The Iron Hoof (open)

( For anyone interested in joining, go here  http://www.canterlot.com/topic/20612-the-iron-hoof-interest-check-character-sheets-and-ooc/ anyone can join. )

(I'll do the rp the best I can. I'm going to put this sort of titles as the rp continues, like chapters of a book, to make it look even more interesting and awesome. xD I hope you enjoy this rp.)

~ Prologue ~

Had you ever feared that the world you know will change dramatically? One day you are happily walking down the streets of Ponyville, smiling and living happily, nothing worries you. But the next day everything changes. The ponies you know suddenly start despairing, one by one. No more news can be heard from Canterlot, as guards started arriving to Ponyville, taking more ponies away. A lot of them left, just a few return. Suddenly, one day, some guards arrive with news from Canterlot. Princess Celestia has proclaimed herself supreme leader of all Equestria, and that no one shall oppose her, or they would suffer the consequences.

Her faithful student, Twilight Sparkle, knew something was going on, that was not the Princess, how she acted, what was she doing. She had to do something. She started making secret meetings with several ponies to form a rebellion to stop her, but they were soon caught and sent to jail, as well as the ponies she was with.  At the same time, Celestia was gathering her still loyal subjects to end up the plans of Twilight of making her rebellion. This is the story of all those ponies, and the fate of Equestria lays in their hoofs. Will Celestia prevail as the supreme leader of Equestria? Or will the rebels succeed and bring back things to how they were?

~ Chapter 1: "So, it begins..." ~

Twilight woke up inside  jail with some other ponies (That mean you, the ones playing as the rebels, all of you start in prison with her.). "W-where are we?" Twilight asked a bit confused looking around at the others "Everypony is okay?" she said a bit concerned about the others, as well as the Griffon with them. "W-we must find a way out." she said standing up.

Celestia was in the throne room, with her sister, Princess Luna, as well as two other ponies. Luna's husband (Since it is a FFA) Darkness Knight, and Tia's assistant Golden Lightning. She was getting ready to go and see some of the ones that were still loyal to her in the garden. (That means the ones playing in her army.) There were some guards, as well as night guards and a dragon. She smirked after seeing it, she had quite good plans for him. 

"I hope he others are okay." Dasky mumbled to himself as he walked a bit away from Celestia. He had to find a way to help them.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tehengu sat in silence in the jail cell, awaiting Twilight's awakening. He had woken up a bit before her, and it became obvious they were in a jail of sorts. He looked over the others stuck in there with him, eventually resting on Twilight as she stirred.

"I'm fine. And you're right, we need to get out of here. Celestia will likely try to make an example out of us if we don't get out of here soon." He said, standing up as well as he looked at his leader.

-----

Aranak lounged around in the garden, simply waiting for the time when Celestia would come out to talk to them. He would play along for now, following her plans and orders, but in the end, it would be him that was on top. He just had to be patient and plan accordingly.

Color Bomb sat still, looking at her friend Pyro - the guards had knocked him out when they took everypony, and he still hadn't woken up yet. Color was worried for him.

"Come on, buddy..." she said with an undertone of desperation in her voice, prodding Pyro a little with her hoof. "Wake up!"

Finally, a flicker of movement from Pyro; he moved one of his legs slightly, then slowly began to wake up. Color gave a sigh of relief as he sat up; but, of course, the moment soon passed as she reminded herself that, both awake or not, they were in prison.

Her ears pricked up as she heard somepony ask if everyone was alright.

"Looks like Pyro and I are okay." Color replied.

Pyro looked around; everything was so dull and grey. He reached to his side for his contraption, aiming to brighten the place up, only to find it missing, as well as his saddlebag of other toys and goodies.

He said something to Color, sounding much like a pouting foal even through the speech-muffling gas mask.

"I know, they took everyone's things. At least they didn't bother to take your mask." Color replied in an almost motherly manner, clearly understanding Pyro's mumblings.

Color looked around at the others.

"So, uh, what's the plan, then?" Color asked, glancing around the cell. "We need to get out of here safely and find where they're keeping our things... Whatever we were all carrying before we wound up in here will probably come in handy."

