Swift Breeze

Parodius

Name: Swift Breeze

Species: Pegasus

Pelt Color: Celadon ---> ########

Mane/Tail Color & Style: creamy white. His mane is kept extremely short except for a long braid in the back. His tail is also braided. Both braids have a large, red bead at the end.

Eye Color: Blue

Cutie Mark: A circle made of a blue arrow and a creamy white arrow spiraling in toward the center

Cutie Mark Story (short version):

It was the summer when the temple's roof was being re-shingled. Swift Breeze had been given a brief reprieve from his daily training to help ferry clay tiles along with the few other pegasi from where the earth pony monks left them when they brought the shipments up from the valley below, so the also sparse unicorn monks could guide them into their proper place. As they worked through the day, Swift noticed a group of ponies approaching the temple that weren't fellow monks. As they arrived, the masters at the temple asked why they had come. Before Swift knew what happenned, the group was attacking and fighting was all over the temple. Swift Breeze helped to deal with the attackers, then rushed down the mountain to check on the monks that were at the bottom to gather tiles.

Sitting the attacking group down and the monks, Swift helped to sort out the stories of the two groups. The monks said they paid for the tiles, the group said they had not. Eventually, it was found that the one that had taken the money had stolen it for personal use and lied to cover their tracks. Satisfied with the explaination, the would-be attackers left to find the thief and get their money. Swift watched as they made their way down the mountain, not even noticing as his cutie mark appeared on his flanks with a flash of light.

Physique: lean, yet strong and muscular. He keeps his wings bound against his body as part of his training.

Residence: Equestria. He wanders around, mostly living off the land and the occasional generosity of his fellow pony. His 'home' could be considered to be a temple high atop a mountain in Roughrider Ridge.

Motivation: In the process of training, he found that things in life are mixed and muddled, but the more one struggles, the better things can get sorted out. ... Plus, he really liked the flowing, smooth, fast punches and kicks and stuff that he was taught.

Dislikes: Trouble. Suffering. That stupid binding on his wings.

Character Summary: Left at the doorstep of the Mylit Elpo Nis temple when he was just a young, newborn foal, the monks took him in and trained him in their ways, including their martial arts. As he grew older, he soaked in the wisdom in their koans and proverbs, confusing as they were to him at first, as well as training hard every day. They also taught him in more mundane things, such as reading, writing, arithmetic, and so on. Seeing his boundless energy, the monks sent him out to view the troubles of the world and to investigate the cause of the sun's late rising one day. They also charged him to help those in need, and to share their wisdom. They bound his wings to help teach him humility, and to appreciate the hardships of his fellow pony, though advised him if a situation were dire enough, the bindings could be removed. Well, and for baths and stuff, because as the elder stated, "Nobody wants a smelly pony. Seriously. You would develop some serious funk, and nobody wants a nose full of that." With this final wisdom and a journal to record his journeys, Swift Breeze climbed down the mountain and into the rest of Equestria.

((OOC Note: After a bit of discussion with a fellow player and comparing apps, Zephyr Burst and Swift Breeze are long-lost, fellow abandonee brothers. Hasn't come up yet, though. They haven't even met.))

post-349-13147199852357_thumb.png

This sounds good so far, but a little vague. Maybe try to expand a little.

Does Swift Breeze not remember his parents, was he just too young at the time he was found?

Has he had any schooling? Where about is he now? Where has he been? What has he seen? Does he keep a Journal or something of his travels, or simple keep them in his mind? What has he learned about the world now that he has left his sheltered mountain life? Has he met any creatures that weren't other ponies?

I think there's lots of potential to expand on this character since he is a wanderer.

Edited to include parentage memory question, schooling question, and journal vs. memory question. Most of the other questions, I omitted so that I might explore those during roleplay sessions. By omitting the where is he now question, I can insert him into more scenes in different parts of Equestria. By omitting the past and what he has seen, I can come up with anecdotes on the fly, as long as I don't include specific ponies. It would be more interesting for him to have learned about the world through events in roleplay than in understood history, in my opinion.

Creatures that weren't other ponies... there are several factors that might change that. Have they visited the temple when he was there? Were they in a town he visited in the past? If they were in the town, did he interact with them while in said town? If it becomes an issue, I would most likely flip a coin for each race anyways. Inconsequential, as every creature is an individual.

"The past is a meal that was eaten earlier today. It may have been either good or bad, but we cannot eat it again. Though, if we are careless in life, it can still affect us later."

Status is currently stuck. :| Having a writer's block regarding his Cutie Mark story. Still trying to think it up, but... progress isn't happening, no matter how much I try.

Awww. Well, this character seems neat and unique! Some type of Cutie Mark story, even if it's short, is the only thing it looks like you need.

Maybe you could say he got his Cutie Mark when he realized just how much he loved the tranquil atmosphere of the mountain temple. You say that he likes harmony? His Cutie Mark seems to represent that in a way, being balanced, but having two sides. Maybe say something about how he figured out that in order to have life, life must be givenâ€â€Âsome animals must eat others in order to survive, but when those animals die, the help fertilize the ground for plants to growâ€â€Âand also provide food for scavengers and bugs and the like. Like what Mufasa talks about in The Lion Kingâ€â€ÂThe Great Circle of Life. How "one is all, and all is one." (And awesome points if you get the last reference.)

:/ Making slow progress on the cutie mark story. Trying to think up a way to summarize for application purposes the points I've come up with and still make it a decent read. My creative side keeps wanting to blow it up into something longer than it needs to be.

Edit: How odd. Now that I've posted this... the summary just came flowing out. One moment.