Contest? Challenge? (how do I create my own)

Hi there! So you know how Rosie and Weesh did that Applebuck season challenge? Well, I would like to do something similar, but would that be allowed? I was thinking "How Many Times Does Pinkie Pie Say Smile in the Episode "A Friend In Deed"?"

• Like 1

Unfortunately, that specific suggestion is now void because it was suggested publicly before arranged privately with staff (as Rosewind and Weesh did).

Thus allowing everyone to get 'practice' in before the idea even comes to light.

If you want to organize something like this I'd advise contacting me and show me how you have the entire thing figured out.

As Rose and co can testify, I do have tight standards to follow to make sure everything is understood by everyone (your audience) and taking professionalism into consideration (telling your friends the specifics of what the 'challenge' entails instantly makes it unfair on the rest of the Canterlot members).

That's a great idea, SRG, but as Artax already pointed out...yeah!

My suggestion is get a complete, workable pitch ready -- complete with graphics (you'll need a banner to advertise it and show them what the OP of the thread would look like) -- and what the reward would be. You'll also have to design graphics for this or make the reward viable for Artax to award. Once you've got all that together, send it to Artax and Mane in PM to iron out any details and get feedback so the contest can be clear, organized, and well-executed.

It's a tough approval process, so the more organized you are about pitching it, the higher chances of getting it approved!

As a side note, Weeshy and I are developing the next contest for soonish, but we're not quite ready to pitch it yet due to July being an extremely exciting month for Canterlot. That's all I can say!