Twilight looked at them. "Yes, we need to think on something before the guards come or Princess Celestia decides she doesn't needs us anymore." She said a bit worried about all this. She didn't knew if Celestia would kill them or something like that, but she didn't wanted to know. She looked around the room for anything that might help them escape the place, anything would help.

Celestia and the other soon arrived with the other ponies and the dragon, Golden Lightning always by her side with a smirk in his face. She smirked and looked at them closely, seeing if they were capable of. She first looked to the dragon. "You, my friend... I have plans for you." She said smirking, then looked to the bat pony. That mare... she didn't looked like a fighter, she almost looked cute, but she was a Lunar guard... perhaps she could use her if her sister decided to betray her, although she doubted it, but is better to be ready for anything, but she knew of another pony that would do it...

Darky looked around for the perfect moment to escape the place and help Twilight, the best moment to do it, he had to help them get out of there, they were the only ones that could fee Equsestria from her.

Tehengu looked to the two that had just woken up, looking them up and down for a moment before looking around the cell as he tried to figure out what they could do to escape with no tools and likely no outside help. They were in the midst of the enemy, they couldn't rely on help arriving before Celestia took care of them.

"Can you use magic? Perhaps there is a spell that will help us get out of here. If not, what can all of you do?" He asked, looking at Twilight first, then moving his gaze over the others.

-----

Aranak looked at the approaching ponies, giving a nod to the two princesses. He smirked a bit at Celestia's words, standing up fully before speaking.

"Of course you do. There wouldn't be much point in me being here otherwise, now would there?" He said, watching the alicorn closely.

Moonlight Sonnet looked towards Celestia and her surroundings. A dragon caught her eyes and she smiled. When Celestia looked over she made a face and Moonlight growled, only to stop and nod towards Celestia.

She was Luna's Guard and she listened to her no one else. Moonlight looked up at the dragon but the Sun blinded her. Moonlight looked away with a slight hiss before standing in the dragons shadow.

---

((I'll post her application later, I had an urge to a second bat pony!))

Crescent Shield looked at Moonlight Sonnet, she was built for stealth and not as much fighting but she was quick in her flying and one of the best Arieon to dodge and fly at the saw time whilst maintaining her speed

Crescent looked at herself. She was fast and one hell of a killer and she chuckled. Her eyes looked up to the dragon from his shadow and she laughed.

"You?! How old are you and I see you are strong, good we need that!" She looked over at Celestia then to Luna. Again like Moonlight she was devoted to the Night and her husband, she was in charge of guarding them both or being on the front lines.

Celestia looked at the other bat pony. This one looked more like a fighter. She smirked and then walked a way, then turned to speak with them. "I have a mission for all of you." She said, then nodded to Lightning.

The young alicorn gave a step forward. "We have gotten news that some more rebel outpost had been appearing around Equestria. We will send you there to take them out." He said calmly looking at all of them. "We will personally take care of Twilight and her little friends." he then added smirking. "The instructions will be given at the castle gates. That is all for now, when you finish, come back to the castle. If you have any questions you can ask me." And with that, he backed away to Tia's side. Tia then walked away as well as Luna and darky, except Lighting, who stayed with the others.

-------------

Twilight nodded and tried to use a teleportation spell to get out of the jail. "I- I think it wo-!" But she appeared upside down on the ceiling, still inside. "AAAAHHHH!!!" She yelled as she fell down. "Awww..." She stood up again. Looks like it has some sort of magic barrier, it won't be that easy." She said sighing.

"Hey, what are you doi- AAAHHH!!!" they suddenly could hear a guard being knocked down and some steps going on to where the rebels were.

"W-who is there?!" Twilight said seriously, was it... help?!

Darky appeared in front of the cage and opened it. "I'm getting you out of here!" He said in a hurry, then turned to Luna, who was walking inside, and nodded. She nodded back and left.

"Oh, thank goodness!" Color said as somepony came to free them. "Thank you."

