's thinking and siezed on the distraction.

"Quite right my Dear Brother Flam, I know that place to eat,

The menu is tried and true,

What do you say, Reno? Today is for you."

reno-.jpg

Reno stopped the tugging since he also got the hint, grinning lightly to stand a little closer to the edge to watch the people go by, before glancing back at his Cousins "Mhm that sounds good to me" He said and smiled, he really didn't want to be a bother though, his dads slightly penny saving mentality probably leaking on him . "What does it do other than move?" He asked noticing all the tubes and such on it SO by logic it did more than just move around via steam and magic right? He couldn't help but be curious about the strange machine that he'd never seen before.

Not like there were many around like this, it was a rather unique set up... He was making sure to stop tugging the whistle , he rather enjoyed the looks other ponies gave from the side lines.

Taking Reno's hint, Flam pulls the brakes on the SSCS6k to bring it to a stop in front of the Canterlot Cafe.

"And here we are, we've just arrived! To a place of food sublime!

As we dine, we'll have a treet! Something very good to eat!"

Before he could start to sing the next chorus, the lanky uniform got pelted with thrown apples, pears and even a few rocks from the angry townponies who had followed their vehicle.

"STOP ALL THAT SINGING! WE CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!"

"AND SCARING US WITH THAT WHISTLE!"

"GO AWAY, YOU TWO SWINDLING UNICORNS!"

Looking stunned, Flam used his horn magic to float up a basket and began catching all the thrown fruit.

"Thank you, Canterlot! We love you too!" he shouted as a chorus of "BOO!" rose up from the departing crowd. "Er, pay no attention to them, dear cousin. Just a few of our critics. The people here really love us, they do!"

As he spoke, a launched pumpkin struck Flam in the head and knocked him down. As he rose up on his feet, his horn poked out of the big orange pumpkin that now encompassed his head.

Flim was about to explain what the machine does when the rain of fruit started.

He levitated a trash can lid over to act as a shield and put himself between the crowd and Reno.

"Egad! The whistles were for your safety. You may have noticed nopony pulls our pride and joy!

Fillystines! Fillystines and Rubes in fair Canterlot! What silliness has befallen Celestia's city?"

The knot of ponies were finally leaving, hopefully from his words when Flam was hit.

"Flam!" the unicorn moved to help his brother and take the pumpkin off. "Dear Brother Flam, Speak to me, are you okay?"

reno-.jpg

Reno's eyes widened as they started pelting food at them..okay not at HIM but at his cousins, the jeering and the booing made him hide behind his cousin's Flim's leg the whole situation was scary as hay! When the pelting stopped he glanced around and cringed seeing Flam having the nasty pumpkin wedged on his horn.. makingReno VERY glad he didn't have one of those!

"Are you okay...? "He asked as he moved over to him, putting his hooves on his cousins leg , a worried expression on his face since that had to have hurt "They don't seem very nice do they?" He knew his cousins singing was pretty annoying to an outsider, and even he knew they had a slightly troublesome background, one that made his own father VERY Hesitant in letting him come here in the first place! But he so far was really starting to like his cousins and it upset him to see them get pelted with food ...even if they maybe kinda deserved it a little bit...

Flam didn't want Reno's impression of Canterlot (not to mention the Flim-Flam's reputation there) to be negative, so as he floated the big pumpkin off his head, the unicorn stallion put on his best 'award winning' smile.

"What a fun bunch of jokesters in Canterlot, they truly truly love us both a lot,

Even if they don't even know it, and they have a crude crude way to show it,

Do not worry or even fear, Flim and I are beloved here!"

Flam floated a towel from the SSCS6k to wipe all of the pumpkin mess from his face and head.

"Shall we have lunch? Reno, you will LOVE the food in this lovely diner..."

Flim sighed and put on a good natured grin as he played along.

"Though their love and Shenanigans are better suited for the "Jackass" stage show,

We get along well enough that for perfume, they give us their dough.

Our scents are the talk of Canterlot,

-and Reno, in Bits we make a lot!"

Flim used his magic to repair Flam's hat and placed it back on his head.

"Yes, lets go inside the diner, You'll agree the fare is nothing finer!"

Flim trotted to the door and used his magic to hold it open, bowing Reno inside.

"After you, Cousin Reno and my Dear Brother Flam."

reno-.jpg

Reno didn't fully believe his cousin's claims that they were beloved, he wasn't deaf nor was he blind, and he had heard the jeers and saw the stuff being thrown rather violently at them, so hard a pumpkin was impaled on his mustache'd cousin's HORN! It was obvious they were brushing it off to try and make sure he didn't have a bad time with them... so he gave them his best smile and nodded going inside... "Okay"

It was hard to believe that they were liked as every partron in the place turned to look at them glaring lightly, some mumbling and hiding their heads in their news papers...Reno frowned ears pinning back , they were certainly obnoxious but that was no reason to treat them so badly...

Flam spotted an open table in the back and led the others to it.

"Some of the finest food in the city is found here!

It's served up hot and with a lot of cheer!"

"Pipe down with the singin' already!" a gruff looking purple unicorn waitress neighed as she walked over to their table. "And like I told you two characters before, the boss said no more credit till ya settle your tab!"

"We have bits today, dear lady, and we're here with our COUSIN Reno."

"Oh! Hi there kido! Is this your first time in Canterlot?"

Flim winked at the pretty waitress mare. "Of course, of course, my good mare. Say no more on it and we shall refrain from singing. We have had a very good week with sales (after a trying week getting resupplied...) I have kept a talley on what we owe this fine eating establishment..."

He double-checks the figure on the paper in his hat and looks pained for a moment, then counts out a stack of bits a hoof high. Putting up an honest front can be so trying at times... "And a little extra for you, my dear." as he floats a small bottle of their apple perfume beside the stack. Consider it a free sample to impress the mare... If either of them can woo this mare, a little extra food slipped their way in dates would be nice... "-And I do promise a cash tip after we dine."

He looked to Reno "Pick what you will, Dear Cousin. Their food is Nonpareil, and the desserts are to die for."

reno-.jpg

Reno had actually never eaten in a resturant before but just smiled kindly at the Waitress "Yes ma'am it is" He said giving the menu a glance over, eating in Canterlot was expensive, and he had seen that pained look on his cousin's face when he had to part ways with the bits, and he didn't want to be a financial burden on them "Um....may I have a grilled hay sandwich and a glass of water please?" he asked way too..shy for asking for anything else, besides grilled hay was always good! His dad made the best in all of Equestria though.

Glancing at his Cousins he thoughta something to talk about before remembering a event earlier that week and grinned "I got my cutie mark Last week!"