An Open Letter to the Brony Community

brianblackberry

Found this on Equestria Daily originally where one bronie is concerned where the fandom is heading and wrote an open letter to the community, and while doing so, makes a lot of really good points.

For those who find the letter tl:dr, the summary:

The MLP Fanbase is no place for hate and name-calling. It is a place for love and tolerance. Just because somebody likes something you don't doesn't make it wrong. We as a community need to learn to be accepting of other fans, from the furries to the shippers, the clopfic writers to just plain old MLP fans. Because at the end of the day, we all share a love for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Thank you dude for posting this.

Interesting read. But it speaks from many bronies hearts, not just this one.

It reminded me of something I have been thinking lately: Could MLP be a saving grace for the Internet?

I mean, it is kind of silly. But over the years, the Internet has spiraled into a fierce tornado of hate and spam, and it seamlessly grows non-stop with nothing in this way. But ponies, yes ponies, like little browsing-the-web antibodies, are attempting to kill the nonsense with 'rainbows'.

Could MLP fandom be "The Chosen One" that will bring balance to the internet? Probably not, but I'd like to entertain the fact.