Pyro clapped his hooves, giggling and hopping up and down like a giddy schoolfilly. He trotted alongside Color as everyone exited the cell.

"Alright, so we're out, and I assume we'll find our stuff soon enough. What next?" Color asked. "No offense to anyone or their skills, but we're up against the alicorn so powerful that she controls the sun here. So, how exactly are we, a rag-tag group of rebel ponies and a griffon, planning to take her down?"

((Sorry for the short post, wasn't sure what else to add to it.))

Tehengu sighed at the failed teleportation. Of course it wouldn't work, a pony jail would have countermeasures against unicorns. He looked outside of the cell as the sounds of a scuffle reached his ears. What was happening?

That was answered soon enough as a pony showed up and unlocked the cell. He also caught sight of Luna, but she left them alone, making him question what her game was. He waited until everyone was out of the cell, picking up some of the ones that couldn't walk, assuming there were any, as he exited as well.

"Thank you. Now how do we get out of here without Celestia noticing?" He said to the pony that had freed them. "Also, we should retrieve our stuff they took from us."

----

Aranak looked down at the bar pony that had addressed him, gazing at her for a moment before turning back to Celestia and her assistant. Did it really matter how old he was? He listened to what the pony had to say, giving a little hum at the news that they were going to be hunting down the resistance.

"Well, if that's all, I'll just be going then." The dragon said after the princesses had left. He then turned and began walking towards the city gates.

(No problem about the length of the post,)

"Don't worry, there is a secrete passage near here." Darky said to the Griffon. "And about Celestia..."

"We will see that when the time comes." Twilight then said. "Come on, let's get our stuff." Twilight said. Darky lead them to a small armory in the prison.

"Hey, what are you doing he- gak!" Darky knocked down the guard and took the keys from here before he could say anything. "Now, gather your stuff, we are getting out of here." Darky said unlocking a pair of chest that had all their stuff in.

------------

Celestia went to the throne room and took a seat, checking some of her work she had to do, as well as plan their next move.

Lightning went to the front gates to give the missions to the ones that were going out.

Luna went to the castle armory. "Good da-" a guard was knocked out by Luna and she moved him inside. "I hope it works..." Luna said to herself. She looked around to make sure no one was there so she could carry on with the plan.

(I don't know if you guys noticed, but I'm making a start like in the Elder Scrolls games, you know, you always start in prison or something like that.)

Tehengu nodded to the pony as he mentioned the secret passage, following him as he led them to their things. The griffon gave a look to the pony that had questioned how they were to take out Celestia. What, was she thinking they were going to do that now? Still, he said nothing, letting Twilight take care of it as he walked with them towards the armory. The pony leading them took out a guard before taking the keys and unlocking a chest.

The griffon went over to the chest, digging through it until he located his weapons and armor, taking them out and moving aside as he put them on. Once he was done, he waited for the others to finish before turning to the pony that had been leading them.

"Alright, now where is this tunnel?" He asked, wanting to get out of here before they were discovered.

-----------

Aranak took flight after a little bit, getting him to the gates quicker, and just in time to meet the pony giving info there. He landed next to the pony, looking down at him as he spoke.

"So, where am I going to find this rebel base?" The dragon asked, standing there as he awaited the answer.

Wind had mainly stayed in the background, not saying much. When the others left, they almost forgot about him, but luckily he was able to follow them out of the cage, listening closely to the sound of their whooves on the hard tile floor. He waited patiently as he heard Darky take down one of the guards, wishing silently that he had warned them before they got there. Oh well, it couldn't be helped now. He resolved to use his magic a bit more often in the future, thinking that it may be useful in case there were any traps or ambushes set up in the castle. He waited until the others had walked in, before following after them... only to bump his snout on the side of the entrance. He yelped a bit and shook his head. "Ow..." He moaned, feeling along the wall.

Color made sure she reached the chest of confiscated items before Pyro so she would have enough time to give everyone the proper protection from him.

"Alright, everyone, hold still a moment... Pyro here likes to play with fire, and I can't have anyone getting roasted, so I'm going to cast a little something on you so he can't burn you." Color announced.

She looked around at the others; it would certainly be a stretch of her magical abilities to cast her protective spell on this many individuals at once, but she thought she could do it. She began, her horn glowing a soft green. She strained for a bit, but had soon prevailed - a barrier formed around everyone in the room but herself and Pyro, then turned invisible quickly afterwards.

"Whew!" Color sighed. "There you go."

That out of the way, she retrieved her things from the chest (an old saddlebag filled with her special rainbow bombs, as well as her headlamp), then stepped aside to allow Pyro to get his things.

He skipped up to the chest, seeing it as a big toybox, and quickly located his things - to him, a giant bubble blower and a saddlebag containing a big swirly lollipop, but to everyone else a flame-spewing contraption and a slightly singed saddlebag containing an axe. Color helped him strap the flamethrower to his side, as he usually had it. He gave it a little test, giggling gleefully as he shot a stream of flames in front of him.

Darky turned around and noticed the other ponies that bumped against the wall. He looked at his eyes and noticed he was blind. "Hey, are you alright?" he asked him.

"Here goes nothing..." Luna said as she made a fire spell in the armory, then pulled out the guard and left running to the outside of the castle.

----------

Lightning was waiting for everypony to arrive to the castle gates. He then saw the dragon. "We have a map that has the locations of a pair of them, but we don't know if there are more."He explained after hearing what the dragon asked him. He looked around for the bat ponies. "Were are th-"

"FIRE IN THE CASTLE!!!"  A guard came yelling.

"Hey, calm down, what is going on?" Lightning asked.

"There is a big fire in the armory." the guard replied as Luna ran outside the castle.

"Had anyone of you seen Darky?" She asked.

"Damn it!" Lightning said as he hurried inside.

----------

Darky looked to a small sort of window and noticed the fire. "The signal..:" he said. Without thinking he grabbed the hoof of the blind pony. "Come quickly, we don't have time!" He said to everypony else as he rushed away from the place with the other pony.

Twilight was a bit confused, but followed him. "lets go." She said to everypony else.

Tehengu waited around for the time to move out, looking to the castle and the exit to make sure nothing was coming for them. Eventually, he spotted a fire from the castle, which was apparently a signal of some sort, as the pony ran off, dragging a blind pony behind him. Tehengu followed close behind, running along with the rest of the group.

"Don't fall behind!" He called to the ones behind him, glancing back momentarily as they rushed towards the exit.

----

Aranak nodded at the pony's words before a guard came out yelling about a fire. The dragon raised an eyebrow before rushing inside after the pony, going to take care of whatever the heck was going on in this castle. From the sounds of things, Celestia might have a traitor in her midst. Hmm... perhaps he could use this situation in his favor...

Crescent screeched and other loyal bat ponies joined them. "Secure the castle and put it out," Crescent growled out orders as she flew next to Aranak.

"What are you thinking? Diversion?" She asked as the dragon looked at the smoke in a slightly off putting face if confusion.

---

Moonlight Sonnet jumped upwards. "Crescent! You always do things the hard way," her front hooves landed on a cloud and she propelled the white fluffy thing into the castles window.

"Rain dummy,dear Luna, LUNA? WHERE'S LUNA?" Moonlight shouted and pounded on the rain as it began to hammer down inside the room.

"My Princess? Crescent? Have you seen her?" She asked with a slight worry but growled.

Noticing everyone beginning to rush off, apparently following the stallion who had released them from the jail, Color quickly began to follow, dragging Pyro along behind her. She noticed a faint smell of smoke and, seeing that it actually wasn't Pyro setting something ablaze this time, she looked around for its source. Glancing out a window as she ran past it, she found what she was looking for - smoke was billowing out of another part of the castle, and the occasional lick of flame was visible until some ponies started working to douse it. 

"So, uh, where are we going now?" Color called up to the stallion leading them.

Wind shook his head and rubbed his nose. "Yeah, I'm fine. It happens all the time." He replied. He took the other pony's hoof and allowed himself to be lead away, trotting carefully in case he should trip over anything. Soon enough, the smell of smoke began to sting his nostrils, causing him to cough a bit. Just like he promised, he began to expand his awareness, searching for any aura. He found nothing, but that did not keep him from staying alert. "There's no one else around as far as I can tell, but I'm not making any promises. I can only sense aura for up to twenty feet." He called, his heart beating heavily. "If I expand it any more, I might use up too much energy. Should I keep looking in case we do run into anything?"

"Follow me!" Darky said as he lead them deeper into the prision. "There is an escape rout not so far from here." he said

"They will be here soon." Twiligt said a bit worried as they ran.

"I know." Darky replied.

----------

Lightning got to the armory with Luna and saw the fire. "Wait... the prisioners!" He said and hurried down to the prision.

Celestia thought the same and went there.

"Come on!" Lightning said to the bat ponies, the dragon and Luna.

Crescent nodded towards Lightning and flew from behind, she hissed as Moonlight sped a lot faster in front of her but shrugged it off.

"My Princess, they're gone," Moonlight hollered as she landed.

--

Crescent follows up pushing in front and looking at the lock in the fire light.

"No sign of a struggle, clearly a key or a spell has been used," Crescent growled angrily.

"Princess? Orders? Do we continue with taking down the camps?"

Aranak gave a hum at the bat pony's words. A distraction... Perhaps... His gaze moved back towards where the prisoners were kept, his body following as he turned to head in that direction. It didn't take long for the others to think of the same thing, and the faster ones soon overtook him. He landed in the room, looking around at the empty cells.

"Great, they're gone." He said, mostly to himself. The mare had already announced that, after all. What to do now? He could find no trace of what direction they had headed off in. "It appears there was a traitor in the court."

---------

Tehengu continued to follow along with the others as they raced towards the exit. With that fire, they were sure to be coming to inspect the cells soon enough. They weren't stupid, they couldn't have taken power like that if they were.

"That would probably be best. We don't want to be taken by surprise down here." He called back to the unicorn that appeared to be blind.

"Lets catch them if we can." Celestia ordered. "I know where they were." She said as she hurried deeper into the prision, leading them to the secret exit. What a fool choise, she knew that exit.

----------

Darky kept running and carries the blind pony in his back. "If it uses a lot of energy, I will carry you, so do it" he said as they ran. "I know they are after us."

"Be prepared for an attack! This is Celestia's castle, she likely knows about this exit." Tehengu called to the others as they went. It never hurt to be prepared, and as they say, better safe than sorry. He had a bad feeling this escape wouldn't be as easy as it had been up to that point.

---------

"Right." Aranak said, following after Celestia as she led them towards a secret exit that the rebels would likely use to escape. Well, they wouldn't get out now, not if Celestia's forces got there first.

Wind nodded and allowed the other pony to carry him. "I'll try... But no promises." He said, then expanded out even more, stretching far beyond his twenty-foot limit. There was not much, other than a few small rodents in the walls and insects living beneath the floors in the dirt below the castle. He held his breath and expanded further, figuring he must be well beyond forty feet by now. The aftereffects were beginning to take it's toll; he began getting short of breath, and he felt a little bit lightheaded. His legs were weak beneath him, and he was thankful that Darky had decided to carry him. Just a little further... He thought, squeezing his eyes shut. Eventually, he sensed something, and that was all he needed.

"Wait! Stop!" He called weakly. "They're.... They're ahead of us... I don't know if it's them, but I don't think it's safe to take any chances.." He said, feeling as if he were on the verge of fainting.

Color looked at Pyro, making sure he was keeping pace with her. Color was growing nervous - sure, Pyro could probably handle battle with his strange state of mind and his flamethrower, but despite being a full-grown stallion he never acted much older than a foal, and Color herself was just a simple gardener. What if they were captured? What if they were killed? Color shuddered at the thought, but kept moving, keeping Pyro close to her. Suddenly, the procession of escapees came to a halt, and Color heard somepony towards the front say that someone was up ahead. Color froze in place, and soon noticed in horror that Pyro was still going, skipping past the rest of the group.

"Pyro, no!" Color said, going after him to make him stop.

Archived